Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-29, 11:10   Link #141
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon

Only one thing remains left to mention:

Shikamaru's fearsome art skillz unveiled!! Definitely the best artist in the Naruto world, bar none.
Freakin heck I was about to forget to say something about that...that was some awesome drawing skills Drawing No Jutsu!!!
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 16:19   Link #142
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Just when it was getting interesting it ended, ARGGGH. You just cant watch 1 or 2 episodes by itself with naruto, you gotta watch like 10 in one go
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:21   Link #143
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Hey, what happened in this episode, i didnt watch it.
Oh, and what happened in the past 20 or so episodes, anything intereting?
Did they reveal who burned down the pet ophranage? I think it was that hobo with the lazy eye and sly grin, drolling and licking his chops, who was rubbing his hands together while watching the those poor puppies getting roasted. But it probally wasnt him if his alibi checks out, i mean,we saw him buylighter fluid and matches for his hobo trashcan cookout, why would someone so nice that he spent his last 5 dollars to pitch in for the annual alley rat-BBQ, burn down a pet orphanage, i mean come on.
And did the 5th hoe cage figure out that Jim the-millionaire-comsemtics-playboy was two-timing her with jill the-ever-so-homley-chemist-due-to-acid-burns to steal her everlasting youth potion reserach? Oh, and I think the 3rd hoe cage isnt dead, he got washed away to china and probally getting nurished back to health by some pandas, from their sweet sweet panda milk which i heard can cure most types of deaths. I think the 3rd hoe cage had death due to blunt force truma, I hope he can recover.
Oh, and i heard that stacy was sleeping with kakashi, what a slut.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:23   Link #144
Shura No Toki
Demon Member

wha

what the heck is goin on with anbu. theres two releases of the same episodes but the newest one nis bigger?? please help
Shura No Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:28   Link #145
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
Just when it was getting interesting it ended, ARGGGH. You just cant watch 1 or 2 episodes by itself with naruto, you gotta watch like 10 in one go
I know! I got into naruto at 43. I couldn't get enough after that. The invasion arc killed me! This was a nice intro to the arc but an hour special was a bad idea this late in the game.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 18:55   Link #146
koei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shura No Toki
what the heck is goin on with anbu. theres two releases of the same episodes but the newest one nis bigger?? please help

That's a batch torrent that includes eps 110-111. Hence it's 2gigs instead of 350mb
koei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 00:29   Link #147
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
Hey, what happened in this episode, i didnt watch it.
Oh, and what happened in the past 20 or so episodes, anything intereting?
Did they reveal who burned down the pet ophranage? I think it was that hobo with the lazy eye and sly grin, drolling and licking his chops, who was rubbing his hands together while watching the those poor puppies getting roasted. But it probally wasnt him if his alibi checks out, i mean,we saw him buylighter fluid and matches for his hobo trashcan cookout, why would someone so nice that he spent his last 5 dollars to pitch in for the annual alley rat-BBQ, burn down a pet orphanage, i mean come on.
And did the 5th hoe cage figure out that Jim the-millionaire-comsemtics-playboy was two-timing her with jill the-ever-so-homley-chemist-due-to-acid-burns to steal her everlasting youth potion reserach? Oh, and I think the 3rd hoe cage isnt dead, he got washed away to china and probally getting nurished back to health by some pandas, from their sweet sweet panda milk which i heard can cure most types of deaths. I think the 3rd hoe cage had death due to blunt force truma, I hope he can recover.
Oh, and i heard that stacy was sleeping with kakashi, what a slut.

Holy donkeys'-riding-a-horse, its p3psi with a killer Gai avy. You have been away for a while! So you finally broke free from that institution they locked you in? I knew no one can lock you up for long. Anyway, nothing special happens in the last 10 episodes or so counting back from episode 106. Infact, feel free to skip those episodes because they will only ruin your animated-Naruto experience. One more incentive for not watching those episodes is Kakshi reveals his face to a certain audience.

Btw, I have to admit those are some great ideas for future Naruto story telling. Hope the animators will consider taking some ot those suggestions for their next filler matterial (non manga type).
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 03:22   Link #148
AnimeFangirl

I just noticed: Neji has all around vision even without activating the Byakugan? Since when? I'm talking about around the 35 min mark when they notice the seals. Has this been mentioned already? I didn't check
Old 2004-11-30, 03:30   Link #149
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
I just noticed: Neji has all around vision even without activating the Byakugan? Since when? I'm talking about around the 35 min mark when they notice the seals. Has this been mentioned already? I didn't check
Well the seals were right in front of them...So it had little to do with looking around 359 degrees. Besides Neji must have a natural insight even without the Byakugan.

long story short, I can think of worser inconsistities to worry about.
Old 2004-11-30, 03:51   Link #150
Yujinbito

I just want to add that the first half of this episode was fantastic.. which has already been said, I know, but more specifically the use of sound in the episode! The sounds of insects and birds in the morning as Sakura wakes up and realizes that she's failed (just like taking a 1 hour nap in the middle of an all nighter and waking up 6 hours later when the sun is up already and breakfast is over). It really heightens the scene. Also, using the old music in new and wonderfully appropriate ways. Like the thing that's normally out of place in fights became comedic when used against Naruto and Shikamaru rounding up the other genin. And then the theme, can't remember which one it is, when they're standing at the gates, a team, ready to leave. There are more examples as well. Really wonderful, especially as preparation for (what appears to be) a new soundtrack for the upcoming arc.

I also have to say that, at this point, the anime is (for me) much more effective than the manga. I am oddly detached from the events in the manga, and the upcoming arc seemed like it had no story content at all. It was cool but it felt like it was just fight -> fight -> fight, etc. But this episode has shown me that there IS content, I just didn't notice it in the manga. You really get the feeling that there is a huge rift, a fracture, a wound, growing in the community with Sasuke's departure. For that matter, you actually get the feeling that there IS a community. Seeing this episode makes what happens later in the manga more meaningful to me than it was in the manga. O_o

Also, something that I never noticed in the manga that became apparent in the anime is that the Cursed Seal makes its users weak. They have no stamina, which means that the Cursed Seal is ineffective as a means to power. Even though this was shown in the manga, it was not done so effectively enough that it registered. Suddenly everything makes much more sense to me. Maybe things go too fast in the manga. It's hard to get a sense of something that complex from one panel. Or perhaps I just don't read closely enough.
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 05:30   Link #151
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Well the seals were right in front of them...So it had little to do with looking around 359 degrees. Besides Neji must have a natural insight even without the Byakugan.

long story short, I can think of worser inconsistities to worry about.
Well I wasn't exactly worrying about them. It's just that he was able to detect all 4 seals and that they were placed in a barrier formation, all without activating the Byakugan. I always thought his eyes functioned like normal eyes until he activated them (veins thingy) but now it seems that is not the case. I just found that interesting, that's all.
Old 2004-11-30, 12:14   Link #152
HopelessLover

2 things bothered me with this episode.

First, why did shikamaru think to him self "why this guy?" to naruto when he was asking him to join up to find sasuke; he should know that naruto has alot of power that would be very valuable to the mission becuase he beat both neji and kiba.

Second, shikamaru is a genious; I HIGHLY doubt that he didn't he notice that the four ppl guiding sasuke had already spotted him and kiba. -.-
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 12:46   Link #153
CyberPunk

i'm not sure that they spotted them, but they knew the general direction they were in from the motion detecting spiderwebs kidoumaru had laid down.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 14:58   Link #154
sinistral
SOS団

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover

First, why did shikamaru think to him self "why this guy?" to naruto when he was asking him to join up to find sasuke; he should know that naruto has alot of power that would be very valuable to the mission becuase he beat both neji and kiba.

Second, shikamaru is a genious; I HIGHLY doubt that he didn't he notice that the four ppl guiding sasuke had already spotted him and kiba. -.-
For your first question, Shikamaru still thinks Naruto is still the same old dumb and troublesome guy. There are also great Genins in Konoha but didn't really understand Tsunade's recommendation of Naruto. Maybe Shikamaru still resent the past of Naruto PUSHING Shikamaru down during the Chunnin exam against Temari
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 15:08   Link #155
Bakafool
The Green Beast of Konoha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover

yup he's a genius alright, but he's also inexperienced.
Bakafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 20:41   Link #156
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral
For your first question, Shikamaru still thinks Naruto is still the same old dumb and troublesome guy. There are also great Genins in Konoha but didn't really understand Tsunade's recommendation of Naruto. Maybe Shikamaru still resent the past of Naruto PUSHING Shikamaru down during the Chunnin exam against Temari
Shikamaru is right in saying what he did. Naruto is aside from the enemy the most danger to the team. He can't be like his usually his or he would get the team in deep shit.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 13:18   Link #157
raspberihevn

Send a message via AIM to raspberihevn
I wasn't paying attention when I read the manga about this story... but now that I think about it ...
Isn't the plot of Sasuke turning level 2 sound like the curse of a vampire?

Say that if Sasuke rejects the *blood* then he dies.
If his body takes it then he is reborn.
And the barrel is his coffin o_O
raspberihevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 13:44   Link #158
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Shikamaru is right in saying what he did. Naruto is aside from the enemy the most danger to the team. He can't be like his usually his or he would get the team in deep shit.
I agree, Naruto's sense of tactics limits itself to, shout out loud and see what happens. Naruto himself may be rather strong but his team isn't, he is indeed a big danger to the team. Jdging from the preview, this is exactly what'll happen ...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 12:28   Link #159
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
I wouldnt pick naruto to go on stealth missions of anythin like that, he'll jus burst out loud what he's thinking
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote