Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 23:33   Link #761
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I cant wait for the subs
Old 2011-11-05, 00:26   Link #762
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've updated my characters/seiyuus page with several new characters who have shown up on the official site's character page. Most of them appear in ep4. See link in my sig.

This is one of those shows with a large and growing cast. I will try to keep up, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 01:05   Link #763
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiroshi5 View Post
Since you ask, I did see most of the first series 8 years ago, but it was on an Italian satellite channel IIRC and my Italian isn't very good, so I struggled to understand what was going on in places. Anyway, how much am I supposed to remember after 8 years and having seen hundreds of other anime in the interim?

On that tack, given the likely age of the current target audience for the new show, you can subtract 8 from that, and draw your own conclusions about how old they were when the original Last Exile was running.
I am aware that some of you may have recently consumed the original series on DVD, and read around it, but you really shouldn't expect the average viewer to do a research project just so that s/he can understand episodes of yet another anime show.
But this isn't another anime series it is a sequel with returning characters and I do believe people understand what era or using the genre/sub genre steam punk it is suppose to envision. While I do believe all opinions are valid but at the same time you criticized the series for not having things it is not meant to have so I left it alone and thought well maybe it isn't for you. It is mainly the older viewers in most cases doing the complaining ^^,

I've been watching anime for a very long time and last exile was for me ages ago that I can't remember. I do see many people or old fans here not having much issue with the current technology, use in the series. Why does it actually bother you if you’ve seen the first series? Care to point something out comparatively between both season or are you just unsatisfied with last Exile not been a interpretation of WWII?

in the end you have a right to not like what is presented.. but it is a sequel and I firmly believe everything is right with regards to technology anyway.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 01:06   Link #764
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've updated my characters/seiyuus page with several new characters who have shown up on the official site's character page. Most of them appear in ep4. See link in my sig.

This is one of those shows with a large and growing cast. I will try to keep up, lol.
Cool. Yeah lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Anyway, what are the chances Funimation might hire Bang Zoom to do the dubbing with the original cast of Last Exile?
Would be awesome if they could bring a few of them in, I loved the dub cast. I'll join you in wishful thinking or at least hoping they can at least get some of them back.

Hopefully it does well enough and Funi perceives enough internet buzz that they will consider the extra expense of bringing in some of the original VAs. Claus' for example if he were to return I think is one they could actually get as they've worked with Bosch a few times now and recently. The good thing is that the others are at least theoretically possible as they all are still highly active even after so many years since the first show so at least there's a small chance at least a few of them would at least be possible if Funi thinks the BD/DVDs will sell enough. Wahlgren's ofcourse still very active and just did Durarara and I'd hope they'd get Michelle Ruff back as her two characters are set to play pretty big roles considering they are both in the OP as well as Dio's since Joshua Seth would be hard replace as his Dio was awesome.

I guess realistically it'll be a compromise with a few back if they can come to an agreement with some of the old VAs. I'm also happy knowing in advance that the show will indeed be getting one since Funi's got it and I've liked most of their dubs. I expect I'll be watching this show several times heh.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 02:51   Link #765
Friday
Im shy too...

At 17:24

nice to hear the "Silvana music" again

I knew they get caught
Silvius is also a sub!!!!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 06:10   Link #766
Mercurius.H
King of Hg

Spoiler for Ep4:

I have discovered a truly remarkable signature which this margin is too small to contain.
Mercurius.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 07:32   Link #767
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 4 is 1 part fanwank, 1 part awesome flying, 1 part character development.

Spoiler for Spoilers?:

Blog post later.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 07:55   Link #768
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Spoiler for Quick Comments about Ep4:

More details when possible.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 08:26   Link #769
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally saw the Animax simulcast
Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2011-11-05, 09:42   Link #770
rulfo

Spoiler for episode 4:

In any case, a very nice episode. Loved how some of the casts of old series are coming together with this one.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 10:19   Link #771
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

New Ship On The Block.

“I do it because you’re my friend.”

It’s a very cliche and thus very common answer. Most of the leads of these types of stories declare their selflessness and altruism through a declaration of friendship. Fam doesn’t actually say it out loud but implies she does it because she wants to do it for Millia. However if there’s anything I’ve learned watching anime all these years, pure unadulterated selflessness is rare, and I find it more plausible to think that Fam’s intentions on doing what is deemed to be impossible does not simply hang on her just wanting to do it for the princess. I’d think that Fam has her own intentions too, something deep and possibly connected to her past. She was too young to remember what had happened to her parents but the idea that it might be connected isn’t implausible.

Revenge or something similarly sinister? I don’t think so. She doesn’t seem to be the type of character to hold such a grudge even if she does know that Ades was responsible for their deaths. Still I think that there is a bigger, deeper reason for acting the way she does. It doesn’t diminish her selfless intentions Millia, but in the end gives her a more personal stake in the war at hand. Whatever this, if such a reason exists, is known only to her at this point. If one does exist, I expect to see it eventually and perhaps as one big climactic revelation.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 12:16   Link #772
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So just got to see episode 03. We finally get to meet the real leader of the Ades Federation and of course it's a cute little loli empress with all the naivety you'd expect from such a leader. Why a country that calls itself a Federation would have a child empress as a leader and not an elected president is beyond me, but I guess Luscinia being a Prime Minister hinted at the likelihood of a monarchy already. In any case she seems like the perfect figurehead of the kind who Luscinia could take advantage of for her kindness. They're not wiping Turan of the planet after all, they're merely giving the land back to it's previous owners. I can see Augusta getting shuffled to the war front at some point, hooking up with Fam and co. and seeing all the stuff that's going on and going back to confront Luscinia with it at some point, but that's probably a story arc for a little bit further down the line.

As for the second half of the episode...arguably even better. We get to learn a LOT more about what the whole deal with the sky pirates is, from Fam's adoption into Giselle's family (and her dad's awesomeness) to Millia's realization at the sight of the Turanian capital ship getting chopped up that her life as she knew it was over, but that she has someone in Fam who understands what she's going through and sincerely regrets not being able to save Millia's sister and country. Giselle is coming along a little slowly too in forming her bond with Teddy who also lives mostly in someone else's shadow. I wonder if them being separated from their initial pairings for a bit will help them to further grow as characters.

The funeral scene at the end was really well done as well as was the music used during it and even throughout the episode. They really don't do a lot of shows with a feel like this anymore so I'm really enjoying the atmosphere of this right now like nobody can believe. It's again just always so refreshing whenever I get to see a well realized foreign setting (no schools or Tokyo prefectures in sight) with interesting characters, interesting factions and goals for those factions, and a sort of sincerity to it all that isn't jeopardized by any sort of oversight or weak writing. Hope this keeps up cause this episode approached 10/10 caliber and with a classic race arc and a heist coming up I expect things to only get more interesting from here.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 16:04   Link #773
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Spoiler for Quick Comments about Ep4:

More details when possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Finally saw the Animax simulcast
Spoiler for ep4:
Awesome write up of it

Yeah it was really fun seeing them again and I had the same smile on my face reaction at the surprise of the Silvius, also Dio's actions throughout the ep and sneaking things into his dialogue,
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
At 17:24

nice to hear the "Silvana music" again

I knew they get caught
Silvius is also a sub!!!!
Yeah, so great on both parts.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Episode 4 is 1 part fanwank, 1 part awesome flying, 1 part character development.

Spoiler for Spoilers?:

Blog post later.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The funeral scene at the end was really well done as well as was the music used during it and even throughout the episode. They really don't do a lot of shows with a feel like this anymore so I'm really enjoying the atmosphere of this right now like nobody can believe. It's again just always so refreshing whenever I get to see a well realized foreign setting (no schools or Tokyo prefectures in sight) with interesting characters, interesting factions and goals for those factions, and a sort of sincerity to it all that isn't jeopardized by any sort of oversight or weak writing. Hope this keeps up cause this episode approached 10/10 caliber and with a classic race arc and a heist coming up I expect things to only get more interesting from here.
Totally agree with this.
Also, this was one of the reasons why I was so excited for this show to air.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-11-05 at 17:39.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:18   Link #774
Xion Valkyrie

^ Lol, reminds me of gone in 60 seconds.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 20:51   Link #775
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm behind the episodes, so please do not ask at which episode I'm right now.

On-Topic

The conversations were the highlight for episode three's, because I truly enjoyed learning about both Giselle and Fam's ordinary lives besides being Sky Pirates, but to me the most memorable was the talk about the Grand Race.

This shows not only conveys a good mix of adventure with relationships, as well as an arena of tense politics, but throws into the mix events speak beautifully about people's desire to unite for a common get together at happiness.

The Grand Race, just like the Olympics in our world, became an important event of gathering and meetings. People coming from all over the world to watch the spectacles together and harvesting good relationships. But the war ended such a short-lived dream.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 22:25   Link #776
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

I'm behind the episodes, so please do not ask at which episode I'm right now.

On-Topic

The conversations were the highlight for episode three's, because I truly enjoyed learning about both Giselle and Fam's ordinary lives besides being Sky Pirates, but to me the most memorable was the talk about the Grand Race.

This shows not only conveys a good mix of adventure with relationships, as well as an arena of tense politics, but throws into the mix events speak beautifully about people's desire to unite for a common get together at happiness.

The Grand Race, just like the Olympics in our world, became an important event of gathering and meetings. People coming from all over the world to watch the spectacles together and harvesting good relationships. But the war ended such a short-lived dream.
Yeah, I loved all the character and world details they portrayed in this ep, and how it made the setting and characters/people/factions/sky pirate customs come alive.
Old 2011-11-07, 02:41   Link #777
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ep4 is taking a rather long time to get subbed
Old 2011-11-07, 07:23   Link #778
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
ep4 is taking a rather long time to get subbed

Looks like we will have to wait for Funimation's release.

edit:

Funimation have episode 4 up.

Last edited by azarhal; 2011-11-07 at 13:18.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 15:03   Link #779
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Gisey is awesome at recreating the ship with just that blurry photo. Lol Millia and Fam shared the bed. Yay we meet Tatiana and Alis again! That red vanship was great to see again. Like how Dio got mad and remembered that it was Lusiola's seat. Thought it was strange that Tatiana didn't say anything to Dio while in the air. So instead of capturing the Silvius Fam got captured instead. That's a lofty goal she has to get.
Old 2011-11-07, 17:18   Link #780
azarhal

Much better with subtitles and funnier.

Spoiler for ep4 quotes:

Now, I just want Fam and friends to learn that Dio knows Tatiana.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction