AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 07:54   Link #441
ookamigirl

The beginning was pretty interesting.
Shinjurou working at a movie set as cameraman? Hmm..
The whole thing was pretty much suspicious.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 20:53   Link #442
amasposu

Just watched episode 7. What a crazy plot twist it is to turn Shinjuurou into a criminal.

I see that Kazamori tried to help him. =(

I wonder if showing Hayami Seigen in the last frame is a red herring. This series has too many red herrings! o_o
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 19:41   Link #443
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Watching it besides Fate/Zero since I got nothing to do.

Also enjoyed Amuro speaking for one episode...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 13:57   Link #444
miketyson

Episode 8: once again not what was expected. Whereas ep7 had my head spinning after it wrapped up this just has me glad it's over and looking forward to ep9.

Spoiler for Ep8:
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 16:05   Link #445
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I like this eps more than the previous eps, less confusing and less jumpy... and the pacing actually good. Nice eps.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:24   Link #446
Sides

Kazamori's hack attack reminded me of old sci-fi movies/games/book, where they try to visualise hacking a system or network.
Episode itself basically closed last week's case, but also unveiling what Kazamori and Inga were doing to find Shinjurou, who went missing or
Spoiler:

Next weeks episode looks interesting
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:41   Link #447
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol at the long line while SHinjurou was away. Like how Kazamori was able to wake him up. Mystery was solved nicely. Glad we got to see Inga in action again. So Bettenou is the name of the girl that helped the Novelist. So she had ties to a cult in the past and Inga knows her. WTF Kaishou took her?
Old 2011-12-01, 17:54   Link #448
Zavie

I think the story is finally moving into a bigger setting, while still focusing on the whole war and post-war state.

Thumb up for the unexpected twist when everything is just the Novelist's reality making. That kinda took me surprised, and the whole changing from novel's reality to reality is very nice to watch as well. I like how the scenery kept changing from the film studio to the prison.

However, I think the detective side of this episode was kinda weak. How Shinjurou solved the problem and the truth behind the scene were quite flat, we don't get to see anymore depth as setting or character in this episode. Well, at least it seem they are getting into this in the next episode.

Overall, I enjoy this episode a lot for time-killing. But as a whole, compare to some other very strong episode of other animes this week. I hope that Bones will get better next time...
Zavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 01:05   Link #449
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Okay.... so Kaishou didn't leave the mischievous god be after the movie....
Inga vs. Bettenou next week, hopefully this shows won't trail away in the wrong direction.
Though, I am surprised that the Novelist is only a short term villain.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 04:12   Link #450
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Looks like the invisi-wall was intentional after all. I just thought that might have been a mistake. That was a great episode. I especially liked how they made that other detective (who's name I can never remember) more a part of this mystery solving as well. It seems like he might gradually become more and more important. Also Rei is just awesome.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 08:41   Link #451
Mercurius.H
King of Hg

OMG I mean these two episodes are awesome! Every forshadowing in ep7 was integrated and developed in ep8. As always, detective part of this episode was a bit flat, but it provided an great example of philosophical and symbolic subtext.

I have discovered a truly remarkable signature which this margin is too small to contain.
Mercurius.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 09:22   Link #452
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Like others, I was a bit disappointed with how they wrapped up the mystery. It did feel flat. The rest of the episode was excellent though.

Next week, Kaishou's crime... this will not doubt be interesting. I hope that crime doesn't refer to the fact he hid and confined (?) Bettenou. I want something more juicy.
Old 2011-12-02, 10:37   Link #453
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ahhh ok, I see, the steel cages that are used to seperate the guy and girl inmates were what he was leaning on when next to those girls inmates/actors. Thats pretty cool.

I always love it when that guitar music starts to play, it just lets you know "Prepare to have everything revealed and to be impressed by the main character" kind of message

Another good episode, I really had no idea who the killer was so it was quite exciting to learn who did it.
Old 2011-12-02, 18:53   Link #454
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

A day late getting to see this one...

This was interesting and fun in a lot of ways, yet simultaneously disturbing. Highlights included the funny bit with the massive line of people pleading for Shinjurou's attention (and how most of their concerns had nothing to do with being a detective), Kazamori's Net dive (I'm obviously showing my age when I note that such scenes give me a feeling of nostalgia), and Rie and Koyama's antics.

Spoiler for Ep. 8:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 21:13   Link #455
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

By exposing retroactively the chain of events disclosed in this episode, then it makes the previous one holding sense.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 22:31   Link #456
crazypeter

Yeah, I agree that the detective part might be flat but I do think the meat of the story doesn't focus on the detective's reasoning.

I really love the ED and whenever the ED cuts in, I feel that is really 'good in the last drop'!
crazypeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 04:42   Link #457
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I do wish to ask if the excerpt shown in the OP is from the novel or something done for the show.

Also am not sure how to translate everything as I'm not sure what the 60 years is referring to...

Spoiler for Photo:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 06:03   Link #458
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

It basically just says this is a work of fiction based of Ango's novels, and that none of the people appearing in it are based off anyone in reality.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 08:55   Link #459
ookamigirl

Shinjurou in serious trouble.
So many illusions...
It was just sad watching their illusions.
This case was pretty intriguing!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 23:25   Link #460
Battler-kun

The main problem with this anime is that it has only 11 episodes to fill in all the stuff.

And it's trying to put too much stuff into too little space.
For me, it's pretentious this way. Trying to pretend something it is not.

The conclusion is always blatant. Somehow it is not the main character who is solving the case, the case is rather solving itself.
The main character is just a medium of delivering the speech.
There seems little connection to how he is involved in the process of solving things.

To make it short.
It's bad writing, definitely.
But the question is whether it is predestined with only 11 episodes to fill in everything.
On the other hand the show is yet episodically structured.

Pretentious is the only word that springs into my mind.

There is hope though that the last episode is gonna smooth things out by unravelling the mysteries.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aikawa, bones, mizushima, noitamina