AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-08, 08:04   Link #1
Lost World
Banned

Did anyone else like the bull episode...

...or was I the only one?

I thought it was hilarious how the bull kept zooming at the screen and then roaring. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time watching Naruto...and when all the kage Bunshins made the situation worse.

I can understand if you only watch the episodes for the fights...(Well, I can't understand why anyone would only watch a show for the fights, but I digress)...but as far as Naruto comedy, that was pretty good.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 08:21   Link #2
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Naruto running and being late was very funny! Problem is the bull scene wasn't in the original manga and that bugs me very much. naruto is great because of the great Creator Naruto god makes it so.

Naruto looks "DUMB" and not very well thought out when you do this: Add Fillers like the bull scene. Problem: Naruto is about to be in a huge fight. So he looks stupid when he is using up TONS of chakra power by replicating himself to avoid the bulls. Also, what country has UNTIED bulls just sleeping around the village. One bull would of been funny (like the royal bull that he started out with) But a ton is like stupid. My mom's friend was killed by a bull on a farm, and they are not to be messed with. I know animation should not always be serious, but it makes the series silly beyond what is necessary (thus stupid-then I get bored and stop watching) .

Naruto is great when they just plain animate the way the Great naruto creator designed it to be!

Hey, I was totally amused by the episode Naruto stayed on the huge frog! (guess that wasn't in manga either, but it wasn't overly stupid in my mind, but then that's me ) Funny is great, but it should follow some what with the idea that it would be possible (following the rules the naruto creator thought of).

I don't think anyone just watches for the fights, it might be someone's MAIN reason, but not the only.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 09:15   Link #3
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
the reason we watch Naruto is for the storyline, the main plot (about sasuke's revenge, about orochimaru, about naruto's kyubi)

no time for things that not included in manga

ok you can try Naruto-Fummoffu maybe after the finale of naruto

although it really makes me laugh, but when the episode ends before the fight get started, i kind of mad....... "wasted my time and hardisk space! %#@^#$@"
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 09:23   Link #4
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
No, it was one of the worst episodes, IMO. Lots and lots of stupid fillers.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 09:54   Link #5
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't care of the fillers if they're funny, but the bull episode was just boring and stupid.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 10:13   Link #6
Blue Siren
Yuki is MINE!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Siren
they coud have used all that time they wasted with those idiotic fillers and dedicate more time to the fights. Granted they do follow the manga pretty well, especially Neji/Naruto, but IMO if they must have fillers... have them in something that matters.

Or they could have just follow the manga to the T and we would already have the fight we're all waiting for.
Blue Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 11:19   Link #7
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Siren
they coud have used all that time they wasted with those idiotic fillers and dedicate more time to the fights. Granted they do follow the manga pretty well, especially Neji/Naruto, but IMO if they must have fillers... have them in something that matters.

Or they could have just follow the manga to the T and we would already have the fight we're all waiting for.
You people do realize that if they catch up to the manga they will have to start making fillers anyway, right?

Anime will always have filler if it's based on Shonen Jump manga that are still running...that's fact. Would you rather we catch up to the manga and then they make 40 episodes straight of some inane made-up story arc? Or would you rather we get a bull episode every now and then?

I don't think some of you are able to understand this...
Old 2004-01-08, 12:01   Link #8
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
You people do realize that if they catch up to the manga they will have to start making fillers anyway, right?

Anime will always have filler if it's based on Shonen Jump manga that are still running...that's fact. Would you rather we catch up to the manga and then they make 40 episodes straight of some inane made-up story arc? Or would you rather we get a bull episode every now and then?

I don't think some of you are able to understand this...
Correct.

Sasuke Uchiha, you have control of the board.

Anyway, I thought the bull episode was stupid...didn't think it added to the anime. Kind of a lame joke that missed. I realize that we need some filler (Didn't think they needed to start up the filler THIS early though...they do both come out once a week for the most part.) I just wish it was more entertaining...and they should probably avoid putting it in between episodes people are really waiting for.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 12:37   Link #9
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
solution to fillers?

force Masashi Kishimoto's twin brother Seishi Kishimoto to help him draw 38 pages a week instead of 19, their drawing styles are damn near identicle, and it would put us at a 1:1 ratio, one manga chapter = one episode, it would never catch up, and for those who are interested, u can read Seishi's manga, 666Satan by getting it at Toriyama's World @ www.toriyamaworld.com
Old 2004-01-08, 13:07   Link #10
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Uh... the manga is 90 chapters ahead of the anime.
Since the anime is going 2 chapters per episode (sometimes 1 only chapter per episode), in about 45 chapters Naruto anime will catch up with the currently manga chapter (200). I used full numbers to make it easier to understand.
And in 45 weeks of episodes, there'll be 45 new chapters of the manga- which'll be about other 23 episodes of the anime.
In 23 weeks, there'll be 23 new chapters- about 12 episodes to go.
12 episodes, 12 new chapters. 6 more episodes to go.
6 episodes, 6 new chapters. 3 episodes!
3 weeks, 3 new chapters. More 1 or 2 episodes, and Naruto catches up with the manga!

So, if the manga is released every week this year (which's hard, I believe); Naruto will just catch up with the manga in about 90 episodes (if they keep up with the "2 chapters per episode" rythim). Which gives us about 2 entire years of Naruto without any fillers (since in a year about 47 episodes air in Japan, one per week- you just don't count New Year's week, since almost no anime airs during it- Naruto included).

We don't have to worry about fillers for a long time. Naruto manga may end before the anime catch up (even though I don't think so). Even so, every now and when we'll be seeing filler episodes. I just wanted to prove that fillers aren't necessary by now.

And Dragon-san, I liked your solution lol
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 13:30   Link #11
ShikaShika
無罪

I don't think any of the fillers have been really bad, in fact the Gama Bunta filler actually worked better than the manga IMHO. But for fillers like the bulls (half of episode 59) there's two ways for me to see it.

First is, if I'm watching it the week it gets out and I'm expecting things to happen, sure I'll be dissapointed when all I get is a stupid bullchase (though I enjoyed it a little).

The other way for me to see it, is when I'm sitting down watching many episodes in a row. Then these sort of filler episodes just blend in with the rest, and it doesn't bug me at all.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 13:59   Link #12
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
You people do realize that if they catch up to the manga they will have to start making fillers anyway, right?I don't think some of you are able to understand this...
You are correct! I don't understand this, and never will, for the reasons vicious and others have stated LIKE A MILLION TIMES in this forum

I agree if one is watching several eps in a row fillers are not that bad, However, when we (fans) are getting our Naruto IV "fix" drip, and most of it is the "poison" of FILLERS, too much means I'll die of too much poison! Please I'm weak it's been two weeks.....*hanging on by a thread* *noticed I made a joke-too ill to care* they must hate me to kill me slowly like this
Old 2004-01-08, 15:23   Link #13
Maxter
Boku wa Great desu! Ehehe

Bull episode could have been funny as hell, and it started of to be. But with all the kage bunshins and all those bulls, it felt lika they just overmade it, and in the end I was just bored and kinda annoyed.

Too bad, could have been one of the best (and only) fillers that you actually could manage to look at without gasping. Oh well, nothing gets better by complaining this long afterwards.
It could have been funny, it wasn't, and now it's over and I've never even thought about it untill now. Nothing more of a deal than that.
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 15:43   Link #14
A Lamer
あほぉ&

I dont understand how people can be so testy about it, maybe its because you people have all read the manga in its entirety, and as such are a bit too antsy? I have only been watching the series, fillers such as the bull segment dont really effect me, and for the most part they're funny. The bull segment was definatly one of the more hilarious scenes I've seen.

Not knowing whats coming next = not desperate to see it specifically = ability to actually -enjoy- the damn series.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 15:55   Link #15
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Not at all, when the filler effects the actual canonical story line (Naruto must have blown a hell of a lot of chakra creating those 30 odd clones - on his way to fighting a very important fight) it makes a big difference.

Its just annoying. It would have been easy to create some filler content that didnt have a knock on effect with the current plot line, but the animation studio (or whoever decides these things) simply put no thought into it.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 16:01   Link #16
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
Not knowing whats coming next = not desperate to see it specifically = ability to actually -enjoy- the damn series.
It is hard for me to enjoy something when I know it is not what the creator designed. What if someone made the Mona Lisa have a larger smile and a colorful dress on? Would that make it more enjoyable? Not, if that wasn't what the artist was trying to convey! I don't have a creative bone in my body, so I'm amazed at talent like this, and I would like to enjoy it without it going thru a panel of people going, "take that out, put this in, shorten this, make this look stupid, need more that" WHY not just leave it the way it is and let people enjoy it the way it was created to be. Then we wouldn't have any filler theads to bitch about then!
Old 2004-01-08, 17:39   Link #17
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
the bull episode was heinous, i dont know how anyone could have found it funny.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 18:34   Link #18
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
I definately think that's it. All the manga readers hate the bull episode, while those who don't read the manga find it ranges from ok to hilarious.

Man, if reading the manga makes you that negative I don't think I'll ever read it.
Old 2004-01-12, 13:57   Link #19
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I don't enjoy stupidity. I enjoy truth. When I hear a great story, I tell it the way I heard it and don't change it. I think changing stories to suit ones own needs is selfish and that is kinda rude.

NARUTO would not be able to fight in a competition by stupidly using up mass amounts of chakra seconds before a fight is to start. That is why it is NOT enjoyable. Just because he has the Kyuubi who contains mass amounts of chakra doesn't justify Naruto being careless. Even for Naruto that would be just way to stupid.

Naruto: I'm late so I will use up all my chakra to get to the my fight on time.
Truth: If he did this even Naruto knows he would lose. After all it really didn't occur to Naruto to use the Kyuubi's ckakra until he was completely used up and remembered feeling this depleted except the time he was training and summoned the frog with Kyuubi's help.

But that is just my opinion and thoughts on it so Do NOT take my thoughts and try to apply them to anyone else that enjoys Naruto. That's not polite.

If they find a way to make fillers not appear stupid, then they wouldn't be that bad.
Old 2004-01-12, 15:03   Link #20
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
It is hard for me to enjoy something when I know it is not what the creator designed. What if someone made the Mona Lisa have a larger smile and a colorful dress on? Would that make it more enjoyable? Not, if that wasn't what the artist was trying to convey
And yet, if you didnt know what the artist was trying to convey and had -never- seen the current mona lisa, you probably would have liked it as well. Even if you didnt, that wouldnt change the fact.

They dont have to follow the manga to the crimson letter. Infact usually when they dont it generates funnier incidents (namely how naruto didnt instantly convince Jyraiya to train him at the hot springs. They added much more, and made it more appealing IMO.)

Arguing that it is stupid that he wasted chakrea during the bull segment is equally stupid. Naruto has proven time and time again that he has the energy and stamina to fight until he wins, wasting.. what.. 20% of his regular stamina/chakra isnt that much when he has a thousand times more locked away inside of him, and at that point during the series he knew how to actually control it.

I just dont see why you people are so angsty about it, other than you all reading the entire manga, and assuming that these episodes which are far behind should follow every single panel, and not vary from them in any way.

[/barely coherent rant]
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote