AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2007-07-29, 22:52   Link #441
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
It's called sarcasm He means that the people who're in the wrong are the ones stupid enough to post their personal information on the internets.
Humm... now that is interesting. I actually thought Razer was being honest and serious too, there for that moment I read his post..

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 00:22   Link #442
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Just to be on the safe side, it is the Fox News, which is miles apart from the other news channel (by being the channel that solely aims to make you dumber), regardless of how low the others can get (i.e., Nancy Grace, and her "let's strangle him till he is on the verge of death and if he miraculously succeeds to survive, only then, prosecute him" attitude).
I can vouch for that.
Although CNN, MSNBC and ABC does have many flaws, they still maintain a somewhat coherent journalism and estabilished news coverage.
FOX is on a totally diffrent level of stupidity.

To lump them all together as "american news" is somewhat unfair.
Old 2007-07-30, 02:17   Link #443
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hah~ mistake mistake
I take that back then.

Although personally I don't like news that much, regardless of who it is.
Old 2007-07-30, 02:18   Link #444
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I can vouch for that.
Although CNN, MSNBC and ABC does have many flaws, they still maintain a somewhat coherent journalism and estabilished news coverage.
FOX is on a totally diffrent level of stupidity.

To lump them all together as "american news" is somewhat unfair.
Fox gets to get away with things, like television shows.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-08-01, 22:15   Link #445
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Surprisingly enough (well, maybe not so much), there has been a response to Fox News from the so-called "Anonymous".

Which I obviously believe is the work of some random guy with too much time on his hands

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 14:54   Link #446
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

seven legs sheep
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 16:06   Link #447
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
....NO. WAY. There's no way that that poor creature can walk.
Old 2007-08-02, 22:08   Link #448
kamij0

Singapore cant download any more animations.. people are catching them for what they do

here . here's the snippet.....

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfr...137645,00.html

Last edited by kamij0; 2007-08-02 at 22:32.
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 00:50   Link #449
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ .....eh....in a way, that's "old news" we've already discussed here: Thats it - no more fansudz for us.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 20:34   Link #450
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Study: Food in McDonald's wrapper tastes better to kids

A study showed that kids prefer food in McDonalds packaging over identical food without it. As yet another generation of kids is brainwashed to be good little consumers...

Thai officials hope Hello Kitty can shame errant cops

It seems a new program in thailand will make any cops that do things like littering, or park illegally will have to wear hello kitty armbands around the station.
Old 2007-08-07, 02:38   Link #451
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Study: Food in McDonald's wrapper tastes better to kids

A study showed that kids prefer food in McDonalds packaging over identical food without it. As yet another generation of kids is brainwashed to be good little consumers...

Thai officials hope Hello Kitty can shame errant cops

It seems a new program in thailand will make any cops that do things like littering, or park illegally will have to wear hello kitty armbands around the station.
1. I don't really care if my burger came on a plate or wrapped. I rather eat a whopper in Macdonald instead ^_^.

2. Hahaha, Hello Kitty shall empower u to do good.

Old 2007-08-09, 00:09   Link #452
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

http://www.yahoo.com/s/647397 - Jelly fish roaming San Diego. It just so happen that i jsut watched a TV show about the mass population growth of Jelly Fish in recent years due to unknown reason, mostly warm water ^_^. Though I would really like a discussion on this, this isn't the correct thread for it and I don't really want to create a thread on it either way.

Old 2007-08-13, 04:36   Link #453
Reinhard

No Australians, Please

We won't put up with your Sydney-speak, says the TSA:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/fair-din...6530594123.html

Fair dinkum! Aussie lingo sparks security scare
By Jano Gibson
August 10, 2007 - 3:10PM

Strewth. Crikey. Bloody hell. An Australian woman has reportedly sparked a security scare aboard a US flight after her use of a common Australian phrase was apparently misinterpreted as an act of aggression.

Sophie Reynolds, 41, from Queanbeyan, was flying aboard SkyWest Airlines from Atlanta to Pittsburgh this week when she asked a flight attendant if she could have a pack of pretzels instead of crackers.

"[The flight attendant] said they didn't have any [pretzels], and I said, 'Fair dinkum,' out of frustration," Reynolds was quoted as saying in the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Before she knew it a second flight attendant asked her for her passport and copied down her name.

Then, when the flight landed, three uniformed officers greeted her.

"They said, 'You swore at the hostess and there are federal rules against that,"' Reynolds said. "And I said, 'I did not swear at the hostess, I just said 'fair dinkum."'

A spokeswoman for the airline said it was not simply a matter of misunderstanding the language.

"We witnessed aggressive behaviour throughout the flight," she said.

Reynolds was not charged and allowed to go on her way, she said.

Crikey! I'd be fair dinkum upset over that!
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 04:48   Link #454
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What does "fair dinkum" mean anyway?
Old 2007-08-13, 18:26   Link #455
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

How Bronze Age man enjoyed his pint

Quote:
BBC News (11 Aug, 2007): Bronze Age Irishmen were as fond of their beer as their 21st century counterparts, it has been claimed.

Two archaeologists have put forward a theory that one of the most common ancient monuments seen around Ireland may have been used for brewing ale. But the archaeologists from Galway believe they could have been the country's earliest breweries.

To prove their theory that an extensive brewing tradition existed in Ireland as far back as 2500BC, Billy Quinn and Declan Moore recreated the process.

After just three hours of hard work - and three days of patiently waiting for their brew to ferment - the men enjoyed a pint with a taste of history attached. Three hundred litres of water were transformed into a "very palatable" 110 litres of frothy ale.

"It tasted really good," said Mr Quinn, of Moore Archaeological and Environmental Services (Moore Group). "We were very surprised. Even a professional brewer we had working with us compared it favourably to his own. It tasted like a traditional ale, but was sweeter because there were no hops in it."
Methinks some people are enjoying their work a little bit too much.....
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 20:40   Link #456
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I KNEW Irish blood are indeed made of beer.
Vampires avoid the Irish, because it gets them drunk.
Old 2007-08-19, 12:05   Link #457
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
South Carolina Inmate Hits Michael Vick With '$63,000,000,000 Billion Dollar' Lawsuit Alleging Al Qaeda Ties.

Embattled NFL quarterback Michael Vick, facing federal charges related to his alleged participation in dogfighting, has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges the Atlanta Falcons star stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran," FOX News has learned.

Because pit bulls are now worth as much as powerful missiles.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 12:35   Link #458
Skath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Surprisingly enough (well, maybe not so much), there has been a response to Fox News from the so-called "Anonymous".

Which I obviously believe is the work of some random guy with too much time on his hands
Late reply, but "Anonymous" is the Random board on 4chan, otherwise known as /b/. If any of you are from there, I know I'm breaking rules 1 and 2.
Skath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 02:47   Link #459
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Name-It Buger

The 'Name-it burger' is a burger that is being advertised in Australia by McDonalds to be named by the citizens of Australia . I was wondering if such a thing is happening elsewhere. And if you could want would you name the burger.

PS. Xris if you see the thread name it supposed to be 'Name-It Burger' not the 'Name-It Buger'. All right.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 02:54   Link #460
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
The 'Name-it burger' is a burger that is being advertised in Australia by McDonalds to be named by the citizens of Australia . I was wondering if such a thing is happening elsewhere. And if you could want would you name the burger.

PS. Xris if you see the thread name it supposed to be 'Name-It Burger' not the 'Name-It Buger'. All right.
Not so far, where I live in. Unless i'm not watching TV enough. ^_^

Tags
humor