AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 11:58   Link #41
Athena
The Power of One

Actually, SAO never meant to be harem-like. It seems that it's only because there's not much thing to write so the author added some fill-ins.
Old 2011-05-29, 08:05   Link #42
tsunade666

Then the author should just have didn't add it. The web version even had ecchi chapters though it's remove in the released book.

The story revolves in Kirito in VR games. No wonder the real story when Alocization starts. The girls just seem forced for me. It's like playing vn game with force ecchi scenes and it's boring.
Old 2011-05-29, 08:53   Link #43
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Then the author should just have didn't add it. The web version even had ecchi chapters though it's remove in the released book.

The story revolves in Kirito in VR games. No wonder the real story when Alocization starts. The girls just seem forced for me. It's like playing vn game with force ecchi scenes and it's boring.
It seems that you do not like harem and ecchi scenes,right?But let's face it,light novels are mainly for the Japanese market and the reality is that Japanese light novel fans and otaku like harem and ecchi scenes.Right now,light novels with harem element which have some fan service/ecchi scenes dominate the Japanese light novel market.It's a trend among the otakus,so it's understandable that the author wants to add some harem elements in the series itself.However,SAO is actually one of the few harem light novels which has minimal fan service or ecchi scenes.There is only one Chapter 16.5 that contains ecchi or hentai scenes which I think should not be considered as a part of the main story and only for those who like ecchi.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 10:25   Link #44
Zakoo

As far as I know Tsunade, not really, just like beginning a harem where the fight is already lost ( Asuna is the end girl ... Or should I say the girl of the beginning ), it's adding pain for nothing.

Look at how Sugu became when she learnt who was Kirito. I was "argggh". Sometime plain romance is better than going into the harem... Though I must say that because volume 1 was my favorite, the chara development was great and everything.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 10:36   Link #45
tomtkp

News from Dengeki Bunko

SAO Vol.8 will be out on August 10th which will be titled "Early and Late"
Vol.8 will be a collections of 3 side stories,including the year end special side story Calibur,SAO web version side story 5 "A Murder Case in the Area" and original (exclusively in light novel version) side story called "Day of Beginning".
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 11:31   Link #46
Kunagisa

I swear Dengeki's autumn festival's like taunting me (Link).

All the girls on there have an anime but Asuna AND Kuroyukihime.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 14:20   Link #47
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I swear Dengeki's autumn festival's like taunting me (Link).

All the girls on there have an anime but Asuna AND Kuroyukihime.
does anyone know who the girl at the bottom left with silver hair is?
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:24   Link #48
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
does anyone know who the girl at the bottom left with silver hair is?
Which bottom left, the image at the top of the page, or the links at the bottom? I think the one is Fear from C^3, the other is from Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon I think?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 17:05   Link #49
Zakoo

you can't talk about anime here, it's forbidden as long as SAO doesn't have one!!

Same goes for Accel world
Old 2011-08-28, 05:37   Link #50
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ok just read the 1st volume and i loved it ^^ then relised that asuna was still captive in v3-4 so i skiped them cause i couldnt stand reading it if they werent together i read the last bit of v4 and im glad i did skip them i mean that guy was sick he was gonna make her a puppet then go over to the hospital and rape her comatose body........im so gald i skiped
Old 2011-08-29, 02:20   Link #51
Zakoo

It's badass though, since the rest of the story will probably happen in ALO ( I mean V7 + ), you should read it to get the setting.

I didn't want to read it too, but the author is really good, even without the perfect couple, He gave me the will the read.
Old 2011-08-29, 03:27   Link #52
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

na ill leave v3-4 alone, i really liked v2 pity its not finished being translated. I wish they were as fast as index,
GOD they do a whole volume in under a week!!!
Old 2011-10-09, 09:35   Link #53
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i heard kirito and asuna had a duel scene, anyone know what chapter it was?
Old 2011-10-09, 13:47   Link #54
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Don't really like how there are still girls pining for Kirito when Asuna already won him over (so per se as you guys seem to imply, and from what I interpret from novel illustrations), and with still almost zero information about the novels (I admit I'm pretty lazy to skim through the pages) but anime coming out... Can't really ignore this any longer (but I still ain't gonna skim through the pages, hehe).

... I think I remember now. I stopped halfway in the first volume, or so if memory serves.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:36   Link #55
endarion88

i wanted to try read this (what as been translated on B-T) but i read some books are side story or not in cronological order, if i want to read the main story in cronological order which book shoult i read?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:42   Link #56
Xacual

You know there's a timeline on the BT page for the series with everything in order.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 16:38   Link #57
endarion88

sorry didn't see it, thank you
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 09:09   Link #58
tomtkp

SAO 9th volume is slated for Feburary 2012 release. (Source: Ranobe-mori)

The subtitle for Vol.9 is "Alicization.Beginning" (アリシゼーション・ビギニング). This volume will mark the beginning of the Alicization arc.
Old 2011-12-02, 10:40   Link #59
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
SAO 9th volume is slated for Feburary 2012 release. (Source: Ranobe-mori)

The subtitle for Vol.9 is "Alicization.Beginning" (アリシゼーション・ビギニング). This volume will mark the beginning of the Alicization arc.
HOooooaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! !!!!!!!!!!

I'm behind, so behindddddddddddddddd.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 00:40   Link #60
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
HOooooaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! !!!!!!!!!!

I'm behind, so behindddddddddddddddd.
Updated to schedule.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality