AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-24, 10:19   Link #81
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
There's a rumor making the rounds that B Studio in Bones is working on this, directed by Tomoki Kyoda and with character designs by Ayumi Kurashima. Take this with HUGE grains of salt, because there's no confirmation that it's real. Just treat it as a rumor of a leak for now.

Making the same rounds is another rumor that C Studio is working on an adaptation of the manga The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. Takuya Igarashi is rumored to be directing, with character designs by Yoshiyuki Ito.
So what's the difference between the studios A, B, and C?
Old 2009-10-24, 10:39   Link #82
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So what's the difference between the studios A, B, and C?
A Studio is the original studio when Bones was founded. They worked on Hiwou Senki and Angelic Layer as the first projects of the studio. These days they handle the more "original" projects like Ayakashi Ayashi and Chiko.

When they worked on the Cowboy Bebop movie, they formed a new studio, dubbed B Studio. This studio consists of many more ex-Sunrise staff which left to join their ex-colleagues at Bones. The studio then went on to produce the mecha and action titles Bones has been famous for like RahXephon, Eureka Seven, Scrapped Princess, Sword of the Stranger, and so on.

As they continued to expand, Bones needed to form a new studio to work on the original Fullmetal Alchemist TV series. So they created C Studio, which went on to produce the more "popular" mainstream works like Ouran High School, Darker than BLACK and Soul Eater. These are more commercial projects, meant to have franchise appeal.

With all 3 studios tied up with other projects, when Bones was contracted to do a new Fullmetal Alchemist TV series, they had to expand to create yet another new studio - D Studio. This studio is currently working solely on the new FMA series and has no other projects at the moment.

The current projects are:
A Studio - Heroman
B Studio - Halo Legends "Prototype"
C Studio - Darker than BLACK 2
D Studio - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 12:18   Link #83
sirn
田舎者言うな

B Studio is also famous for leaking personnel informations. ;p

Isn't most of B Studio initial staffs already moved to Kinema Citrus?
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 13:04   Link #84
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
There's a rumor making the rounds that B Studio in Bones is working on this, directed by Tomoki Kyoda and with character designs by Ayumi Kurashima. Take this with HUGE grains of salt, because there's no confirmation that it's real. Just treat it as a rumor of a leak for now.

Making the same rounds is another rumor that C Studio is working on an adaptation of the manga The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. Takuya Igarashi is rumored to be directing, with character designs by Yoshiyuki Ito.
I could kiss your feet just for saying something.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 13:20   Link #85
justdreamin

I also heard the rumor that Bones did in fact get Deadman Wonderland, it also been rumored to have a late 2010 release.
justdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 14:44   Link #86
_gallo_

To be honest I hope that both those rumors are fakes, otherwise I fear that they might be two series a la Soul Eater with good directing, great animation but really "weak" in general.

I think I'm in the minority here, but after 3 or 4 chapters of Deadman I couldn't go any further in reading. I found it a very generic shonen with quite good drawings and a girl that resembles CC and stop. Nothing that I'd like to see in animation.
But yeah, if they are indeed confirmed, Kurashima is second best choice for charades (first one would be, obviously, Kenichi Yoshida :P)

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 17:30   Link #87
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
To be honest I hope that both those rumors are fakes, otherwise I fear that they might be two series a la Soul Eater with good directing, great animation but really "weak" in general.
I agree. I don't really have anything against the manga or anything, but I feel that Bones is starting to become less and less interesting to me as a studio as they become more.... commercial. I don't really enjoy their adaptations these days much, and even DtB2 doesn't look that interesting to me. I think they need to release stronger original content or creative content very soon, if only just to please the original fanbase they cultivated all these years.
Old 2009-10-24, 19:32   Link #88
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I just wish they would release something for crying out loud.
Old 2009-10-29, 08:19   Link #89
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Hmm...after reading the wiki article I'm getting exited about this^^
Sounds real twisted; lots of sadism everywhere

Might as well look for some manga scans..the only thing I found video-wise is this manga trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg7pG40FoI8
Old 2009-11-10, 09:24   Link #90
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

There's something up on Moon Phase that mentions DW, but I don't know what and there aren't any new links posted.

EDIT: 12/15, I guess nobody here takes a hint. According to the Google translated version of the moon Phase page, the anime won't premire until "after next year" At first I was pissed off, but now that I think about it, it's a good thing. Maybe they're biding they're time for the manga to go further so they don't have to make up the rest of the story line like they did with Soul Eater, Kuroshitsuji, and countless other animes.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20091110

Last edited by SquirrelLuvsPnut; 2009-12-15 at 13:37.
Old 2009-12-29, 17:49   Link #91
XLilaX

Meh I dont know much about animation but I know that this manga deserves some more recognition !!! It has to be the most awesome mix of guts and blood and a generic protagonist who is desperate to save his friends!!!

Maybe thats why I first fell in love with Bleach... too bad its all censored now
Old 2009-12-29, 17:52   Link #92
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah better release it next year cuz manga move slowly .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 17:53   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yeah better release it next year cuz manga move slowly .
The manga is still monthly, but yeah it stops from time to time, which is a shame because the cliffhangers have been hell.
Old 2010-03-15, 22:36   Link #94
ellifeedn
Thinker

Any news regarding when the anime will premiere?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 05:25   Link #95
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Any news regarding when the anime will premiere?
Somewhen in 2011
Old 2010-03-16, 05:49   Link #96
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Somewhen in 2011
We really don't know that for sure yet.
Old 2010-03-16, 18:12   Link #97
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We really don't know that for sure yet.
Quote:
EDIT: 12/15, I guess nobody here takes a hint. According to the Google translated version of the moon Phase page, the anime won't premire until "after next year" At first I was pissed off, but now that I think about it, it's a good thing. Maybe they're biding they're time for the manga to go further so they don't have to make up the rest of the story line like they did with Soul Eater, Kuroshitsuji, and countless other animes.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20091110
Based on this. No more no less
Old 2010-03-16, 18:19   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sorry but i'm waiting for something a bit more official before i start jumping for joy.
Old 2010-03-17, 07:21   Link #99
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Please, if you want to use a Japanese source as information, at least be able to understand the language. That list is for everything that had no specific season in 2010 and beyond. It does not mean 2011. It just means "I dunno" as far as Moon Phase is concerned. It could be Summer 2010, Fall 2010, Winter 2011, Spring 2011, or even Summer 2015. :P
Old 2010-03-17, 12:21   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& that's exactly why i said what i did.

Tags
action, horror, madness, prison, science fiction, shounen, tragedy