AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-01, 23:27   Link #41
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
The line should have been "I don't dislike him"....ugh CR can be so stupid with their subtitles

...is anyone finding the 'manga 'logue' popping up pretty irritating? I have to constantly pause to read it and it happens SO SO often...I kinda wish they would cut it out already! Once in a while is cute but they do it every FIVE SECONDS I stg.
Old 2023-08-04, 13:59   Link #42
Frontier

It's very Kibe to tell Kazuya that he's liable to screw up, but sometimes you have to go big or go home, especially when it comes to the film you helped produce with crowdfunding for the girl you love .

Chizuru has the professional actress demeanor down to pat! Kazuya is still kind of a mess, but he got Chizuru clapping for him first, which is what matters the most .

So is this movie basically about a girl trying to become a doctor because of her sick grandma ?

Honestly I didn't even realize that was Ruka for a second because she changed her hairstyle for once. No surprise she's making Kazuya pamper her and hogging him as much as she can .

There were much safer ways to deal with a stray cicada than climbing down a bridge, but you can't hate Kazuya's dedication to making this film go well .

It says a lot that Chizuru notices when Kazuya is avoiding her, and doesn't like it, and said she doesn't regret meeting him despit everything that's happened between them. Okay, maybe she's wanted to sock him a few times, but that's a given. And while Kazuya thinks she's a top tier actress waifu who is way above him, Chizuru validates how Kazuya is special and worth it just for being himself .

Mr. Director Takuma Terashima playing surprise wingman by letting Kazuya and Chizuru film the last part of the movie by themselves? Which of course involves traveling and staying the night .

They really picked the most lewd pose for Chizuru to be in over the phone, huh ?

Chizuru's summer outfits are impeccable, especially for the exposed legs. Also someone finally realizes how only a Rental Girlfriend would be paired with Kazuya .

Always count on wingwoman Mini to come through! No way was she going to let a 3rd or 4th wheel interfere with a romantic trip for these two! Which means taking herself and Ruka out of the equation through faking a flu. Nice job, Mini! And she's totally counting on Chizuru's inner horniness showing on this trip .

Speaking of, Chizuru is acting cool and matter-of-fact about everything but she's much more flustered about this than she lets on. Look at how she's stammering when trying to say something to Kazuya. Something tells me this trip will be successful in more ways than one .
Old 2023-08-04, 15:15   Link #43
EroKing

Yea, not falling for this kind of cuteness again. Never again!

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 09:11.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-04, 16:21   Link #44
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

What the hell was that kind of yoga pose at 13.45? And if she was at home, why didn't Kazuya just knock on her door like he did to speak with Yaemori (unless he didn't know Mizuhara was at home at the time)?

Unless they had other things to do and be at other places earlier, wouldn't it have made sense for the 3 neighbors to go to the train station together? Them showing up separately made for a slightly weaker plot point of Yaemori feigning sickness to propel her other 2 neighbors into the "heat" of the moment.

And speaking of heat, that was totally a doctored temperature reading of 39.5C! Hats off to Yaemori for doing what she does best!

Poor Ruka. Gets to spend time at the first shoot and is tricked into thinking the final scene shoot is postponed. Surprised she didn't even suggest on swinging by Kazuya's place when she called him.

And it's rare to see Mizuhara in that state of mind, if you will. Despite the colder climate compared to Tokyo, perhaps being there together alone is making her warm up even more to Kazuya.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-04, 17:27   Link #45
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
What the hell was that kind of yoga pose at 13.45? And if she was at home, why didn't Kazuya just knock on her door like he did to speak with Yaemori (unless he didn't know Mizuhara was at home at the time)?

Unless they had other things to do and be at other places earlier, wouldn't it have made sense for the 3 neighbors to go to the train station together? Them showing up separately made for a slightly weaker plot point of Yaemori feigning sickness to propel her other 2 neighbors into the "heat" of the moment.

And speaking of heat, that was totally a doctored temperature reading of 39.5C! Hats off to Yaemori for doing what she does best!

Poor Ruka. Gets to spend time at the first shoot and is tricked into thinking the final scene shoot is postponed. Surprised she didn't even suggest on swinging by Kazuya's place when she called him.

And it's rare to see Mizuhara in that state of mind, if you will. Despite the colder climate compared to Tokyo, perhaps being there together alone is making her warm up even more to Kazuya.
A lot of this can be chalked up to how awkward Kazuya is with Chizuru .
Old 2023-08-11, 13:59   Link #46
Frontier

Well, no surprise Kazuya's freaking out about Chizuru and what she was planning to say to him while she's just enjoying the sights. Take a chill pill, Kazuya !

Should've figured Mini would make sure to reserve a room for two for them at the hotel. And look at Chizuru taking the initiative and agreeing to the room! I mean, it wouldn't be the first time they've shared the same room at a hotel before, so why not go for round two ?

If you're going to stay overnight at a hotel with Hot Spring baths, you gotta get a hot girl in a Yukata !

Well, I can't blame Kazuya for seeing the peak romantic mood going on between him and Chizuru, but honestly her telling him about her grandfather, the meaning behind why she's so intent on making sure her grandma sees the movie, and how grateful she is for all his help means just as much as a confession would. I don't think Chizuru's ever talked about her grandfather to anybody else, which makes it all the more meaningful .

Did Kazuya bust a nut in the bath fantasizing about Chizuru? Sounds like he did .

All that worrying over not being able to sleep because of being in the same room as Chizuru and then Kazuya is out like a light while Chizuru can't sleep because she's so flustered. I mean, she's staring at him while he's sleeping! Not to mention how she keeps comparing him to the words her grandfather said about having a pillar to rely on. Girl is down bad .

Chizuru is still committed to finding Kazuya a proper girlfriend, but it feels like she's more personally invested now than she's ever been before (and not because she wants to see him with another girl). Kazuya might like Ruka but he's not serious about her and he hasn't seen Mami in forever (much like the audience). Chizuru's the only girl he really loves, especially when she ends up catching up on her sleep on his shoulder, which just shows how comfortable she is around him .

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Ruka caught the lie and followed them there to catch them in the act...not that anything happened, but you try telling Ruka when she's accusing Chizuru of being a thot and looking for hickey's because she can't fathom they didn't try to get busy behind her back. And now Kazuya's made a promise to give her anything she wants on her birthday. I'm sure that'll end well .
Old 2023-08-11, 15:43   Link #47
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Wow! What an ending!

We got to see both Kazuya and Mizuhara take those baths but only the latter was a good scene (to me), as Kazuya's scene was just too full of the same old stressing out / replaying of thoughts, whereas Mizuhara's was more peaceful, which is what an onsen experience should be.

Sad to hear her grandfather passed away in a car accident not too long ago. I hadn't expected this to come up but it set the context of why she was acting that way. This movie project meant so much to her because of that promise to her grandfather and I hope we get to see Mizuhara reward her "pillar of support" with more than just words.

In a rare moment of reflection, Kazuya looks back on the project as a whole. It definitely is bittersweet, knowing that all the time together, effort and hard work, long days and nights, good and challenging times is coming to an end, and people will move on and go separate ways.

I could sense the anime trope of the dagger going into Kazuya's heart when Mizuhara suggested bringing a real girlfriend to the Ryokan. Though Kazuya did not confess to her he wanted her, he did say he would bring someone he loves from the bottom of his heart (while dismissing Ruka and Mami). A bit happy and sad that Sumi wasn't mentioned, but we know that it's really one sided from Sumi's point of view.

The cliffhanger was not what I expected! Yaemori giving up the details to Ruka? Ruka coming all the way and demanding to do everything they did 100x. Which 0 x 100 = 0. So sad to say, Ruka's not getting any action either. And yet 2 weeks from now on Aug 26, she demanded she gets whatever she wants on her birthday!

That was not a hickey on Mizuhara right? Just the redness from the pressure of sleeping on Kazuya's shoulder right? Also, what is the significance of wearing white?
Old 2023-08-16, 01:24   Link #48
Alchemist007
*Author

Binged Ep 1-6 of the season so far. While it seems like the plot is going somewhere, I remain skeptical.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-08-18, 14:03   Link #49
Frontier

It's Ruka date time! Perfect for her birthday !

Ruka is a stunner in that polka dot bikini! So much so she draws the attention of every man in the vicinity (sorry girls!). Too bad Kazuya is so non-committal and uninterested in treating her like a serious girlfriend that he's so wishy washy towards her

Ah yes, the classic rubbing of lotion on a girls' back...don't you usually unstrap your top when it happens? Though I guess Kazuya was able to just go under anyways...and basically feel up her back and legs. Too bad the cream ran out but I don't think his little Kazuya could take much more .

I'll be honest, my immediate thought was her endgame was to bang Kazuya, but it's just something as sweet as wanting to make his heart race. Will she settle for getting him rock hard .

Even if Kazuya didn't really have feelings for Ruka, aren't they close enough for him to have actually gotten her a birthday gift ?

So Ruka was open to some makeout sessions near the ocean if Kazuya was into it, huh ?

Ruka's birthday gift is calling Kazuya by name without an honoriffic! That's actually pretty cute, especially the joy in her voice when she keeps saying it. Chizuru tends to just avoid saying his name when she doesn't have to, but in girlfriend mode he's still "Kazuya-kun" so that's a win for Ruka .

Nice to see Chizuru visiting her grandma. Even got her to open up about Chizuru's mother and this family's weird relationship with the weather .

Sumi is always such a sweetheart. She finds the hospital where Chizuru's grandma is and decided to show up with her own bouqet, as well as telling Chizuru how much work Kazuya put into this and how much she's supporting the two of them. Totally worth letting her meet grandma !

Nothing says true love than going on a whole speech about a guy, especially when you can't help but laugh from the hearet at this antics. Grandma knows what's up no matter how in denial Chizuru is .
Old 2023-08-18, 17:44   Link #50
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I thought the episode with Ruka's birthday would actually air next week, since she mentioned the date and it would have been close enough in real time. But alas, it happened this episode. The date was rather tame and only lascivious thoughts were had. No real physical action except hand holding and sunscreen rubbing happened. I guess to Ruka, having the affirmation that she can call Kazuya-san "Kazuya" puts her in front of Chizuru.

It's been so long since we saw both Sumi AND Chizuru interacting together, so I'm glad this encounter happened! Sumi still has to rely on text messages to communicate most things, but when she is able to enunciate certain words, her voice and expression is so cute!

Good thing Chizuru's grandma doesn't know about the Sumi-Kazuya relationship, or it would have complicated matters more. Chizuru cannot help "rant" about Kazuya's actions during the project and grandma sees the true love begin to blossom.

A decent episode, not too crazy, not too bland. No Mini to stir things up, no Mami to be seen plotting, but a good appearance by Sumi today.
Old 2023-08-30, 14:03   Link #51
EroKing

NSFW
Megami

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 09:05.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-30, 16:34   Link #52
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Ruka looked so good in that polka dot bikini they just had to show her again...complete with cream !
Old 2023-09-01, 14:15   Link #53
Frontier

Look at Mini all pumped to celebrate Kazuya punching in his V-Card after spending the night with Chizuru...only to immediately be deflated by finding out that nothing happened (beyond awkward sexual tension). Like, what kind of 20 year olds have nothing happen to them after staying overnight in a hotel together ?

Oh and then Chizuru comes out...and then RUKA arrives...and instead of being her usual confrontational self, she's killing with kindness and passive aggressiveness while flaunting her relationship and newfound intimacy with Kazuya in Chizuru and Mini's faces. What can the girls do? Well, Chizuru could strip, but...and while she acts unaffected by it, the way she tries saying Kazuya's name without an honorific herself was utterly adorable. Girl is so totally in love .

Time to take grandma out for a test view of the screening for the movie! And you can't beat Sayuri's pride at how far Chizuru has come, and Chizuru's own joy in seeing her grandma be proud of her .

Of course it gets even sweeter when we see how much Sayuri supports Kazuya and Chizuru being together, and how committed Kazuya is to Chizuru irregardless of their romantic relationship, real or otherwise. And that's exactly why Sayuri knows he's the right man for her granddaughter .

Chizuru's grandpa pushed her to follow her dreams despite how tough life can be, but Sayuri was always sceptical knowing how hard it would be for her to make it as an actress, and yet Chizuru doesn't regret following her dream one bit. And now both grandparents can be happy that she's happy .

I knew all that self-reflection and Sayuri talking to her deceased husband was too much...Sayuri collapses! And the worst part is it's just when Kazuya and Chizuru are really getting along together .

It gets even bleaker in the hospital. She might not make it past the night, and she'll never recover from this. Chizuru acts her usual stoic, rational, self but she's probably a complete mess emotionally, while Kazuya is stuck between his usual overly-emotional self and his inability to comfort Chizuru because he's not really her boyfriend .

Is it time to tell Sayuri the truth? I mean, it's not a pleasant topic, but does Chizuru want to be lying to her grandma right up until she passes? Her last remaining family? Even moreso now that it's become less of a lie than it ever was .

Is the editing for the movie done? Is Kazuya rushing to grab his computer so they can show Sayuri as close to the finished film as they can ?

Going for a more somber ED with Chizuru holding fireworks in a yukata...with the sparks burning out, which feels very symbolic .
Old 2023-09-01, 16:35   Link #54
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

So Mini DID get punished for lying to Ruka. And now scary Ruka makes the entire apartment floor tremble!

Part of me wished Kazuya sat down next to Chizuru and put his arm around her shoulder, just friend to friend, and let her break down and cry it out. He had already expressed to Grandma Sayuri that he accepted he would be OK being her friend (honestly he teeter totters every episode on this subject).

It's a tricky situation. Whether to tell the truth or not. I bet if they did, Grandma Sayuri would respond saying she had a hunch or she was ok with that arrangement, knowing how happy it made her granddaughter.
Old 2023-09-02, 01:47   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Didn't they do this "My grandma is kinda dying" thing already?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-02, 23:47   Link #56
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Didn't they do this "My grandma is kinda dying" thing already?
Well, a bit of a fakeout, but this is more like when her grandfather died .
Old 2023-09-08, 13:59   Link #57
Frontier

Chizuru is with her grandmother on her deathbed, still debating whether to tell her the truth about Kazuya...but wouldn't that be just for her own self-satisfaction at the end? Is she prepared to disappoint her grandmother in her last moments? She already feels like she failed both grandparents because she couldn't show either of them her movie .

But then, just as Chizuru is finally letting loose the waterworks and breaking down, Kazuya shows up and just wordlessly sets up the movie for them to watch. He doesn't say a thing, he just puts it up there and leaves, leaving them alone to watch Chizuru's big screen debut in the hospital room. And Sayuri finally opens her eyes for a brief moment to see her granddaughters' acting debut before her eyes .

Can Chizuru do it? Can she be honest to Sayuri about her fake relationship? What even is her relationship to Kazuya anyways? Even she doesn't seem sure of it, or what's right or wrong, anymore. But in her last moments, her grandmother understands she needs to be comforted, and no matter what you do in life, what matters is that you live it on your own terms. And what matters to Sayuri, in the last moments of her own life, is recognizing the woman her granddaughter has become and how much she's accomplished, and the two telling each other they love each other. And then...Sayuri passes on .

What an emotional rollercoaster to go from Sayuri's last moments to Chizuru to...Mini comparing it to the time she lost her ferret. Though she's probably on point that Chizuru needs Kazuya now more than ever, especially as she's retreating into her "Chizuru Mizuhara" persona to deal with losing her grandmother rather than actually processing her grief .

Of course Nagomi has to visit Sayuri's wake, but she doesn't spend much time there. Especially because she's probably going to be seeing Sayuri again soon anyways. And for once Kazuya's grandma has some wise words for him to listen to, like how he needs to step up. Chizuru is acting strong and steadfast, but you look closely enough you can tell she's barely holding it together .

What can Kazuya do? He can't even process what his actual relationship with Chizuru really is. But I guess when in doubt...book a date with her. It's renting time once again !
Old 2023-09-08, 15:20   Link #58
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Very sad episode in a couple of ways.

First, Grandma Sayuri passed away. Losing the last remaining relative/family is devastating to anyone.

Second, the writing. Kazuya later reverts back to his old stupid self, even after his own Grandma gave him words of wisdom. The baka "neighbor" did not do anything at all, except show the movie. I get that it was a great way to show Grandma Sayuri the movie but what about actually helping Chizuru with all the administrative and logical stuff that comes with the sad passing. Moreover, Kazuya can't even think of one thing he could do to help her. Then we get a stupid light hearted thought bubble that is so out of place.

After 3 seasons, the dumpster fire that is Kazuya (and this show) continues to burn brighter than ever. Not even Yaemori's words regarding women could save the episode, because in those critical moments Kazuya did absolutely fucking nothing for Chizuru!
Old 2023-09-09, 10:54   Link #59
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Yeah, I can't actually think of another SOL harem series that made me cry like that.

I miss my own grandma
Old 2023-09-15, 14:01   Link #60
Frontier

It's been a while, but once again it's rentin' time! This time with Sumi-chan! And while she trips in her typical cute and klutzy fashion, she's super happy to be able to see Kazuya again! And so pumped to be able to help him !

And she's still a sweetheart who cries plenty after finding out about Chizuru's situation...and willing to take the lead on getting Kazuya through this funk of trying to figure out what to do about Chizuru. By basically dragging him all the way to the beach! She says it's just as "friends" but it also just feels like they're on a romantic trip for two .

I love how Kazuya can more or less "speak" Sumi at this point .

I can't believe the most Mami screentime we've gotten this season is her telling us about the "match game." They really brought in Aoi Yuki just to do this ?

Unfortunately we don't get to see Sumi in a swimsuit (outside Kazuya's imagination), but we do get to see her undeterred as she takes Kazuya up to the Enoshima Sea Candle! Walking all the way up the stairs with her conviction giving her all the stamina she needs! Meanwhile Kazuya gets a flash of her panties and runs ahead. Quite the gentleman .

Sumi just standing there looking through binoculars and fulfilling the distracted boyfriend meme with very little effort. I feel bad for those other girls .

Sumi has the cutest (non)yell .

Sumi's legs! All the better so she can wade into the ocean and splash for some fun with Kazuya! Said fun leaving him all wet, but the entire day of fun with Sumi really cheered him up and made him realize that, whatever their relationship is, he can be there to cheer Sumi up. Just like Sumi is cheered up whenever she's with Kazuya .

Ruka has enough empathy to feel for what Chizuru is going for and tell Kazuya that any girl would appreciate getting cheered up...until she realizes she's helping her rival and totally takes it back, but she can't dissuade Kazuya this time around no matter how hard she tries. Though I guess if she gets an amusement park date out of it it's not a complete loss .

I'm guessing the manager does not have a sugary romance with his wife the way he thinks of Ruka as "his" and wishes someone would cheer him up. Felt bad for him when Ruka joked about taking him on a date .

Chizuru is such a professional that she's back at work as a rental girlfriend despite probably still being in grief. And Kazuya might be the only one who realizes it .

All those 10-hour shifts were worth it to book Chizuru for an entire day! This is it, the final date of the season to cheer her up! Go get 'er Kazuya !

Tags
comedy, harem, romance