AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-30, 22:42   Link #1
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Fire Emblem 3DS (Currently Untitled 13th Entry)

It's back!

The dream is finally reality, it's at long last new Fire Emblem time and here's the new trailer. Hearing that familiar theme it's as if I've come home again at long last. How long has it been since a new non-remake Fire Emblem? 4 Years? 5 Years? Well the good news is that the wait is over, the bad news is that it's on a system that very people own yet and one I'm not sure I want to make a long term investment on even just for one of my all time favorite franchises. Oh Nintendo, why do you do these things to your fans? I know you want the 3DS to succeed but....

In any case, it looks like Intelligent Systems is adding a new support system that allows two units to attack at the same time ala Super Robot Wars. The main character seems to be named Chrome and the heroine so far seems to be his sister Liz and that's about all that I can gather from the news that's been released so far. As always, for all Fire Emblem related information I recommend checking in at Serenes Forest for updates. [urlhttp://serenesforest.net/fe13/]Here[/url] is the current page for the as yet unnamed Fire Emblem 13.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 23:05   Link #2
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

YES. Just absolute win. Yet another piece of awesomeness to be adding to my 3DS.
Old 2011-09-30, 23:12   Link #3
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I want a 3DS, but I want to wait for a revision of the 3DS. I also look forward to a new FE on Wii U. And...I hope the 3DS and Wii U FEs (or at least one of them) has kemonomimis like FE 11 and FE 12.
Old 2011-09-30, 23:17   Link #4
Who

NoA, y u no localize? <-- the question I'll most likely be asking myself next year.

Now that I got the negativity out of my system, is it Krom or Chrome? I know the katakana can be pronounced either way, but Chrome seems a bit more feminine than Krom.

And here are the promo videos:

Oh and what is 'Cut In Off'? It says something about that in the wiki that it has to do with critical attacks but I haven't played PoR or RD if that's where it's from.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 00:29   Link #5
Key Board
Carbon

Fire Emblem used to innovate

but then they backpedaled with the handhelds and things haven't changed much since then

In a post Final Fantasy Tactics / Disgaea / Super Robot Wars Alpha era, I hope they step up their gear to compete

Otherwise I'll just stick to my Eushully strategy games.. which are eroge of all things
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 01:52   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ueh, the art... I wish the people that drew the GBA characters came back.
Not that this guy's art is bad, but...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 01:57   Link #7
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Wait.... you can double team now? I haven't played any Fire Emblem since Sacred Stones... well... I did play some Shadow Dragon... but... is this a new mechanic? or have I missed something?

Also, the trailers almost make me want to go finish Shadow Dragon...
Old 2011-10-01, 02:06   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Fire Emblem used to innovate

but then they backpedaled with the handhelds and things haven't changed much since then

In a post Final Fantasy Tactics / Disgaea / Super Robot Wars Alpha era, I hope they step up their gear to compete

Otherwise I'll just stick to my Eushully strategy games.. which are eroge of all things
Eushully definitely makes some interesting games. Their games and Alicesoft games are pretty much the only Japanese PC games I bother to play.

I think the biggest mistake they made with the handhelds was taking skills out of the game, thus turning it into a straight attack to defense and speed calculation game with no real other factors to consider. To simplistic, especially when going from Thracia 776 directly to Sword of Seals like I did. This however looks to be a step in the right direction for the handhelds though as long as they still keep skills in, which it looks like they will be.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 08:41   Link #9
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Wait.... you can double team now? I haven't played any Fire Emblem since Sacred Stones... well... I did play some Shadow Dragon... but... is this a new mechanic? or have I missed something?

Also, the trailers almost make me want to go finish Shadow Dragon...
It's new. And I'm hoping that the difficulty is either really ramped up to compensate, or that it's an option you can turn off. The last few FEs have been ridiculously easy (then again, I usually compare to FE4 and FE7), and I'd hate for them to make this new one even easier.

Though if the enemy can double-team you, that could be interesting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 09:02   Link #10
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ueh, the art... I wish the people that drew the GBA characters came back.
I had a feeling that the art was different. Good to know that it didn't come from nowhere. The art seems a bit plain.
Old 2011-10-01, 17:46   Link #11
AnimeFangirl

I hate the new art too, but if the game is fun I'll get over it.

Tags
3ds, fire emblem, nintendo, rpg, strategy