FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
boring filler
FBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 13:15   Link #22
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Fillers fillers and fillers. Do they really need to have so many fillers after that long-ass filler arc we had a while back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Yup, they do. The anime is pretty close to the manga right now, and the arc that the anime just started (or is about to start) is not even over in the manga.
And anyway, they're not "so many fillers" just yet. This is just the third filler episode in a row.
That's what I hate about anime.

American TV takes a 3-5 month long break to make new episodes. Anime seems to go on and on forever non-stop. And the quality really dips.

Nobody is going to forget about; Naruto, Bleach or One Piece if they go off the air for four months.

I would much rather have an extended break in the middle instead of getting filler arcs and cannon episodes with extended flashbacks.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 14:12   Link #23
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
That's what I hate about anime.

American TV takes a 3-5 month long break to make new episodes. Anime seems to go on and on forever non-stop. And the quality really dips.

Nobody is going to forget about; Naruto, Bleach or One Piece if they go off the air for four months.

I would much rather have an extended break in the middle instead of getting filler arcs and cannon episodes with extended flashbacks.
I'm not sure what the difference is, to be perfectly honest. Especially so since I habitually ignore anything filler, so it's effectively the same as a break for me anyway. If you don't like filler don't watch it; in that case, it's the exact same as what you're talking about it. And for those who don't mind filler, they have something to entertain themselves with on a weekly basis.

I don't really see the problem.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:21   Link #24
mrShady

Well a big problem is that they might mix canon and non canon stuff in a filler episode, which makes it a pain in the ass when rewatching.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:23   Link #25
Akashin

True. I was talking about the episodes that are nothing but filler, but you raise a good point there.

One of the perks of following just the manga, I guess. =/
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 18:28   Link #26
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Didn't really like this filler. I kind of wish these fillers would show more of the characters that don't get alot of time in the manga. Something like adding more background to a few characters.
Old 2011-08-19, 15:52   Link #27
ookamigirl

Scary stories this time? ^^'
Naruto sure scares easily. That crab thing sure was a troublemaker.
Hope they get where they're supposed to be going soon...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 05:32   Link #28
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

One has really to wonder why Naruto had to go all the way to dive into that crab's mouth with a Rasengan when he could just have stayed back... went to Sage Mode, and have thrown a Rasenshuriken after Yamato had immobilized it...

It would also have been a cool visual fan service to offer to compensate for the filler material that's unfortunately indeed required at this point...
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 15:00   Link #29
Aqua Knight

It's funny that Bleach fillers are assumed to be even better than the actual canon story sometimes, but Naruto fillers are just rubbish. And if my memory doesn't fail me, both series are done by the same studio.
So why the difference?
Old 2011-08-21, 01:13   Link #30
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
It's funny that Bleach fillers are assumed to be even better than the actual canon story sometimes, but Naruto fillers are just rubbish. And if my memory doesn't fail me, both series are done by the same studio.
So why the difference?
You know, that is a seriously good question. Because you are right, the bleach filler right now freakin rules...

I suppose they have different sets of writers, and the Naruto writers either aren't paid very well or aren't trying. LOL.
Old 2011-08-21, 02:04   Link #31
neshru

Quote:
So why the difference?
The difference could be that Bleach's canon is pretty badly written compared to Naruto, so the fillers stand out...
To be honest, I think Bleach's fillers are more enjoyable because they focus a lot on battles, while Naruto fillers focus more on (crappy) storylines. Take the first Shippuuden filler arc (episodes 54-71) for example. I enjoyed it quite a lot, and that was because it had believable villains and there was fighting in pretty much every episode.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 02:23   Link #32
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
So why the difference?
I find the BLEACH canon a bit hard to swallow myself, so maybe the difference comes from there.

That being the case, they could just as well read up on some fan fiction, that would be some good filler, but oh well.
Old 2011-08-25, 07:56   Link #33
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 226 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Battleship Island - 戦艦の島 ~ Senkan no Shima .

Description:

Animation Supervisor: Beom-Seok Hong (218, 210, 201) & Tatsuki Takemoto (218, 210, 201)
Storyboard: Tsutomu Naniwa (220, 195, 191)
Episode Director: Maki Odaira (210, 201, 190)
Screenplay: Yasuyuki Suzuki (220, 212, 208)

Island of Oblivion - 忘却の島 ~ Bōkyaku no Shima .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 11:15   Link #34
Prayanthem

Submarines... Artilleries... Pirates...

This has something to do with naruto, how?...

Another mindblowing episode, Naruto Shippuden Ep. 226

Short summary of this weeks filler:
Spoiler for Episode summary, Do not read further if you have yet to see the episode:

Review:

Unrealistic
The pirate-captain manages to take naruto's headband... He is a simple pirate, with no special skills whatsoever. Still him and naruto fight as equals... Naruto being the best shinobi in Konoha, a top class shinobi.
They open fire at naruto with artillery from the Island, and he suddenly becomes totally unable to dodge. Nor can he jump onto one of the ships.

Cliché-filled.
Naruto decides to get revenge on the pirates because they killed all the previous inhabitants of the island

Other totally random stuff:
Naruto gets his revenge by knocking ALL, yes ALL their boats over by making a big jump down a waterslide with a small fishingboat. No, they do take any damage even though their boat is probably smashed by the time they break the surface of the water. Yet it somehow manages to make a giant wave that knocks over boats twice the size of its own.

CONCLUSION
Only The fact that there are both artillery, submarines, and a... waterslide?! in the episode... makes this IMO the worst episode of naruto (yet to come). Looking forward to the next embarrasing filler.

... Naruto used to be good.
Prayanthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 11:47   Link #35
Maxtro

Fillers aren't Naruto.

It might as well be called Ninja Boy until it's cannon again.

Too bad we can't get a Naruto x One Piece cross over. The lady who voices Naruto voiced Sabo a while ago, so why not?
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 17:49   Link #36
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Yeah this was quite horrid. Prayanthem summarized it up pretty good. It's really unrealistic that the guy who saved Konoha from Pain can't win against a petty pirate and he has to run away.. unable to dodge balls like that and whatnot. Even if you can't use Sage mode, you can beat a guy like that even with your eyes closed.

... Not looking forward to the future either. Anyone saw the title for the next filler episode? It made it sound like this next filler will last over multiple episodes..
Old 2011-08-25, 18:18   Link #37
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

lol, peeps be hating the filler.

See, here is the magical, mysterious fact you need to know in order to enjoy filler.
Step one: enter zen mediation. Empty your mind.
Step two: forget everything you ever knew about Naruto.
Step three: have no expectations
step four: have a bottle of ice cold beer in your hand and a cold six pack by your feet; drink whenever you feel the story is beginning to suck.
step five: watch show.

You see, if you just follow my easy, five step plan, anime is fun again!
And if five steps is too many steps for you, just find a bottle of tequila and practice step four!
OH BOY!
Old 2011-08-26, 09:10   Link #38
ookamigirl

Still on the sea *sigh* but at least this time it's much more interesting ^^
The submarine was pretty cool. Being stranded is not nice, but it sure was interesting!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 09:26   Link #39
Wakan Tanka

Bleach episodic filler is better than this crap.
Old 2011-08-29, 00:04   Link #40
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Basic 'avenging a wrong done to someone else who wasn't able to' plot like the past few episodes, but still a fun episode. If you enjoy stories at sea, submarines, pirates, mysterious islands, and any of the like, you'll enjoy it just for that.

You've gotta love how he had to literally squeeze such a genius plan out of his head, lol

Not sure whether I'll give next week's episode a miss or not. Naruto uses Sage mode again and it seems like this island they're going to be on may be where Pain found the animals he used as summons.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion