Old 2008-08-12, 01:59   Link #1781
sorrow13

lelouch and C.C bow chicka wow wow XD
Old 2008-08-12, 02:01   Link #1782
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
What is Lelouch true nature? The good deed that he apathetically does which she already knows. Or that he got good people killed i.e. her father and was willing to continue. Idk what else she could have seen. I guess Lelouch not being able to live a normal life was the reason that he lost her.

Also just learned never contradict Kalulu in the Kallen thread. It'd be like walking into the lions den with steaks wrapped around my crotch.
Ah the pairing backlash has begun. Happens in allot of fandoms.

1) Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you looks at it Kalulu fans have had the most to talk/discuss/speculate about throughout most of the season. Even to the point where Kallen was taken away and she still was in a position to have logical developments happening in terms of her getting somewhat closer to her "crush".

2) I like the fact that some assume that someone won't try to counter their opinions or at the very least have a rebuttal made, on an internet forum. Especially when the post consists of "here's why so and so can't happen, because I believe....."

3)Some of the more vocal members here appear to be Kalulu fans it seems like their being zealous but its typical fandom stuff. Just like the growing seeds of the anti Kalulu movement going on.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:02   Link #1783
Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I have been noticing that as the episodes go on the votes in the poll for LelouchxKallen has been steadily increasing. When I first voted in the poll OugixVilletta outranked that one.
C.C. has a healthy lead, but it had a good head start.
She had a good start but looking at google's cache (Aug. 5), it looks like C.C. will always have plenty of votes coming in for her.

Aug. 5

C.C. - 245
Kallen - 122
Viletta - 104

As of this post:

C.C. - 282
Kallen - 144
Viletta - 113

Difference:

C.C. - 37
Kallen - 22
Viletta - 9

I remembered Kallen and Viletta neck and neck at one point. Viletta had a lead but it wasn't very big. Now it looks like it's slowing down for her.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:03   Link #1784
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I have always supported LelouchxC.C. because Lelouch has been himself only with her. He has been rude to her, as well as extremely vulnerable in her presence. He doesn't need to be all polite around her. He has depended on her. He has only been that free with her. And now Lelouch also knows a lot about C.C.'s past, so it is not just her who understands him.

But who knows when the old C.C. will return? I miss her

While I think Kallen is in a good position to comfort him now, I don't think he is going to break down that way this time. He has lost it, and any comfort (from whomever) will probably come later. Right now he will go completely evil. Kind of like after Shirley died, when he didn't lean on anyone but it will be bigger of course, because it was he sister this time (I don't think she is dead but I doubt he will find out soon even if it is otherwise). Although that is bad for romance, it's going to be so much fun to watch!

I don't want an ambiguous ending but the way things are going, they might be headed that way. Or they might just make him pick someone quickly, CG seems to put a lot of things in one episode so that is also quite possible...

after sherly died he had no one to lean on
C.C was there but instead of comfeting him and making him see that going on a killing spree wasnt the answer she just went along with it
she never interferes in his choices even if they are the wrong ones

it would have been interesing to see how kallen would have acted then (he did use zero squad to commit the killings)
non of the members of the team agreed with what was going on but non had the balls to confront zero about it
kallen would have probably felt the same and since she know zero is just a man she would have
Old 2008-08-12, 02:12   Link #1785
Slick_rick

Quote:
Ok, so she didn't get to see every great and worst moment but she did want to find out which is something even if it was something bad. And willing to forgive him for all his faults that she can perceive anyways. I'm pretty sure she saw the side were he wanted to protect his friends though since she knows he geassed her to forget. She knew he wanted to keep her at arms length but she didn't want him to be all alone. It was her decision not his if you can understand. Idk I think she got the gist of who lelouch is if you ask me.
Well I'm certain she knew deep down he was a good person but some of the things that she didn't know are crucial to who he is as a person. So IMO she "loved" him as much as a person could love someone who they didn't completely know or understand. I'm not saying that she couldn't have eventually learned more about him like Kallen is or C.C knew. To do this though she'd have to go deep into his darker sides world which as we've seen s very bad for her health.

Another thing is that even when she had a brainwashed Lelouch in Ashford for a year she still wasn't able to move past the friend position. And this is a Lelouch without the vendetta against Brittania or the extra baggage of a murdered mother and a crippled sister. She had known Lelouch much longer than both C.C and Kallen but understand his less that either.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:15   Link #1786
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring View Post
She had a good start but looking at google's cache (Aug. 5), it looks like C.C. will always have plenty of votes coming in for her.

Aug. 5

C.C. - 245
Kallen - 122
Viletta - 104

As of this post:

C.C. - 282
Kallen - 144
Viletta - 113

Difference:

C.C. - 37
Kallen - 22
Viletta - 9

I remembered Kallen and Viletta neck and neck at one point. Viletta had a lead but it wasn't very big. Now it looks like it's slowing down for her.
Nice work there. I like the analytical point of view to things and you really pulled that off here.
Still, Kallen is having a pretty good increase in a rather short period of time. As the episodes move along it could grow even faster. There are always the people who like to sit back and jump on the bandwagon when they thing they can vote for the winning side.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:18   Link #1787
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Well I'm certain she knew deep down he was a good person but some of the things that she didn't know are crucial to who he is as a person. So IMO she "loved" him as much as a person could love someone who they didn't completely know or understand. I'm not saying that she couldn't have eventually learned more about him like Kallen is or C.C knew. To do this though she'd have to go deep into his darker sides world which as we've seen s very bad for her health.

Another thing is that even when she had a brainwashed Lelouch in Ashford for a year she still wasn't able to move past the friend position. And this is a Lelouch without the vendetta against Brittania or the extra baggage of a murdered mother and a crippled sister. She had known Lelouch much longer than both C.C and Kallen but understand his less that either.
Both of them were "reset" at that point. Shirley had to overcome (again) her shyness about it, as do a lot of girls. So saying that she never got past the friends part due to it is kinda moot, as their romantic development was as if it had never happened.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:25   Link #1788
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:

Idk, Lelouch puts up too many walls making it impossible for any one girl to truly understand him and see the real him. I mean Kallen has to ask his sister to what he was really like, I doubt being around him the longest would necessary lead to full understanding. I mean you have to be part detective, part full time friend, and part supporter. Also she has no memory of Lelouch so all their history was gone and she had to work with a clean slate in R2. There's noway she can go up to girlfriend before actually making friend.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:28   Link #1789
Stretch5920

Quote:
There's noway she can go up to girlfriend before actually making friend.
I agree with that. Let's just assume for a moment that Kallen plays a big role in getting Lelouch to basically stop being a little bitch and man up to his responsibilites. I think that would be the start of Lelouch appreciating her more and trusting her, so she's basically his new best bud. But any sort of love confession or whatever would be extremely cheesy and forced from his side.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:32   Link #1790
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
after sherly died he had no one to lean on
C.C was there but instead of comfeting him and making him see that going on a killing spree wasnt the answer she just went along with it
she never interferes in his choices even if they are the wrong ones

it would have been interesing to see how kallen would have acted then (he did use zero squad to commit the killings)
non of the members of the team agreed with what was going on but non had the balls to confront zero about it
kallen would have probably felt the same and since she know zero is just a man she would have
I don't feel you can blame C.C for Lelouch's actions there. He himself in S1 when she tried to stop him from doing something against her wishes put a gun to his own head. He is not the type of person to divert from a course once he has it set in his mind. He also stated he was testing her loyalty and if anything he would have gone with Zero squadron without her to do it anyway. He express her doubts when he told her but beyond that in the state of mind Lelouch was in I don't see her talking him out of it.

Kallen I'm certain would have expressed her doubts also and probably more vocally than C.C but in the end Kallen would have probably follow his orders. She shown trust and loyalty to Zero and knowing his true reasoning behind it would have probably convinced her more. In the end I don't see her opposing him if she set on doing it which he seemed very much so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Both of them were "reset" at that point. Shirley had to overcome (again) her shyness about it, as do a lot of girls. So saying that she never got past the friends part due to it is kinda moot, as their romantic development was as if it had never happened.
Well they still knew each other as friends even after the mindwipe from the Emperor and spent time together on the student council and were in the same class. She still had a year's time to become something else to him. In the end all that matters is that she was never able to. Shyness probably just another reason she'd never be able to get through to someone as thick as Lelouch. You'd have to be a bit more forceful with someone like him.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:32   Link #1791
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
There's noway she can go up to girlfriend before actually making friend.
Hmm sounds just as biased as any Kalulu fan.

If she wasn't his friend why would he invite her back to Ashford with him? I'd like to hear your opinions on why he would even bring it up to her.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:33   Link #1792
pingva

People, Kallen didnt know true Lelouch, because she didn't talk about him with Suzaku(the person who knows Lelouch the best - at least at this moment)
Old 2008-08-12, 02:39   Link #1793
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Well they still knew each other as friends even after the mindwipe from the Emperor and spent time together on the student council and were in the same class. She still had a year's time to become something else to him. In the end all that matters is that she was never able to. Shyness probably just another reason she'd never be able to get through to someone as thick as Lelouch. You'd have to be a bit more forceful with someone like him.
Shyness can be quite a factor, moreso than you think. Ever had to deal with it? Its frustrating as hell, and for some, it can take years to get past. I speak from experience there. You're right, Lelouch is pretty thick when it comes to romance, but that's only one factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Hmm sounds just as biased as any Kalulu fan.

If she wasn't his friend why would he invite her back to Ashford with him? I'd like to hear your opinions on why he would even bring it up to her.
Friend before girlfriend is an important role for ANY relationship. The 70s'-esque days of random dating are gone. Yes, Kallen was Lelouch's friend but she wasn't that close a friend, he was obviously secretive about his past (and rightfully so), and before she'd be able to start a relationship with him, she'd have to find out more about him, and become a closer friend.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:46   Link #1794
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
People, Kallen didnt know true Lelouch, because she didn't talk about him with Suzaku(the person who knows Lelouch the best - at least at this moment)
Suzaku is hardly an authority on the true Lelouch at the moment. Talking to him, aside from the fact that it would have completely blown Lelouch's cover as Zero, would have only elicited responses of apathy, if not outright anger. Kallen knows the true Lelouch through her talks with Nunnally, who is a much better source of information than Suzaku.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:57   Link #1795
Slick_rick

Quote:
Shyness can be quite a factor, moreso than you think. Ever had to deal with it? Its frustrating as hell, and for some, it can take years to get past. I speak from experience there. You're right, Lelouch is pretty thick when it comes to romance, but that's only one factor.
I understand shyness can be frustrating and hard to deal with. That doesn't change the fact that if you are too shy and never tell a person how you feel until its too late then its no one's fault but your own. She had a year to make a relationship with him but was unable to for whatever reasons doesn't change the outcome. She was too late in telling him by that time he had regained his memories and resumed his quest to destroy Brittania. The power of love lost to the power of Geass. Caught you next life Shirley.
Old 2008-08-12, 03:14   Link #1796
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:

Friend before girlfriend is an important role for ANY relationship. The 70s'-esque days of random dating are gone. Yes, Kallen was Lelouch's friend but she wasn't that close a friend, he was obviously secretive about his past (and rightfully so), and before she'd be able to start a relationship with him, she'd have to find out more about him, and become a closer friend.

Your post is more reasonable than the one I replied to. Still I don't see how she is not a close friend when a) He considers her a friend as far as Ashford standards hence him inviting her back with him b) they've literally been through war together, she's saved his life, he's saved hers. c)Come on the refrain incident folks she has seen him at one of his lowest points and offered advice. d) She is one of the few people who knows his biggest secret (before the last few eps) and he trusted her to keep that secret.

I gotta ask who is (if anyone is) really Lelouch's "friend" if we're going by the such strict definitions.
Old 2008-08-12, 03:20   Link #1797
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Even with all of that, its still a big step from friend to lover. And then there's the whole other factor that would prevent a relationship: war. Lelouch is fighting a war, and as such isn't interested in romantic relationships. Now, when the war ends, I can see him getting together with someone, if he won the war and if he survived. But not until then.
Old 2008-08-12, 03:24   Link #1798
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Even with all of that, its still a big step from friend to lover. And then there's the whole other factor that would prevent a relationship: war. Lelouch is fighting a war, and as such isn't interested in romantic relationships. Now, when the war ends, I can see him getting together with someone, if he won the war and if he survived. But not until then.
Just because it's war doesn't mean he can't find love. Besides...
Spoiler:

...he should have at least some time to develop those personal relationships. That or Kallen takes the initiative, which I could easily see happening.
Old 2008-08-12, 03:29   Link #1799
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
rememeber that lulu was always on a one track mind
the goal was everything to the exclution of everything else (romance included)
now that goal is gone (or at least nunnaly is)
so until he finds a new goal he is open to romance (he might not want to be , but the heart doesnt listen to the brain)
Old 2008-08-12, 03:29   Link #1800
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Just because it's war doesn't mean he can't find love. Besides...
Spoiler:

...he should have at least some time to develop those personal relationships. That or Kallen takes the initiative, which I could easily see happening.
If it was between soldier and soldier, then a relationship might be okay, though it'd lead to some dangerous emotions on the battlefield. However, it would not be soldier and soldier with Zero, he is the leader. A relationship would be a distraction, and furthermore, a hindrance. He would hesitate to send Kallen out to the battlefield, and that is one place she cannot be kept from, as you should never hold back in a fight.

So its an extremely important factor that many seem to forget. Relationships in Gundam seem to be okay, but how often in Gundam is the main character the top leader of one side of the conflict?

Also, the episode summaries seem to say that a wedge is driven between the Black Knights--that infers that not all of the Black Knights will betray, I imagine it won't be just Kallen, Jeremiah, and Rolo who sticks by his side. Others will join him, likely, and he'll still have forces to command. And if he's thrown out, then he'd be concentrating not one getting some action with Kallen, but on getting his power back and sticking it to Britannia.

Tags
romance