AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-09-25, 07:16   Link #9741
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This is probably gonna be hard one to identify but here goes.

I remember seeing a scene in an anime where there's this character that looks rather depressed but then they see a snowflake passing and looks up to find that it's starting to snow.

There's probably a lot of anime that has a cliche scene like that but I think this one was from a fairly recent anime and for some reason it stuck with me. It's the only thing i remember from it though so it's driving me nuts. Cheers for anyone who can identify it.
There's a scene at the end of the Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi movie that's a lot like your description. It's the scene with Kyon and Yuki on the roof.
Old 2012-09-25, 07:39   Link #9742
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ That's the one. Props for getting it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 19:30   Link #9743
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Who is this?
Old 2012-09-25, 19:59   Link #9744
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post

Who is this?
Huey Laforet from Baccano!
Old 2012-09-26, 21:50   Link #9745
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Who's the cute witch?
Old 2012-09-26, 22:09   Link #9746
Echoes

^
She's Majolica le Fay from Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi.
Old 2012-09-27, 22:06   Link #9747
kevs926

who are those on the left

you can identify them all if you can also
kevs926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 22:37   Link #9748
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs926 View Post

who are those on the left

you can identify them all if you can also
Two girls on left by Tony Taka (illustrator), Brand: Ciel:
Fault!! S

Next girl is Mio, from K-On

Girl showing her butt is Chie from Persona 4

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 23:06   Link #9749
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

This is a really vague identification request, but my buddy used to have this really violent, creepy, manga with a anachronistic medieval setting where humans live in walled cities to hide from monsters that turn from humans into scary animals and monsters. In first volume, main character turns into a dragon and kills a bear and a lion man. I the second volume he fights some creepy dude who uses sharpened strings.

I couldn't remember anything else because it was all in Japanese, but if anyone can identify it, I kind of would like to revisit it.
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 23:14   Link #9750
kevs926

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Fault!! S
http://vndb.org/v10392 the exact same picture

yeah ur right, thanks
kevs926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 01:16   Link #9751
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Okay so this one is a bit vague, but it's been stuck in my head for god knows how long now.

From what I can remember, it was shown as a pre-movie commercial at my local Hacienda movie theatre (which is really big, so they don't just put any commercial in, if that's any help on information concerning the popularity of whatever series this may be). It depicted several things, but it seemed very movie-like (the animation quality was phenomenal) and was dominated by the appearance of this large white mecha (IIRC).

It was not the Nirvash from Eureka 7, I know that for sure. It was not Gundam, and it was not Evangelion. I can't remember exactly what the series was being advertised for (though judging by quality, again, I believe it to be a movie or OVA) and it may or may not have been in English.

Anyone know what this series is?
Old 2012-09-28, 02:19   Link #9752
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Okay so this one is a bit vague, but it's been stuck in my head for god knows how long now.

From what I can remember, it was shown as a pre-movie commercial at my local Hacienda movie theatre (which is really big, so they don't just put any commercial in, if that's any help on information concerning the popularity of whatever series this may be). It depicted several things, but it seemed very movie-like (the animation quality was phenomenal) and was dominated by the appearance of this large white mecha (IIRC).

It was not the Nirvash from Eureka 7, I know that for sure. It was not Gundam, and it was not Evangelion. I can't remember exactly what the series was being advertised for (though judging by quality, again, I believe it to be a movie or OVA) and it may or may not have been in English.

Maybe Macross Frontier?; it had a few movies and one of the main mecha was white.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 02:19   Link #9753
Slick_rick

Quote:

Sounds like it could be "Rahxephon" from the description.
Old 2012-09-28, 06:24   Link #9754
Revan21

Quote:

It could be Patlabor as well
Old 2012-09-28, 07:10   Link #9755
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Could also be the ARX-7 Arbalest from Full Metal Panic!

The Second Raid's animation was beautiful.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 10:36   Link #9756
Rahan

What year ? What country ?

Since it was in a movie theatre, I assume it was a movie trailer ? (unless in your country, you have sometimes advertisement for animes in theatres ? Sorry never heard of a "Hacienda Theatre", so I don't know where you are from)

Anyways, Patlabor is also my most likely choice.

Patlabor WXIII (or 3) came out in 2002 in Japan, had a limited release in NYC and was shown in several festivals around the world in 2003 and 2004.
The mecha is definitely white, but I am not sure it would stand out in the trailer. Patlabor has an unique take on the mechas. Most of them are civilians and are tools to be used by the workers or the police. It's not a war show unlike most mechas shows.

Rahxephon also has a very white mecha, and had a movie come out in 2003. It's not listed on IMDB, so I don't know in what countries it came out.

Older than that, you have Escaflowne, with a white mecha wearing a badass cape and wielding a giant sword. (it's a mecha show in a medfan setting). The TV series is from 96 and a movie came out in 2000. It had a limited release in the USA in 2002.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 11:06   Link #9757
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Can someone tell me who's the character besides Tatsuya?

Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 11:08   Link #9758
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
If you're referring to the guy in the glasses that'll be Shizuo Heiwajima a character from Durarara.
Old 2012-09-28, 11:17   Link #9759
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Yep. It says Durarara but have been ages after I did watch its anime, so I forgot all the plot

Thanks!
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:32   Link #9760
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
What year ? What country ?

Since it was in a movie theatre, I assume it was a movie trailer ? (unless in your country, you have sometimes advertisement for animes in theatres ? Sorry never heard of a "Hacienda Theatre", so I don't know where you are from)

Anyways, Patlabor is also my most likely choice.

Patlabor WXIII (or 3) came out in 2002 in Japan, had a limited release in NYC and was shown in several festivals around the world in 2003 and 2004.
The mecha is definitely white, but I am not sure it would stand out in the trailer. Patlabor has an unique take on the mechas. Most of them are civilians and are tools to be used by the workers or the police. It's not a war show unlike most mechas shows.

Rahxephon also has a very white mecha, and had a movie come out in 2003. It's not listed on IMDB, so I don't know in what countries it came out.

Older than that, you have Escaflowne, with a white mecha wearing a badass cape and wielding a giant sword. (it's a mecha show in a medfan setting). The TV series is from 96 and a movie came out in 2000. It had a limited release in the USA in 2002.
Definitely within the years I attended high school, so within the range of 2008-2012, gravitating towards 2010/2011. The Hacienda Crossings theater is in the Californian Bay Area in the US.

So far Patlabor doesn't seem to be it, and Rahxephon isn't bringing up any memories either. And Escaflowne has too old graphics to match the ones I remember. FYI, the type of animation was very "new-style" with brighter colors and less edginess.

Another thing I remembered about the trailer was that one of the mecha was at one point "open-topped" or that the piloting seat had no roof or surrounding structure.

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel