AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-11, 16:22   Link #1641
kivredia

Ugh, why would they do that. She was more than fine before, never understood this stupid "upgrading" which sometimes occurs.

On another note, every time I see someone mentioning how useless Kon is in combat in the anime thread(and that it is also a running joke) I just have a huge grin on my face.

Soon, very soon. Just a little more patience.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 16:25   Link #1642
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Ugh, why would they do that. She was more than fine before, never understood this stupid "upgrading" which sometimes occurs.

On another note, every time I see someone mentioning how useless Kon is in combat in the anime thread(and that it is also a running joke) I just have a huge grin on my face.

Speaking of Kon, can someone tell me what the hell she was even doing when Harutora was going berserk and afterwards when Shidou appeared?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 16:39   Link #1643
coded321
He Who Games

There is one thing in not sure about. Since harutora and natsume were switched within the family, does that mean natsume's parents are actually harutora's parents and vice versa? Or do i just have this completely confused?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 16:51   Link #1644
Used Can

Who knows? It seems we'll be getting the truth about that, or at least a hint, on the next volume.
Old 2014-03-11, 16:51   Link #1645
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
There is one thing in not sure about. Since harutora and natsume were switched within the family, does that mean natsume's parents are actually harutora's parents and vice versa? Or do i just have this completely confused?
It's unknown who are Natsume's real parents. Judging from what I read in the novel spoilers, there has never been any confirmation that Harutora's parents are actually Natsume's biological parents.

Considering the short synopsis of volume 11 that was posted some time ago in this thread, we might be given some information / hints on this topic, when the next light novel volume is going to be released.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 16:54   Link #1646
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Well, it's not canon so there is that.
Quote:

Frankly, the anime made Kon a lot weaker than she actually is with too many comedy bits they inserted. =/

it was much more balanced in manga, but yeah the next two episodes will make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Speaking of Kon, can someone tell me what the hell she was even doing when Harutora was going berserk and afterwards when Shidou appeared?
Looks she just resting after Harutora's spiritual power went haywire, their both connected spiritually remember?

Quote:
Only Yasuzumi was confirmed as Harutora's father. Nothing was said about Natsume other then her being a body double/substitute.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-11 at 20:27.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 17:41   Link #1647
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well, it's not canon so there is that.

Frankly, the anime made Kon a lot weaker than she actually is with too many comedy bits they inserted. =/

it was much more balanced in manga, but yeah the next two episodes will make up for it.

Looks she just resting after Harutora's spiritual power went haywire, their both connected spiritually remember?

Oh Yasuzumi was confirmed as Harutora's father. Nothing was said about Natsume other then her being a body double/substitute.
Oh, yeah, but damn she's shown herself to be pretty reliable in times of emotional crisis in this episode. Did we skip Ohtomo's sunglasses lesson?
Old 2014-03-11, 17:58   Link #1648
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ I think there's a high chance that Harutora's foster parents are Natsume's biological parents. ^^

My reasoning is based on these points I've been observing:

- It's be damn easier to swap children instead of finding someone else child.

- Chizuru should be pregnant before she gave birth. Unless no one saw her for 9 months before Natsume and Harutora were born, having someone not pregnant suddenly have child is unlikely.

- They'd have a hard time trying to find a child who'd be as talented as Natsume outside their clan.

- I don't think they'd trust outsiders to be accomplice in such a plan. Like point 1, such an important secret is better kept among themselves.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 18:48   Link #1649
setsuna86

Quote:
Yes, as for the confirmation, you shoud watch again ep 21; the part where the supposed mother of Harutora cried when Yasuzumi told her that Natsume died.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 18:50   Link #1650
noctis_lucis

I also think Chizuru and Takahiro are Nastume's parents; however if they aren´t her parents well I think it's likely that they were other members of Tsuchimikado main and branch families that now are dead.

Also Natsume is a Tsuchimikado because when she unsealed Harutora in her spell called upon his spiritual ancestor the great Abe no Semei, so I think that's a proof she's a Tsuchimikado.
Old 2014-03-11, 18:52   Link #1651
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The one who did that design forgot about the leggings.
Was just thinking that. The lack of leggings or alternate color skirt (like Suzuka) makes her look quite lewd.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 18:55   Link #1652
BW95
Banned

Isn't the Raven Coat supposed to be based on Yatagarasu? But it only had two legs. Did the studio screw up again?
Old 2014-03-11, 19:07   Link #1653
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Isn't the Raven Coat supposed to be based on Yatagarasu? But it only had two legs. Did the studio screw up again?
Yeah, LN described Raven Coat as having three legs in its raven form.
Old 2014-03-11, 19:55   Link #1654
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Yes, as for the confirmation, you shoud watch again ep 21; the part where the supposed mother of Harutora cried when Yasuzumi told her that Natsume died.
That doesn't really confirm anything though. Chizuru was essentially an aunt to Natsume and spent years with her. Even they were not family by blood, they are by bond. So her action there isn't strange under the circumstances.
Old 2014-03-11, 20:01   Link #1655
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That doesn't really confirm anything though. Chizuru was essentially an aunt to Natsume and spent years with her. Even they were not family by blood, they are by bond. So her action there isn't strange under the circumstances.
It's not confirmation, but it's a powerful indication, I think. Not to mention, Natsume-as-Hokuto behaved a lot like Chizuru, plus there's the parallel with Kon/Hishamaru as well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 20:21   Link #1656
Iron Maw
Banned

Oh yeah, I won't deny that. But it's nothing set in stone which is what I'm trying to say. I don't want to discourage speculation or anything.
Old 2014-03-12, 00:08   Link #1657
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

It makes the most logical sense because if you think about Hokuto is a familiar that is only supposed to be used by the main family. Natsume already had problems with the shikigami, a non-Tsuchimikado person trying to control Hokuto? Very unlikely. Also I don't think you can just find a baby with high spiritual power anywhere. Someone would notice if a baby like that is missing.

I wonder what Miyachi's end game is.
Old 2014-03-12, 09:40   Link #1658
Chris38

Volume 5 Story 4 is out on BT
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 09:50   Link #1659
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Volume 5 Story 4 is out on BT
Thank you so much for always informing us
Old 2014-03-12, 09:55   Link #1660
BW95
Banned

Oh My God. This is the one where Harutora gets sick and a yandere kicks in!

Last edited by BW95; 2014-03-12 at 11:50.

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural