AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-01-17, 19:55   Link #4401
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't remember that friend of his either. Maybe he wasn't introduced in the manga until now? But there are quite a few things that happened that I don't remember.

I know it was already mentioned, but that scene where Ludociel said he isn't into dudes made me laugh too.
Old 2019-01-22, 20:38   Link #4402
Hakai

That was a good entrance from Mael.

Escanor is only lending him the Grace, but I don't know if I should be happy since he flat out said he doesn't have enough life left to handle sunshine anymore...

So The Sinner is slowly perishing, makes sense since it'd be weird if they could just fuse back and go against the punishment without any consequences.

Next chapter title is Mael vs Zeldris

Zeldris... He's getting his ass kicked again isn't he
Old 2019-01-23, 05:56   Link #4403
TommyG

Chandlers darkness was strong enough to shift the one back to small escanor while Mael with sun demolished the sinners darkness, the difference in power with sun is going to be awesome to see, if Zeldris survives this I'll be amazed.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-23, 06:37   Link #4404
SilverGlavenus

So Ludoshel managed to injure The Sinner ??? I suppose in the past the two Indra forms caught him by surprise.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-23, 12:22   Link #4405
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ludociel seems a lot more powerful now. I guess he was holding back when he was inside Margaret (this sounds so wrong ) or she just wasn't a good enough vessel for him to be able to use his full powers.

Mael's entrance was awesome. Zeldris shouldn't look so smug, he's about to get destroyed.
Old 2019-01-23, 14:05   Link #4406
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

I kinda feel sad about Escanor . The most badass character of this series gives his power to another one and admits he hasnt much left to live . At least I hope he gets Merlin or he will be the most screwed character of this series
Old 2019-01-23, 20:40   Link #4407
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
I kinda feel sad about Escanor . The most badass character of this series gives his power to another one and admits he hasnt much left to live . At least I hope he gets Merlin or he will be the most screwed character of this series
"Lends", not "Gives". Honestly, Escanor still has a chance, considering how Mael keeps saying how he does not deserve the Grace again. Maybe after all this is done, Mael and Elizabeth will find a way to pass the Sunshine to Escanor, while maintaining his life.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 11:22   Link #4408
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I hope so too. I wonder if Escanor could somehow become an angel himself? If he's no longer a human, he could hold the Grace without it shortening his life. Or maybe Elizabeth and Mael will find another way, so that he can maintain his humanity while keeping the Grace and also not die from it.

Why are we assuming that Meliodas coming out as the Demon King now would be bad? Even the Sins believe that. Didn't even the emotionless Meliodas only want to become the Demon King so he could use that power to break the curse on Elizabeth? He might give the Commandments to Zeldoris after that anyway. And Zeldoris himself also told Merlin before that Meliodas only wants to break the curse on Elizabeth. Did she just not believe it? Or is this related to Elizabeth saying before that if Meliodas does this, she may never see him again?
Old 2019-01-24, 11:28   Link #4409
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Why are we assuming that Meliodas coming out as the Demon King now would be bad? Even the Sins believe that. Didn't even the emotionless Meliodas only want to become the Demon King so he could use that power to break the curse on Elizabeth? He might give the Commandments to Zeldoris after that anyway. And Zeldoris himself also told Merlin before that Meliodas only wants to break the curse on Elizabeth. Did she just not believe it? Or is this related to Elizabeth saying before that if Meliodas does this, she may never see him again?
Yeah I said this before as well(not here, on another place) that they should just let him become the new DK and break the curse. Especially when they don't have a back up plan to save Eli. His DK power could be dealt with once the curse is lifted.

Even if it's Emotionless Mel he said he doesn't want to kill the sins so he wouldn't just attack everyone unless they get in his way.
Old 2019-01-24, 11:47   Link #4410
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Exactly. So they should just let it happen. I'm worried about what's going to happen now. Where's Emotion Meliodas? Shouldn't he be back by now?
Old 2019-01-24, 11:52   Link #4411
Hakai

Quote:
Exactly. So they should just let it happen. I'm worried about what's going to happen now. Where's Emotion Meliodas? Shouldn't he be back by now?
But Emotionless Mel did say he feels nothing right now so it'd probably be really hard to convince him to give up the DK power.
With Emo Mel coming back it's getting hard to predict where Nakaba is going with this.

Is he gonna fuse with the real body no problem(doubt that, it'll be too easy).
Manifest separately in the real world or maybe he'll have to fight Emotionless Mel in his mind/mental world.
Old 2019-01-24, 12:01   Link #4412
marvelB

Well, I'm still a little disappointed that Escanor's bowing out of the battle, but it's not exactly unexpected, either. Now it's time for Mael to prove to the OG Demon why he was once known as the mightiest of the archangels....

And yeah, I was also a little surprised that Ludoshel was capable of wounding the OG Demon, when Escanor couldn't (of course, he was no longer at his peak by that point, but still). Though, with that being said, the demon's ability to get stronger the closer he is to dying is pretty dang hardcore. Let's hope Mael can put an end to that guy before even he becomes overwhelmed, yeah?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 12:02   Link #4413
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think the problem they have with Meliodas becoming the DK is that he won't be able to remain in the human world and he won't be able to give up his powers (would be really convenient otherwise). So if he becomes the DK, they lose him.

I'm aware Mael was a special case, but it's also possible the commandments are going to corrupt Meliodas like they did with him.
Old 2019-01-24, 12:54   Link #4414
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That makes sense. Though maybe the Commandments only did that to Mael because he's an angel. Maybe a demon would be able to control them better.

@Hakai: Yeah, I'm also wondering what will happen when Emotion Meliodas comes back. Will he go straight back into his physical body and get Meliodas back to normal, or will he either manifest outside the body or just inside the mental world where he has to fight Demon King/Emotionless Meliodas?

But if Emotion Meliodas has to fight the Emotionless one, wouldn't he need more power or maybe some help? Emotionless Meliodas is way more powerful, right? Especially if it's after absorbing the ten Commandments?
Old 2019-01-24, 16:18   Link #4415
Hakai

Quote:
That makes sense. Though maybe the Commandments only did that to Mael because he's an angel. Maybe a demon would be able to control them better.

@Hakai: Yeah, I'm also wondering what will happen when Emotion Meliodas comes back. Will he go straight back into his physical body and get Meliodas back to normal, or will he either manifest outside the body or just inside the mental world where he has to fight Demon King/Emotionless Meliodas?

But if Emotion Meliodas has to fight the Emotionless one, wouldn't he need more power or maybe some help? Emotionless Meliodas is way more powerful, right? Especially if it's after absorbing the ten Commandments?
According Monspeet anyone other than Meliodas and Zeldris trying to absorb more than one commandment would be destroyed. That kinda implies the brothers are suitable hosts. Not to mention the Original Demon once had half of DK's power and he actually rebelled against him.
Still a possibility but unlikely imo(Mel's personality being changed by the commandments).

While Emotion Mel is weaker his innate magic did nuke DK's arm so he could still be a threat to 10 commandments Mel. Though DK Mel should have that magic as well... Unless he can't use it because of fusing with half of his father's power or some other reason(doesn't sound like good writing but Nakaba could do it, to restrict DK Mel).
Old 2019-01-24, 18:10   Link #4416
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Zeldoris and Meliodas being the only demons who wouldn't be destroyed by absorbing more than one Commandment is the reason why I thought Meliodas' personality shouldn't change from it either. But I guess we'll see when it comes to that.

Of course the brothers would be suitable hosts, though. As their father's children. Meliodas was chosen as the next Demon King, too. So yeah, it wouldn't make much sense for them to not be suitable hosts since one of them has to inherit all of that power anyway.

As for Demon King Meliodas not being able to use his original magic because of his father's power. Yeah, that really would be bad writing. I hope Nakaba doesn't go that route just to restrict him.
Old 2019-01-27, 01:34   Link #4417
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't think it's a bad move where they are going with Mael right now...but I just don't feel any excitement about him taking to the fight. He's just not Escanor. It's a guy that I don't personally care that much about fighting someone that also doesn't really matter. The demon needs to be beaten, but he's not so much a character as an obstacle. Just purely on a selfish level I want to see Escanor being awesome.

Oh well. Let's see where the story goes outside of that. There is going to be movement with the soul of Meliodas coming back. That will be a bit more interesting.
Old 2019-01-27, 10:15   Link #4418
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I do want Escanor to shine more, but right now is not his time. He's already at a point where he can't do much and using the "Sunshine" grace would just shorten his life more, so it's better to leave it to the original owner of the grace.
Old 2019-01-27, 13:27   Link #4419
XFire
150% done

So I guess I'm the only one happy that Escanor's borderline Sue invincibility has finally been broken

The guy beat Mel and Zeldris by himself, if he actually won here too then everyone else would be pointless.
Old 2019-01-27, 13:35   Link #4420
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I do want Escanor to shine more, but right now is not his time. He's already at a point where he can't do much and using the "Sunshine" grace would just shorten his life more, so it's better to leave it to the original owner of the grace.
That's not much of an issue though. Much like suddenly that magic being harmful for Escanor the story can just randomly pull an excuse for that not to be a problem anymore. The story currently seems oddly focused on making the title characters back off. Ban's just been AWOL since he had his great scene with Elaine. Who knows where Meliodas' soul is right now. Escanor is de-powered. The only one who's made gains during this is King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So I guess I'm the only one happy that Escanor's borderline Sue invincibility has finally been broken

The guy beat Mel and Zeldris by himself, if he actually won here too then everyone else would be pointless.
What is the actual difference if Mael just does it? One other person using the exact same magic is doing the exact same thing.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2019-01-27 at 13:45.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen