3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-31, 15:51   Link #81
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Actually, I think they need to be active to be detected.

It's sort of like the ruins. They're just a bunch of rocks when not active.
We'll see. I hope Mirage, Arad and Chuck are Var-free. We already have one drama in the team.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 16:06   Link #82
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
So you're saying they should exterminate human species because humans experiment on them (those are humans)? Windermere get their var from ruins water and apples.
No, I just want to see it happen from a purely schadenfreude point of view. Just so something somewhere can shove their funny superiority complex into a place where the sun don't shine.

As for exterminating humanity, the Vajara came very, very close to it in Frontier.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 17:44   Link #83
Wandering Soul

Last scene between Messer and Freyja was well done. Just goes to show that sometimes you can get the advice you need to hear from the most unexpected of places. Hopefully that advice didn't raise any death flags for either one of them.
Old 2016-05-31, 17:50   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Last scene between Messer and Freyja was well done. Just goes to show that sometimes you can get the advice you need to hear from the most unexpected of places. Hopefully that advice didn't raise any death flags for either one of them.
Here's hoping. Be nice if it was just a good bit of advice from an unlikely source.

Feels like Messer could stay for a good while since he's a good test subject for any attempts to permanently deal with those who have been suffered from Var in the past and are susceptible to relapse.

Hopefully can take that tip to live more in the present.
Old 2016-06-01, 01:50   Link #85
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

It's funny how the more they show Mirage and Hayate acting platonic, the harder I ship them. Like seriously, Freyja is the only one showing any romantic interest in the main triangle, but I'm just adoring how Mirage and Hayate just go on about their daily lives together as best buddies. XD

Needs more Arad though. Looks like Kaname is really into Messer... but not if Keith has anything to say to it! Messer the only one able to arouse Keith's rune has doujin written all over it.

As for the idol part of the show, I loved their poses when they started singing this show's song. As for the actual singing, Junna won this round, sorry Freyja. Well at least your singing still is better than Kaname's, which IMO was just uninspiring (like WTF Messer, this is the voice that saved you? lol)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 02:26   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
...sorry Freyja. Well at least your singing still is better than Kaname's, which IMO was just uninspiring (like WTF Messer, this is the voice that saved you? lol)
Dude, men have their own tastes, even subconsciously .
Old 2016-06-01, 02:34   Link #87
Arya

Letting aside her character, speaking of singing, Mikumo always stands out by a wide margin for me. They did a pretty good job choosing her VA. Kaname comes as a far second. But I can see why she is not leader material (no one but Mikumo tbh). But she has this cozy vibe sort of (kinda like Hisomu from Kiznavier) that for its nature doesn't fit well with being the front leader of a music group. This vibe was straightened by her initial call to Messer that also felt quite concerned.

So basically Chuck and Mirage can be affected by the Var syndrome. mmm, they are the last wagon wheels. So they can't improve much from the point they are in term of skills. And the only option for Mirage to get better is by sync with Hayate. Considering that they couldn't take down Messer, three vs. one, I'd be a bit concerned as their captain too. But at least Hayate can be boosted when needed, if we ever will get some serious fight.

Well, if anything at least all Mirage outfits are awesome
But seriously, I don't want to see her going into Var mode!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 04:21   Link #88
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for the idol part of the show, I loved their poses when they started singing this show's song. As for the actual singing, Junna won this round, sorry Freyja. Well at least your singing still is better than Kaname's, which IMO was just uninspiring (like WTF Messer, this is the voice that saved you? lol)
In all honesty I think Junna wins most rounds other than that one time she sang the first half of our Battlefield unaccompanied. It was a tad weaker than Frejya's singer but once it gets to the meat of things Junna tends to blow everyone out of the water.

It's weird too cus I think in the song showcased in the prev two episodes (forgot the name, the freyja/hayate powerup song) she actually sang way better unaccompanied while Freyja's version was really...off?

I'm okay with how Kaname's seiyuu is going with her singing. It was fitting to the context they were putting up- though iunno...the bracelet song actually sounds pretty cute (no final judgments on it though cus it was pretty quiet + just a snippet) so i do hope it comes back properly in the future.

I'm...still not all that convinced about the Hayate/Freyja situation. I feel like the worry sort of came out of nowhere since she seemed fine about them talking it out alone a few episodes prior. I guess it can be argued that she's finally starting to notice? But in the midst of everyone and the show pushing it I stay sort of ambivalent. Things are too easy for me to be interested. I'm just waiting for that to change.

With Mirage...I like Mirage more in general (still) but I don't particularly care for shipping either. I just want her to have more character development...whether or not we have to deal with romance really doesn't matter to me because........

....Keith/Messer/Kaname/Arad is absolutely slaying me.
I loved this episode. Messer's backstory was semi predictable but I loved it nonetheless because the build up for him over the last couple of episodes in regards to it has been really logical. I also love how Kaname, despite being designed to be the less impressive character and considers herself a supporter leader because she doesn't have what it takes to be center is actually the one who affected him so much.

She's fast become my favorite Walkure (Even if Mikumo is still glorious).

I like that Keith basically has a hard on for Messer and Arad is...Arad. I'm guessing we get more of him next?

I would like more of this sandwich please X3
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 04:35   Link #89
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
I'm...still not all that convinced about the Hayate/Freyja situation. I feel like the worry sort of came out of nowhere since she seemed fine about them talking it out alone a few episodes prior. I guess it can be argued that she's finally starting to notice?
Could be a consequence of the resonance. You'll be jealous if your resonance buddy is doing nasty stuff with someone else, because of their bond (being in sync may transfers er... sensations). I'm not feeling the romantic triangle, honestly. I love Freyja-Hayate relationship but I don't want it to be romantic, and frankly Mirage interactions in general are really boring for me to care. I really hope they do something to make her more engaging if she'll get more screentime (she will, right?). She was only fun in the episode Hayate puked.

Messer's "love" polygon is great. I'm not sure if Arad is part of a triangle (he strikes me as someone who is trying to hook Messer with Kaname, by his reactions). It seems that the bridge bunnies are like a parody of shippers who search for clues of "romance" in the wrong places (they are sitting together and talking about job: look at all that UST, when will they date? Or two people are having a serious, non-romantic conversation about their superior: they are lovers!).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 07:24   Link #90
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Best episode so far, for me. Loved Kaname's part in it (all of her, actually, and Messer's story was pitch perfect, almost) - and the start of the shenanigans of the love polygons. More, please.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 08:20   Link #91
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

By-the-by, since I was trying to figure out how to understand the concept of "fold receptors" and how they relate to fold bacteria and fold waves, I decided to look up this line (@02:53):

And got this instead:
The Var Syndrome is likely caused when the fold bacteria that are living
parasitically in a person's cells transmit and amplify intense emotions through
hyperspace
, making the individual behave violently.

(Japanese if anyone wants to check:『ヴァールシンドロームとは細胞内に寄生したフォールド細菌が強烈な感情を亜空間を通じて伝播 ・増幅させ人間を凶暴化させる現象だと考えられています』)

Taking that as the hypothesis of the scientists working with Chaos at the moment, how do we explain Messer in this episode?

He went Var without Heinz transmitting those intense emotions (the ones that Reina last episode described as feeling "sharp" and "painful")... Does that mean that they can amplify the intense emotions that an 'infected' individual him/herself has, which means that any intense emotion can potentially cause them to go crazy, as happened to Messer when trying to fight Keith? And does that mean that Messer has been trying to stay out of any situation that would give him such intense emotions, which might be why he keeps refusing Kaname's invitations?

c.f. these previous comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
I think Messer try to avoid Kaname from her advancement despite he (I think) in love with her is to spared her from sadness and despair as he still has Vars and knew one day he most likely die either from his enemies or his allies when he went full Vars and Delta have to kill him
I think it's not n the way far simpler than that. Messer owe Kaname huge dept and that's why he rejects her kindness, because he would end owe her even more. I guess it's akin to "Lady and Knight" situation, where "knight" (Messer) is too loyal and honorable to have any "inpure" feelings toward his mistress.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2016-06-01 at 09:21.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 09:55   Link #92
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Maybe Mirage needs to call her aunt Emilia for some help on that singing .
Or Mirage can sing by her own lol.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 10:52   Link #93
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
As fun as seeing Mirage sing would be, I'd rather she improve her piloting skills. As the show addressed, having the Jenius name while being an average pilot is hurting her.
Old 2016-06-01, 10:54   Link #94
Karutaku

Quote:
Yeah, we need more singing pilots

While I think casting Seto Asami as Mirage's seiyuu just for her voice and acting is a good decision, it'll be a waste not to take advantage of her singing ability too.
Karutaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 10:59   Link #95
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That.......can probably work .
Old 2016-06-01, 11:12   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
As fun as seeing Mirage sing would be, I'd rather she improve her piloting skills. As the show addressed, having the Jenius name while being an average pilot is hurting her.
Yeah, that's probably the more important thing for her right now. The stress of having her name while not being a great pilot is going to continue bothering her. Though I don't think she will or should become a god-tier pilot, being a fairly skilled one would be good.

All the more so if Messer needs to be grounded for the time being. Think they can hardly send him up right now if he's losing it every single time and it's only getting harder to stay in control.
Old 2016-06-01, 11:53   Link #97
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karutaku View Post
Yeah, we need more singing pilots

While I think casting Seto Asami as Mirage's seiyuu just for her voice and acting is a good decision, it'll be a waste not to take advantage of her singing ability too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That.......can probably work .
JENIUS SISTERS, UNITE!!!

In the name of the Moon Rock... ... ... (vocal: Mylene, guitar: Emilia, dancer: Mirage)

Speaking of which, do the Jeniuses have any male descendants?

Watch Delta pulls a Hayate, you are Mirage's cousin at the last moment.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 11:56   Link #98
Tenzen12

I think she does really well in H-M tag team and I wouldn't be surprised if she learn lot of stuff even when fighting on their own. If nothing else she probably became lot of more flexible already.
Old 2016-06-01, 13:00   Link #99
kuromitsu

Quote:
Messer's "love" polygon is great. I'm not sure if Arad is part of a triangle (he strikes me as someone who is trying to hook Messer with Kaname, by his reactions).
I don't know, there was that scene when Kaname invited Arad for nekokurage. She saw Arad & Messer walking, but she invited Arad first, and then was like "you should come, too" to Messer. I mean sure, she wouldn't have invited Messer if she wanted a date with Arad (unless she knew that Messer would decline anyway ), but it could point to her having a thing for Arad. Or maybe she doesn't and it was just so that Messer could interpret it as "she wants to go with Arad and was just polite with me, I have no chance, I shouldn't even hope~"

(Personally I'd be totally up for Arad/Kaname/Messer...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 14:03   Link #100
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Could be a consequence of the resonance. You'll be jealous if your resonance buddy is doing nasty stuff with someone else, because of their bond (being in sync may transfers er... sensations). I'm not feeling the romantic triangle, honestly. I love Freyja-Hayate relationship but I don't want it to be romantic, and frankly Mirage interactions in general are really boring for me to care. I really hope they do something to make her more engaging if she'll get more screentime (she will, right?). She was only fun in the episode Hayate puked.
I can understand that I guess. I just feel like it's a cliched scene I've seen far too many times before, only in most shows they go pretty all in with it (whereas this was kind of a throwaway). I'm not...entirely complaining since it meant I got more of the other story in return- but it's very "we need this sort of scene to happen cus that's what happens with shows that have romance".

Quote:
Messer's "love" polygon is great. I'm not sure if Arad is part of a triangle (he strikes me as someone who is trying to hook Messer with Kaname, by his reactions). It seems that the bridge bunnies are like a parody of shippers who search for clues of "romance" in the wrong places (they are sitting together and talking about job: look at all that UST, when will they date? Or two people are having a serious, non-romantic conversation about their superior: they are lovers!).
I hope Arad is. The deeper Messer's frown the better LMAO

Even better if I get a Messer harem. At this point I ship Keith x Messer, Messer x Kaname, Kaname x Arad and Arad x Messer SOOOOO anything is fine for me lalalalalalalalalala
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote