AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-16, 06:37   Link #1401
tritoch

I wouldn't mind if Yamato ended up with Miki.
Old 2006-11-16, 07:41   Link #1402
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I REALLY don't mind if Yamato ended up with Miki.
Old 2006-11-16, 23:46   Link #1403
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmamiYui View Post
Typhoon Saki vs Hurricane Suzuka, coming soon to a chapter near you. An unstoppable force meets an immovable object and Wonderboy gets caught in between. It won't be pretty, but watching the end results of this would be entertaining.
Hehehe... that's interesting.

Somehow the mangka has been able to catch my eye just a bit.
Old 2006-11-17, 03:21   Link #1404
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
So just having seen the translated version of chp 128 i must say that if Yamato doesn't go to Toudai he would have to be the biggest retard ever.

Spoiler for reasoning::

Also Suzuka's new way of acting should be sending off all sorts of alarm bells in Yamato's head. She's making me wonder where exactly she's hiding the butcher's cleaver and which limb she's going to remove first...
I like your reasoning, but unless the title of this manga changes, or the mangaka really surprises me ( ), he'll go with Suzuka.
Old 2006-11-17, 09:55   Link #1405
Arkhan

I don't know why most of you are surprised that Yamato is so dumb-ass. He's the typical main male character from romance mangas. I think that the real difference between Suzuka and the other mangas (and the main reason I like it better than the others) is in the girls and their attitudes towards Yamato. They still follow the deredere and tsundere archetypes, but they are less plain than female characters from other series. Maybe there's only a subtle difference, but it's enough to keep me reading the manga.

Btw, searching for another "special" romance manga I've run into Pastel. After reading the first chapter it's sooooo evident that is the result of recycling Parallel story and characters... Could anyone tell me if it's worth reading the rest of the manga?
Old 2006-11-17, 11:04   Link #1406
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
Btw, searching for another "special" romance manga I've run into Pastel. After reading the first chapter it's sooooo evident that is the result of recycling Parallel story and characters... Could anyone tell me if it's worth reading the rest of the manga?
I like the pastel story but it has higher level of fanservice compared to suzuka. I initially dont appreciate it since there's too much fanservice but the story kept my interest and thus I'm following it. It's now running up to volume 14 and I'm collecting them mainly because of the story. The story wasnt bad, since it has more definite resolution in the pairing. Although the character only confess to the girl in volume 14. As usual it all depend on your taste, some people follow it , some dont. It certainly not as popular as suzuka, the chapter runs once a month.

I read parallel, all I can say is, in my opinion, the author didnt recycle parallel, I find pastel alot better than parallel, both in characters and story development.

I remember there's a thread for pastel manga though it's not actively discussed. Perhaps you can try and get some opinion there as well. Better keep this thread for suzuka.
Old 2006-11-17, 22:50   Link #1407
S h i n n

they're acting like if nothing happened, and when he tried to confess to Honoka even after seeing suzuka, I was starting to think that he become a little smart...
but he didn't...after I saw that last page in ch128, I won't be surprised if he confess to her again...
Old 2006-11-17, 23:24   Link #1408
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S h i n n View Post
they're acting like if nothing happened, and when he tried to confess to Honoka even after seeing suzuka, I was starting to think that he become a little smart...
but he didn't...
My thoughts exactly. I was kinda hoping things would be different this time around, but so far it doesn't seem that way at all...
Old 2006-11-17, 23:59   Link #1409
LCeh

I hope he goes to Saki's school and not Suzuka, that way it leaves room for Suzuka to pursue him, and makes thing much more interesting then once again having Wonderboy follow wherever Suzuka goes.
Old 2006-11-18, 06:45   Link #1410
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S h i n n View Post
they're acting like if nothing happened
Thats probably the only way Suzuka can suppress her feelings for the time being. Going to the same school as Yamato could be the only way she'll come to sense about her feelings.

You know what'll make this the best manga ever - if Suzuzka does the confessing. <3
Old 2006-11-18, 08:49   Link #1411
S h i n n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thats probably the only way Suzuka can suppress her feelings for the time being. Going to the same school as Yamato could be the only way she'll come to sense about her feelings.<3
maybe, but would be interesting to see they in separate schools....for a change...
Quote:
You know what'll make this the best manga ever - if Suzuzka does the confessing.
this would really be great...
Old 2006-11-18, 10:06   Link #1412
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't know which college he's going to go to -- with Suzuka and the sempai would be better for his track -- but I'm certain Suzuka is going to confess.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-18, 11:51   Link #1413
hi no ken Jebus

Well at least this week my favorite character shows up

Spoiler for ch 129:
Old 2006-11-18, 12:19   Link #1414
aikming

Touto has Saki and Arima while Seijou has Suzuka and Kinugasa. ??????
Old 2006-11-18, 12:48   Link #1415
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And that is why Yamato decided to stop studying after high school.
Old 2006-11-18, 14:47   Link #1416
Fury

well even if he wanted to go to the same school as suzuka he couldnt because he made that promise with saki before he even knew what school suzuka was going to
Old 2006-11-18, 15:17   Link #1417
tritoch

Well, they can do track together if their school competes.. so yes, Yamato can kill two birds with one stone =p
Old 2006-11-19, 14:49   Link #1418
AnbuItachi

even though the title is suzuka and the cover page is suzuka it might end differently. look at what happened in ichigo 100% even though the name isn't her name
Old 2006-11-19, 16:06   Link #1419
Kazu-kun

And Saki, a character who has appeared almost at the end of the manga would get Yamato? Yeah, right!
It would be a professional suicide if Seo goes that way.

If it was Honoka, a non-Suzuka ending would be possible, but I think she's already out of the picture.
Old 2006-11-19, 20:39   Link #1420
Firestorm10
One Shot of the Awesome

Seo's just using Saki's character to add a little edge for the finale.
Closed Thread