AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-21, 10:08   Link #1441
Ronbo

If you remember what happens in KGNE it’s easy to understand how events can sometimes lead up to two people getting together for a one night stand where under normal circumstances they would not have even considered it.

A while back Yamato sent a message to Suzuka that consisted of just one word, “Thanks”. If at the time she received this message she was emotionally vulnerable she could very easily have turned to Arima for support and knowing the type of person that Arima is he would have had no qualms about taking advantage of the situation. If it wasn’t Arima that took advantage of her then I can only assume that it was Arima who accidentally saw it taking place and knowing this Suzuka is trying very hard to create the proper atmosphere where she can tell Yamato before he finds out for himself from Arima.

The words from KGNE still ring loud and true for any one trying to forget a regrettable encounter.
“It could have been anyone, Why did it have to be you?”
Old 2006-11-21, 11:18   Link #1442
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
If you remember what happens in KGNE it’s easy to understand how events can sometimes lead up to two people getting together for a one night stand where under normal circumstances they would not have even considered it.

A while back Yamato sent a message to Suzuka that consisted of just one word, “Thanks”. If at the time she received this message she was emotionally vulnerable she could very easily have turned to Arima for support and knowing the type of person that Arima is he would have had no qualms about taking advantage of the situation. If it wasn’t Arima that took advantage of her then I can only assume that it was Arima who accidentally saw it taking place and knowing this Suzuka is trying very hard to create the proper atmosphere where she can tell Yamato before he finds out for himself from Arima.

The words from KGNE still ring loud and true for any one trying to forget a regrettable encounter.
“It could have been anyone, Why did it have to be you?”
Well that is definitely true for some people, but I don't think Suzuka is like that. She is the type of person who, when hurt emotionally, will just shut off all emotion and become the ice queen as we have seen many times in the manga. Her opening up emotionally to a guy she hates in a 1-night stand is completely out of her character IMO Even if Arima tried to comfort her and take advantage of her, I don't see Suzuka even given him the time of day in the first place.

However if it did happen, I will pretty much lose what little tiny bit of respect I have left for Suzuka's character. Wow, before thinking about this I didnt think it was possible for me to lose more respect for her
Old 2006-11-21, 16:57   Link #1443
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio3.14 View Post
Well that is definitely true for some people, but I don't think Suzuka is like that. She is the type of person who, when hurt emotionally, will just shut off all emotion and become the ice queen as we have seen many times in the manga. Her opening up emotionally to a guy she hates in a 1-night stand is completely out of her character IMO Even if Arima tried to comfort her and take advantage of her, I don't see Suzuka even given him the time of day in the first place.
Aye, it's just not like her to seek solice in someone, whether it's over relationship reasons or just from loneliness being in a different country. It took a lot of time and effort on Yamato's part before the shirt-tugging scene after all. The only way I can see anything happening between the two is via the same conduit that Yamato used--track. And given how long it took for that to develop the first time, and their history, I can't see it coming to pass. I'd still have liked to seen the aftermath of Suzuka x Arima, though.
Old 2006-11-21, 18:00   Link #1444
DwArD
mAnIaC

Whoa....I just hope the KGNE thing won't happen to Suzuka. She's supposed to be the main female character and the whole manga was named after her! If Suzuka just sort of dated Arima for a while, then its fine with me but if she really had a one night stand with Arima....I seriously cannot accept that. Her whole image and character, the Suzuka that we all (ok, maybe not all) loved will be gone. Btw, just saw the raw for chapter 129. Going to dl it now.

Last edited by DwArD; 2006-11-21 at 18:29.
Old 2006-11-21, 18:27   Link #1445
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked chapter 129. We still don't know which way things are going to go, but there are both some plot development and some relationship hints.
Spoiler for 129:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-21, 18:33   Link #1446
DwArD
mAnIaC

Spoiler for comments:
Old 2006-11-21, 21:12   Link #1447
aikming

Though it's likely as most people had said, arima could know that suzuka 's going to seijou.

But in chapter 129, there's no indication that he know suzuka's going to seijou. All arima said was, why Yamato is at touto, didnt he thought of going to siejou. that's all. So, It's still a speculation.
Old 2006-11-21, 21:19   Link #1448
tritoch

Bwuahahaha!!! ZOMG the torture... in West: Suzuka/Coach in East: Arima/Saki

ZOMG... bwuahahahahahahahahaha
Old 2006-11-21, 22:01   Link #1449
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
Though it's likely as most people had said, arima could know that suzuka 's going to seijou.

But in chapter 129, there's no indication that he know suzuka's going to seijou. All arima said was, why Yamato is at touto, didnt he thought of going to siejou. that's all. So, It's still a speculation.
Yeah true but why would he expect Yamato to go to Touto in the first place? Even if he's pissed with Yamato's appearance, Arima can still mention some other schools aside from Seijou right? Unless he knew before hand that Yamato had a chance to go to either Touto or Seijou, I don't see why he'll specifically mentioned Seijou. And they sort of purposely focus on Arima's eye when he saw Yamato, and trust me, there's something in his eyes that tell me he hated Yamato. Well, I'm glad at least the chapter didn't hinted anything about Suzuka x Arima, though I still wouldn't dismiss the probability that Suzuka and Arima might have dated in America, or Arima tried to win Suzuka's heart whatsoever. And furthermore, if he like Suzuka, he could have go to Seijou instead of Touto and he definitely wouldn't ask his rival to go to the same school as the girl he likes. It just doesn't make sense. So I suppose its safe to assume nothing BIG happened between Arima and Suzuka.
Old 2006-11-21, 22:52   Link #1450
aikming

I dont care about speculation at all. What the rest of the guys want to speculate is up to them, however ridiculous they seem.

The important thing is to let others know that from chapter 129, Arima didnt mention suzuka 's going to seijou.

The fact Arima hate Yamato from the start, everyone knows that. I rather let Kouji unfold them. My opinion, I dont think Suzuka would have slight interest in Arima.

Last edited by aikming; 2006-11-21 at 23:06.
Old 2006-11-22, 05:35   Link #1451
DwArD
mAnIaC

Lol....I sure hope you're right aikming. From what we all know, Arima hate Yamato because he resembled someone that Suzuka like back in the past, and why did he hate that person in the first place? I mean...even if its just a rival or competitor, I don't see why Arima would hate him unless he took something away from Arima. Nothing to do with the story so far but I just have a hunch Arima actually likes Suzuka waaaaay back. Just that he never got the chance. Of course I don't think (was hoping) Suzuka will be so "shallow" to hook up with Arima when they're in America but a girl can be vulnerable at times you know. And Suzuka...she really is difficult to predict. She seemed so....cool around Yamato now that its actually freaking me out. At least we're still able to see Yamato still have feelings for Suzuka but...Suzuka seemed a little too normal in front of Yamato. Arrrggg....I'm actually anxious to see Suzuka and Yamato back together again.
Old 2006-11-22, 14:03   Link #1452
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
Lol....I sure hope you're right aikming. From what we all know, Arima hate Yamato because he resembled someone that Suzuka like back in the past, and why did he hate that person in the first place? I mean...even if its just a rival or competitor, I don't see why Arima would hate him unless he took something away from Arima. Nothing to do with the story so far but I just have a hunch Arima actually likes Suzuka waaaaay back. Just that he never got the chance. Of course I don't think (was hoping) Suzuka will be so "shallow" to hook up with Arima when they're in America but a girl can be vulnerable at times you know. And Suzuka...she really is difficult to predict. She seemed so....cool around Yamato now that its actually freaking me out. At least we're still able to see Yamato still have feelings for Suzuka but...Suzuka seemed a little too normal in front of Yamato. Arrrggg....I'm actually anxious to see Suzuka and Yamato back together again.
Well, Arima's character hasn't exactly been explored in depth, but from what we've seen he's probably more than capable of hating Yamato just for what Yamato said to him during their first meeting. Or just because Yamato is a friend of a friend of his old rival. So far he's been a pretty cliche antagonist.

Suzuka's behaviour is pretty odd, and I'm really interested in seeing the explanation. I hope it's just that the past year has given her time to reflect and mature, but that would be a bit OoC. I can't really see Yamato picking Saki's school... just because it would limit his interaction with Suzuka too much (both from a his point of view, and from a story telling point of view.) Unless the mangaka decides to really pick up the pace of the story, it would only leave breakfast, after school/practice and track meets for them to interact, which seems a bit limited in my mind.

And where the heck is Miki? Shouldn't she be going to one of these schools as well?
Old 2006-11-22, 16:31   Link #1453
Mentar
Banned

Hm.

I can't say exactly why, but somehow I feel so completely detached from the manga right now that it's puzzling me. It almost feels like an entirely new story to me, an entirely new setting where I first need to find out who the characters I like are, who I root for, and what the issues are.

*scratch head*

The two key characters I liked most in the story are either gone for the time being (Honoka) or disappeared without a trace (Miki). Yamato has regressed to his old flustered-bumbling self, throughout the last 5-6 chapters he always radiated unease and insecurity. There is no logical explanation for his flashback-wondering to Suzuka, except that the mangaka wants it so. There is no logical explanation for Suzuka's behavior either, but since we don't have the insight into her, I'll give the story the benefit of doubt that something will come up.

Am I supposed to be curious why Arima shows this strong hostility?
Am I supposed to be excited about where Yamato goes?
Am I supposed to be interested in what will happen between Yamato and Suzuka?

The thing is: I'm not. Not at all, in fact. What has happened here? What's remotely keeping me interested is Saki and the prospect that the show will somehow manage to recapture me, just like it has in the past. But right now, I'm feeling so ambivalent that it's hard to properly put into words.

Strange.
Old 2006-11-22, 20:02   Link #1454
cynicalicious
I like pie.

No, it's not strange, and you're not the only person wondering just what the hell is going on here. Saki feels totally tacked-on as a character, still. So for 3 years she doesn't give a crap, and suddenly she does? Makes no sense.

What'll probably happen, given the mangaka's usual ways, is that Saki will pressure and pressure and pressure him into going to Touto, and he'll just go along like the loser he is, and then at the last second (or maybe even after the last second) he'll choose Seijou because he was too much of a wuss to tell her he didn't want to go there in the first place.

And really, any guy with a spine wouldn't let a girl who "rejected" him and that he "got over" 3 years ago try to manipulate him into going to the same school with the guy whose guts he sincerely hates just for her own selfish convenience. He's such an idiot, I really want to just smack him with a 2x4. Maybe with a nail in it. :P

Seriously, if she gets on his nerves that much... God, he's such a wimp. Why are there so many wimps in these kinds of mangas?!? >_<

So I guess that with this particular set of developments, it looks like the story isn't going to end too soon after all... but if it's just going to drag on like this indefinitely, I don't know how much more I can take.
Old 2006-11-23, 05:34   Link #1455
DwArD
mAnIaC

I wouldn't really call Yamato a loser or wuss or whatever phrase you'll like to use. He's just a victim in the whole relationship as well. Though he hurt quite a lot of girls in the manga, he did it quite unknowingly and most of the girls don't really hate him for it. And the reason why he hurt most of the girls is because his whole attention was focused on Suzuka. Maybe he liked her too much to notice all the hints all the other girls are dropping on him. As for Saki, I seriously feel bad for her as its pretty obvious she's just another side character there to test Yamato and Suzuka's feelings. She'll most probably get hurt too in the end (which I hope won't happen). And from the previous chapters, she mentioned that even though Yamato confessed to her a few years ago, she never had a chance to give her reply to Yamato because he was like running away from her or something but I still find it weird for her to appear all of a sudden and wanting to give her reply to Yamato now? She should have done so through other means before Yamato left their hometown right? And if she really like Yamato then, she could have visit him or something but didn't.

As for Yamato letting Suzuka 'manipulate' him.....I kinda agree with cynicalicious on that one. No way would a normal guy ever forget that when a girl suddenly dumps them for no reason and came back 3 years later just to reconcile with him right? Well, if you think carefully, Suzuka didn't really dump Yamato for no apparent reason. IMHO, Suzuka left Yamato then because of:
1) She felt neglected
2) She felt guilty seeing Yamato working so hard for her

Recall the airport scene. Yamato begged for Suzuka not to leave him and Suzuka's facial expression then was very troubled. She never rejected Yamato or anything and its pretty obvious she still love Yamato when she left for America. Just that Yamato doesn't notice it and thinks she dump him just because he's too immature or something which I think might be part of the reason why Suzuka dumped him. And now since Suzuka was back, Yamato was starting to have feelings for her again. I'm sure he'll notice it sooner or later but I'm sure he'll not be so stupid to want to go into a relationship with Suzuka again for fear of hurting both of them again. And with Saki there, I'm pretty sure Yamato may end up choosing Touto. That's when we'll get to see Suzuka's reaction.

So in summary, my point is Yamato won't be so stupid to rush into another relationship with Suzuka (I hope) without considering past events. He may still habour feelings for her but he'll most probably be wanting to maintain a more normal relations with her. When that happens, Suzuka may start dropping some hints of her feelings for Yamato (if she still have any) but I'm sure she won't be so forgetful to forget that she's the one who dumps Yamato in the first place. Like what I mentioned a few posts up, I wanted to see Suzuka do something if she wants to be with Yamato again. I don't want to see Yamato doing most of the work and sacrificing again. Furthermore, there's quite a lot of girls having their eyes on him so it'll be interesting for once to see Suzuka getting frantic over it
Yamato may not have the courage to like Suzuka again, but if he really still likes her, he may do something about it once he knows how Suzuka feels.
Old 2006-11-23, 05:47   Link #1456
Chavenz
CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!

Maybe we'll see Suzuka begging Yamato not to go to Touto
Old 2006-11-23, 08:15   Link #1457
lain123

I think, it's pretty obvious that Yamato still loves Suzuka and vice versa. Even after the news of Honokas boyfriend Yamato goes only for a short time into "dump mode" and is the whole time puzzled over Suzuka. And Suzuka gives indices: The part with the fish was a first hint and her wish to do track with him again is a obvious thing.

It's a shame, but I think, he likes Honoka but he don't love her. At least not so much as Suzuka. Saki had a point: "did you really like her that much?" But Honoka was at fault too. Her boyfriend gave her days for her reply. She gives Yamato only seconds without warning. And why did she take her confession back? She wants to be friend with Yamato? "Don't be so down... We can still send each other messages..." my ass...

I hope, we get in the future more insight in Suzuka. Why did she go to the USA? Why didn't she want Yamato to know? Why left she a month early? Why didn't she tell Yamato and went even without to say goodbye? Why did she dump him on the most cruel way I can think of? On his birthday and after a day of fun and after she left him the photograph? Why didn't she gives him a reply at the airport? He said, he loves her and she turns only her back to him? And why did she come back in his neighbouring room and how can she be so casual in his presence?

Saki, Suzuka, Honoka - I think, he gets all nightmares and cruel dumpings I can think of. He is really not a very fortunate character. I don't like the hints of a ronin year. "Selection?", "Failure is not a option", "[...] and doesn't he have to study...?!"
Old 2006-11-23, 10:50   Link #1458
Arkhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain123 View Post
I hope, we get in the future more insight in Suzuka. Why did she go to the USA? Why didn't she want Yamato to know? Why left she a month early? Why didn't she tell Yamato and went even without to say goodbye? Why did she dump him on the most cruel way I can think of? On his birthday and after a day of fun and after she left him the photograph? Why didn't she gives him a reply at the airport? He said, he loves her and she turns only her back to him? And why did she come back in his neighbouring room and how can she be so casual in his presence?
That's exactly the ace up KS's sleeve. I guess he will grant us with some insight of Suzuka soon, and maybe that insight will somehow redeem her from her past behaviour towards Yamato. She's not that bad, she's just... complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain123 View Post
I don't like the hints of a ronin year. "Selection?", "Failure is not a option", "[...] and doesn't he have to study...?!"
But, if I understood well the previous chapter, he has been granted with a sports scholarship, so he doesn't have to pass any exam, does he?
Old 2006-11-23, 11:31   Link #1459
lain123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
But, if I understood well the previous chapter, he has been granted with a sports scholarship, so he doesn't have to pass any exam, does he?
Yes and this puzzle me. What kind is the selection process of seijoudai? Is this only a indicator for his love to Suzuka? Choosing the selection process over the secure acceptance in toutodai? On the last page the author gives us hints for the development of the story in the near future. Here we could read of the near dumping or that a new character (Saki) will appear. And now we read: "Yamato's greatest desire right now is an easy track environment, and doesn't he have to study...?!" For which evolution is this a hint? Furthermore Yamato slack off a lot in the last chapters. Going late to practise, no learning for school or his saying when a teacher phoned: "Tell him to call later"...
Old 2006-11-23, 12:17   Link #1460
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For some reason, I'm still interested in this story. Yes, Saki seems like another wonderful character with inexplicable motivations and about to be thrown away. Yes, Suzuka remains impenetrable. Yes, Yamato is not a very attractive protagonist. But I do care what happens.

I think Suzuka dumped him because he seemed not to be paying much attention to her and spending all his time with Yui working. I think she thought the day together and then goodbye was the nice way of doing things. She completely misunderstood his attitude to her because he had not made it clear. Then he sprang that confession on her in the airport at the very last minute. She was supposed to drop everything and stay home?

Now he has to decide on schools and girls at the same time. He really can't believe Saki is serious. He has spent three years thinking that she despised him, so it just seems like teasing. And he is imprinted on Suzuka. So I'm pretty sure what he will choose. Unless we're headed for 200 chapters.... But I hope we do get some more explanation from Suzuka, and I dearly hope we get some chapters of Suzuka/Yamato as a happy couple. They, and we, deserve it. First, please give us a school tour starring Suzuka and Yamato, lol.

I think the selection process is because they qualify more students than they can take, then have a further selection to decide who to actually admit. Based on school record, extracurricular activities, a special exam, an interview, recommendations? I'm not sure why entering the selection disqualifies him from the other school, though.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread