Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-15, 20:36   Link #21
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
So let me get this straight, only female leprechauns can use this powerful weapon, yet the MC, a male, can use them as well. Let me guess, he's also way stronger than anyone else - despite the fact that he should not even be able to use this power in the first place - saves the girl who's supposed to be the best of her kind, and every girl falls for him.

You literally can just read the synopsis of these light novels and imminently know every single plot point. That's depressing.
way to take everything backward.
Those weapons were made by humans and for humans. The only reason leprechauns can use it too is because of Leprechauns' " racial ability" to use anything a human can use. This is due to what a Leprechaun is.

So obviously since the MC is the last human, and that he was one of the hero who fought 500 years ago with one of those weapons, yeah he can use it too. btw he's the last human because he was one of the hero and was fighting together with all the other "heroes" at a specific battle. So the last human could only be a hero, technically. So he's one because he's the last human. He's the last human because he was a hero. Do you follow?
duh. Technically,
it's not "the hero can use it too".
It's "the leprechauns can use it too".
The difference is, the MC cannot really fight any more due to how his body is almost to its limit. Channelling the power of one of those weapons would kill him in less than 30sec probably. And no, it's not fine "as long as he fight for less than 30sec". Trying several times would definitely cost him his life. Maybe even one time would kill him with bad luck.
Now, if it wasn't for that, then YES, he would be a stronger user than any leprechaun. Obviously, duh. He's a human, that's a weapon made for human, requiring a specific knowledge and training, that was teached 500 years ago bya race that is now extinct.
He's an adult with almost perfect knowledge to how using those, lots of experience, had a teacher who was a Hero himself in his younger days, and he 's very studious and dedicated to learn from him. Whereas Leprechauns have barely any knowledge of how to use them due to the 500 years gap, and because they're not human but only Leprechauns. They're compensating partially by their Leprechaun's ability and magical power that humans didn't have, but that's merely "partially". Those wepaons were made to fight even gods after all. IF they had as much knowledge and ability than the heroes 500 years ago, there wouldn't be struggling in the first place.

Also, they're Leprechauns. Not "females". Leprechauns. Do you know what a Leprechaun is? Seems like you don't.

Also, I already said it several times in the thread. No harem. At all. Almost no fighting "on screen" either. First battle seen is at the end of volume 3.

tl,dr version : You couldn't be farther away from the truth about that title.

What is depressing is therefore your biased opinion on LN titles.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-02-16 at 05:51.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 17:35   Link #22
Toullaty

Unfortunately, his opinion is somewhat justified with the many series which follow this kind of story.
I do not think they are the majority of what is published but I believe that's what is the most translated.

Otherwise, the story makes me think of a RPG.
Ancient civilization, legendary weapons, dangerous monsters,... Many video game use such ingredients. I'm rather curious about how it will develop later.
Toullaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 18:53   Link #23
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toullaty View Post
Unfortunately, his opinion is somewhat justified with the many series which follow this kind of story.
I do not think they are the majority of what is published but I believe that's what is the most translated.

Otherwise, the story makes me think of a RPG.
Ancient civilization, legendary weapons, dangerous monsters,... Many video game use such ingredients. I'm rather curious about how it will develop later.
Isn't that part of this series' charm though? It takes all these cliché settings and tired tropes and then turns them on their head.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 19:12   Link #24
IceHism

If you need any justification for reading this series, how about that it reached #3 on the collaborators list on kono light novel ga sugoi and that it has fantastic reviews on Amazon and bookmeter lol. That's a lot more than the average LN could even hope to achieve.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 02:31   Link #25
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Also, they're Leprechauns. Not "females". Leprechauns. Do you know what a Leprechaun is? Seems like you don't.

Also, I already said it several times in the thread. No harem. At all. Almost no fighting "on screen" either. First battle seen is at the end of volume 3.
The Leprechauns were all described to be human-looking young girls around the age of 15 and under, only with vividly bright hair colors.

While on paper they're not "human", they're very obviously designed to be young girls. The cover illustration posted at the beginning of this thread even proves this. And no, there clearly was no real reason why the Leprechauns all had to be young girls, especially considering the typical stereotype of the folklore has them as bearded men.

I think it's a little strange how you get so defensive over this. Fanservice does not necessarily mean lewd content. Catering to the target audience of young men does not suddenly invalidate the integrity of this story, unless you think you're above moe elements for some reason. Is it a problem for you that the Leprechauns are all little girls?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2016-02-17 at 02:43.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 05:29   Link #26
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The Leprechauns were all described to be human-looking young girls around the age of 15 and under, only with vividly bright hair colors.

While on paper they're not "human", they're very obviously designed to be young girls. The cover illustration posted at the beginning of this thread even proves this. And no, there clearly was no real reason why the Leprechauns all had to be young girls, especially considering the typical stereotype of the folklore has them as bearded men.

I think it's a little strange how you get so defensive over this. Fanservice does not necessarily mean lewd content. Catering to the target audience of young men does not suddenly invalidate the integrity of this story, unless you think you're above moe elements for some reason. Is it a problem for you that the Leprechauns are all little girls?
So are Leprechauns old men? no, they aren't either. Just as the link you gave said, they are usually appearing/encountered/depicted as old men.
Leprechauns don't have gender per se. And hence why I'm saying they aren't women or young girl per se as well. The fact that they now appear as young girls is to be put in correlation with the fact the world changed. Young girl is the "appearance" that make the peoples around want to protect and care for you the most btw. In a world rejecting human-like appearance as ominous, for a race that can only take a human's appearance, that sounds like the best choice.
But I digress. Who told you there's no explanation for their appearance? The fact that they appear all as young girls even though they're not is obviously intriguing the other character around them so it is talked about and I'm pretty sure it will be talked about again later as well.
Also, just like any fantasy story, the author has his own take on the fictional creatures habiting his world. This is also the case for Leprechauns. Who aren't the same as Leprechauns in folklore. And no, I'm not talking about the fact they appear as little girls here. If you don't know what I mean, it means that you haven't even reached that point in the first volume where it's talked about. Still, leprechauns, both in folklore and in this story, have no gender. They are Leprechauns.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-02-17 at 05:44.
Old 2016-02-17, 07:39   Link #27
Haigi

I wonder if the one who came up of the idea of making Leprechauns, designed them to look like young girls, wanted to make people feel some kind of emotion over using 'girls' as disposable weapons or just purely for his own liking OR just to be sadistic to watch them die here and there.

Speaking of the MC, he might not have had the qualifications to be a brave 500 years ago, but now with a tragic backstory as The Last Human, would he gain the qualifications to be a regular brave?
But looking at the replies above with his limited time, it seems like he probably might burn up his life in the final battle after imparting his knowledge somewhat.
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 12:58   Link #28
Shadow5YA

Quote:
So are Leprechauns old men? no, they aren't either. Just as the link you gave said, they are usually appearing/encountered/depicted as old men.
Leprechauns don't have gender per se. And hence why I'm saying they aren't women or young girl per se as well. The fact that they now appear as young girls is to be put in correlation with the fact the world changed. Young girl is the "appearance" that make the peoples around want to protect and care for you the most btw. In a world rejecting human-like appearance as ominous, for a race that can only take a human's appearance, that sounds like the best choice.
But I digress. Who told you there's no explanation for their appearance? The fact that they appear all as young girls even though they're not is obviously intriguing the other character around them so it is talked about and I'm pretty sure it will be talked about again later as well.
Also, just like any fantasy story, the author has his own take on the fictional creatures habiting his world. This is also the case for Leprechauns. Who aren't the same as Leprechauns in folklore. And no, I'm not talking about the fact they appear as little girls here. If you don't know what I mean, it means that you haven't even reached that point in the first volume where it's talked about. Still, leprechauns, both in folklore and in this story, have no gender. They are Leprechauns.
Like I said, it doesn't matter whether what they are biologically. It doesn't matter that they're genderless. In fiction, if they look like little girls, act like little girls, then to the audience, they are little girls.

And there's nothing necessarily wrong with that.

Why are you trying to deny it so vehemently? Is there something wrong with them appearing as anime girls to you?
Old 2016-02-17, 14:39   Link #29
cronqvist917
ShadowChaser

I dunno why Japanese authors always choose weird names to call a Warrior lol.... this is btw the weirdest I've heard but I'll give it a shot anyway.. lol
Old 2016-02-17, 21:02   Link #30
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Like I said, it doesn't matter whether what they are biologically. It doesn't matter that they're genderless. In fiction, if they look like little girls, act like little girls, then to the audience, they are little girls.

And there's nothing necessarily wrong with that.

Why are you trying to deny it so vehemently? Is there something wrong with them appearing as anime girls to you?
xhy would they be "anime girl" since it's a novel? And also, it's important. Their nature as Leprechaun is central to the plot. In rozen maiden, there are dolls that look like little girls, that doesn't make them little girls. They are living dolls.
Old 2016-02-17, 21:12   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
xhy would they be "anime girl" since it's a novel? And also, it's important. Their nature as Leprechaun is central to the plot. In rozen maiden, there are dolls that look like little girls, that doesn't make them little girls. They are living dolls.
Right... I think you need to accept that not everyone will view the concept the same way as you do
Old 2016-02-19, 07:35   Link #32
sweec1890

Hey guys, i feel like some main characters will die from vol 3 onwards!
Just curious, did the blue hair girl die on vol 3?
PS: Just see some illu and jump straight to that question :3
Old 2016-02-19, 20:15   Link #33
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweec1890 View Post
Hey guys, i feel like some main characters will die from vol 3 onwards!
Just curious, did the blue hair girl die on vol 3?
PS: Just see some illu and jump straight to that question :3

Spoiler for nasty obscure spoiler that will make you regret to have opened it and may even bother you like hell, so don't open:

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-02-19 at 20:26.
Old 2016-02-21, 10:30   Link #34
sweec1890

Quote:
Spoiler for nasty obscure spoiler that will make you regret to have opened it and may even bother you like hell, so don't open:
Oh!!!!!!!! So excited *hyper mode* BTW, it's not like i want to see drama or anything like that *evil laugh*
Old 2016-02-23, 07:25   Link #35
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

This reminds me very strongly of Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden with the whole floating islands, doomed world, corrupted surface, and, shall we say, coincidentally cute special existences that play a key role in protecting what remains of the world from apocalyptic monstrous threats, at great personal cost to said coincidentally cute special existences. There's even a similar atmosphere of tragedy hanging over the stories.

Of course, many key details are different, and this is its own story; a very strong one. So far it looks like the main character will be playing Idolmaster/Majesty rather than Final Fantasy. There's some superficial similarity to the many battle harem light novels out there, but there's something genuinely different to it.

I can see why it gets fantastic reviews.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 09:23   Link #36
Breidaluk

Reading the translated chapters, the problem with Mc human is the curses he received in his last battle 500 years ago. He used forbidden spells and was afflicted with 7 deadly curses(though he didn't care, after all, he was going to die anyway). Because those curses were fighting each other inside him he managed to survive the petrification and wake up 500 years later, though now he can't use "venom" without having a deadly backlash

Spoiler for us, please.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 18:07   Link #37
@GEMC

I don't need harem what i want is having many girls squeal at mc in the story
Old 2016-02-23, 21:12   Link #38
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Reading the translated chapters, the problem with Mc human is the curses he received in his last battle 500 years ago. He used forbidden spells and was afflicted with 7 deadly curses(though he didn't care, after all, he was going to die anyway). Because those curses were fighting each other inside him he managed to survive the petrification and wake up 500 years later, though now he can't use "venom" without having a deadly backlash

Spoiler for us, please.
I actually laughed a bit in that scene as I thought of the three stooges syndrome
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 08:33   Link #39
Breidaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomlurker View Post
I actually laughed a bit in that scene as I thought of the three stooges syndrome
? Three stooges syndrome?
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 11:34   Link #40
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
This reminds me very strongly of Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden with the whole floating islands, doomed world, corrupted surface, and, shall we say, coincidentally cute special existences that play a key role in protecting what remains of the world from apocalyptic monstrous threats, at great personal cost to said coincidentally cute special existences. There's even a similar atmosphere of tragedy hanging over the stories.

Of course, many key details are different, and this is its own story; a very strong one. So far it looks like the main character will be playing Idolmaster/Majesty rather than Final Fantasy. There's some superficial similarity to the many battle harem light novels out there, but there's something genuinely different to it.

I can see why it gets fantastic reviews.
Im@s? Nahh...more like....psycho-socio therapy....

It's different primarily because it is just that...loads of dialogue and SOL scenes. But done well in manner more fitting of a standard novel than pulp LN.

Tags
drama, fantasy, harem, kadokawa sneaker bunko, romance, sci-fi, tragedy