AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 3 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 18.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 27.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-28, 13:07   Link #81
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I've been avoiding acknowledging the counter but with one day left I might as well. Pulse doesn't necessarily work since Gekkogahara is a robot. So... possibilities...
  1. If Hakagure counted then so did Juzo and Kirigiri is dead.
  2. If it was counting only people inside the building then Kirigiri is still dead but the 16th person is alive.
  3. If it was counting "active" bangles by some other method then Kirigiri and the 16th could still be counted while Sakakura would have dropped off.
  4. Kodaka and Lerche are just trolls.
Tengan may have shuffled bangles given Mitarai's involvement so if there was a 'master(mind)' bangle that gave someone the ability to stay awake during sleep time it could have gone to the 16th. If there is one. Because if they were there to 'sabotage' the game or something like that there's no need for them to have a bangle unless Monaca found the spare and was being a dick.

So... I dunno. Some things would make more sense with a 16th but its hard to make a case for them to exist.
Ad 1:
The base argument is that Hagakure only counted until he was locked out or never counted to begin with since he wasn't a participant of the game.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-28, 13:43   Link #82
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Ad 1:
The base argument is that Hagakure only counted until he was locked out or never counted to begin with since he wasn't a participant of the game.
Huh? I covered this.

Quote:
2. If it was counting only people inside the building then Kirigiri is still dead but the 16th person is alive.
If 16 can move during sleep its either because they have no bangle or they have a special bangle. If you assume no bangle then you have to count Juzo. So when the count was 6 it was Naegi, Asahina, Munakata, Mitarai, Sakakura, and 16.
Old 2016-09-28, 13:51   Link #83
Homura7

People talk a lot about Tengan's motives. But no one bothers to mention the one striking thing: how could have Tengan sent Mitarai that video recording if he had been dead for a long time.

If you ask me, that recording reeks of having been manipulated to push Mitarai to do that thing. And if that is true, then that video which is going to broadcast all over the world in 30 minutes due is nothing about Hope, but actually something really, really, really bad. Now is up to Naegi and Hajime to put a stop to it.
Old 2016-09-28, 14:15   Link #84
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
And if that is true, then that video which is going to broadcast all over the world in 30 minutes due is nothing about Hope, but actually something really, really, really bad.
The countdown threw me at first but after I watched again -- it is broadcasting right now; its just 30 minutes until full hopewashing. Kind of like a microwave oven timer.
Old 2016-09-28, 14:33   Link #85
Homura7

The website added 7 new character spots for Side:Future. Who do you think they may be?

I think five of those seven are Hajime and the other Remnants who made it out of the NWP.

The other two have a good chance of being Nagito and Mikan. Because before they fell in coma, the two realized the place they were wasn't real, and Monokuma stated that because of that their chances of waking up from the coma were higher.

Besides, are you pretending to tell me Nagito is going to miss this glorious day when Hope finally triumphs over Despair? No way.
Old 2016-09-28, 15:57   Link #86
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
The website added 7 new character spots for Side:Future. Who do you think they may be?

I think five of those seven are Hajime and the other Remnants who made it out of the NWP.

The other two have a good chance of being Nagito and Mikan. Because before they fell in coma, the two realized the place they were wasn't real, and Monokuma stated that because of that their chances of waking up from the coma were higher.

Besides, are you pretending to tell me Nagito is going to miss this glorious day when Hope finally triumphs over Despair? No way.
but where would be the desbear when he doesn't miss it?

@everyone who sees what I did there: Sorry I couldn't resist.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-28, 19:58   Link #87
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm guessing the FF Killing Game WAS supposed to be broadcasted around the world, but since Mitarai was also in the game(which Tengan was surprised), there was no point. But the Monokuma script was already made, so no turning back.
Old 2016-09-29, 01:47   Link #88
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The only ones who would be disappointed by "the confirmation in metaverse" would be the people who didn't take a clue in the first place. I have no problem with that, I knew she was dead all along because all the signs pointed to her being dead.

I would also like to point out that Komaeda is a vegetable at this point in time. So he doesn't really get a say in what he's going to miss or not.
Old 2016-09-29, 06:41   Link #89
Homura7

People seem to be confused on Juzo. I'm reading some users say Juzo shutting down the power source deactivated the bangles.

This is wrong. Juzo only shut down the monitors. The bangles came off because the time limit elapsed without anyone dying. Monokuma made it quite clear: If the time limit passes and no one has died, you win the game.

So the bangles came off because they were programmed to stop functioning the instant the condition was fullfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Ok yeah if someone was scavenging during sleep time it would make sense where the Cure W came from to begin with. Although I guess the Cure W fakeout could have just been to keep people from dropping the show in a rage... but....
If they are going to drop a series, a movie, a manga, a game just because their favorite character died, they'd better be off not watching, reading or playing anything at all. There's nothing I hate more than people who will throw a tantrum just because things didn't go the way they wished.

With that said, if Kirigiri is going to turn out alive isn't going to be because the producers wanted to troll the fanbase a little. Even the Asahina fake-out had a specific purpose.

Ahem... Continuing from where I left it off, Kirigiri definitely didn't take the Cure W. Before they found Seiko's corpse, Munakata had already looted her and Izayoi. He took the Roid serum from the former and the second katana from the later. If he didn't take the Cure W was precisely because it wasn't there anymore. The wounds he got from his battle with Tengan and that as of the last episode he still retains are a reliable proof of that.

So if neither Kirigiri or Munakata took the medicine, the only one who could have salvaged it was someone who wasn't sleeping, as you said.

As a reminder, the Cure W wasn't even in Seiko's pocket. She was holding onto it when the time limit started.

Last edited by Homura7; 2016-09-29 at 06:57.
Old 2016-09-29, 07:24   Link #90
com_gwp

Quote:

Fair guesses, especially with the knowledge of SPOILER, but Mikan is an odd one in terms of the anime's context. Instead of her, I'll suggest the "13th Branch Member" who has still yet to show up.

In any case, Dawn of the Final Day (well, hours.) Time to throw those last wild guesses into the pot.

Kirigiri is Alive (because trust Kodaka)
Chiaki is Alive (because fuck logic when you have asspull miracles)
Quadruple "Sore wa Chigau Yo!" because this is what I've been waiting the whole show to see.
Stinger at the end of the episode links to V3 because Kodaka just cannot fucking let go of the continuity.

The anime definitely had a fair shake of disappointment as it whimpered to the finish line, but still, this 12 weeks have been a heck of a ride with the fanbase.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2016-09-29 at 07:34.
Old 2016-09-29, 07:34   Link #91
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Instead of her, I'll suggest the "13th Branch Member" who has still yet to show up.
The Supply Food Branch Head? Pretty sure that one had been dead from the very beggining, which explains why Asahina was granted permission to attend the meeting.
Old 2016-09-29, 08:30   Link #92
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The only ones who would be disappointed by "the confirmation in metaverse" would be the people who didn't take a clue in the first place. I have no problem with that, I knew she was dead all along because all the signs pointed to her being dead.
Considering how the universe itself offered those possibilities there were more than enough clues to the contrary. - We had pretty much everything allowing it, unknown miracle drugs, perfect corpse copies, hand transplants from a corpse that shouldn't have any usuable hands anymore, fake deaths and the list continues

Quote:
I would also like to point out that Komaeda is a vegetable at this point in time. So he doesn't really get a say in what he's going to miss or not.
Yeah about that - do we actually know they are still vegetables?
Not saying he was the one who sabotages tengan here btw.

------------------------------------------------------
So now to wait whether that idea Alpha Knight brought me onto turns out to be true - seriously I could form an entire theory out of it but why bother when the final culprit will in the end be Junko's aunt Mary anyhow

Old 2016-09-29, 08:40   Link #93
Homura7

Another good reason the 7th spot might be for Mikan is because she's the goddamn Ultimate Nurse. They lost the Ultimate Pharmacist, so someone has got to treat these wounds. She was also Mitarai's most trusted person and his best friend.

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------
So now to wait whether that idea Alpha Knight brought me onto turns out to be true - seriously I could form an entire theory out of it but why bother when the final culprit will in the end be Junko's aunt Mary anyhow
Actually, about that... Junko may still have a chance of being involved. Only, not in the way you would expect from her.
Old 2016-09-29, 09:03   Link #94
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Considering how the universe itself offered those possibilities there were more than enough clues to the contrary. - We had pretty much everything allowing it, unknown miracle drugs, perfect corpse copies, hand transplants from a corpse that shouldn't have any usuable hands anymore, fake deaths and the list continues
I'm sorry, I mussed have missed the point in Danganronpa 3 (either future or despair) where either fake corpses or a medicine that feigns death has been mentioned. If it's mentioned anywhere else, it's an ass pull.

Anything that requires the audience to read obscure side material X is an ass pull.

I don't understand why you want Kodaka to be such a shitty writer after all the good stuff he's done.

Quote:
Yeah about that - do we actually know they are still vegetables?
Because of the same reason why we've always known Yukizome is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Kirigiri is Alive (because trust Kodaka)
Idk, anyone who has any faith at all in Kodaka would expect her to stay dead.
Old 2016-09-29, 09:08   Link #95
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Another good reason the 7th spot might be for Mikan is because she's the goddamn Ultimate Nurse. They lost the Ultimate Pharmacist, so someone has got to treat these wounds.

Actually, about that... Junko may still have a chance of being involved. Only, not in the way you would expect from her.
Oh no, AI Junko may still be involved - she is a programm I never doubted that possibility. In regards to Junko the only thing that really bothered me was that no one questioned the existance of her hand and that said hand basically meant a chance she was still alive as it shouldn't have existed in the first place.
Plus general mystery rule: No one is dead until their bodies have been discovered, and even then it it is to be questioned.

Its basically another possibility people seem to completely forget in regards to the Meta-World.

I just have better things to do with my time then formulating everything from zero to get go just so they can make Junko's aunt or the 13th director the culprit.

13th director being said - wasn't the food supply one ther farmer? I mean that would make sense

Ok screw this I will say it but just in a nutshell. Just to have no regrets; Screw better judgement:

The Meta world could still be either Chisa councioness or the digital world
Boith would explain why she and Junko would sit there together, but none of the other dead like Murkuru (who chisa btw never met) have joined them. AI Junko was btw a programm so there can be infinite copies of her.
Furthermore Monokuma directed his words directly at Naegi. The only one who'd actually have a reason to do so would be a remnant of Despair - Monaca already said she didn't do it, moreover there is something speaking against her just having pretended the hack:

She knew how Monomi looked like in SDR and even changed her to that image. Something only the real Miaya should have known OR someone who was in the programm.

So yeah if you want to argue about something take the bolded part - I will keep the other one as my dark horse.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I mussed have missed the point in Danganronpa 3 (either future or despair) where either fake corpses or a medicine that feigns death has been mentioned. If it's mentioned anywhere else, it's an ass pull.

Anything that requires the audience to read obscure side material X is an ass pull.
Its not about whether one of the drugs feigned death but that there were supernatural drugs there in the first place - take Munatakas insta heal as an example.
Furthermore, if you argue like that DR0 is obscure side material too - Point is the stories connect which each other and are in the same universe - thus valid material and not an asspull at all if itt turns out to be true.
Same goes for Monaca's involvement.

An actual asspull would be Junko's parents suddenly appearing and being the culprit of DR 3.

Quote:
You mean asking for another card and get 21?
Sorry but considering that the chance for recovery got mentioned you cannot say they haven't recovered yet unless you know how much time has passed between SDR and DR 3.
There isn't even something from side material here btw you could classify as 'asspull' - its an actual chance arising from a comment made in the very same game they were featured in.

Going by komaeda's luck he probably woke up 5 seconds later too

--------------------------------------

Unrelated to that - the one who sabotaged the game might still have been Chisa.
Because Junko pretty much mentioned Chisa's own missdeeds there.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-29 at 09:28.
Old 2016-09-29, 09:28   Link #96
com_gwp

Quote:

I don't understand why you want Kodaka to be such a shitty writer after all the good stuff he's done.

Idk, anyone who has any faith at all in Kodaka would expect her to stay dead.
But I'm trusting him to asspull?
Old 2016-09-29, 09:29   Link #97
Homura7

Or Tengan actually never arranged for a mutual killing game in the first place and it was the true culprit's doing all along?

The first question he had to answer to was if he was one of the Remnants. If he hadn't told the truth, he would have breached his NG and die poisoned.

Also, some people seem to forget DR3 is for those who have played, watched and read EVERY past DR release.
Old 2016-09-29, 09:30   Link #98
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Or Tengan actually never arranged for a mututal killing game in the first place and it was the true culprit all along?

The first question he had to answer to was if he was one of the Remnants. If he hadn't told the truth, he would have breached his NG and die poisoned.

Also, some people seem to forget DR3 is for those who have played, watched and read EVERY past DR release.
THIS!
Bullseye as to why Chisa wouldn't have been an asspull but was valid from the very beginning.

Old 2016-09-29, 09:30   Link #99
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Its not about whether one of the drugs feigned death but that there were supernatural drugs there in the first place - take Munatakas insta heal as an example.
But it was never mentioned that one of them could induce a fake death state.

Quote:
Furthermore, if you argue like that DR0 is obscure side material too
I'm not sure what the winky face is for. DR0 is obscure side material.

Quote:
Point is the stories connect which each other and are in the same universe - thus valid material and not an asspull at all if itt turns out to be true.
It is if it comes from material that the consumer does not have access to.

Quote:
Sorry but considering that the chance for recovery got mentioned you cannot say they haven't recovered yet unless you know how much time has passed between SDR and DR 3.
Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where some scientist or anyone with enough authority to actually say anything on the matter said that that they 100% most definitely will wake up in the immediate future. And not some naive boy's wishful thinking.
Old 2016-09-29, 09:37   Link #100
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
But it was never mentioned that one of them could induce a fake death state.
Which is still irrelevant in the light of someone with the capability to create said drugs being in existance.

Quote:
I'm not sure what the winky face is for. DR0 is obscure side material.
The only thing that makes it obscure is that DR3 imho did too many timelaps and wasn't clear about whether students actually stay there for 3 years or not, because if thery don't the timetable gets a bit screwy with DR0 imho.

Quote:
It is if it comes from material that the consumer does not have access to.
You have acess to it if you buy it just the same as with the games btw
That there is likely no translation for it has zero relevance, since unless you live in Japan you aren't exactly part of their imminent target audience.

Killer Killer was available to everyone willing to pay for it just like everything else.

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where some scientist or anyone with enough authority to actually say anything on the matter said that that they 100% most definitely will wake up in the immediate future. And not some naive boy's wishful thinking.
You mean like the part where no one with medical expertice actually confirmed the deaths when there are still singular cases of people being buried alive despite proper meidcal exams having taken place in our very real world non-anime world?

Edit:
Oh something nice regarding fake rigor mortis btw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/14/waking-morgue-death-janina-kolkiewicz

Some people have a condition called catalepsy, for example, a nervous disorder that replicates the stiff muscles of rigor mortis, slows breathing and decreases sensitivity to pain. This means gruesome archaic tests for death, such as shoving needles beneath fingernails and slicing nostrils, may not work on the cataleptic patient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/14/waking-morgue-death-janina-kolkiewicz
[...] - and for the most part our sophisticated medical tests and equipment ensure it doesn’t happen.[..]
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ina-kolkiewicz

So please enlighten me - how can you justify no drugs being able to replicate stiff r.m. muscles and slow breathing being possible in a world where the characters essentially take Fallout-Universe Stimpacks and combat drugs ?

So yeah i daresay the possibility being there was a fair argument

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-29 at 10:05.
Closed Thread