AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 29.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.36%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.44%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-16, 12:47   Link #261
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Having no apparent romantic interest in Sana is not an indicator to being prone to homosexuality. This point aside, this is just a twist for the sake of having one. We suddenly find out that Asami and Shuri are good friends and share a deep bound ... since when was that shown in the anime ? We have two characters that barely seem to know each other through the series, and then suddenly wham - "these two are very good friends with a past between them". This plot twist had no consistency, its driving force were random insertions in an attempt for drama. Asami itself is a walking plot device barely worthy of the label "character". Her only role is seemingly to function as whatever plot device there is required for the current story to continue down a certain direction, be it catalyst for some jealousy on Nanaka's front or some trouble for the twins. The script of this is certainly not stellar.
It seems like the mods are the only ones that are agreeing with me and noticing that the script is horrible for this show....

It seems that if people are finding this amazingly entertaining, then they would get a kick out of watching monday morning soap operas... where evil twin brothers/sisters and any other inexplicable things occur for the sake of plot twists...
Old 2007-12-16, 14:24   Link #262
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Having no apparent romantic interest in Sana is not an indicator to being prone to homosexuality. This point aside, this is just a twist for the sake of having one. We suddenly find out that Asami and Shuri are good friends and share a deep bound ... since when was that shown in the anime ? We have two characters that barely seem to know each other through the series, and then suddenly wham - "these two are very good friends with a past between them". This plot twist had no consistency, its driving force were random insertions in an attempt for drama. Asami itself is a walking plot device barely worthy of the label "character". Her only role is seemingly to function as whatever plot device there is required for the current story to continue down a certain direction, be it catalyst for some jealousy on Nanaka's front or some trouble for the twins. The script of this is certainly not stellar.
Agreeing with this, I'd still like to point out that Shuri and Asami call each other by their first name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It seems like the mods are the only ones that are agreeing with me and noticing that the script is horrible for this show....
I feel like I'm invisible..... -_-

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-16, 15:03   Link #263
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Agreeing with this, I'd still like to point out that Shuri and Asami call each other by their first name.

I feel like I'm invisible..... -_-
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you... *hands a cookie*
Old 2007-12-16, 15:42   Link #264
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Also in episode 3 Asami told Sana that she knew Syuri. Since Sana invited Asami and used that point to support his actions, it would imply Asami had told Sana that Syuri and Asami were friends. Since we are seeing everything from Sana's perspective we will always get inadequate information.
Old 2007-12-16, 17:39   Link #265
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
We have two characters that barely seem to know each other through the series, and then suddenly wham - "these two are very good friends with a past between them".
Now that you put it that way, isn't it just a dam coincidence that Asami and Shuri happened to be working together in the "old folks home"?

It makes consistent sense if Asami was secretly stalking Shuri through the excuse of work.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-16, 17:46   Link #266
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
My general rule of thumb for plot twists:

If the plot twist is relatively explained well, with no contradicting evidence that was presented in the show (whether it was in the past,present,future). Then, it is an acceptable, if not then good, plot twist.
Old 2007-12-16, 20:18   Link #267
bloodyknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
My general rule of thumb for plot twists:

If the plot twist is relatively explained well, with no contradicting evidence that was presented in the show (whether it was in the past,present,future). Then, it is an acceptable, if not then good, plot twist.
What else can I say?!
Old 2007-12-17, 00:43   Link #268
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Basically whats happened is... "see that irrelevant character in the background over there selling hot dogs? Yeah... thats the real main bad guy thats gonna mess everything up... but you won't know that cause everytime you see him he'll be selling hotdogs and everything he'll say if he even say anything is, what'll it be? thank you sir!"

Thats the sort of plot twist that I'm seeing.
Old 2007-12-17, 01:17   Link #269
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well, Asami certainly said more than that. She just didn't say anything relevant to the plot twist. That makes it hard to say she contradicted it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-17, 02:06   Link #270
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, for all of the arguments which somehow ends up in "them doing this just as an attempt to start up drama," they succeeded. That's all.
Old 2007-12-17, 22:56   Link #271
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

A lot of time in movies the bad guy is right next to you although you think he's good...

This argument that they really needed to hint at it is utterly ridiculous, its like being a lesbian "HAS to" be explained. Isn't this really being against lesbians in society? To me it sounds like you guys want people who are gay to proclaim to the world they're gay. It was hinted that Asami had something to do with the twins in previous episodes, do we honestly need more than that? The plot writing wasn't exactly the greatest, but it is not flawed and certainly is not below mediocrity, which is the impression I'm getting from a lot of you.
Old 2007-12-17, 23:56   Link #272
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

I'd have to agree here. Initially, it does look like some writer just pulled this out of his ass. Asami is basically being used as a plot device, that's her entire purpose. You say that there wasn't enough evidence? They call each other by first name, they work together, abnormal shock on ferris wheel, protecting Shuuri. Nothing to indicate "lesbian", but enough to show that they know each other very well.

For all of you who went like this: then complained about it, just what do you think they were trying to do? Obviously the shock is intentional.

Last edited by tripperazn; 2007-12-18 at 00:20.
Old 2007-12-18, 00:05   Link #273
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
A lot of time in movies the bad guy is right next to you although you think he's good...

This argument that they really needed to hint at it is utterly ridiculous, its like being a lesbian "HAS to" be explained. Isn't this really being against lesbians in society? To me it sounds like you guys want people who are gay to proclaim to the world they're gay. It was hinted that Asami had something to do with the twins in previous episodes, do we honestly need more than that? The plot writing wasn't exactly the greatest, but it is not flawed and certainly is not below mediocrity, which is the impression I'm getting from a lot of you.
I think most of us were arguing about the plot and that they pulled it out of nowhere, not complaining about Asami being a lesbian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
For all of you who went like this: then complained about it, what do you think they were trying to do?
*opens mouth*
*shuts it*

It's been a week... What's the point of starting something...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-18, 00:20   Link #274
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
I
*opens mouth*
*shuts it*

It's been a week... What's the point of starting something...
That was a rhetorical question. Of course they wanted shock and drama, and that's what they got. The producers succeeded, people should just stop complaining.
Old 2007-12-18, 00:22   Link #275
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
I think most of us were arguing about the plot and that they pulled it out of nowhere, not complaining about Asami being a lesbian.
Well if most of you are complaining about the plot, then I am left in even more dismay. You have to be extremely slow to not notice that Asami was somehow involved with the twins from the foreshadowing episode at the theme park. We were already shown that Asami and Shuri knew each other (Through the old people place). Am I apparently missing something here? Is it that you wish this whole plot be expanded and given time to develop? Well I wish it could have been as well (Could've trashed the Hinako episodes for this), but that doesn't mean that the idea for the plot is weak. I think the reason that people are raving about this is solely for the reason that things are happening too quick, they are being rushed due to a limit of 13 episodes. This could also be, although you said that people weren't complaining about it, the lesbian thing I brought up in my last post.

Goddamn I wish Hinako as a character would've been trashed, waste of viewing time in my opinion. UNLESS, my theory is that Hinako is going to help cheer Sana up at some pont. That's the only way to give the character a point in this series.
Old 2007-12-18, 01:30   Link #276
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
That was a rhetorical question. Of course they wanted shock and drama, and that's what they got. The producers succeeded, people should just stop complaining.
Some people don't like to be surprised. They wanted hints like Asami blushing when she look at Shuri. She hugging her all the time. It was explain that Asami was always putting up an act.
Old 2007-12-18, 02:32   Link #277
DanielSong39

I wonder how bad the reaction will be if Aoi is revealed to be the arsonist in episode 12.
Old 2007-12-18, 02:36   Link #278
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I wonder how bad the reaction will be if Aoi is revealed to be the arsonist in episode 12.
I wouldn't be surprised, because right now I'm not even going to predict anything since I expect another crazy plot twist. However, I'm also expecting that it will be directed and animated well, whatever it is.
Old 2007-12-18, 03:44   Link #279
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Plot twist? Perhaps Nanaka will have accidently set the fire herself and Uncle rescued her. (For personal reasons he doesn't want it known that he was there that day.) The reason he has been resisting her learning the truth is to protect Nanaka.

Heck, that has already been much better foreshadowed than the last plot twist on this show, so I won't call foul if it turns out to be true.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-12-18 at 03:57.
Old 2007-12-18, 11:31   Link #280
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Actually... The whole town had a conspiracy against Nanaka's primary family, and they had the uncle light the fire and had the police cover up the whole mess. Only a few people. especially the ones close to her, not know about it so that they won't be tempted to spill the beans. So when Sana and Nanaka finds out, they grab machine guns and kill all the ones involved.
Closed Thread