AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-10-04, 12:57   Link #4941
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Even fans who aren't 02 fans are getting annoyed by this.
Just wanted to chime in to say that, yes, as someone who is not a fan of 02, I still find the continued utter lack of follow-up on them to be downright obnoxious and horribly distracting at this point. Like, if they'd just never been in the series to begin with that would be one thing, but no, they actually showed them being beaten by Alphamon right at the start of the series, thus raising about a dozen questions which now, five out of six movies later, they've yet to even acknowledge.
Old 2017-10-04, 16:29   Link #4942
Knighto

Taichi and Daigo are going to find them. Or you think there isn't a reason for why the two disappeared, at the same time Maki seemingly died?
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 17:54   Link #4943
DMurphy

It's such a baffling thing. I do understand wanting the series to focus mainly on the main eight plus Meiko, because that's already a pretty large cast, even moreso when you add in Maki, Daigo, and Evil Gennai.

But if you want them out of the way, just put them out of the way. "Oh, man, Daisuke, Iori, Miyako, and Ken are all on a school trip to America, their Digimon didn't turn up, and they can't get back because the tech disturbances means that planes are unreliable."

It's so easy.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 20:36   Link #4944
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
It's such a baffling thing. I do understand wanting the series to focus mainly on the main eight plus Meiko, because that's already a pretty large cast, even moreso when you add in Maki, Daigo, and Evil Gennai.

But if you want them out of the way, just put them out of the way. "Oh, man, Daisuke, Iori, Miyako, and Ken are all on a school trip to America, their Digimon didn't turn up, and they can't get back because the tech disturbances means that planes are unreliable."

It's so easy.
I agree. I enjoy Tri, but I don not understand its handle of 02 kids.

I mean, they still could give a decent explanation (though I wonder if they have the time), but I do not see the need to put 02 kids in Tri to start.

The only reason I could think on is that the Tri's staff has been forced to put 02 into Tri (but not develop this until the end).
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-05, 03:48   Link #4945
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Taichi and Daigo are going to find them. Or you think there isn't a reason for why the two disappeared, at the same time Maki seemingly died?
Well of course we're gonna find out what happened to them in the final movie. That still doesn't excuse completely ignoring that dangling loose thread for five sixths of the story when it was also one of the first things we saw in the first movie.
Old 2017-10-05, 11:32   Link #4946
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Did they explain well how the Digimons managed to get their Mega forms in these films? I thought they couldn't become Ultimate and Megas because the crests stopped working and Chinlonmon was never mentioned
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-05, 17:59   Link #4947
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Did they explain well how the Digimons managed to get their Mega forms in these films? I thought they couldn't become Ultimate and Megas because the crests stopped working and Chinlonmon was never mentioned
The Mega Evolution is surely related to the prophecy in Part 2 (about overcome their darkness).

However, we didn't know why they can evolution to Perfect level.

Some fans think the digidestined just recover this power in the time between 02 and Tri. After all, even the episode when Koushiro explained that they lost the power of evolution with the crests, they said the crest is still inside them and hope recover that power in the future.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-05, 20:40   Link #4948
tuckersister

So is there no chance Millenniummon will make an appearance in the last movie?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-06, 10:48   Link #4949
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Doesn't look like it.
Old 2017-10-08, 09:11   Link #4950
tuckersister

Do you think Dark Gennai is a Demon Lord?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 15:40   Link #4951
C-MC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_anWih_pXvQ We got a trailer for Confession english dub
C-MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-10, 08:49   Link #4952
C-MC

We got a HQ poster and a release date for Bokura No Mirai aka Our Future (the final digimon adventure tri movie) - May 5th 2018
C-MC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon