AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-06-06, 15:37   Link #1
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Help -All audio of any sort going berserk.

Wow, this is really weird and starting to get annoying.

Basically, any kind of audio playback and I mean anything no matter what I do sounds like its been converted to a low class midi file. Even the windows startup ( using XP ) sounds like low midi. Some sounds ( mainly sound effects ) do not play at all in any anime, or any windows program at all for that matter. THis happens regardless of the player I am using. It seems like part of the audio is missing/ some specific type of stream isnt working but I cant figure out what it is exactly.

When I go to watch an anime it sounds like what I would expect it to sound like If I tried to play it on a sega genesis.

Ive tried reinstalling all codecs, Ive tried looking through all my audio settings and there were no problems. I also even ran multiple spyware/virus checks just to make sure but my system is clean and unaffected. Nothing helps.

Im guessing that some bizzare setting somewhere managed to turn itself on, but where ? Ive looked everywhere in advanced audio controls/troubleshooting without luck.

Im stumped. Any help at this point is appreciated.
Old 2006-06-06, 15:49   Link #2
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
If the sound of XP start doesn't sound right, then I doubt it's a software issue.

Check
1) Is the equalizer setting on your speaker set correctly (bass cut off, extremely high treble, etc)
2) Are the speaker wires inserted securely and correctly on both speaker and PC end?
3) Make sure that the sound card is still sitting securely inside the PC, and hasn't come loose.
4) I've actually had the internal circuit of the speaker system go bad too. See if the sound is OK if you plug-in the headphone directly to the PC. (You might have to crank up or down the volume when you do this. always start with lower volume, and work your way up. Excessively loud sound can damage your hearing.)
Old 2006-06-06, 23:01   Link #3
Edgewalker
Nani ?

1) yes
2) yes
3) check
4) Ive tried 3 differant speakers and a headset...no luck..

thanks for trying though.

EDIT- through screwing around I found what it is.

apparently the actual input on my computer for the speakers/headphones to connect to is slightly screwed up. If I take it out a little bit and leave it where is just about to fall out on its own, then it works.

...it seems electric tape might be my solution....this is a pretty odd problem.