Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-06-18, 06:55   Link #5041
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
^
but doesn't this mean that this is the last chapter in the weekly magazine if I can believe spoiler guy?
yeah, the 2ch guy is probably based that on the author comments on the last page
Quote:
From now on, let's meet again in a different magazine!
Bessatsu==another/different
Old 2016-06-18, 07:00   Link #5042
DerGilga
Banned

^
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Noooooooo, 3 months of no Kurouchan or Danasama *heul*
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 07:31   Link #5043
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Anime news is nice but go to monthly?
are you telling us we have to wait 30 chapter per month now -__-
Good bye 68 chapters per month in weekly
The only positive things is it not cancelled so we can relieve of it a bit.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 08:38   Link #5044
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Anime news is nice but go to monthly?
are you telling us we have to wait 30 chapter per month now -__-
Good bye 68 chapters per month in weekly
The only positive things is it not cancelled so we can relieve of it a bit.
But at least monthly chapter will have a lot of pages, right?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 10:02   Link #5045
Fwarlord

So am I right that Touta will become Asuna's childhood friend too?
Old 2016-06-18, 10:03   Link #5046
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
moving from weekly to monthly and the author is healthy is bad thing for the manga
funny thing that eva want to kill negi to save him
and Fate want to save him
from all the harem the only male member is the one who truly love him
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 10:06   Link #5047
AstroNerdBoy

Did I read things right and that the usual spoiler source will not provide info for the monthly manga series?

Also, I'm surprised Akamatsu-sensei didn't just go to a seinen title with all of the nudity and such of late.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 10:09   Link #5048
Sixth
Hu Tao

So is it true that this manga has bad rating? I don't know anything about it since I never follow the whole rating closely..but I am curious about it now because Hata brought it out in his previous posts.
Old 2016-06-18, 10:22   Link #5049
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
So is it true that this manga has bad rating? I don't know anything about it since I never follow the whole rating closely..but I am curious about it now because Hata brought it out in his previous posts.
Well, it was never as popular as Negima. From what little I saw (and others with more info can correct me if I'm wrong), it got upswings when there was a stronger Negima element to it, such as the Eva flashback sub-arc. I'm guessing the uptick in fanservice may have helped.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2016-06-18, 10:35   Link #5050
DerGilga
Banned

I will answer here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Did I read things right and that the usual spoiler source will not provide info for the monthly manga series?
Yes
Quote:
UQ Holder is ending immediately. I think this is the last weekly chapter to be published.
Yes.
Quote:
The current story arc will apparently be resolved.
Define resolved, but I would say NO, it ends with a certain someone appearing for the first time.... aka cliffhanger
Quote:
An anime is being done. Whether a TV series or an OAD, I don’t know.
Yes.
Quote:
The new UQ Holder series (which I presume will get a new title name, since that has been the pattern for other shounen weekly titles that have shifted to monthly) will start up in on on Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine October 9! So yes, no UQ Holder for a while.
Yes, no Kurouchan for a while.... T_T

P.S.: Could you replace the translation I posted on your blog with the one I posted here, Astro-san? That one line I got so horrible wrong the first time...
Old 2016-06-18, 10:39   Link #5051
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

That sounds like what Rosario+Vampire did with the announced Part 1 and Part 2.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 10:41   Link #5052
Sixth
Hu Tao

Sometimes, it is just feel so weird to see a manga had Part 1 and Part 2. I mean, they are not even an anime or movie.
Old 2016-06-18, 12:47   Link #5053
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Right, but we have to wait for whole 4 week to wait next chapter and worstly when the manga has a hiatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
I thought your prediction would not be true due of Asuna position as ones of Top gold notch in Negi harem, let see what things will fare from Asuna appearance, will she become relevant or just become a plot device.
heh! maybe it's time for us to dub Touta as Lord of Netori

Quote:

Also, I'm surprised Akamatsu-sensei didn't just go to a seinen title with all of the nudity and such of late.
Will this transfer issue affect your blog then?
since this mean you are not going to update every weeks like usual, you will have a lot free time from august onward.

Quote:
I honestly surprise if bad rating really affect the whole transfer, an ironic for Ken. Considering Negima ended because that law stuff.

also FYI guys
If Touta is true is thrown to other world because Al then be grace guys for possibility of return our Awesome Dana-sama.
Dimension stuff should be in her area,so she can appear to that other world to rescue Touta from that world and make like a boss return.
also considering how mess the situation at this moment. a big villain came out of blue to capture our mc with her badassery companions.
our Eva seem has crippled with OP numbers in enemy side and i think Fate will take a lot time to fight Rakan, so yeah this really messy situation.
The only solution are someone have to interfere from outside, Someone powerful than can shit out MoTB out, and i have lot expectation to Dana to come to play this role.
also since we have like 10 chapteres before part 1 end, i assume. It is good time for her to return temporary to serve the fans and save her disciple assess (Kitty,Touta and rest)

Last edited by Diluc; 2016-06-18 at 13:04.
Old 2016-06-18, 13:17   Link #5054
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

The switch from weekly to monthly will be unfortunate for following the series, but I guess it is what it is. Hopefully the art will improve on the new schedule (and maybe the story a little).

In hindsight, the way the manga had been these past few months make sense now.

Quote:
Hell, why not make him a full on 3-A student while their at it? He apparently needs to be involved in everyone's past now ...

Quote:
I don't feel that was necessary given how much nudity and fan service was in Negima (and the standards for Shonen series fan service had gotten).

Actually, it's a little funny reading back and seeing how much restraint Ken had shown in not even showing a panty shot for Keire had changed haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
That sounds like what Rosario+Vampire did with the announced Part 1 and Part 2.
I think it's more like Vinland Saga going from weekly to monthly. R+V just went to part 2 because of Monthly Shonen Jump going defunct.
Old 2016-06-18, 13:43   Link #5055
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
also since we have like 10 chapteres before part 1 end
This is not an attack or anything, but to make this clear for everyone who might be confused. According to 2ch:
this chapter, 128, is the last chapter for UQ holder Part 1. There won't be another chapter until October!
Old 2016-06-18, 13:50   Link #5056
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Hell, why not make him a full on 3-A student while their at it? He apparently needs to be involved in everyone's past now ...
I remember Mana said she used to have a partner who passed away. What if Touta just returned to the future and she thought he died?
Old 2016-06-18, 13:53   Link #5057
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
This is not an attack or anything, but to make this clear for everyone who might be confused. According to 2ch:
this chapter, 128, is the last chapter for UQ holder Part 1. There won't be another chapter until October!
Huh!!!!
wait what!!!?? is that for real
isn't the first spoiler stated was on august!!???
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 2016-06-18, 13:57   Link #5058
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I'm honestly wondering if this means that Crunchyroll releases of UQH are going to be delayed now that it's becoming monthly. Only reason they seemed to be keeping up mostly on time was because it was weekly (whenever they don't f-up the schedule and put a chapter earlier than it should)

Quote:
I remember Mana said she used to have a partner who passed away. What if Touta just returned to the future and she thought he died?
Ah damn it, that's going to be it isn't it
Old 2016-06-18, 14:22   Link #5059
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Going monthly is definitely a downgrade, especially for a series like this. It tends to drag action series out even more because they only get 24-30 pages a month as opposed to 60-70.
Old 2016-06-18, 15:30   Link #5060
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
P.S.: Could you replace the translation I posted on your blog with the one I posted here, Astro-san? That one line I got so horrible wrong the first time...
Done. ^_^

As an aside, Crunchyroll tweeted about the anime announcement, then promoted the manga on their site with the new, weekly chapters. So I decided to ask them if they'd be doing the new monthly series now that the weekly is ending.

Quote:
Will this transfer issue affect your blog then?
since this mean you are not going to update every weeks like usual, you will have a lot free time from august onward.
Huah!ha!ha! Free time you say. My job keeps me so busy, I have very little of that. I'm actually about to go back to bed now and try to get a little more sleep.

The real impact from a spoiler perspective is who takes over providing these. During the Negima days, there were a few different providers over the years. Some weeks, we got nothing. It really was hard to tell sometimes what were the spoiler text posts and what weren't. (If I had fluent Japanese skills, I'd be able to determine that much easier.) The current UQH spoiler provider had a unique way of flagging his post, which was cool.

Hopefully, there will be a new spoiler provider and they'll do something similar to flag their spoiler posts. And if DerGilga, Hata, and others remain gracious in sharing info, that will help as well.

As to content for my blog, not having weekly spoilers to post actually makes it more difficult for me. It is fairly easy and quick to put up a spoiler post, and keeping an eye open for more info or images isn't difficult or that time consuming. As such, in order to keep regular posts going, I'll actually have to do more work. It actually takes me a lot of time to write an anime review, mainly because I end up watching an episode two or three times. I also have a tendency while writing to look up things, and then I end up going down a rabbit hole for a while.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't feel that was necessary given how much nudity and fan service was in Negima (and the standards for Shonen series fan service had gotten).

Actually, it's a little funny reading back and seeing how much restraint Ken had shown in not even showing a panty shot for Keire had changed haha.
Negima had its fair share of fan service and nudity for sure. However, I think UQH has some of the most erotic stuff Akamatsu-sensei has done.

Quote:
I'm honestly wondering if this means that Crunchyroll releases of UQH are going to be delayed now that it's becoming monthly. Only reason they seemed to be keeping up mostly on time was because it was weekly (whenever they don't f-up the schedule and put a chapter earlier than it should)
That presumes their current licensing agreement covers UQH shifting to a new magazine. UQH will probably get a new name, like UQ Holder: Harem Antics (just making something up). These things are often treated like a new series. If the current license doesn't allow CR to publish the monthly series, CR would have to sign a new agreement. Considering how Kodansha Comics is starting to do stuff as a $2/chapter simulpub purchase thing, it makes me wonder if CR would get it under a new license scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Going monthly is definitely a downgrade, especially for a series like this. It tends to drag action series out even more because they only get 24-30 pages a month as opposed to 60-70.
I'm predicting that we'll see less action and more ecchi fan service and harem comedy antics.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love