AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 26 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 57 12.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 12.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 68 15.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 62 14.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 4.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 24 5.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 2.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 12 2.73%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 16.40%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 11:31   Link #361
Seska

Fine, if you wanna channel your anger for the ending of Claymore trough me. Feel free to do so...
Old 2007-09-27, 12:09   Link #362
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

I rated this episode a 7 NOT basing any of my opinions on the manga, I thought the fight was really well animated. There was tension, drama, and a happy ending. My only qualm is that they could have kpt the fab four together. However IF madhouse does an orginal second season that allows them to find each other then I think it will be "dope" as it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Fine, if you wanna channel your anger for the ending of Claymore trough me. Feel free to do so...
Dont worry seska we know you arent to blame.....but you just make such a wonderful scapegoat for madhouse in this situation
Old 2007-09-27, 12:43   Link #363
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Overall, I'm torn between giving Claymore an 8,5 or an 8. I still believe that 1-20 were among the very very best anime had to offer, so I'll accept the 8.5 (barely) under the assumption that 21-26 didn't happen. Suspend disbelief, so to say.

My my my...

I think the probelm was with those later eps was that 1 chapter = 1 episode + they had to throw in a lot of raki + flashbacks. I started reading the manga and comparing it to the anime chapters during Rifuls arc and notice that manga chapters were 2-3 chaps per episode then suddenly it dropped down to 1 with a lot of uncessary flashbacks/raki. Im not as disappointed as you though in the ending because I thought it was still pretty good but not great like the manga (for those eps). Maybe because I was expecting this type of ending who knows.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:55   Link #364
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
lol I find people who continue to rate a show a 1 are liars or masochists.

If you watch an episode and find it painful, go ahead... rate it that 1, drop the show and look for something worth your time.
If you putting a 3rd of 4th "painful" review on a show, ask yourself... are you just an attention starved emo liar or do you truly get off watching something painful again and again and again?

puzzling...
I don't know if you noticed, the result of the poll between 2 and 9 is a Gaussian curve like it should be, except for 1 and 10.
Those who voted 1 or 10 are "binary pollers", their result doesn't count since they're not honestly answering to the poll ( there should be less than three "1" and less than 27 "10" )
( because when I'm writing this, there is 3 "2" and 27 "9" )
Old 2007-09-27, 13:01   Link #365
NakedAngelX

Well that was quite unexpected...
I thought Priscilla's going to be defeated and the rest of them'll all live.
Now nothing has changed... except an ugly pointless battle. Same result as the manga.

But the good thing? Now i can see a good chance for 2nd season somewhere in the year 2009 lol..
Old 2007-09-27, 13:37   Link #366
kureshii
Disabled By Request

7 out of 10 from me.

The battle was disappointing... I had expected a little more surprise and maybe even tactics, but I guess I should have known what was coming from a battle between 2 battle-maddened ABs huh...

And the way they broke up the Fab Four at the end was just awkward. I say this with no reference to the manga, which I have not read (but been a little voluntarily spoilered about). After all, they're all breaking off from the organisation, right? Wherefore the separation then? I'm guessing it makes for a "nicer" ending somehow.

In any case, I'm definitely expecting a season 2, a few years down the road. And the Fab Four are definitely going to be reunited.
Old 2007-09-27, 13:44   Link #367
Elandyll

It seems people still cling to the Manga as their Bible and do not want to realize that this was the (aside a scene or two, specially woo much of Raki crying) BEST ending possible given the goals:

1- Give closure to viewers (not manga readers)
2 - While maintaining a possible plug to a 2nd season that would more or less follow the manga plotline.

To achieve this, we had the mandatory:
* Cannot kill Pris
* Cannot kill Clare
* Cannot kill any of the Fab Four
* Jean dies
* Raki lives
* Isley gets out with Pris
* All the Pieta Claymores are more or less belived dead by the organization, Galatea goes Rogue

With this in mind, I had called this ending almost scene by scene
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985344/...7&p=1#85901577

Except for the "how to make the organization think they are all dead part (they did a shortcut with Galatea in the end), I was dead on.

This ending allows them to both end on a high note, and leave it open to follow the manga.

I say not only excellent episode on a visual basis, but 100% mission accomplished.
9/10.

P.S: My two reservations on the episode - Raki annoyed the heck out of me. I mena, we know he cries, but why at the end?
Bigger reservation - We are lead to belive at least 5 other Claymores survived in Pieta. No sign or mention of them? uh?
Old 2007-09-27, 13:46   Link #368
superzombie23

Lol. I watched this episode yeterday, and of course it sucked. The only part that did justice was the Jean dying scene. The rest was p.o.s. I literally said YES! out loud when I thought Raki got stabbed by Clare, but it turns out Jean got her good scene in, which I just gave credit to. Well, way to make a horrible ending for a good series.
Old 2007-09-27, 13:50   Link #369
Seska

Well,

We all know, that was impossible for raki do die under Clare's hands... What will happend if she saw Raki die? If killed from Prissy or herself?.....

Then even Jean where without effect....

Also, please let the topic of "Raki should die" run trough your mind again, if it really happened at this point...

Think 2-3 steps ahead.. Can keep you a lot of trouble...

Btw, i feel that Clare was useing her body over 100%, with help of Teresas flesh. But if you compare Clare's power with old Teresas. Then Clare was nearly the 10-20%Youki of Teresas... Only then there Pricillia remembers the "aura" of Teresa and was in great Fear... You see, we havent a change to see Teresas power at full force...
Old 2007-09-27, 14:26   Link #370
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Bigger reservation - We are lead to belive at least 5 other Claymores survived in Pieta. No sign or mention of them? uh?
Aren't they shown in the episode before Clare and the fab four run off to fight Pri?
Old 2007-09-27, 14:29   Link #371
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:

P.S: My two reservations on the episode - Raki annoyed the heck out of me. I mena, we know he cries, but why at the end?

Because Raki is = to jesus christ + mother teresa. That's what stormyM12ABC says at least. Haha.

We already knew he cries for no good reason when clare recieved a black card in ep 2 or 3 and had to kill elena.
Old 2007-09-27, 14:30   Link #372
Seska

Yip, Miria let Cyntiha and (name forgotten) playing "Medics" and went with the two after Clare...She is the leader after all...
Old 2007-09-27, 15:01   Link #373
changeup

This is what I call a "nice boat" ending......

Of course people will not like it, but at least this ending perserved the order. If Clare had killed Priscilla, what the moral of this story will be? You need to kill whoever killed your love? That may sounds right in the ancient world, but not in the current world......

So Raki is right. No murder for murder. It is not the fault of any Claymore or Gakuseisha. It is the fault of the "Agency". If there will ever be a 2nd season, I would expect to see the story of Clare et al. against the "Agency".
Old 2007-09-27, 15:05   Link #374
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
If Clare had killed Priscilla, what the moral of this story will be? You need to kill whoever killed your love?
Well, if this person also happens to be a monster, a mass murderer and (more or less) a cannibal, hell yeah! Do you prefer the message "Let's leave them eat human guts as long as they don't eat me"?

Old 2007-09-27, 15:16   Link #375
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post

Of course people will not like it, but at least this ending perserved the order. If Clare had killed Priscilla, what the moral of this story will be? You need to kill whoever killed your love? That may sounds right in the ancient world, but not in the current world......

So Raki is right. No murder for murder. It is not the fault of any Claymore or Gakuseisha. It is the fault of the "Agency". If there will ever be a 2nd season, I would expect to see the story of Clare et al. against the "Agency".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Well, if this person also happens to be a monster, a mass murderer and (more or less) a cannibal, hell yeah! Do you prefer the message "Let's leave them eat human guts as long as they don't eat me"?
Indeed that's the problem with the story. The moral questions in it are a bit deeper, so they cannot be resolved with some standard phrases à la "don't kill, because that's evil".

Remember that Clare has already killed countless Yoma and also awakened beings.
Remember Raki screaming "Monster!!!" at the girl AB in the town with Ophelia.

In which way is Prissy different from other ABs?

That's why the end is badly written. That's why it doesn't convince. That's why it's nothing of a closure.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:20   Link #376
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post

Well, Claymore setting is an ancient world, so in that world blood vengeance is all right, I suppose ^^;

Jokes aside... this is a fictional story, it's not supposed to a moral preaching.
Not all fictional works are supposed to carry a moral teaching, imho...
Old 2007-09-27, 15:23   Link #377
Neji112

A decent end to a great anime but I'm not sure what people were expecting. People should consider that Claymore was a great anime because its based off a great manga. Its basically assuming that anyone can write a great storyline. Its unlikely an anime specific story would be at the same level of quality. The ending could have been better of course but it would have been a trade off. The anime would have needed to split away from the manga much earlier on to develop a truly magnificent ending unique to itself.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:30   Link #378
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji112 View Post
The ending could have been better of course but it would have been a trade off. The anime would have needed to split away from the manga much earlier on to develop a truly magnificent ending unique to itself.
Yes, but why not. I don't mind an anime changing a storyline of a manga, as long as they do it well. They did manage to improve the manga in the first episodes.

But then, of course, Madhouse would have had to actually think of a real plot and all themselves ....... maybe they really couldn't come up with any good story, so they decided only to ruin the ending instead of the whole series. Then I'm grateful ... and hope they will stick to adapting complete manga series from now on
Old 2007-09-27, 15:30   Link #379
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It seems people still cling to the Manga as their Bible and do not want to realize that this was the (aside a scene or two, specially woo much of Raki crying) BEST ending possible given the goals:

1- Give closure to viewers (not manga readers)
2 - While maintaining a possible plug to a 2nd season that would more or less follow the manga plotline.
What closure? We still don't know what went down in Pieta. We don't know what Isley plans to do now. We don't know what Priscilla's going to be like when she wakes up tomorrow. We don't know what Clare's plans are, besides wandering aimlessly till Raphaela lops her head off.

The only thing that got "closure" is Jean and her debt.

As for following the manga plotline - forget it. It's ruined.

In fact, if they wanted to leave things kinda open, they could have followed the manga plotline. There were several good places to stop where we'd get just the right amount of "closure" and yet leaving us wanting more. They chose to muck it up. The fact that they didn't follow the manga doesn't matter. What matters is that the last episode was bloody stupid and resolved nothing.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:47   Link #380
IMSabbel

I personally think that they went the worst possible way with this ending.

I mean, they had two possiblities:

- unique anime ending, closure
- more or less cliffhanger/miniend with potential for 2nd season

And they tried to kind a mix them together, creating this bastard child:
-There isnt really any closure (i guess nobody will deny that).
-They still changed enough stuff to make it near impossible to continue with the manga storyline (which wouldnt make _any_ sense with the power-levels established in this last episode).

-If they wanted a nice ending with a blast, they should have changed more (tone down the lords of the abbyss, or make the fight between them part of the final (that way you could get closure for them by letting them kill each other, without messing with the powerlevels), for example. Would have freed enough space for a nice story with Pris and closure. Of course only nice if they had a decent writer for that part).

-If they wanted a semi-cliffhanger (like the one they ended up with), they should have just kept the original manga storyline. Was it _that_ bad they had to change it? They could have easily ended it after pieta. Would have been a last episode with a _blast_ of a battle, and rigalt as the main boss.
The berserk effect you have been easily avoided by a 5 minutes after-the-credits scene, without messing too much.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-09-27 at 23:41. Reason: spoiler deleted
Closed Thread