Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-23, 15:00   Link #17401
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
I'm all for a normal love polygon comedy set in school. So, I think I'll go with a Kimi ga Nozomu no Eien style. And I haven't watched that one, as well. I just heard some things about the story.

LOL. Maybe you can come up with your more 'un-benign' version? I know you're good at that!

Haha, the theatrical kiss is another cliche I added on purpose. Can you come up with more?

CG Fumoffu would be great.
You should give the next part and i'll continue I just added some little things your scipt make me think about, right now, i'm off with ideas xD

We could see more thing about the whole Gino x Anya x Kallen though; BTW about Lie's idea, I can see a totally quiet Anya telling to Gino, at the very end "I love you too" after some declarations...before this well...comic situations could happen xD

About Shirley I can't see her falling for Suzaku easily...damn they should have continue with this in season 1, we would had more material to work on.

Kimi ga nozomu eien would be nice. We could have a few road to go by. BTW I think that here, most people are more for a Kallen's victory xD

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 15:03   Link #17402
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
BTW I think that here, most people are more for a Kallen's victory xD
no shit
Old 2008-11-23, 16:50   Link #17403
Xevious451
Unassuming Local Guy

Send a message via AIM to Xevious451 Send a message via MSN to Xevious451
I rather liked the scenario laid on in the last few posts. I'd totally read that fic.

However, I'm not so sure about going down a "School Days" route. Because that would just be... tragic. On second thought, there are actually quite a few similarities between those two scenarios, so it could work. I just don't think the original intent is to end on a similar note to R2.

No matter how I look at it, it can't end well for Kallen. Eh, well. If I'm bored enough during work later, I'll whip up a parody of it for some laughs.
Xevious451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 17:27   Link #17404
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevious451 View Post
I rather liked the scenario laid on in the last few posts. I'd totally read that fic.

However, I'm not so sure about going down a "School Days" route. Because that would just be... tragic. On second thought, there are actually quite a few similarities between those two scenarios, so it could work. I just don't think the original intent is to end on a similar note to R2.

No matter how I look at it, it can't end well for Kallen. Eh, well. If I'm bored enough during work later, I'll whip up a parody of it for some laughs.
Classic cliche anime = Kallen win. This scenario, at least, does.
Tsundere will always find a way to beat the 'lovesick' girl.
Usually the lovesick girl will fall for the other guy who actually realizes something, chasing her.
Where as the tsuns will end up realizing, through some elaborate plot by someone else, that they actually like each other.
The other side chars like Gino, Anya, Milly, and Rivalz, find ways to get involved and have their own side relationships but they are like guest stars.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 17:33   Link #17405
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Classic cliche anime = Kallen win. This scenario, at least, does.
Tsundere will always find a way to beat the 'lovesick' girl.
Usually the lovesick girl will fall for the other guy who actually realizes something, chasing her.
Where as the tsuns will end up realizing, through some elaborate plot by someone else, that they actually like each other.
The other side chars like Gino, Anya, Milly, and Rivalz, find ways to get involved and have their own side relationships but they are like guest stars.
when you say beat the lovesick girl
do you mean beat her to the guys heart
or beat her up, and take the guys heart

but i agree that the new NT release (whether or not you think it has ANY BARING WHAT SO EVER) does support both kalulu and shirlulu
shirley as the classic lovestruck girl (which is what she was in the anime) who is the "most likely choice for a love interest at the start of the show (like she was in the start of the anime)
and kallen as a tsundere who can only respond to compliments with force (which is actually a way of showing affection at the early stages of a relationship)
classic love triangel
sheryl vs ranka
yakumo vs eri
shana vs yoshinda
ect...

not that i think its canon or anything
since it does completely ignore the events of the anime in its entirety
Old 2008-11-23, 18:12   Link #17406
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
when you say beat the lovesick girl
do you mean beat her to the guys heart
or beat her up, and take the guys heart
To the heart. Not beat her up physically.
Female harem leads are always tsundere because it always means that she (and if the male is also tsun) have confused feeligns for one another which surface at the worst moment possible.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 18:17   Link #17407
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

would it count as a harem with only two real options
its more of a triangel
and in that case anything is possible
but i do agree on the tsundere being a better choice for a lead love interest for a simple reason
there is much more to develop when the girl starts out confused and "hostile"
it leaves plenty of room for the couple to get closer as the plot goes on
the girl who is already "crushing" on the male lead has less things to develop
Old 2008-11-23, 23:39   Link #17408
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

I think I can pretty much agree with the aforementioned arguments about Tsunderes vs. Lovestruck girls in classic romance shows as far as how they may pertain to the Shirley/Lelouch/Kallen possible triangle. Another think they could possibly bring up too is the noncanon "previous meeting" with the peach in early childhood. Lord knows the japanese love their "destined pair" scenarios.

I would also purchase any & all discs should they make an AU code geass just revolving about Ashford academy and Lelouch's interactions there ^^
Old 2008-11-24, 01:29   Link #17409
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Somehow I feel that it will be a sade fate for Shirley, no matter what :3
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 02:54   Link #17410
inconstant_heart
obsessive 'shipper

I'm seriously tempted to write a fic using these ideas. Would anyone mind if I did?
inconstant_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 03:15   Link #17411
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Somehow I feel that it will be a sade fate for Shirley, no matter what :3
Rubbish. Everyone's entitled to their own happy ending (in one universe or another) and really, one could say that the show ended quite tragically for a number of characters.

Anyway, all this talk about turning Code Geass into a romantic teen comedy drama reminds me of what they did with NGE: Angelic Days. For those who don't know, they made an alternative universe NGE manga based on Shinji's "ideal world" from the final episode of NGE, and made NGE a romantic comedy. And I won't go any further without spoiler tagging it.

Spoiler for Angelic Days details:
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 05:43   Link #17412
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
Welll you have quite the imagination... It´s a bit like school days... but the play part you got it from card captor right? Seems to complicate... I´ll love to read it, if you write it...
The play? I was only thinking of some random cliche. I didn't notice that CCS also had something similar until you pointed it out. LOL, I remember that episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
To the heart. Not beat her up physically.
Female harem leads are always tsundere because it always means that she (and if the male is also tsun) have confused feeligns for one another which surface at the worst moment possible.
Kallen can vent it out on her sparring partner Suzaku, who is the tough rival in the same martial arts club, in my scenario.

The rest of it is plain cliche. >.>

Spoiler for WARNING those who don't like fanfiction + long fun waste of my and your time...:

= 妄想暴れ!!!!!

And while we're cranking out the cliches, why don't I whip up a mysterious girl in the form of a green-haired, golden-eyed girl who mysteriously appears at school in the middle of the semester and claims to have a mysterious relationship with Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconstant_heart View Post
I'm seriously tempted to write a fic using these ideas. Would anyone mind if I did?
Feel free to. ^^ I know you can do a great/better job. I've been waiting for an update from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Rubbish. Everyone's entitled to their own happy ending (in one universe or another) and really, one could say that the show ended quite tragically for a number of characters.

Anyway, all this talk about turning Code Geass into a romantic teen comedy drama reminds me of what they did with NGE: Angelic Days. For those who don't know, they made an alternative universe NGE manga based on Shinji's "ideal world" from the final episode of NGE, and made NGE a romantic comedy. And I won't go any further without spoiler tagging it.

Spoiler for Angelic Days details:
I was in the middle of doing that bad fiction when I read your post. ^^
You're right. Be careful what we wish for.
Still, I do hope that they'll do quality control, if there would ever be more CG spin-offs.
Also, whether a spin-off sucks or not, will be relative to a person. What might be thumbs down to one, may be thumbs up to another.
But really, did that NGE spin-off suck a lot?

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2008-11-24 at 08:06.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 06:13   Link #17413
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

that "story" is pure gold
Old 2008-11-24, 06:55   Link #17414
inconstant_heart
obsessive 'shipper

Ahaha, you should write it, blottyparchment! I don't know why you're saying you can't write good fiction, because it sounds fantastic to me. (... I want more. :P)
inconstant_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 08:02   Link #17415
blottyparchment

Quote:
Ahaha, you should write it, blottyparchment! I don't know why you're saying you can't write good fiction, because it sounds fantastic to me. (... I want more. :P)
Nah. I can only write outlines and script forms but I'm a bit weak when it comes to expository/descriptive writing. Believe me, I have tons of plot bunnies up here *taps head* but the idea only stays there.

Now, you can do whatever you want with my pseudo-fic and maybe even better.

I'm waiting for the others to tear it apart/add more fumoffu-ness.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 09:06   Link #17416
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

xDDDD Awesome Blotty, really awesome xDD

About the revelation scene though, I can't help but think to a raining night, while they are out together. Kallen is in a bad mood, she doesn't want to speak, and Lelouch stays quiet...then must happen THE thing (which one ? I dunno :'p) which is going to push Kallen to kiss him (if possible after some dispute, while she got tears in her eyes)...and I agree on the mutual kiss.

The whole "We can't stay friends" shouldn't be add after the kiss; Kallen ca mention it before but after...it's better to see the next day, at school, while they are staying away from each other, while Lelouch is trying to act as his usual self with Shirley.

About Lelouch climbing on the tree, isn't it a bit OOC from him ? xD i'm sure he can find a way to reach her window without having to climb on, we are talking about Lelouch

And I LOVE your Naoto

Now if Inconstant heart is really interested we should have an amazing fanfic to read in a few times :'P
(Please DO IT !)

Last edited by Lolipopo; 2008-11-24 at 13:33.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 11:35   Link #17417
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Quote:
I was reading a bunch of fanfiction last night, and I happened to come across yours!

I loved it.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 17:40   Link #17418
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
I was in the middle of doing that bad fiction when I read your post. ^^
You're right. Be careful what we wish for.
Still, I do hope that they'll do quality control, if there would ever be more CG spin-offs.
Also, whether a spin-off sucks or not, will be relative to a person. What might be thumbs down to one, may be thumbs up to another.
But really, did that NGE spin-off suck a lot?
Okay, to be totally honest, I didn't hate it that much. On a grading scale I'd give it a C+ at best and on a scale of 1 to 10, I guess I'd give it a 6. I think the story's greatest weakness was the art, but even that wasn't totally horrendous all of the time. Also, one part of it that sticks out in my mind is that they did try to stick an EVA battle in the story, but it was horribly done and half the time I couldn't even understand the action going on. Anyway, I can forgive some of the story mainly because I liked the fluffy romance stuffy, which, at times, was pretty well-written. and of course
Spoiler for Angelic Days:

Anyway, it only ran for 6 volumes, so if you're interested you could pick it up at a bookstore or see if you can find scanlations on the web.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 17:49   Link #17419
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

how is this in any way related to kallen ? (and if you like shnijixasuka, read an adult dojinshii called re-take)
Old 2008-11-24, 17:58   Link #17420
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

I think we navigated here by speaking of taking a super-serious show, then looking at a what-if scenario by removing the super-serious, and replacing it with AU waff-ish highschool romance. Theres an actual example of this being canonically done, and that example being the shinji/asuka "Angelic Days" manga.

Though if they did do Code Geass a la "angelic days", I also hope it'd be a much better venture (and longer than just 6 volumes)