Notices

Old 2009-01-24, 02:23   Link #841
Slick_rick

Spoiler for Chapter 47:
Old 2009-01-24, 03:48   Link #842
Vinak
Procrastinator

Spoiler for 47:

It is nice to finally be able to move on from this though. We've kinda been stuck in limbo for a few months now.
Old 2009-01-24, 08:30   Link #843
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

VK 47 was a pretty OK chapter for me. Basically, nothing much happened. I spent most of my time in this chapter appreciating the art. Well, Matsuri Hino's not the best story teller in town. But, I guess the art makes up for it somewhat.

Nevertheless, I can't complain for free stuff like being able to read VK once a moth, now can I?

So I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

KanamexYuuki goodness, here we come.

PS: Headmaster Cross looks hot without his ponytail.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 13:13   Link #844
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I'm w/ Droplet. The art is really good. Though I disagree w/ the KanamexYuuki thing. I just don't like the couple. Neither of them deserve each other. Yuuki is just being half-assed bout her feelings. While Kaname deserve someone who'll actually love him truly back. The couple is destined to be ruined. Anyone who still wishes for a lovey dovey KanamexYuuki end is well........."__________".
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 16:41   Link #845
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
IYuuki is just being half-assed bout her feelings. While Kaname deserve someone who'll actually love him truly back. The couple is destined to be ruined. Anyone who still wishes for a lovey dovey KanamexYuuki end is well........."__________".
I agree. After reading this chapter, it does appear that Yuuki decides to go with Kaname not out of love but more out of a habit. She's always been with him; he's a vampire like her and he accepts her vampire side, so she sticks with him. But it seems that Yuuki's heart may actually lie with Zero, after all. That's the cruelest act Yuuki can do for Kaname. Darn girl.

At this point, I don't really care who Yuuki goes with, I just feel sorry for Kaname that after giving up so much for the one person he's ever loved, to not be loved by her in return. I think Kaname knows this but hopelessly clings to her for as long as he could. I have a feeling that Yuuki will end up with Zero in the end, and it will be from a great sacrifice Kaname will make. I'm sure that if Yuuki chooses Zero and Zero accepts her human and vampire selves, Kaname would probably accept it in silent sorrow.

That's all I have to say about c47.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 17:57   Link #846
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I agree. After reading this chapter, it does appear that Yuuki decides to go with Kaname not out of love but more out of a habit. She's always been with him; he's a vampire like her and he accepts her vampire side, so she sticks with him. But it seems that Yuuki's heart may actually lie with Zero, after all. That's the cruelest act Yuuki can do for Kaname. Darn girl.

At this point, I don't really care who Yuuki goes with, I just feel sorry for Kaname that after giving up so much for the one person he's ever loved, to not be loved by her in return. I think Kaname knows this but hopelessly clings to her for as long as he could. I have a feeling that Yuuki will end up with Zero in the end, and it will be from a great sacrifice Kaname will make. I'm sure that if Yuuki chooses Zero and Zero accepts her human and vampire selves, Kaname would probably accept it in silent sorrow.

That's all I have to say about c47.
yes
I agree ..

it's just like what I said before too , going with kaname doesn't mean that she will love
him .. she's only sticks with him .. cuz they are both a pure blood Vampire ..

after this ch , it's seems that yuuki might hurt kaname even more by staying
with him .. " grrr , when she's with kaname she think of zero <_<"

and kaname always notice that and he leave her without saying anything T^T
poor kaname ..

add this ...
she did said in this ch .. when she was crying for zero that
she will cover and hide the part of her heart that wants to cry and screams ..

also , Good morning Yuuki !! she's finally knows zero feeling after that kiss ..

Just Please Don't hurt kaname even more !! <_<

since it's a tragedy story , no one knows what is the end ..
cuz a lots of people is after kaname and zero .. !! one of them or maybe the both
won't live !

I doubt zero have the time to accept his vampire side and ends up with yuuki
kinda lame if hino didn't give us a good reason and rush the story even more ..

i think that's all for now .. till we read more ..
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 19:51   Link #847
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queeny View Post
it's just like what I said before too , going with kaname doesn't mean that she will love
him .. she's only sticks with him .. cuz they are both a pure blood Vampire ..

after this ch , it's seems that yuuki might hurt kaname even more by staying
with him .. " grrr , when she's with kaname she think of zero <_<"

and kaname always notice that and he leave her without saying anything T^T
poor kaname ..

add this ...
she did said in this ch .. when she was crying for zero that
she will cover and hide the part of her heart that wants to cry and screams ..

also , Good morning Yuuki !! she's finally knows zero feeling after that kiss ..

Just Please Don't hurt kaname even more !! <_<
Seriously, if I have to b*tch at any VK characters, I would probably do that to Yuuki. She's the falling leaf that just drifts wherever the wind blows her - so to speak. Although I didn't notice it as strongly as I did in this latest chapter but it's clear to me that her indecisiveness is just hurting both Kaname and Zero. However, I also notice that her actions are very much like Zero's, in the area that she follows her belief strongly at the expense of the one who loves her. Zero "sacrifices" her for his hatred and she "sacrifices" him for her bloodline. The one who sacrifices himself for the one he loves is really Kaname - but, of course, that last statement is my opinion of what I have read up to this point.

I LOL! at the scene of Yuuki just realizing that Zero loves her. I mean, come on...how dense can one be? After being kissed like that and you just realized it? Seriously...I am not a Yuuki fan after this chapter. T_T

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-01-24, 20:23   Link #848
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Seriously, if I have to b*tch at any VK characters, I would probably do that to Yuuki. She's the falling leaf that just drifts wherever the wind blows her - so to speak. Although I didn't notice it as strongly as I did in this latest chapter but it's clear to me that her indecisiveness is just hurting both Kaname and Zero. However, I also notice that her actions are very much like Zero's, in the area that she follows her belief strongly at the expense of the one who loves her. Zero "sacrifices" her for his hatred and she "sacrifices" him for her bloodline. The one who sacrifices himself for the one he loves is really Kaname - but, of course, that last statement is my opinion of what I have read up to this point.

I LOL! at the scene of Yuuki just realizing that Zero loves her. I mean, come on...how dense can one be? After being kissed like that and you just realized it? Seriously...I am not a Yuuki fan after this chapter. T_T
That's actually pretty funny. I think it's a cronic problem for female characters, particulerly in shouji. On another note. How many purebloods are there? There can't be that many.
Old 2009-01-24, 21:09   Link #849
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
That's actually pretty funny. I think it's a cronic problem for female characters, particulerly in shouji. On another note. How many purebloods are there? There can't be that many.
Tell me about it. I think Yuuki's probably the weakest (character-wise) heroine among Hino-sensei's other heroines, like in Toraware no Mi no Ue or Meru Peri (even though those other series didn't really have love triangles).

Number of purebloods? Yes, I would like to know that too. I think it was mentioned somewhere that there are purebloods in other countries, too, right? So there must be more than just a small handful.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-01-24, 21:29   Link #850
Queeny
<3

Quote:

Same Here T_T
really don't know how this manga gonna end <_<
my head really hurt from thinking ..
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:30   Link #851
meltydomo33

Send a message via MSN to meltydomo33
Love Vampire Knight...
meltydomo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:47   Link #852
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Yeah, I basically almost had a heart attack when I saw the chapter come out today! xD
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 22:01   Link #853
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
I'm w/ Droplet. The art is really good. Though I disagree w/ the KanamexYuuki thing. I just don't like the couple. Neither of them deserve each other. Yuuki is just being half-assed bout her feelings. While Kaname deserve someone who'll actually love him truly back. The couple is destined to be ruined. Anyone who still wishes for a lovey dovey KanamexYuuki end is well........."__________".
Hehe, on the contrary, I want to see KanamexYuuki because I look forward to it not being lovey dovey, maybe even tragic at the end. I love drama and tragedy. But I'm afraid that Kaname may end up as the main antagonist somehow. Crossing my fingers that that doesn't happen.

It's not that ZeroxYuuki is an unlikeable couple, it just doesn't do much for me. XD

Last edited by Droplet; 2009-01-24 at 22:32.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 08:09   Link #854
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Hehe, on the contrary, I want to see KanamexYuuki because I look forward to it not being lovey dovey, maybe even tragic at the end. I love drama and tragedy. But I'm afraid that Kaname may end up as the main antagonist somehow. Crossing my fingers that that doesn't happen.

It's not that ZeroxYuuki is an unlikeable couple, it just doesn't do much for me. XD
Nah don't worry, I'm a Kaname fan. I used to support KanamexYuuki pairing before. But that was long since the middle chapters. (where we almost got no Kaname and everything felt like Yuuki and Zero only).
Old 2009-01-25, 20:57   Link #855
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Same here xD
I mean why else would Zero lean towards her like that back then? To eat her face? No, to kiss her because he loves her. Seriously.

That urkes me so much in shoujo manga. Why do they have to dumb down the girls sometimes?

And I'm kinda surprised at the risen Yuuki hate going on here ( instead of solely on the KanamexYuuki pairing ) but many of you bring good points.
Though I think it's too early to claim if Yuuki truely loves Kaname or not. It's possible she's just "tagging along" but the poor girl still has a LONG way to go to figure out who she is.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 21:15   Link #856
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
Same here xD
I mean why else would Zero lean towards her like that back then? To eat her face? No, to kiss her because he loves her. Seriously.

That urkes me so much in shoujo manga. Why do they have to dumb down the girls sometimes?

And I'm kinda surprised at the risen Yuuki hate going on here ( instead of solely on the KanamexYuuki pairing ) but many of you bring good points.
Though I think it's too early to claim if Yuuki truely loves Kaname or not. It's possible she's just "tagging along" but the poor girl still has a LONG way to go to figure out who she is.
Now you know that, think of what us guys feel. Where almost every other anime out there has a wussy, plain, dumb, insensitive, lulz, weak, type of main lead.
Old 2009-01-26, 05:17   Link #857
AmrodAegnor

First about the chapter (adding spoiler tag just in case, though i feel its unnecessary almost one week after release)

Spoiler for ch47:

About the main cast...hmmm, who to begin with? ^^

Guess I'll start with Kaname then (this choice is random and has nothing to do with my preferences )

Yeah, agreed with you guys there, he really seems to get the short end of the stick at the end. I really think he's as good as dead already (sorry, guys). I mean, he's already had one life in the past. Maybe then he has done something he really regrets and now he tries to make up for that. It seems like that to me, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time that I guessed totally wrong in manga/animes (thats what I love about them! ^^). I really, really respect him for being able to do all those things, as well as enduring his pain silently. Actually, there is no one that knows anything about him at all, is there? He just keeps his secrets and thoughts to himself...thats what his character is. Hmm, I wonder...maybe thats part of Seirens allegiance to him? She could know about his past life, although I'm just having random thoughts again.
And I pity Kaname a little too, because of Yuuki's indecisiveness. But he kinda expected that, its nothing new to him. And, after all, the current situation is still better than just watching a human Yuuki from the shadows, who knows nothing about him, nothing about herself, doesn't even have a clue. Memory issues, along with mind manipulation, are those kinds of things that bug me the most in manga/animes. They really give me the creeps, and its always painful to read/watch. But that's what I love. More drama, please! Though I prefer happy occasions once in a while, and I just hate bad or rushed endings, like...no I shouldn't go there. I really shouldn't. Only gets me mad again. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes
It's possible she's just "tagging along" but the poor girl still has a LONG way to go to figure out who she is.
Agreed with you on that, especially the last part of the sentence. I just think that she is just in the middle of a season of change (like Zero btw. I would have gone there anyway, but I feel if I don't write it here, some people might get it down the wrong throat again. No offence, guys ). She is on her way, from frail, defenceless, angsting, indecesive pubertary girl to a strong and dependaple woman, who knows what she wants and stands for. Just like her mother was. And I like that. Loved that scene of her mother, talking to Cross Kaien. She seemed so mature and beautiful there, although somehow sad. But, oh well, Yuuki has a long, long, loooooooong way to even come in reach of that point. But traces of that are already showing up here and there (e.g.: the scene after jumping out of her room, and the look she gave her guards. She had a whole different aura around her in that short moment. Loved that). Anyway, at the moment she's still weak and indecesive as always, although not completely defenceless anymore. And she finally made her resolve, forming her future path. Two things, that already differ her from her past self.
But again, I could be totally wrong, and she will remain somewhat weak until the end and we will never see her shine in her whole pureblood glory (thanks for that remark before, sorry for stealing it here :>). I just don't hope it turns out like that. Would ruin it for me a little, because I really like Yuuki. Not for her character, though she's still very likeable to me. But for what she is and what happened to her aka the whole human -> vampire/pureblood transformation. It's what makes Yuuki so interesting to me. I really wanna know what happens. Also there is that slight sexual appearance of vampire stories. Sorry, I'm a guy, can't help it. xD
Still, that indecisiveness symptom of shoujo heroines is indeed somewhat depressing. And it's reoccuring everywhere...I mean, sometimes it feels that those girls don't say anything about their feelings in moment XY, just so the drama can continue. I don't like it at all when that thought pops up. Not in this manga though, up until now I think everybody has his/her reasons. They aren't always understandable or easy to figure out, but they are there. I mean, even vampires are just humans. They can't help worrying and having doubts.
Back to Yuuki once more, she definitely has her failures, but I don't get all the hate here. Nobody is perfect and she is just a normal person after all (Typing girl here, makes it sound like "and girls are meant to be weak" so I didn't do it. I'm clearly against that, just so you know. Thoug I don't like exaggerated feminism too. Sorry, it might seem that I'm justifying myself here and there. But I just want to share my thoughts with you, to avoid misunderstandings =) ). Getting off the trail again. *cough*

Enough of Yuuki, Zero is the last one, but not the least

He didn't show up much this time, but his appearance still had gread effect. But he seems a bit left out for now, we still don't have any clue what he's going to do in the near future, after burying his brother's corpse. Alone...poor guy. I pity him, for now he's the one that has been ****** with the most. Seriously, there were only two persons caring about him. Yuuki's gone now and Kaien has his own business to do at the moment. Oh well, since he had no big time in this chapters, I'm gonna stop here. Just know, that I'd like to write more about him, but you all already know what I'd write, so it seems to be a waste...

Concerning the pity. For now it's definitely Zero, who needs the most. You know why? Just because, freaking alone out there. But Yuuki too deserves her portion, and Kaname...his one is somewhere in between. I feel that Kaname's pains are bigger than it seems right now, but because we know so little about him, I can't really tell. I just keep thinking, his pain later on might match Zero's or it could even easily outmatch him. And some of the other characters have their issues too.

About YuukixKaname. Yup, this chapter is somewhat controverse. At one side, it starts the life of Kaname and Yuuki together, which I'm looking forward to. At the other, Yuuki's thought of Zero at the beginning just killed their relationship off. Or rather it laid down the final stone on it's grave, since for me it was obvious since a while that KanamexYuuki won't survive. Why? Affection/admiration =/= Love. And affection perfectly fits for Yuuki's feelings about Kaname. Some people might start to hate me now, but I'm not gonna stop halfway through things, sorry guys. She just admired that guy, always looking up to him. It's the typical "Girl with an Idol" shoujo manga thing. And we all know, most of those relationships end up screwed. Though there is one major difference here. Kaname actually loves Yuuki. And it's not like admiration is always hopeless. Because affection is the starting point of love. It might actually develop into just that. Thats also the main difference between admiration and love. Admiration is momentarily and suddenly, love is something that won't be there or gone from one moment to the next. It simply develops. So there's still a little hope for them, although in my book their relationship is already dead. Just my opinion, though and as I said before. I actually fail with my predictions in 70% of the cases ^^

I hate myself sometimes for that. Should shut down my brains, while reading manga/watching anime more often...because I already know so much of them, I always end up predicting things >.>
So I'm just happy, when a manga or anime actually manages to twist the plot, totally blowing up my data , sending every single one of my predictions straight into hell. Like Bleach in the SS arc, concerning a specific person (no spoiler here, so no tags) XD

As for YuukixZero, oh well, the only thing I doubt about them is their end. Does death spread it's fingers over them or not? I'm happy that its actually unknown until it happens. Keeps the tension up for me. Wouldn't be much of it there without that, because its just too obvious who Yuuki thinks about, at the moment at least. Simply because there are mostly two types of triangle paths. The one where the love develops before the third guy/girl comes into place, hence has no chance from the start and the one, where the guy who gets the girl in the first place (or the other way round) is only a "tool" of admiration or letting of steam, which means he is actually screwed from the moment the relationship starts. I exxagerated a bit here, but I think VK is the latter. Again, sorry guys, for wording your worries. I know it's mean of me. I just can't stop myself from doing it. ;/

edit: messed up the spoilers at first >.>

edit #2: damn my long texts, I always keep mentioning things and when I reach the point where I wanted to write about it, I already forgot about it. >.>

First thing: Zero is in the middle of a change too. He's going from a person that hates (or thinks to hate) everything to somebody who will actually be able to love. He already started loving Yuuki. Poor guy, he will now try to convince himself that he doesn't need her and hates her too. And he will fail miserably at that. Oh yeah, lying to yourself always ends up in FAIL XD
Now he's stuck in the worst possible phase of his own change. And that is only the beginning of his path, heh. But I'm positive that he'll lose that (annoying) attitude of pretending to not care about/hate others in the end.

Second: Kaname has one little comfort at his side, if he loses at the end. Well, given he survives. Yuuki is his little sister, and even if she doesn't choose him, she will always keep loving him somehow. Even if she finds out, that he isn't her real brother, but her ancestor. He will always be her brother. She's that kind of girl, she won't stop loving him, no matter what he does. It will simply not be the love that he wishes for right now.

Last edited by AmrodAegnor; 2009-01-26 at 06:02.
AmrodAegnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 04:06   Link #858
yoh_fangirl

I think that the mangas going to completely change its direction. it was pretty amazing when her artemis transformed and zero was draped in rose thorns. they obvious are going to do what needs to be done, zero's going to slaughter vampires, and yuuki going to protect her lifestyle against both humans and vampires. and they going to realize that they arent protected by cross academy anymore, and most likely miss the simple days as students
yoh_fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 14:23   Link #859
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

the latest chapeter was a bit to blah! i dont know wats comein up on febuary's issue but hopely it will be better.
Spoiler for :
saku-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 07:30   Link #860
Amray

The artwork in Vampire Knight is one of the best I have seen. It is exactly the type of art I adore, the gothic yet fun type.

Matsuri Hino is truely amazing.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga