AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 00:36   Link #121
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

You know that today is still the 16th right? MF bunko title ome out around 25th so unless you have precognition, there's no way you know what happened in volume 5 and find out akito's fiance personality in your false spoiler.

As for vol 4, yes, I do have the original novel, but C-E trans only translate from Chinese version, which is already mentioned several times in the thread, so it's useless even if I do send it to zgmf(which I usually won't, unless the translator specifically asks for it, since LN translator usually has lack of time problem more than lack of raw, unlike their manga counterpart)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 00:49   Link #122
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
I didn't request you to do it alone..

hmm...*see some calculation Warlock made*..
1 translator have average 1 hour total free time In Real Life
1 hour = 2-3 paragraph of light novel

1 team can compose of 4-5 translator
1 hour = 1 chapter

..what if we can unite them all under Ping-bro and Baka-Tsuki ..
..at one time...all team (I estimated there's 3-4 team)...translated one LN only...I think it's possible to make all available LN for that series done in a month. Followed by the next one in order..

just my 2 cent
Your stats are questionable. Anyway, this won't work for a variety of reasons which I won't care to explain now.

Quote:

so you didn't read the recent news that vol 5 released this month?
let leave summary to Larethian and Ping-Bro,
they know the best word to explain that grass like symbols language
in English
uhmmm, I don't read this series......
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 01:27   Link #123
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You know that today is still the 16th right? MF bunko title ome out around 25th so unless you have precognition, there's no way you know what happened in volume 5 and find out akito's fiance personality in your false spoiler.

As for vol 4, yes, I do have the original novel, but C-E trans only translate from Chinese version, which is already mentioned several times in the thread, so it's useless even if I do send it to zgmf(which I usually won't, unless the translator specifically asks for it, since LN translator usually has lack of time problem more than lack of raw, unlike their manga counterpart)
bold
Eh? how did you know? R U also one?
well, mine actually for predict victims movement, such as where she/he'll dodge or run off to. Make job easier in the field. And less bullet to waste
But sometimes it work outside work too, like know what a human will say to me or what animal have in their thought when they in my vision field ..in one occasion they think I'm a magician perform trick with hidden camera
And my false spoiler based on a pattern I saw in other similar genre, also the author ..err...self?
(I can't explain it, just....instinct? like how Sagitarius people can't be put in Financial related job, or Capricorn to be best stationed at Innovation department)
================================================== ==

CE translate from Chinese version only?
....odd...I think Chinese difficulties is higher than Japanese?

hmm..if Chinese is easier than Japanese then I should change my plan to learn Japanese language after this Indonesian language over next month.
Lucky for me, this prison also have class for Chinese language as well as Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Your stats are questionable. Anyway, this won't work for a variety of reasons which I won't care to explain now.
No need to explain, I can guess it why, based on their computer activity and their real life job/occupation

Quote:
uhmmm, I don't read this series......
then I recommend it to U
let just say Miyuki from Mahouka combined with Rika from Haganai to form Akiko
how about that? interested yet?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 21:08   Link #124
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
CE translate from Chinese version only?
....odd...I think Chinese difficulties is higher than Japanese?

hmm..if Chinese is easier than Japanese then I should change my plan to learn Japanese language after this Indonesian language over next month.
Lucky for me, this prison also have class for Chinese language as well as Japanese
You have 10 times more people who speak Chinese than people who speak Japanese. So technically, there's more chance you land on a Chinese translator.
Old 2012-02-18, 08:18   Link #125
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
You have 10 times more people who speak Chinese than people who speak Japanese. So technically, there's more chance you land on a Chinese translator.
but it also mean, Japanese translator is rare than Chinese translator right?
OK, I'll learn Japanese starting March and then attend Chinese class
=============================================
Old 2012-02-18, 11:06   Link #126
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
but it also mean, Japanese translator is rare than Chinese translator right?
OK, I'll learn Japanese starting March and then attend Chinese class
=============================================
Well, CHinese translators are way more proeminant in the Chinese community though.
Old 2012-02-18, 12:51   Link #127
Utsuro no Hako

A bit off topic, but Is there anything like Baka Tsuki for Chinese fiction? For years now, I've heard about how there are Chinese sci-fi magazines with larger circulations than all American SF magazines combined, but I've only ever found a handful of stories that have been officially published.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 13:20   Link #128
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Well, CHinese translators are way more proeminant in the Chinese community though.
funny..since a lot of scanlator always ask for:
Japanese to "x" language translator
and never :
Chinese to "x" language translator

===========
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
A bit off topic, but Is there anything like Baka Tsuki for Chinese fiction? For years now, I've heard about how there are Chinese sci-fi magazines with larger circulations than all American SF magazines combined, but I've only ever found a handful of stories that have been officially published.
they didn't need to publish it, since they have another way..

=============
Old 2012-02-18, 15:32   Link #129
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
funny..since a lot of scanlator always ask for:
Japanese to "x" language translator
and never :
Chinese to "x" language translator
Well, probably because they use to read mangas. Mangas are usually translated Jp-->Eng.

Personally, I don't mind who translates at all, and from which language.
Old 2012-02-19, 02:54   Link #130
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

we should pray for a working program translator that doesnt butcher translations like google and atlas... :P
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 08:01   Link #131
zgmfx09a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, CE translations is an ally (if you can call it that way) to us, so I don't think we'll like to ks the translator (though he's busy with university now). Of course, either Larethian or I may have to talk with him about hosting on B-T, but don't expect any translations from us or him soon unless our new super translator Zephyrus joins the party.
I did mention in one of my posts that I don't mind people taking Onii-Ai off from me if they can do it from Jap -> Eng. So I am fine with Baka-Tsuki 'ks-ing' it if you guys wanna. I'll just post a link on my blog to direct them there.

But once the project is taken off from me, I will most probably not be visiting it back though.

In any case, TW's copy of Vol 2 is already released, so 2 more to go.
zgmfx09a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 10:10   Link #132
Athena
The Power of One

^Holy, you can actually understand traditional Chinese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Chinese S-F? I have some children books in my closets

I have some wuxia novels in Chinese, buti think that Amazon have translated versions of them. Though a place with Chinese translations for them, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
we should pray for a working program translator that doesnt butcher translations like google and atlas... :P
There are some, but...money money money....
Old 2012-02-19, 10:22   Link #133
larethian

Quote:
^Holy, you can actually understand traditional Chinese.
I think most of us in Singapore can to a certain degree. Since official Japanese to Chinese translated manga here used to be all from Taiwan and in trad. Chinese. There's also a following of Taiwanese comics. And I read my all my Jin-Yong and Romance of Three Kingdoms in trad. Chinese. Better yet, Japanese kanji are either exact or similarly stroked as traditional Chinese, saving me much time in the "recognition" part in learning.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 11:31   Link #134
surerman
Banned

Quote:
I think most of us in Singapore can to a certain degree. Since official Japanese to Chinese translated manga here used to be all from Taiwan and in trad. Chinese. There's also a following of Taiwanese comics. And I read my all my Jin-Yong and Romance of Three Kingdoms in trad. Chinese. Better yet, Japanese kanji are either exact or similarly stroked as traditional Chinese, saving me much time in the "recognition" part in learning.
I find it's funny,
while Singapore island native, actually Malay language user, yet this generation Singaporean (newcomer), use Chinese and English.
And none of Singaporean believe that Singapore name come from a word "Singa-Parna" (Singa mean Lion) and formerly known as Tumasik Island, before Mr.Raffles come from Bengkulu province (Sumatra island west region under V.O.C. of Netherland) and rename it after first creature he seen on that island.

=========================
back to LN

since master of CE already gave his approval...
Kuro-bro?, I think it's fine for you now, to send team on Baka-tsuki your Onii-Ai raws, so they can translate it.

dammit!
March please come faster!
so I can learn Japanese language and join the fun of Translation with Baka-tsuki team
Old 2012-02-19, 14:37   Link #135
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Somehow, my parents can manage to read both Simp. and Trad. Chinese pretty well. Though I need to Machine-translate them in my case.
Quote:
Kuro-bro?, I think it's fine for you now, to send team on Baka-tsuki your Onii-Ai raws, so they can translate it.

dammit!
so I can learn Japanese language and join the fun of Translation with Baka-tsuki team
BT is currently lacking translators, as always. Though you could try your luck with Kuroi, there's no real other Japanese translators who are free. Lare will retire soon, Ping is beating his head up and down for Gundam Unicorn, C-Z, Akuma doing DxD, Hikari and CosE interested in White Album, DNK is on teasers, J112 and Stella on Kampfer, UN and csmith on Shana, Eusth on another project, AB on RM, Js on OreImo, Index and Heavy Object, etc. Others are Chinese translators.

I must have named quite a few.
Old 2012-02-19, 18:01   Link #136
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Somehow, my parents can manage to read both Simp. and Trad. Chinese pretty well. Though I need to Machine-translate them in my case.
In learning Language, it's just about exposure and exercise, the more U use it, the more U become fluent in it

Me my self planning to hack other vBulletin based forum to practice my Indonesian language in the end of this month. Having a chat with other people username with their language, its sure exciting, especially if they start to become curious about your grammar

Quote:
BT is currently lacking translators, as always. Though you could try your luck with Kuroi, there's no real other Japanese translators who are free. Lare will retire soon, Ping is beating his head up and down for Gundam Unicorn, C-Z, Akuma doing DxD, Hikari and CosE interested in White Album, DNK is on teasers, J112 and Stella on Kampfer, UN and csmith on Shana, Eusth on another project, AB on RM, Js on OreImo, Index and Heavy Object, etc. Others are Chinese translators.

I must have named quite a few.
wait! what?!
why?
I thought Lare want to take Mahouka as his translating project yet he retired?
It's not good if you not use up your skill (in this case, Language) since it can become dull like a knife that not been used for a long time.
Exercise and Sharing is a good combination U know?
Old 2012-02-19, 19:21   Link #137
potchip

This is a LN where the appeal is not in the story, or content (fairly standard as far as LNs go), rather the sentence structure and prose. Many characters have their specific quriky way to say things or thought pattern that's reflect in their mannerism that defines them. Unfortunately when translating these into a totally unrelated language say English, the nuiances will be lost and only meaning conveyed.

The Chinese translation is pretty spot on on that account though, the languages being similar.

It's also not quite just about bro-con - there's a visible trangular relationship - Akiko is adored by the other girls and in turn had to suffer the teasing (or abuse?).
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 20:51   Link #138
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
I find it's funny,
while Singapore island native, actually Malay language user, yet this generation Singaporean (newcomer), use Chinese and English.
And none of Singaporean believe that Singapore name come from a word "Singa-Parna" (Singa mean Lion) and formerly known as Tumasik Island, before Mr.Raffles come from Bengkulu province (Sumatra island west region under V.O.C. of Netherland) and rename it after first creature he seen on that island.

=========================
back to LN

dammit!
I think I already mentioned that I don't evn have time to finish my baka to test translation haven't I? Baka to test will remain my first priority if I do return to actively translate(at least until I finish translating the volume). It probably won't happen until at least next year though. Taking professional certification exam every 2 months while doing full time works is really draining >_<
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 21:13   Link #139
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I think I already mentioned that I don't evn have time to finish my baka to test translation haven't I? Baka to test will remain my first priority if I do return to actively translate(at least until I finish translating the volume). It probably won't happen until at least next year though. Taking professional certification exam every 2 months while doing full time works is really draining >_<
just what kind of certificate that require you to take exam every 2 month? CISCO?, XNS?, Autocad?
don't tell me you failed so you must repeat it so frequently

and..if you still want to focus on Baka Test, may be I can have those Onii-Ai vol4 file as my training material when learn Japanese in next 2 weeks
Old 2012-02-19, 22:29   Link #140
Athena
The Power of One

Surerman, share your daily lesson with me then. I suck in Japanese.

Tags
romance, shounen