AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 23:38   Link #461
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If the DLC is showing properly, then I can't think of anything unless you turned off Spotpass by accident. If not, try turning it off then back on again anyway.
Yeah that worked, thanks.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 00:53   Link #462
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Holy shit... Lunatic+ is kicking my ass. Multiple enemies with counter even before you have access to DLC? When your lifeline is frigging Frederick with no access to ranged weapons? And sometimes they have pass so it makes protecting Lissa that much more difficult? Oh joy... it seems RNG plays a big role in success/defeat even BEFORE you begin the battle.

But yeah, seems like I need to revise my inheritance. With counter being way more prevalent, and the presence of pavis+/aegis+, it's now paramount to be able to have more access to galeforce-bowyers. I can just imagine how much headache it's gonna be against Pavis+/Counter Generals later on.

Avatar F - MAG asset/SKL flaw - Sorcerer
Chrom - Great Lord
I found that hit rates are pretty much 100% when paired up, and giving SKL flaw allows access to her children 47 LCK ie. unbreakable weapons when paired up with any class, and with no additional skill slots used.
Sorcerer I'd imagine would still be useful despite Aegis+ halving damage, or Luna+ users being able to burst you, because of the sheer versatility dark tomes gives you (vampiric, artillery, and double attack tomes).

Lucina - Chrom/Avatar - Great Lord
Inigo - Olivia/Stahl - Warrior
Lucina has no access to bows, but Aether kinda makes up for it. And I'm actually thinking of using Dual ATK+, as support attacks aren't affected by counter. Hmm.... will think about it when the time comes.

Owain - Lissa/Gregor - Warrior
Kjelle - Sully/Donnel - Assassin
Owain's 47 base luck means no need for Swordmaster (unlike Inigo whos only way of realistically achieving 47 luck is by getting Ricken as father), allowing him Assassin pair for more STR. Sure he only achieves 50 SPD, but Kjelle can take care of enemy Assassins/Swordmasters. Kjelle is taken over Severa because Kjelle has natural access to Assassin, while Severa can have higher STR to better utilize the lower might ranged weapons if given other fathers.

Severa - Cordelia/Frederick - Bride
Laurent - Miriel/Kellam - Berserker
I had a Paladin last game and they functioned pretty much as mounted Great Lords, but Bride's access to bows makes them superior in Lunatic+.
And I take back what I said for Berserkers before... they're actually pretty good end game, provided you don't put them as the active unit of the pair due to their pathetic defenses. And this setup allows Severa to twoshot with Gradivus everything but Wyvern Lords/Great Knights/Generals, all of which have weaknesses that can be exploited. Oh yeah, Laurent is the pair because he can't support Brady but Yarne can. Which leads to...

Brady - Maribelle/Libra - Sorcerer
Yarne - Panne/Lon'qu - Trickster
Sorcerer #2. Lon'qu given to Yarne to get Swordfaire, and Trickster was chosen despite bad stats because it gives the most relevant pair up bonuses to Brady. Plus the removal of a dedicated staff user means that having more 'off-staff users' isn't a bad thing.

Morgan - Avatar/Chrom - Sorcerer
Noire - Tharja/Virion - Bride
Sorcerer #3. Virion chosen because of access to deliverer.

Cynthia - Sumia/Henry - Sorcerer
Gerome - Cherche/Vaike - Dread Fighter
Sorcerer #4. Dread Fighter chosen over War Monk because of SPD.

Nah - Nowi/Gaius - Manakete
I found out that even unpaired up, they generally ignore Nah anyways. With a lot of later game maps capping units at 15, Nah makes the perfect 'extra unit' as a Rallyer. Very useful when combined with Quadra Sorcerers raining Mire death from far away, as the +6 MAG really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father- Prepare to die."
You have no idea how hard I was trying to find ANY reference to that in any of his supports, to no avail.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 04:21   Link #463
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I didn't even watch the Princess Bride, I got that from Suburban Knights
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 14:52   Link #464
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Blasphemy!
Old 2013-03-30, 16:07   Link #465
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya You killed my hamster..."

"Father."

"THAT'S NOT EVEN A PERSON!!!"
Old 2013-03-30, 16:12   Link #466
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Holy shit... Lunatic+ is kicking my ass. Multiple enemies with counter even before you have access to DLC? When your lifeline is frigging Frederick with no access to ranged weapons? And sometimes they have pass so it makes protecting Lissa that much more difficult? Oh joy... it seems RNG plays a big role in success/defeat even BEFORE you begin the battle.
Yeah... there's literally nothing you can do about Counter that early into the game. Lunatic+ was really poorly designed in my opinion. They just randomly gave enemies powerful skills with no pattern at all. You can work around Luna+, Vantage+, but there's nothing you can do about Counter.

You'll have no choice but to reset or leave and reenter sometimes to get a favorable skill spread across enemies. That... or you can make +Def Avatar instead.

Quote:
But yeah, seems like I need to revise my inheritance. With counter being way more prevalent, and the presence of pavis+/aegis+, it's now paramount to be able to have more access to galeforce-bowyers. I can just imagine how much headache it's gonna be against Pavis+/Counter Generals later on.

Avatar F - MAG asset/SKL flaw - Sorcerer
Chrom - Great Lord
I found that hit rates are pretty much 100% when paired up, and giving SKL flaw allows access to her children 47 LCK ie. unbreakable weapons when paired up with any class, and with no additional skill slots used.
Sorcerer I'd imagine would still be useful despite Aegis+ halving damage, or Luna+ users being able to burst you, because of the sheer versatility dark tomes gives you (vampiric, artillery, and double attack tomes).
Oh god... please don't choose Skl flaw. I thought hit rates would be close to 100%everytime too because the main game was so easy, but then I just tried the new Rogues & and Redeemers DLC and I was getting 60% hit rates on Swordmasters there with my Paired Up +Mag -Str Sorceror Avatar with all capped stats (Skl caps at 37).

Unless you're going to forge +hit on every single tome and avoid all enemies with Tomebreaker, you're going to need that hit rate and that extra Skl for skill activation rates.

Quote:
Lucina - Chrom/Avatar - Great Lord
Inigo - Olivia/Stahl - Warrior
Lucina has no access to bows, but Aether kinda makes up for it. And I'm actually thinking of using Dual ATK+, as support attacks aren't affected by counter. Hmm.... will think about it when the time comes.
If you're going with a +Mag -Skl Avatar, that's not really helpful to Lucina or Morgan at all.

Quote:
Owain - Lissa/Gregor - Warrior
Kjelle - Sully/Donnel - Assassin
Owain's 47 base luck means no need for Swordmaster (unlike Inigo whos only way of realistically achieving 47 luck is by getting Ricken as father), allowing him Assassin pair for more STR. Sure he only achieves 50 SPD, but Kjelle can take care of enemy Assassins/Swordmasters. Kjelle is taken over Severa because Kjelle has natural access to Assassin, while Severa can have higher STR to better utilize the lower might ranged weapons if given other fathers.
Kjelle isn't killing any Assassins or Swordmasters because of her poor cap modifers. Sully gives -1Str and +2Spd while Donnel gives +1 Str and -1Spd.
Combined with the +1 to all modifiers all children get, that gives Kjelle only +1Str and +2Spd in maximum stats. She is not doubling any Spd capped Swordmasters or Assassins. As mentioned below, if a 2nd gen character is not one-rounding everything except Generals, their offense is lacking. Two-rounding with a 2nd gen character you intend to be an offensive attacker is not acceptable.

If the reason why you hooked up Sully with Donnel is so that Kjelle gets access to Pegasus Knight for the Dark Flier's Galeforce, Gaius would be the better husband. He passes down Pegasus Knight as well while having better max stat modifiers: +1Str and +2Spd - the stats that an Assassin needs.

Quote:
I had a Paladin last game and they functioned pretty much as mounted Great Lords, but Bride's access to bows makes them superior in Lunatic+.
And I take back what I said for Berserkers before... they're actually pretty good end game, provided you don't put them as the active unit of the pair due to their pathetic defenses. And this setup allows Severa to twoshot with Gradivus everything but Wyvern Lords/Great Knights/Generals, all of which have weaknesses that can be exploited. Oh yeah, Laurent is the pair because he can't support Brady but Yarne can. Which leads to...
Huh? You do realize that Fred's Spd penalty is going to hurt Severa's offense, which in turn hurts her Galeforce activation, right? Twoshotting enemies is not good.

And the reason why you use Paladin is because it gives better Pair Up Bonuses than Great Lord (Paladin gives +Str and +spd while Great Lord only gives +skl and +spd). For Chrom who has a mediocre 42 Spd cap as a Great Lord, you can make better use of him as a Paladin with Dual Attack+ and Dual Guard+.

Also, why in the world would you pair Miriel up with Kellam, then make him a Berserker after all that? Miriel herself has a -2Str penalty. Laurent has access to both Sage and Sorceror, so out of all the units, why didn't you make him a Sorceror when Laurent was designed to be a mage from the beginning?

Quote:
Brady - Maribelle/Libra - Sorcerer
Yarne - Panne/Lon'qu - Trickster
Sorcerer #2. Lon'qu given to Yarne to get Swordfaire, and Trickster was chosen despite bad stats because it gives the most relevant pair up bonuses to Brady. Plus the removal of a dedicated staff user means that having more 'off-staff users' isn't a bad thing.
If the only reason you're using Trickster is for relevant Pair Up bonuses and access to staves, Sage does it better. Sorceror gets more Mag while Sage also has superior offense for Dual Attacks and in the case where your Sage ends up as the frontline unit from ending the turn with Staff usage.

Using Yarne to support Brady when Yarne would inherit +7 Spd in this case is a huge waste. If anything Yarne should be the Assassin supported by a Berserker. He already has the Spd to double other Assassins and Swordmasters without Pair Up bonuses.

Quote:
Cynthia - Sumia/Henry - Sorcerer
Gerome - Cherche/Vaike - Dread Fighter
Sorcerer #4. Dread Fighter chosen over War Monk because of SPD.
Dread Fighter has middling Spd. This is also isn't a very ideal pair since Cynthia can't do anything with the high Str boost Gerome gives, and Gerome can't do anything with the Mag bonus Cynthia gives as a Sorceror.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Nah - Nowi/Gaius - Manakete
I found out that even unpaired up, they generally ignore Nah anyways. With a lot of later game maps capping units at 15, Nah makes the perfect 'extra unit' as a Rallyer. Very useful when combined with Quadra Sorcerers raining Mire death from far away, as the +6 MAG really helps.
If you're using Nah as a Rallyer, that means she will not be doing any killing herself, meaning Galeforce will be useless.

You seem to be missing the mark with a lot of these setups: the reason why you want children to have Galeforce is because they're supposed to be strong offensive units designed to kill enemies on Player Phase, yet the majority of your 2nd gen units aren't designed to kill. Nah isn't killing, Kjelle can't kill because of her poor inheritance, and Severa will have trouble killing because of her inheritance. Then there's Kellam fathered Laurent as Berserker.... which makes no sense at all.

I think you're placing too much concern on surviving an Enemy Phase full of Counter users that you mixing up your priorities. Take a step back and first decide whether you want your unit to be an offensive unit or a defensive one. If you want it an offensive unit, then prioritize Galeforce and inheriting the highest Str or Mag and Spd modifiers possible and sticking in classes with the highest Str/Mag and Spd caps. Forget about Counter enemies. Forget about using bows. Your attackers are designed to kill and leave nothing standing, or to kill one and run away with Galeforce. Your offense is your defense in this case.

If you want a defensive/support unit, then this is where you think about Pair Up bonuses, staff usage, access to Rally skills and movement. In this case you don't need Galeforce because your unit is not killing. This is when you prioritize either support skills like Dual Attack+, Dual Support+, Dual Guard+, or defensive skills that ensure their survival, like Renewal, Miracle, Pavise, Aegis, etc.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 18:04   Link #467
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for Morgan:
Spoiler:

Quote:
There's some spoilerific implications with Morgan that are difficult to answer unless you know the true identity of the Avatar and what happened in the bad future Lucina and the other children came from. It wouldn't be fun to spoil that even in tags, so I'll just say to finish the main story.
Alright, I'll take your word for it.

Quote:

And I take back what I said for Berserkers before... they're actually pretty good end game, provided you don't put them as the active unit of the pair due to their pathetic defenses.
Interesting, I have Gergor as my Berserker and he's got pretty solid defense, but then he was Mercenary before he was reclassed...

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-31 at 00:15.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 23:54   Link #468
Shadow5YA

It's not exactly a direct answer but more of an implication. The main story primarily focuses on the Avatar, Chrom, and Lucina, so if you're expecting a detailed explanation on Morgan you'll be disappointed.

However, once you know everything that happened in Lucina's future and put two and two together, I think there are many reasons why Morgan cannot have come from the same place.
Old 2013-03-31, 03:34   Link #469
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Actually one of the DLCs (Future of Despair) answers what the deal is with Morgan (sort off-ish).
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:10   Link #470
GDB

Quote:
However, once you know everything that happened in Lucina's future and put two and two together, I think there are many reasons why Morgan cannot have come from the same place.
Well, it really depends on who the Avatar's spouse is. If it's a 2nd Gen character, then yeah has to be an alternate future. If it's a 1st Gen character, they can easily come from the same future (in fact, Owain as Morgan's brother has a really sweet support conversation).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:35   Link #471
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, it really depends on who the Avatar's spouse is. If it's a 2nd Gen character, then yeah has to be an alternate future. If it's a 1st Gen character, they can easily come from the same future (in fact, Owain as Morgan's brother has a really sweet support conversation).
Well, I like to think that in Lucina's future the Avatar never actually married, since he/she...

Spoiler for beginning scene and major ending spoilers:

I think it's more fitting for Morgan to come from an alternate future anyway, because then you could say Morgan is the bond that influences the Avatar the most to save the future. Also, it would explain his lack of memory, because in an alternate future, none of the events in the main story or Lucina's future would happen in the first place.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-03-31 at 15:46.
Old 2013-03-31, 16:05   Link #472
GDB

Quote:
Well, I like to think that in Lucina's future the Avatar never actually married, since he/she...

Spoiler for beginning scene and major ending spoilers:

I think it's more fitting for Morgan to come from an alternate future anyway, because then you could say Morgan is the bond that influences the Avatar the most to save the future. Also, it would explain his lack of memory, because in an alternate future, none of the events in the main story or Lucina's future would happen in the first place.
Spoiler for Ending:

Main thing is, Morgan's siblings (at least Lucina and, especially, Owain) know who Morgan is. Owain especially is very protective of his little sister, and female Morgan's personality is actually quite similar to Lissa's.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 16:14   Link #473
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler for Ending:

Main thing is, Morgan's siblings (at least Lucina and, especially, Owain) know who Morgan is. Owain especially is very protective of his little sister, and female Morgan's personality is actually quite similar to Lissa's.
But Lucina's sibing supports are all the same. A generic support conversation doesn't really help Morgan's case when she says the same thing with any other character as her sibling.

Morgan's sibling supports are generic as well, which also doesn't really help his/her case because he/she could just as easily have some unnamed character from another world as his sibling.
Old 2013-04-02, 07:18   Link #474
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Today is Tharja's birthday?! I had no idea!

Old 2013-04-02, 07:56   Link #475
JohnNiles

Yep, the game is so nice, telling you when it's someone's birthday and giving some birthday presents. I usually speed through the day's events (had to set the campaign aside to play Etrian Odyssey 3 & 4), but I think this deserves a photo or something.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 23:44   Link #476
Iron Maw
Banned

Hooo boooy

Old 2013-04-03, 00:02   Link #477
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...What have you been teaching your daughter?
Old 2013-04-03, 01:02   Link #478
Shadow5YA

Morgan is a pretty... off... character. It's kind of like Henry tier eccentric without the gory "I disarm people by taking off their arms!" jokes.

Yeah... eccentric is the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
http://i.imgur.com/FAdWDP7.png
How do you take screenshots on your 3DS?
Old 2013-04-03, 02:39   Link #479
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
What every Avatar should be teaching Morgan: how to be a cute, efficient killing machine for Daddy, duh. Especially with mine, since her mom did wind up being put to sleep back when she was a kid to prevent her from destroying the world, and Morgan's doing her best to live up to Tiki's example!
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 15:51   Link #480
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Not my kid.

But I suddenly wish it were damnnit.

Quote:

How do you take screenshots on your 3DS?
I found this off GameFAQs, so I didn't take it myself.

Tags
3ds, fire emblem