AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 27 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.47%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-25, 22:35   Link #41
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Closest thing of that we got from Kazumi was "Maybe I don't have a chance after all." Though that may be a concern. That kind of thinking could tempt her to use the hougu Pheles gave her. If it means getting the Reiji Maigo back to Yuji and thus saving him....Next episode should be interesting.

Poor Margery...knew it was going to be an ambush but had to be done. SHe's in a pretty bad spot right there. Shana and Carmel will just need to handle the situation themselves. Of course going up against Hecate and Metamorphosis will keep them occupied. May be left up to Yuji to deal with what's inside.

Was a little worried at the start. That scream of his...But really he did a nice job. Managed to pull himself together and knew that he had to do what he could. Shooting fireballs and slashing up the robots, he's doing a nice job.

Preview gives impression that Yuji will make a choice in some regard. But if it's going to be anime original and leave things open for a third season...Hopefully it's not like last time where it's conveniently not heard .
Kazumi thinking she may not have a chance is fine. She still has a chance, so I'm happy, even if she's doubtful. Don't give up, Kazumi! You can win his heart for sure!

My hopes are that they wrap everything up next episode. Honestly, they tied season 1 and season 2 together quite nicely with the POE flood at the end of Season 1 and Silver at the end of this season. At least, I think that's Silver... A third season to me would be disastrous. Maybe an OVA series to wrap it up, but not another 24 episodes...
Old 2008-03-25, 23:21   Link #42
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
P.S. Why did Yuji even drop Blutsauger at the end? Not enough P.O.E?
He didn't drop it. It got stuck in the winding metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
10. This was exciting, this was climatic, and it had excellent music. I wrote a longer responce before, so I'll keep it at this.

I thought Kazumi told Shana "You can have him", so this was going to be a 1, but I guess not.
Kazumi would go the way of Kotonoha even before she'll give Yuji to Shana

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-03-26 at 03:09. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Old 2008-03-26, 00:05   Link #43
feRfe

i like where this is going despite it being an anime original ending
Old 2008-03-26, 00:44   Link #44
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

All i can say, Shana in Wilehima's embrace was SUPER KAAAWAAAAAAIII 10/10 .
Old 2008-03-26, 01:30   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yuji's scream, Yuji's choice: "Okaaaaa-san!"
Old 2008-03-26, 02:22   Link #46
viny
a new otaku

amazing stuff

whoa, they manage to string the whole plot together with a few lines from the crazy doctor, a bit unsatisfying but was reasonably logical

Can't wait till the last episode. Wonder if they'll leave it open again? (for 3rd series, which was rumored to happen)
Old 2008-03-26, 08:30   Link #47
greyhawk
Some dude

It all just pays off man, I knew I was right to endure the whole harem part ^^. Hooray SnS!
(So Margery Daw never had the chance to kick Sydonay's ass, poor her)
Old 2008-03-26, 09:04   Link #48
Deathscyther

Great episode. Earns a solid 9 from me.

They tied all the fillers together with this episode (except episode 1 and 2 of season 2) and I think that they did great. The Konoe arc wasn't in vain after all. They did have a reason to do it, except for the harem part! =D

Spoiler for about this episode:

This episode and probably the next one, combined with the sabrac battle make the season worthwhile again in my eyes. Let's just hope that they'll finish the season in a great manner ^_^
Old 2008-03-26, 09:46   Link #49
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

With the Professor's explanation, at least they tried to make some sense into the purpose of sticking those last 5 episodes into season 1, as well as justifying the insertion of Konoe Fumina than just a mere fanservice tool.

Still, I must say, Professor, have you been infected by the "Bond Villain Sickness" that you must feel compelled to explain your entire plot to your enemies before its success is 100% guaranteed? (Though it's entirely believable with his exaggerated personality. Were Sydonay, Bel-Peol or even Hecate to do the plot exposition, it would have generated even more "WTF" responses. )

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2008-03-26 at 10:00.
Old 2008-03-26, 10:14   Link #50
K-san
*Fansubber

Very good 2nd to last episode.

Spoiler:

As the ending is an anime original, we could see another series. (I hope so)
Old 2008-03-26, 10:17   Link #51
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I don't perceive that the last episode is going to be a flop. On the contrary, the penultimate was a blast from another dimension. It looks like the ending for season two is reminiscent to the ending of season one.

We have the right to be concerned on how the animation staff will handle things, since there's only one episode left but still several subplots that aren't tied.

People, this isn't new in Shana. The same happened for the last episodes of the previous season, and yet they managed to tied a few of the loose knots and at the same time explicitly paving way for the continuation (season two).

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-26, 10:42   Link #52
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I don't perceive that the last episode is going to be a flop. On the contrary, the penultimate was a blast from another dimension. It looks like the ending for season two is reminiscent to the ending of season one.

We have the right to be concerned on how the animation staff will handle things, since there's only one episode left but still several subplots that aren't tied.

People, this isn't new in Shana. The same happened for the last episodes of the previous season, and yet they managed to tied a few of the loose knots and at the same time explicitly paving way for the continuation (season two).

Spoiler:
I truly wonder if Bal Masque knows what they are getting into. What they are creating seems more like a monster than anything else. If this so called Statue of Pride is as powerful it seems to be it could very easily have a will of its own and decide to lay waste to everything including Ball Masque. Thats the problem with creating something more powerful than yourself controlling it is the issue and with that much POE unless you pull the RM out its pretty much godly
Old 2008-03-26, 11:06   Link #53
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I truly wonder if Bal Masque knows what they are getting into. What they are creating seems more like a monster than anything else. If this so called Statue of Pride is as powerful it seems to be it could very easily have a will of its own and decide to lay waste to everything including Ball Masque. Thats the problem with creating something more powerful than yourself controlling it is the issue and with that much POE unless you pull the RM out its pretty much godly
Its heart is Reiji Maigo, but it has the mind and memories of Konoe Fumina (the vessel that they're talking about). I guess it'll come alive, look curiously at the bird resting nearby, and pet it.

Of course, that's assuming that Silver is just an empty container that provides the body and nothing else. But I've always wondered about those eyes inside it, whether they're existences, and if they have a will and mind of their own. What exactly are they?
Old 2008-03-26, 11:27   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
Its heart is Reiji Maigo, but it has the mind and memories of Konoe Fumina (the vessel that they're talking about). I guess it'll come alive, look curiously at the bird resting nearby, and pet it.

Of course, that's assuming that Silver is just an empty container that provides the body and nothing else. But I've always wondered about those eyes inside it, whether they're existences, and if they have a will and mind of their own. What exactly are they?
Thats a good question im just wondering whats its personality will be like. Technically its has the memories of someone else. It could do exactly the opposite of what Bal M. wants it to do. There is so much mystery behind it im curious as to what will happen. Will it follow orders? Will it betray Bal M. so many questions i have about the internal workings of it. They are assuming the experiment is a success but that remains to be seen. I cant see how the memories they gave it would make it evil after all its brain is filled with happy memories of Yuuji, Shana, and everyone else.

Off topic for a bit the way things are going im not so sure we will get a true Shana, kazumi and Yuuji resolution. If this is going to be anime original ending it looks like they are possibly shooting for a 3rd season i cant see this wrapping up in the last episode unless they do some epic as all hell.
Old 2008-03-26, 11:48   Link #55
BigGimp77

So was there parts of season 1 that was filler also? I wasn't on any forums at the time so I'm not quite sure.

And they actually didn't mess up this episode as bad as it could have been. I kinda enjoyed it a little bit. The doctors explanation tying all the fillers in together were nice, and it didn't seem too far fetched.

Although I really dislike Anime Original endings to seasons, If they leave enough of a window to allow a third season I'd be happy. They are making ZnT 3 so i think SnS 3 defiantly has a shot. Hopefully a third season they could iron out the wrinkles they had here in season two.

Although they DO need to end this triangle once and for all, please don't drag on for a third season if there is one.
Old 2008-03-26, 12:31   Link #56
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
So was there parts of season 1 that was filler also? I wasn't on any forums at the time so I'm not quite sure.

And they actually didn't mess up this episode as bad as it could have been. I kinda enjoyed it a little bit. The doctors explanation tying all the fillers in together were nice, and it didn't seem too far fetched.

Although I really dislike Anime Original endings to seasons, If they leave enough of a window to allow a third season I'd be happy. They are making ZnT 3 so i think SnS 3 defiantly has a shot. Hopefully a third season they could iron out the wrinkles they had here in season two.

Although they DO need to end this triangle once and for all, please don't drag on for a third season if there is one.
The final episodes of season 1 were anime-original as well. The whole thing with Serei-den and Yuji and Shana almost dying was all anime-original (filler)

And yeah, I agree. They have to solve the love triangle. If they drag it any more, then it'll really start annoying the watchers.
Old 2008-03-26, 12:59   Link #57
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Uh, am I the only one who's against a Season III at this point? (Don't count on it being the case when episode 24 comes out - I want to see how Season II ends first before I finalize my decision)
Old 2008-03-26, 13:01   Link #58
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Uh, am I the only one who's against a Season III at this point?
I am too, but probably for completely unrelated reasons.
Old 2008-03-26, 13:02   Link #59
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
The final episodes of season 1 were anime-original as well. The whole thing with Serei-den and Yuji and Shana almost dying was all anime-original (filler)

And yeah, I agree. They have to solve the love triangle. If they drag it any more, then it'll really start annoying the watchers.
Wow I had no Idea it was Anime original. Usually I can pick out when an anime uses filler material. I'm actually kind of suprised, I thought the end of the first season was pretty good.

And I'd much rather have a third season of 'awkward bf/gf moments' with Shana and Yuji rather then the whole 'I can't confess or pick a girl moments' Also if they end the love triangle, it would help Kazumi's character out immensely (assuming she doesn't die in episode 24) because then she wouldn't be limited to the 'Shana's rival' role any more.

TBH what I really hope for is if there is a season three, Yuji has a complete change in personality. Suddenly he becomes obsessed with boobs and turns into a pervert. Then Shana needs to develop a catch phrase like "Urasai Urasai Urasai, Yuji you stupid dog" and repeat it at least 10 times an episode. Also their relationship has to be completely effed up. Like they need to get married in an episode then 5 minutes later Yuji has to be sexually harrasing girls. I think JC Staff has it in them. [end sarcasm]
Old 2008-03-26, 13:08   Link #60
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Wow I had no Idea it was Anime original. Usually I can pick out when an anime uses filler material. I'm actually kind of suprised, I thought the end of the first season was pretty good.

And I'd much rather have a third season of 'awkward bf/gf moments' with Shana and Yuji rather then the whole 'I can't confess or pick a girl moments' Also if they end the love triangle, it would help Kazumi's character out immensely (assuming she doesn't die in episode 24) because then she wouldn't be limited to the 'Shana's rival' role any more.
With Shana and Yuji? Why Shana? Doesn't have to be. Kazumi will win! Whether it's in this season or fanfiction that I consider canon, she will win!

But, I don't know... A 3rd season would really just be overkill. No more love triangle to deal with, the Bal Masque's great scheme completely failed (Unless it succeeds, in which there are endless posibilities), and most of the novel material is covered. There'd be nothing left to the story.