AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-20, 07:36   Link #21
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Lets clear this, they changed the fight in anime. They made Shukaku look lot stronger than Gamabunta. But in Manga it was Gama hit+henge done+bit+Shukaku gone.But in anime Shukaku firing lots of balls. Shukaku pushing Gama, Shukaku fighting Kyubi Gama. So that made Shukaku look like he was stronger that Gama, but infact Gamabunta is equal or stronger than Shukaku.

well watch
Spoiler:

Plus don't forget Gamabunta is a Summoning Lord he is supposed to fight with the summoner. Not to win the fight only fighting by himself. So Naruto was pretty much useless. And Garaa he used desert coffin help Shukaku come out and stuff. But if it was Jiraiya on Gama Shukaku was toast then.
Old 2004-04-20, 08:03   Link #22
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
So that made Shukaku look like he was stronger that Gama, but infact Gamabunta is equal or stronger than Shukaku.
lol? There is a reason why Naruto was told to "rough up that medium kid", Shukaku is stronger. One thing I agree with is that they didn't show the difference between the released Shukaku and the surpressed one (w & w/o Tanuki Neiru), because he was pretty much supposed to pwn the surpressed one.
Old 2004-04-20, 08:16   Link #23
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
lol? There is a reason why Naruto was told to "rough up that medium kid", Shukaku is stronger.
well... I don't think you can be sure about that... maybe Gama just didn't want to go through all the trouble fighting him and was just choosing the easiest way (sounds quite fair to me...)
Quote:
One thing I agree with is that they didn't show the difference between the released Shukaku and the surpressed one (w & w/o Tanuki Neiru), because he was pretty much supposed to pwn the surpressed one.
hmm... the only thing I saw the one w/o it do was desert coffin, not really an improvement compared to standard-Gaara. the one with it on the other hand, released quite some powerful chackra balls there, and I don't see Gaara doing that.
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 08:25   Link #24
Nine Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
lol? There is a reason why Naruto was told to "rough up that medium kid", Shukaku is stronger. One thing I agree with is that they didn't show the difference between the released Shukaku and the surpressed one (w & w/o Tanuki Neiru), because he was pretty much supposed to pwn the surpressed one.
why in the hell should he go all out and thus killing Shukaku along with Garaa? When there is a easier way and save the upcoming story?
Old 2004-04-20, 08:30   Link #25
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

lol I'm sure that's what he thought: "I can't kill Gaara now because then he wouldn't be able to
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2004-04-20, 08:36   Link #26
Nine Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
lol I'm sure that's what he thought: "I can't kill Gaara now because then he wouldn't be able to
Spoiler for manga:
lol not he maybe but Kishimoto sensei definatly
Old 2004-04-20, 10:20   Link #27
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Lets clear this, they changed the fight in anime. They made Shukaku look lot stronger than Gamabunta. But in Manga it was Gama hit+henge done+bit+Shukaku gone.But in anime Shukaku firing lots of balls. Shukaku pushing Gama, Shukaku fighting Kyubi Gama. So that made Shukaku look like he was stronger that Gama, but infact Gamabunta is equal or stronger than Shukaku.

well watch
Spoiler:

Plus don't forget Gamabunta is a Summoning Lord he is supposed to fight with the summoner. Not to win the fight only fighting by himself. So Naruto was pretty much useless. And Garaa he used desert coffin help Shukaku come out and stuff. But if it was Jiraiya on Gama Shukaku was toast then.
Yes, the Anime showed more of Shukaku outclassing Gama than the manga. However, the manga also most definitely implied that Gama is stronger. For one, it still had those quotes: "Even after the jutsu is released, I'm still being pushed." and "He (Naruto) and I should both be at our limits (out of chakra)." Shukaku, on the other hand, sounded like he wanted to keep going all day.

Also, the Anime in some ways toned down the ownage of Gama. Look at chapter 135 page 12, when Shukaku hits Gama with the air ball. In the anime it just looks like Gama screwed up, firing two balls against Shukaku's three. However, in the manga, it really looks like Shukaku overwhelmed Gama's attack by firing them off faster than Gama could keep up with.

I don't see how
Spoiler:
has anything to do with anything, since Shukaku wasn't in it. We have no idea how much arse he would have kicked if he were there.

Finally, Jiraiya on Gama is not a fair comparison, since

1. Jiraiya is way more powerful than Gaara.
2. Gaara didn't do jack while Shukaku was out.

If Shukaku were to fight Gama one on one (say before Shukaku got sealed into Gaara, for example), then I think Shukaku would totally own him.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 11:13   Link #28
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Gama's counter to the chakra balls was simply not strong enough againts Shukaku's. Gama with all his pride and arogance admitted that the chakra ball was damn painful.The frogman realized that he won't be able to keep up so he thought of a plan to take care of Shukaku.

Now I realize that brains are just as important in a fight, but when it comes to brute strength Gamabunta was outmatched.

Nine Devil: you need to reread the manga. The fight is almost identical in manga or anime.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 11:18   Link #29
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Edit: do you people enjoy using each other's animated gifs? expecially when there is like a million of them.
Well, I put it up for grabs, so whoever wants it could use it..

But if that greatly offends you I could probably set up some kind of application form to prevent this great travesty from occuring again..
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 12:45   Link #30
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Well, I put it up for grabs, so whoever wants it could use it..

But if that greatly offends you I could probably set up some kind of application form to prevent this great travesty from occuring again..
Ohhh nooo that's not what I ment. Some people were using the same gif. I didn't mean like. "Don't use the gifs people make for you." Just ... cmoooon there is so many cool ones out there, stay original ... grab your own.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote