AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 02:04   Link #21
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod
Hmm...I'd say cagalli is underrated. People don't give her enough credit for running a country at 18 years old.
Credit??!?!?! I wouldn't give Cagali a credit-card...

For once why don't you explain your statements...

Now she might be underrated (In SEED for sure), but in GSD she was very overrated...
Old 2006-02-01, 04:45   Link #22
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
I think Miguel got his Orange Ginn destroyed before using a green one. Says here: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see...017-miguel.htm. So being owned by Kira wasn't his first time, and wasn't it that Miguel got 2 Ginn's destroyed/taken out by Kira? poor Miguel....
Miguel had to face Gai in his own custom Ginn, and in my opinion, Miguel's suit came out of the fight in beter shape than Gai's, so he wasn't "owned" like you say, it was more or less a draw.
Miguel's only mistake was to face Strike again in a grunt suit.
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 04:51   Link #23
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

I'm going to go for the top here and say the entire cast of Gundam X, hell any series that can do the "anoying kid genius thing" correctly without being anoying to the audiance has got to have some props.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 09:41   Link #24
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
How about the 3 Astray girls?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 09:47   Link #25
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
How about the 3 Astray girls?
Yeah, I liked them. It would have been cool to see them as the hardened veterans using the Doms.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 10:05   Link #26
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Nobody mentioned Stellar...? even if she was a one sentence person throughout the series, she was still underused and underrated. Her relationship with Shinn could be explored in greater detail before she gets the evil end of Freedom's shining bling bling stick...

Old 2006-02-01, 16:02   Link #27
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

norris people say he's no big deal but he used the gouf custom to it's full potential!he took on 3 gundams!

bernie he tied with a gundam in a zaku!i never recall a gundam being taken down by a zaku except the one time in 0080.

why do i feel i should mention shinn?
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 16:05   Link #28
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I consider the RX-78NT-1 and the MS-06FZ battle to be more of a tie really, but still a good feat nonetheless.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 16:13   Link #29
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Astray girls should have atleast better death scenes although I would have like to see them survive, I don't think they had enough experience being pilots tho. They were basically test pilots for the Astrays and naturals.
I can't really say much about Rusty, even though he died in a gunfight, he may have been a great pilot tho.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 20:29   Link #30
Coolrush

Send a message via AIM to Coolrush
Apolly ( had nice showing with the Zeta and the Dias but was ended up being Fas babysitter. ouch.)

Fa Yuiry( She was actually decent until Emma passed on the shitty pilot virus to her and she contracted what is now known as the Mwu La Flagga virus...good in a fighter but average at best in a mobile suit..and became whiney as fuck to boot)

Cagalli Yuli Antha (was a good character and a decent pilot until Morosawa worked her magic and completely destroyed her character. When she started to become good again, Morosawa not only phased her out of the fucking show for Neo La Flagga but completely ruined one of the best things about Gundam SEED in the process: Mwu's self sacrifice)

Emma Sheen (good character though she sucked as a pilot at first and became "Save me Kamille" until she got the MK II then became decent in order to make Fa the worst pilot. Probably would been better if Tomino didnt dub her as "Save me Kamille" during the early eps.)

The Astray Girls. Shrug...we hardly knew ya. Never had a chance to shine and had more personality then your spiritual successors.

Auel He was a billion times better than the rest of the shitty extended so naturally he was the first victim of Shinn's "you must job to me because I'm angry...ANGRY!" character shield aura. Horrible end to a good character who had potential.
Coolrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 20:58   Link #31
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
anyone with a brain knows that Norris could've whooped Shiro easily.
I really think Norris did win in his own way, if you remember he sought to rid the field of the Guncannons, his brawl with Shiro was sorta in the way of his goal lol. But yeah, Shiro may have ended his life, but Norris succeeded in destroying the Guncannons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Ridden
Miguel had to face Gai in his own custom Ginn, and in my opinion, Miguel's suit came out of the fight in beter shape than Gai's, so he wasn't "owned" like you say, it was more or less a draw.
Miguel's only mistake was to face Strike again in a grunt suit.
Ah ja, the owned was just a term. I mean, Miguel's Custom Suit in my opinion was better than the green ones he used, which is why I veiw his first fight with Kira differently. And, your last comment is the same thing I've been thinking, even if Miguel had that sickly large gun or not
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 21:45   Link #32
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Dearka is pretty awesome, but seems to always get ignored compared to the other CE characters.

Hayato Kobayashi is also pretty underrated, I think. He was great in MSG and in his limited role in Zeta.

Those are two that immediately come to my mind.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 22:20   Link #33
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Norris did win his fight in every way (he gave up on taking out Shiro because he didn't want to sadden Aina), he fully accomplished his goal, which was to take out all the Guncannons. From the very beginning he had fully acknowledged that he most likely wouldn't be able to make it back to the base and would die. Survival was never his objective.

But remember that the Gundam used in 08th MS team were semi-mass-produced versions, thus they were much weaker than the Gundam RX, so it's not like Norris took on three actually over-spec Gundams. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that he totally whooped the 08th MS tem's ass, either.
Old 2006-02-01, 22:25   Link #34
c_dz36

Elipe Puru (double zeta) i dont care she was the best pilot in that show especially for her age and could've beat Judau if they ever really fought hard.

Mashima (double zeta) i didnt really like him but that guy was hella strong at the end especially considering how weak he was at the beginning

LaLa Sune (MSG) Hella strong possibly the strongest Newtype that came out between MSG and Double Zeta
c_dz36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 08:04   Link #35
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Was Yzak already mentioned?

Old 2006-02-04, 08:19   Link #36
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Garma Zabi : It seems nobody these days appreciate Garma. He was an awesome character in the short time he appeared, and he had an awesome final moment along with a cool funeral. It's sad that he gets overshadowed by the likes of Ramba, Mineva, Tri-Star, etc.

Belthorchika : I hate how people lash on her. She's so awesome I can't see how Sunrise thinks Chan > her.

Katejina : She's a bloody psycho, man.

Cronicle Asher : Sure, he's the worst masked dude in Gundam, but he's a lot more than just......that.

Johnny Ridden : I feel your pain, brother. It must suck that everyone thinks you're the ugly pink overrated Red Comet, when you're the man of mans, the Crimson Lightning.

And literally all the MSV/Side-Story guys/gals except the overrated Shiho.

Miguel.........It's sad people put you among the leagues of cannon fodders when they rank Gai among Cosmic Era's best pilots.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 10:38   Link #37
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

norris mission was to destroy the mp guntanks not guncannons the mass produced guncannons only apearred in gundam 0080 the never apeared in 08th ms team.

@gebra i said it was a tie as for blanc rival and minerva the only similarity is the wings.

a character that is under rated is dozle zabi he showed us that he may look ugly and be a "bad guy" but he has a nice side and a family he's another character in gundam that shows us though someone is your enemy it dosen't mean they're evil.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 17:44   Link #38
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
BLAH, why'd I say Guncannons?
Old 2006-02-04, 20:03   Link #39
Android raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Garma Zabi : It seems nobody these days appreciate Garma. He was an awesome character in the short time he appeared, and he had an awesome final moment along with a cool funeral. It's sad that he gets overshadowed by the likes of Ramba, Mineva, Tri-Star, etc.
Damn straight!
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 00:09   Link #40
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I only wish we got to see him pilot his MS-06Fs Zaku II a few times before going down...it seemed like he was only put there to die to move the story along... ='(
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote