AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 19:02   Link #1801
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Didn't Makise say they were going to the use the power of the LHC to create a mini-blackhole and utilize it to compress the memories infinitesmally smaller?
The Black hole thing isn't the issue, they aren't EVEN using the DMail system now. She just created using 'SPARE PARTS' a full brainwashing device.

Take a recording, wait 2 days, upload it and FORGET ALL YOU DID IN THE LAST 2 DAYS...yikes

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 19:05   Link #1802
GDB

On the plus side: a brain can fit on a FAT32 drive.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 19:08   Link #1803
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
On the plus side: a brain can fit on a FAT32 drive.
Cough, that's TB not GB. Fat 32 is 4GB limited.

I would've see, Eww, my brain fits into an Apple Time Capsule (Aptly named now)

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 19:11   Link #1804
GDB

Woops, misread it. So you basically need a RAID to store it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 19:15   Link #1805
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
The Black hole thing isn't the issue, they aren't EVEN using the DMail system now. She just created using 'SPARE PARTS' a full brainwashing device.

Take a recording, wait 2 days, upload it and FORGET ALL YOU DID IN THE LAST 2 DAYS...yikes
Uh, the device reads the temporal lobe of the brain, it doesn't extract, meaning it copies your memories and sends it to the past.

You'd be surprised what you can find in Akihabara if it's electronics. I mean this guy created this machine. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/foru...ng-Robot-Drone

And look:

Quote:
Interestingly, the machine's developers claim to have bought most of its components in Tokyo's Akihabara district, a notorious geek haven and technological mecca.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 19:17   Link #1806
matteas
Member Member

I also disagree with the theory of Moeka having been brainwashed recently. Ever since the beginning, she was after that IMB 5100 and she wanted to take it away at the time when it was in the lab. These actions of hers strongly support the idea that she had been working for SERN long before getting to know Okabe.

Now it's kind of official, isn't it? FaceBook is a subdivision of SERN, or let me say CERN in this case, and they are definitely going to perform experiments on the users of FB. It's hard to tell what exactly they want to try out, but it's certain that they are willing to go over dead bodies in order to attain their objective. Everyone, close your accounts while you can. We could still make it.

Back to the main point ^^' I knew that the end of the episode had something intense in store for me. I hadn't gotten it spoiled, though. And as I was expecting something like that, I got pretty scared when Mayushii turned up on the rooftop with that Cyalume Saber subtly illuminating her face. But of course, the shock of the last scene was something different, even though it had been slightly foreshadowed. I can't wait for the next week.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 19:25   Link #1807
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Oh come on, we all know what FB stands for..it's Final Boss! And Moeka just pulled a Pistola on Mayuri (sad face)
Old 2011-06-21, 19:54   Link #1808
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Oh come on, we all know what FB stands for..it's Final Boss!
Nope...its face book! jk...

BTW nice quality again....this is the best anime of the season!

EDIT: Okabe seen it all....Shining Finger.....

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 20:02   Link #1809
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I also could see it coming too, a bit of dropped hints from people in the Madoka that didn't help either >>. It made it easier to guess...

I was still really shocked how it all went down too! I did not even guess Moeka would be on the other side! Really great episode!

As for plot twists any thing in fine as long as it makes proper sense and is delivered right. Any story, it just needs to be done right. Done right is hard since everyone has a different view of how something is done.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 20:03   Link #1810
Raiga
tl;dr

NOOOOO what shall happen to our tutturu now? DDDD:

;-;
Old 2011-06-21, 20:11   Link #1811
CatOfTime

Can't really say I didn't see this stuff coming. Kind of wished that Moeka didn't end up being the bad guy as she was just too obvious choice with her strange behaviour. And like many others, even I had a feeling that something bad was gonna happen to some labmember due to the threatmessages so Mayushii's fate didn't come as sucha surprise. However, I wasn't expecting it to be Moeka who was gonna shoot Mayushii even though I had a feeling that Moeka was involved in the bad stuff somehow.

This kind of reminds me of Higurashi no naku koro ni kind of stuff (watch that series if you have the chance, it's good!). I wonder what's Suzuha's plan. At first she was going to warn the group of the threat but in the end she didn't. Maybe she has some way to travel back in time (and by this episode I think it's pretty safe to say she is a timetraveler [haven't seen the vn so can't be sure]). I am expecting Suzuha to press the reset button so they can try again (Okabe will keep his memories so they can fight back better).

And oh my the voice acting was awesome. At the end of the episode Mamoru Miyano reached the kind of voice acting epicness he did as Light Yagami in Death Note. \o/
CatOfTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 20:33   Link #1812
taelrak

Yea, but even if everyone saw it coming, when it finally arrived, it was still such a powerful scene and very well done... :/

The build-up was very artfully done too. Just enough comic relief to make you laugh, but at the same time making you anticipate what you know is coming even more...one of the best episodes I've seen this season yet.

And I just have to say ... a lightsabre!?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 20:39   Link #1813
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

LoL. So, apart from the obvious "noooooo" to the Mayuri death, what in the world was going on with the frozen hourglass? Initially when they first showed it, as Okarin was going out to the rooftop, I figured it was just a "statue", ie: not a real hourglass, but Okarin's reaction when he noticed would seem to indicate it was an actual hourglass. So....wtf? :/ Partial time stoppage? :/

Second, the date in this episode was August 13th. Kurisu was supposed to leave Japan after August. With half the show left, I'm guessing the days where everyone hung out at Okarin's labs are gone, and we're going to start hopping around in both time and location. I mean, things are going to change anyways with the whole abduction thing, but I'm guessing the abduction itself isn't going to take up half the series, so....goodbye forever Okarin lab meetings? Oh, I'm assuming most of the rest of the series will be Okarin attempting to change the past so Mayuri isn't killed. Madoka Magika all over again?

Third, I wonder if the bomb threats were simply cover for SERN to pull off abducting them without worry of random police involvement.

Fourth, for a lab that's spent the last two months working on time travel, they are all utterly helpless at picking up the clues shouting in their face that Suzahu is a time traveler. She really couldn't say it any clearer than in this episode without simply saying, "hey guyz, I like traveled through time, that's why I know what Kurisu is going to do".

Moeka still confuses the heck out of me. I have no idea why someone from SERN would need an IBN 5100. :/ I mean...this totally eludes me. I assume FB is a person's initials (what's Feyris' last name again?), but who knows. And why does she wear a sexy bodysuit while her compatriots were normal clothes with masks? Fanservice?

Edit: Also, they said they were inviting Feyris. Wonder why she never showed up.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 20:45   Link #1814
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
And I just have to say ... a lightsabre!?
Rintaro is just crazy enough, mad enough and scientist enough to cook up an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. No idea why he made it in Sith colors, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 20:47   Link #1815
Qikz

Oh my god. That ending. I saw it like 5 minutes ago and I'm still shocked. That was so emotional. Oh my god. What did I just watch. That was incredible but so sad at the same time. I can't believe what I've just seen. Mayushi

I think Suzu is definately a timetraveller. As soon as she saw what happened on the TV she just left because I think she knew what was going to happen... Just, what. Oh my god that was just... I can't explain. o_o
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 20:51   Link #1816
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I think Suzu is definately a timetraveller.
You mean the other billion hints, including her line in this episode aimed at Kurisu:

"I know who you really are and what you're going to do after this." hadn't already tipped you off?
Old 2011-06-21, 20:52   Link #1817
PzIVf3

I expect the part-time soldier makes a surprise attack.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 20:54   Link #1818
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
You mean the other billion hints, including her line in this episode aimed at Kurisu:

"I know who you really are and what you're going to do after this." hadn't already tipped you off?
I know how sometimes subs can get things wrong and change things to suit what they want to say, my japanese isn't good enough to understand SteinsGate due to all the strange words and whatever so I wasn't believing what I thought about her until now.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 21:09   Link #1819
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

I believe a lot of people saw Mayuri as being the first one killed as predicted in previous posts by them (I hope they weren't manga readers). I actually did go "NOOOOOOO!" The whole episode set up the doom and gloom scenario and Suzu was definitely about to warn them but just dipped out. i wonder why she changed her mind.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 21:11   Link #1820
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
I expect the part-time soldier makes a surprise attack.
Well, Suzahu is interesting. One expects her to be similar to John Titor (and I'm 90% sure she's not John Titor himself due to the timeline of events in Episode One) in wanting to prevent the future she's from, and yet we also see her holding herself back from hurting or killing Kurisu despite apparently really wanting to do something to her (though she's also one of the two prime suspects as far as I'm concerned for Kurisu's death in episode one; though I'm painfully aware that the actual murderer could easily never have been shown and the Okarin scream and Suzahu sightings are just misdirection).

This would seem to indicate she's trying hard NOT to change time. Could she REALLY have gone back in time just to meet her father, and be totally innocent of any other motive? It would seem like an incredibly....silly reason to time travel and possibly change the future via the butterfly effect....but again, she's also seemed reluctant to take actions that might change the future...so who knows.

In fact, I take her breaking down and loosing control to speak out against Kurisu as a sign that whatever Kurisu ended up doing in Suzahu's past must have been pretty darn awful. I am, however, going to cut Kurisu some slack here, and assume two things:

1) It wasn't really intentional. I just don't think Kurisu is some evil mastermind hiding behind her "@chan" Tusendere personality.

2) Linked to her father. I thought the whole "I know who she REALLY is" line to be indicative that the setting and context of Kurisu in Suzahu's past must be quite different from the Kurisu of present, and with all the build up concerning Kurisu's father...well, just a guess. In fact, if her father ends up being a part of SERN, it's not hard to see a path for where Kurisu ends up working for them at this point is it?

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation