AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2008-10-22, 22:40   Link #81
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, first off, the quality is a cut below the usual. I don't know if it was scanned that way or what. Second, with Touma's memories gone, as he is now, he's lost some of his charm. He's lost that mentality I really liked about him, and acts like a coward. I don't like it at all. I did like the ToumaXMikoto moment, but it lost it's impact because he didn't know what was going on. Hopefully the story will make up for that and/or Touma gets back to his usual self quick.

Also, to anyone who would know does Touma also lose his memories as of the latest chaps of TAKnR?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 22:58   Link #82
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

The memory thing is kinda "meh....." for me, not sure if I think its good or just totally pointless. Like frubam said hes lost some charm with his memories gone. Hope something happens to make up for that but guess I'll need to stick with it to find out

its pretty interesting enough as it is anyway
Old 2008-10-22, 23:04   Link #83
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Well, first off, the quality is a cut below the usual. I don't know if it was scanned that way or what.
Yeah, down from png to jpg, too. The credits seem to indicate a new cleaner...

Quote:
Second, with Touma's memories gone, as he is now, he's lost some of his charm. He's lost that mentality I really liked about him, and acts like a coward. I don't like it at all. I did like the ToumaXMikoto moment, but it lost it's impact because he didn't know what was going on.
Well, I wouldn't call him a coward... the powers Mikoto was throwing around would be intimidating to anyone, even other espers. Before, he knew he could just rely on his power to protect him, so he could afford to act nonchalant.
Old 2008-10-22, 23:33   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
? What if Makoto (or anyone else) was his girlfriend or something and he rudely asked who she was etc etc?
If she was his girlfriend, I would image he could remember some parts of it like how he remembers Index is someone important to him.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 23:38   Link #85
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If she was his girlfriend, I would image he could remember some parts of it like how he remembers Index is someone important to him.
He can't be sure though. And even if she's not a girlfriend, not remembering who you're supposed to know is kinda... He has no idea how close they might have been. Does he even remember his parents?

And is there really a point at all in keeping it secret? "Sorry, I fell down the stairs, hit my head, and got amnesia; who were you again?" Considering his luck it's not too unbelievable.

Edit: Also, the exact line he uses for Index is "For some reason I feel like she's known me for a while---" (or at least that's the translation used), which to me doesn't imply that he subconsciously remembers her being important or anything. It just means that she's acting like someone who's known him for a while (which confuses him because he has no clue why or how he met someone like her).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 00:23   Link #86
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Well, first off, the quality is a cut below the usual. I don't know if it was scanned that way or what. Second, with Touma's memories gone, as he is now, he's lost some of his charm. He's lost that mentality I really liked about him, and acts like a coward. I don't like it at all. I did like the ToumaXMikoto moment, but it lost it's impact because he didn't know what was going on. Hopefully the story will make up for that and/or Touma gets back to his usual self quick.

Also, to anyone who would know does Touma also lose his memories as of the latest chaps of TAKnR?
Well going by the latest date July 20 its still around the Index arc.

Which means for a couple of days if he meets Mikoto he'll still remember her.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun is a side story afterall.

Though it would be ironic if their first meeting will repeat itself.

In the latest chap he did actually save her from danger.

With Touma not taking credit. Which both frustrates her and creates brownie points for her heart.

Fortunately I don't think she will confess while he has his memory.

Confessing to Touma and losing the his memory would suck for Mikoto.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 01:33   Link #87
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Hmmmm ..... I can't call the way that touma acted was cowardly..... I would call it normal reaction come give that guy some slack he just got brain/memories erased ..... he more rely on instinct or reflex to handle his encounter on chapter 11 Mikoto I hope the scanlator quick translate those
other chapters
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 01:52   Link #88
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Well, I wouldn't call him a coward... the powers Mikoto was throwing around would be intimidating to anyone, even other espers. Before, he knew he could just rely on his power to protect him, so he could afford to act nonchalant.
That's the aspect of his personality that's gone. He might get it back once he gets going full swing, but right now, how he reacted to certain things reminds me of a male harem lead running away from something. Now I do understand why he's like that, but this is my first perception of it, so I see it like i see it.
Old 2008-10-23, 02:06   Link #89
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well going by the latest date July 20 its still around the Index arc.
The last time he appeared, he still had his memories. I assume the "timeline" for Railgun would be before Stiyls attacked the mansion, since in one panel in a page of one chapter of the Railgun manga, you can see part of Stiyls.
In the most recent chapters, he hasn't had any appearance, since it was focused on Mikoto and her fight against... *spoiler block*

Quote:
Does he even remember his parents?
Spoiler for Answer:

Quote:
Edit: Also, the exact line he uses for Index is "For some reason I feel like she's known me for a while---" (or at least that's the translation used), which to me doesn't imply that he subconsciously remembers her being important or anything. It just means that she's acting like someone who's known him for a while (which confuses him because he has no clue why or how he met someone like her).
Hmm? What scene on what page was that? I don't recall that line...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 02:53   Link #90
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmm? What scene on what page was that? I don't recall that line...?
Chapter 11, page 17, right before he runs into the telephone pole. It's one of those square dialog boxes where he's narrating.
Old 2008-10-23, 03:01   Link #91
Used Can

After he lost his memories, Tōma said "I don't know why, I just don't want to see that girl cry." Then he said he couldn't understand what kind of feelings were those, but one way or the other, he had them. That doesn't say anything about Index being important for him, but it does point out he simply cannot be indifferent to her.
Old 2008-10-23, 03:17   Link #92
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
After he lost his memories, Tōma said "I don't know why, I just don't want to see that girl cry." Then he said he couldn't understand what kind of feelings were those, but one way or the other, he had them. That doesn't say anything about Index being important for him, but it does point out he simply cannot be indifferent to her.
Oh, so people were referring to something else? Either way, I don't see any evidence for any sort of remaining memories or feelings; that's just the kind of guy he is.
Old 2008-10-23, 07:52   Link #93
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Also one of the reasons he hasn't told anyone that he has no memories is that he thinks it would make people look at him differently, like he wasn't their "Touma". As he himself doesn't think that he's Touma.
Old 2008-10-23, 08:25   Link #94
Nemesis

Touma pretty far is kinda smart really, even under memory loss.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 08:33   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Touma pretty far is kinda smart really, even under memory loss.

I wouldn't use that to describe him...

Touma is the extreme of self-sacrifice and determination. Now more than ever, he really is like a splitting image of Ueki...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 09:39   Link #96
ReddyRedWolf

Just read chapter 11 Oh so Mikoto goodness!

Spoiler for Chapter 11:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:16   Link #97
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for chap 12:
Old 2008-10-23, 19:57   Link #98
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Spoiler for chap 12:
There's a reason... or two or so. If I remember correctly, they explain it next chapter...? Or was it the next next chapter...

Hah... (-_-)/
I'd be able to like Accelerator if only he never did what he did to Imouto and Mikoto.

Quote:
Spoiler for chap 12:
Too bad that Imouto is an emotionless-type character (with dead eyes as well)... If it was the real Mikoto... Fufufu... *takes out camera*
Ah, but I'll still take an Imouto or two too.

Spats are justice! (<--don't mean it)

Oh, right... If it's possible, can someone post a few pages of the translation that has Imouto talking...? Something I'm curious about.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 20:53   Link #99
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh, right... If it's possible, can someone post a few pages of the translation that has Imouto talking...? Something I'm curious about.
Since I don't know which pages you want... here
Old 2008-10-24, 02:19   Link #100
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Just to clarify the order of events.

The railgun started 7/16 and ended on 7/25
While Touma lost his memory on 7/28
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen