AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-07-24, 21:56   Link #81
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Gundam SEED dub issues

Since the Gseed fourm vanished

okay first Fllay's dub voice makes me hate her even more

and in what episode what that (implyed) sex sceen that raised uproar even in japan?
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 22:06   Link #82
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Believe that would be the very next episode, or at least it should be.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 00:03   Link #83
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
I don't think it actually was an uproar... just sensationalized in the media a bit.

The "notorious" episode is supposed to air next week. I don't know what's going to happen, but William's Street did say that they intend to slip a few TV-PG rated episodes into the Toonami line-up, so perhaps this will be one of them?
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 02:12   Link #84
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

the preview clip showed a hint of the scene (mostly Fllay's legs wrapped in a blanket though)
it's pretty hard to dance around that scene i'm guessing...either show it or alter/delete the episode...and if they did that...
well, we all remember Outlaw Star
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 09:19   Link #85
Silver_Scorcher

This was probably brought up before but anyways. I'm almost certain CN will edit out the notorious bed scene between Kira & Fllay. CN has edited SEED to the point that it's suitable for 8 year olds, so they'll edit it in some way. My advice is to just get the DVD's. They're unedited and my belief is the DUB will be slightly, that's right, slightly better.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 09:52   Link #86
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
I'll say it again... I'm glad that I don't pay for cable. But I'm glad that I pre-ordered my copy of the limted edition of Gundam Seed Vol. 1 with box It'll get shipped as early as August 1st to cover for the 5-10 day shipping (free) I used.

And I encourage every last person who has seen this show on fansub to get it. The standard edition is MSRP 29.99, but only a fool (or a rich fool ) pays retail. Look and compare (I'm not sure blatantly promoting the same DVD e-tailer here over and over is a good idea )and you can find price(s) as low as $17.99 plus free shipping.

This DVD has 5(Five) episodes on the disc and all with original Japanese audio and a dub track if that's your thing. There really isn't a reason not to get this if you've liked this show when you watched it on fansub.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 23:27   Link #87
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
It's safe to assume that CN did all the editing. From what I'm hearing in this thread, CN is doing the kind of editing that YTV (Canadian version of CN, with no Adult Swim etc etc) would do if they had Gundam SEED. Adult Swim or not, nudity is a no no on North American television (hence dropping the opening), and with all the editing going on here, it's safe to assume that CN will do some heavy editing on Murrue's constantly bouncing breasts and the bedroom scene between Kira and Fllay. Not that anything was shown originally, but chances are, they'll do something. Well I don't really care either way. I don't get CN and I'm patiently waiting for the SEED DVD's (And impatiently waiting for Zeta to come out ) to come out in September, where there will be no edits to speak of at all.
Uhh, YTV have never themselves edited a single program they have ever aired. They've aired a LOT of things uncut over the years and you may be surprised with what they've been able to get away with. They've aired MTV's Oddities, Aeon Flux, Stressed Eric, Endless Waltz, and Inuyasha all completely uncut. (And keep in mind that Inuyasha is actually targeted at children and isn't aired with any disclaimers, unlike in the US where they appear to be required.) Not to mention quite a few movies with language up to and including the word "fuck".

Remember that Canada and the US are different - we don't have watchdog censorship like they have in the US. I strongly believe that YTV and Teletoon are both completely capable of airing Gundam SEED uncut before 10:00pm with a 14+ rating, bouncing boobies and all. The ZAFT soldiers being popped like zits near the end is just about the only thing in the entire series that would so much as raise an eyebrow from either network, and even that would be far from unairable.
Old 2004-07-27, 00:00   Link #88
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Personally i find the americans too naive. They say TV promotes violence and yet they sleep with automatic rifles under their beds....
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 03:41   Link #89
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Personally i find the americans too naive. They say TV promotes violence and yet they sleep with automatic rifles under their beds....
Did you watch Bowling for Columbine? Don't worry not all American's are gun fanatics (I'm not). But watching that film seriously scared me.

Anyways, yeah Gundam Seed is kewl! If my income ever exceeds my expenses, then I'll pick up the DVDs (along with Hajime no Ippo!).
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 10:33   Link #90
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
That's not entirely true. There are two different cultures that exist in America concerning guns and violence on tv. The gun culture in America is not the ones that are spouting off that violence on tv causes kids to go out and kill. The group that says that violence is bad is a small part of the landscape, but is very vocal in getting their agenda out.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 10:40   Link #91
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Well I meant to generalize...sorry if the stereotype was a little exaggerated. But after I watched Bowling for Columbine...I felt that Americans were a little abusive of the freedom given to them...
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 11:42   Link #92
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

which ep was the sex scene? i wanna see if i have it lol
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 22:39   Link #93
method

Americans are not that abusive with the 2nd amendment as you would think. Oh well that is for another topic and another day. The bedroom scene is scheduled for next week on CN.

Also Gunota has an avi of the Destiny Commercial.
http://ranobe.com/up2/updata/up7817.zip.html
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 02:45   Link #94
viperlance

GundamSEED

I think this is the best gundam series ever! My opinion might be wrong though because I am a newbie at this thing. I have watched so far
GGundam(finished)
Gundam wing(finished)
Gundam wing endless sonata
Gundam0078
Gundam XX unfinished due to the fact that the series has not been subbed completely.

Currently D/Ling victory gundam.

I am not going to watch the gundam sd for I consider those series as a disgrace to the gloriuous gundam series.

My question is what other gundam series am I missing? I know that there is supposed to be gundam ZZ but it is a bit old so I am not really interested.

Also lets discuss about gundamSEED!! I love this series, I hate Fleyy though! I really hate her! I also think that Kira was a moron should he choose Fleyy over "the pink princess"
viperlance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 02:52   Link #95
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I Love Gundam SEED it is my favorite. If you finish watching you will find out more about Gundam Seed and who Kira choose. And yes Fleyy sucks ass IMO. Are you watching this series in Japanese or English?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 02:53   Link #96
Deadmansl

Does this belong here? you know since Seed is licensed and stuff and most of Gundam series are licensed? 0083 MS team is good too
Deadmansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 18:25   Link #97
FlyByNite

Well the "sex scene" episode between Fllay and Kira came and went and what CN/Bandai whoever did to edit was pretty sneaky actually.

They editing the scene in such a way as to make the casual observer think Fllay is actually in her own room. You never see her and Kira in the same shot.

So to sum it up.

It's ok for a 16 year old to kill other people.
It's not ok for a 16 year old to have sex.

Thank you Cartoon Network.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 20:46   Link #98
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

However, if you look carefully you'll still see Flay's clothes and shoes in Kira's room as he's putting his pants on.

It still irks me that they just didn't air the episode with a TV-PG. It would've run uncut then.

*sigh* I'm still praying for an uncut Canadian broadcast, though...
Old 2004-08-04, 08:55   Link #99
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Fllay is actually my favourite character in SEED, although she's grossly under-developed. She could have been something truly unique.

And SD Gundam isn't a disgrace, it's a tribute. Original voice actors and all. With your limited knowledge of the Universal Century series I wouldn't recommend it though, plenty of the characters and situations would be lost on you.

Really bloody funny though.

"Oh no! It's the Nu Gundam from the movie!!"
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 14:35   Link #100
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
10/12/2004 Double Gundam SEED DVD Release!

R1 Gundam SEED DVD Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 will be released on 10/12/2004 and will feature 5 Episodes each MSRP'ed at $29.98. Once again, shop around and the prices you find will be very, very affordable.

Now that's what I call a speedy release Hooray for Bandai!
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote