AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-05, 10:54   Link #481
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
@Malak

To quote you: "Wrong." But it's not important anyway. Really going afk now.
Hahahahaha!Not bad, not bad .

(Btw i'll also take a break....)
Old 2011-11-05, 12:25   Link #482
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
She didn't get stabbed in the heart. If you look at the picture that shows where she got stabbed, it shows that the wound is on the right side of her chest. And not through her heart.
Considering the size of their swords, it would have easily cut a part off and/or sever a major artery. Not to mention that it could've easily been at an angle since they never show a full front view while the sword was in there.
Old 2011-11-05, 12:32   Link #483
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I think its more amazing that Hysteria is still talking rather then Miria, considering the former has a Claymore stuck through her throat.
Considering Miria has a sword in her mouth and talks I don't think so. We could explain it by Yagi wanting to hand-hold us and show explicitly that Miria has killed Hysteria using her mouth but considering that it was visible in a bottom left corner on a previous page it was another ridiculous thing in an already ridiculous scene. But that didn't bother me as much as the rest.

Quote:
Overall, the chapter was far more entertaining then the initial spoilers made it out to be. Miria vs Hysteria was still intense, and we have seen far bigger ass-pulls from Clare to be seriously complaining about Miria winning this fight in such a matter.
Not to me, spoilers and some translations/summaries have explained everything earlier. This chapter sucks big IMO and translation makes it no more entertaining.
As for Clare, she's never done sth as ridiculous as Miria IMO. In one of my previous posts I've made a list of Miria's "lucky moments" and if you were to compare it with Clare's Miria would turn out to be more lucky overall. After all of her encounters she temporarily lost two of her limbs and received a scar and has once come back from the dead. On the other hand Clare has always lost something when she gained sth, be it a friend, arms, virginity or half of her body.

Anyway, this line said by Dae is funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gernot's translation
It was absurd from the start that folks that have previously died would conveniently be revived as warriors.
So it was absurd that Claymores could be revived but it's not absurd that they can become ABs even after they die? WTF?
Also, he says it's ridiculous but from what we've seen these 3 warriors were revived Claymores. Cassandra and Roxanne had their memories and personalities intact and it didn't look like they would awaken easily (at least Hysteria and Roxanne, for Cassadra her memories sufficed for her to go berserk). And how come Dae could even control them and tell them to go and wipe out other warriors? I can't help but think this entire arc was poorly written, starting with Miria going herself to defeat MiB. From this point on in almost every chapter plot holes and ass-pulls were as common as exclamation marks in Claymore. It had it's moments but overall it's far from usual Claymore level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
However how could she performe a coup de grâce if she has no arms, could she bite Hysterias head off? Probably no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
LOL,good point,i'm surprised i didn't notice this sooner,hahaha.
Heh. First you're arguing that Miria is inhuman so stabbing Hysteria super fast and precise by using her mouth was no problem to her, now you're agreeing with ATM who said that without arms she wouldn't be able to chop her head off.

Let me add another argument (besides the ones me and Ryus have pointed out) that shows how ridiculous Miria's feat was. Miria by using her phantom was accelerating at enormous rate and forces working on her were much higher than on a human that would only try to lift a sword with his mouth. So again, it doesn't matter she is inhuman if you take into account she performs an inhuman task and is against inhuman opponent (who is better than her at that). Not to mention that you're exhausted because of long fight that required usage of lots of youki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
But to be able to stab Hysteria through the neck only required her to grit her sword with her teeth and wait for hysteria to performe ther elegance (create an image, move quickly very close to the side of her opponent and attack from behind) and that's how Miria got lucky, Hysteria landed right in front of that claymore. Using Hysterias own momentum she pushed that claymore through her neck without much effort (well if you are a pro in battle like Miria). (...)
You've clearly misinterpreted that scene. Miria USED her phantom against Hysteria, while Hysteria only made a swing since it was pointless to make her elegant move on a laying on the ground, armless body. We see Miria's blurred image and her going from laying on the ground to standing. But anyway, Miria wouldn't even have to use her phantom to decapitate Hysteria. Gravity would do that for her, she would only have to try lifting and dropping a sword so that it would fall with an edge side on Hysteria's throat and even if full decapitation wouldn't happen I'm pretty sure that no Claymore (I'm not talking about ZAOs) would be able to live with a neck cut half through. But seeing what Miria did she would have no problems with using her neck muscles and other to decapitate Hysteria without resorting to her phantom.
As for the "it would take time" argument, she stabbed Hysteria with a surgical precision instantly so it's no argument.
Old 2011-11-05, 13:00   Link #484
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the Miria portion of the chapter was pretty pathetic. sword in mouth? come on. the part i'm much more interested in is who's left arm they're talking about. the only person whose left arm was cut off i can remember was Irene. So logically speaking, they're probably going to introduce yet another new character.

plus the power levels are now completely messed up. i thought it was cool how the guy made them only to have them awaken later on, but now our power scale is all warped and we have no definite markers any more.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-11-05, 13:34   Link #485
Gooral
Banned

Some other observations after reading a translated chapter:

1) Why didn't Hysteria use this chance and attacked Miria? Miria even had time to say: "The birth of the new abyssal one ...?".

2) Is Cassandra massively salivating from all over her body? Some kind of mucus is visible when the heads emerge, maybe the term Voracious Eater fits her better than Abyssal One.

3) How does Cassandra know how shit tastes? On second thought I don't want to know. I can only suspect that with Claymores laying around all over the place I'm sure that some of them couldn't bare the tension and stress.

4) It's ironic that freeze-up-Miria has lectured the twins about doing sth she was doing 7 years ago. In fact Miria was doing sth more stupid since twins were not in immediate danger.

5) From the looks of it neither Roxanne nor Miria while using her more powerful phantom were able to even scratch Cassandra with their freaking CLAYMORES ?! Just how hard her armor is? From the looks of it, she could easily dig through a frozen Alaska ground.

6) Fermat was right, Hysteria is really voluptuous, her *eyes* are almost as big as her head.

7) I'm starting to think that the detour Dae took was completely insignificant unless he's lying to Rubel who he knows is OE's spy (OE - Organization's Enemies). To be honest it would be quite disappointing if what he said (i.e. "even if we were to survive here, it is impossible for the organization to ever function again") would be true, considering they have much bigger resources on the continent (assuming what Miria said is true). Unless Dae had only in mind the part of the organization on the island.
Old 2011-11-05, 13:41   Link #486
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Who is Daae trying to see? ("She" recovering her "left arm" with the power of an Abyssal One)

Who's left arm?
Old 2011-11-05, 13:48   Link #487
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I think its more amazing that Hysteria is still talking rather then Miria, considering the former has a Claymore stuck through her throat.
Considering Miria has a sword in her mouth and talks I don't think so.
Not sure that "amazing" is the word that I'd use unless by that we mean incredibly dumb. In that sense, they're both equally "amazing!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Who is Daae trying to see? ("She" recovering her "left arm" with the power of an Abyssal One)

Who's left arm?
The "left arm" had been referring to Priss's right?
Old 2011-11-05, 14:02   Link #488
Nixl

Well guys things could be worse. Far far far far far worse.

Spoiler for Tor Video Spoiler:

I would honestly engage this discussion more, but the video above along with one far worse deserves a far greater ass kicking than this chapter.
Old 2011-11-05, 14:23   Link #489
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the part i'm much more interested in is who's left arm they're talking about. the only person whose left arm was cut off i can remember was Irene. So logically speaking, they're probably going to introduce yet another new character.
No new character - the arm in question is the one Priscilla left in Raki's back, that Dae later removed and used to revive Cassandra, Roxanne, and Hysteria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

Who's left arm?
Apparently he considers Priscilla the organization's crowning achievement. Who would have guessed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
The "left arm" had been referring to Priss's right?
Not Priss's right, her left. (sorry, couldn't resist)
Old 2011-11-05, 14:27   Link #490
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
5) From the looks of it neither Roxanne nor Miria while using her more powerful phantom were able to even scratch Cassandra with their freaking CLAYMORES ?! Just how hard her armor is? From the looks of it, she could easily dig through a frozen Alaska ground.
It's been established almost since the beginning of this arc that Cassandra is a tank, I'm not surprised Miria didn't have the strength to cut her. Roxanne on the other hand...
Old 2011-11-05, 14:49   Link #491
Gooral
Banned

To me it clearly shows that Cassandra is way above Riful/Isley/Luciella/Alicia league. And I'm pretty sure that Roxanne will become the strongest of the three. Cassandra's huge disadvantage is her immobility (at least it looks that way). She reminds me of Destroyer which had so long reach that it didn't really need to move. It's still possible she might move very fast but her from suggests otherwise.
Old 2011-11-05, 14:52   Link #492
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
To me it clearly shows that Cassandra is way above Riful/Isley/Luciella/Alicia league. And I'm pretty sure that Roxanne will become the strongest of the three. Cassandra's huge disadvantage is her immobility (at least it looks that way). She reminds me of Destroyer which had so long reach that it didn't really need to move. It's still possible she might move very fast but her from suggests otherwise.
Maybe Cassandra can somehow change her AB form like Agatha did.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-05, 14:57   Link #493
Inarius
★★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the Miria portion of the chapter was pretty pathetic. sword in mouth? come on. the part i'm much more interested in is who's left arm they're talking about. the only person whose left arm was cut off i can remember was Irene. So logically speaking, they're probably going to introduce yet another new character.
that guy (for quite some time I thought it was a woman) was talking about Priscilla's arm. The one they took out of raki.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:20   Link #494
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Maybe Cassandra can somehow change her AB form like Agatha did.
I think if she can stand up she'll be fine. What's going to windup handicapping her the most is her lack of control/intelligence. She just awakened so her blood lust is like over 9000, she hasn't had time to adjust and return to her senses like Luciela, Isley and Riful did.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:28   Link #495
limao
DeAd

Those 3 are not natural number 1s, they got the rank while carrying major flaws as warriors, I doubt any of them can have the same control the former abyssals had.
Basically they're bait to attract priscilla, when priscilla arrives they will be torn to pieces by the SUPER MEGA HYPER ZEGA PRIS lol
Old 2011-11-05, 15:31   Link #496
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Those 3 are not natural number 1s, they got the rank while carrying major flaws as warriors, I doubt any of them can have the control the former abyssals had.
I don't understand what you mean.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:32   Link #497
limao
DeAd

some are born to be nº1s others are just pretenders
Old 2011-11-05, 15:34   Link #498
little_angel
Watching From Above

There is something I noticed is that Cassandra's teeth aren't like other awakened beings they have sharp teeth but she have them like herbivores does that give her an advantage in eating stones and rock ?
Old 2011-11-05, 15:37   Link #499
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post
or some only need a chance to show their true abilities just like Roxanne she has the potentials but she needed training.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:37   Link #500
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Well Cassandra manhandled 3 single digits simultaneously, Roxanne took out the TAITs with ease twice (and then seemed to give up on life...), and Hysteria took on Miria at over 80% without ever releasing her Yoki and then got plot-fucked. And now Awakened Cassandra has shown speed, resistance, and strength on par, if not greater, than that of any of the Abyssal ones. They seem to have earned their ranks to me.