AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 05:58   Link #61
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Okay good. Least we know for sure a promo will air on sunday now. Does the cover mention anything else?
edit: studio is A-1 pictures http://mangateers.com/manga/magi-raw/145/2/
.....dear god that looks horrible.
It's really not that bad. Could use a little more forehead shrinkage on Aladdin though. I'm sure it will look pretty good in motion as long as it's budgeted properly. I wouldn't be surprised if the scenery end up being the real show stopped anyway.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:06   Link #62
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It's really not that bad. Could use a little more forehead shrinkage on Aladdin though. I'm sure it will look pretty good in motion as long as it's budgeted properly. I wouldn't be surprised if the scenery end up being the real show stopped anyway.
Its not really the coloring but the way the chin is drawn is horrible and theres alot of grain on his face and his hands which reminds me of P4. With it being a nichigo show the budget should be no issue...but then again A-1 is working on a crap ton of shows so who knows. I'm holding out hope the promo isn't what the aladdin will actually look like and is just a sample (kinda like how SAO's first promo picture looked nothing like what the preview showed). Course i'm probably being way too nitpicky .
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:16   Link #63
Kakkou
Tch.

^Looks fine to me really. In fact it has just about the amount of detail I expected an anime version of Magi to have. I'll withhold further judgement until all the designs are properly unveiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Btw with this can we safe to say, no way this would be such a long show, like 4-cour total episode?
I think it's safe to think that. Nichigo series don't often go beyond 2 cours in one airing anyway.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:32   Link #64
Jetzero Infinity

Yeah don't see what the complaint is with the design. Looks pretty detailed to me. I;m pretty sure with the amount of source material availble it'll definently run 4 cours. Really surprised A-1 is doing it though. They certainly have a lot of shows on their plate right now.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:42   Link #65
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Yeah don't see what the complaint is with the design. Looks pretty detailed to me. I;m pretty sure with the amount of source material availble it'll definently run 4 cours. Really surprised A-1 is doing it though. They certainly have a lot of shows on their plate right now.
Amount of available material for ongoing long series never instantly means several cours. I'd say the safest and likeliest length of Magi would be two cours, with one particular arc being climactic and conclusive enough to have as a stop point yet tantalize the audience with a possible season 2. Where it goes from there will depend on the reception, which may not be a problem if they do it right, methinks.

Plus, I'd much rather they don't give it four cours cause as far as I'm concerned the longer the series = more spread out budget = no thanks. I'd rather they make the best out of their budget for a two cour season, give as much justice to the arc they'll prob be ending with, scout the reception and then approve another two cour season if their criteria is met (or exceeded. Hello, AoEx!).
Old 2012-06-22, 07:03   Link #66
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Amount of available material for ongoing long series never instantly means several cours. I'd say the safest and likeliest length of Magi would be two cours, with one particular arc being climactic and conclusive enough to have as a stop point yet tantalize the audience with a possible season 2. Where it goes from there will depend on the reception, which may not be a problem if they do it right, methinks.

Plus, I'd much rather they don't give it four cours cause as far as I'm concerned the longer the series = more spread out budget = no thanks. I'd rather they make the best out of their budget for a two cour season, give as much justice to the arc they'll prob be ending with, scout the reception and then approve another two cour season if their criteria is met (or exceeded. Hello, AoEx!).
Good points but I'd still personally prefer it be as long as possible. After getting burned out on several recent adaptions being too short for their own, good, I'd rather there not be any risk regarding that. Besides there is enough material where even if it was arounf 50 episodes more could still be done if they wanted to so long as they don't blaze through certain areas.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:10   Link #67
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'll say a 4 cour show is pretty likely, give the time slot and the momentum behind it. It's a Shogakukan 90th Anniversary Project, Aniplex is producing it, and it's on the Nichigo slot. For an ongoing shounen action manga, that screams at least 4 cours to me. Obviously it's not confirmed, but it's a strong possibility.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:24   Link #68
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Good points but I'd still personally prefer it be as long as possible. After getting burned out on several recent adaptions being too short for their own, good, I'd rather there not be any risk regarding that. Besides there is enough material where even if it was arounf 50 episodes more could still be done if they wanted to so long as they don't blaze through certain areas.
If they stop after the arc I'm thinking of, then that won't be a problem because the end of that arc is a perfect stopping point for a first season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I'll say a 4 cour show is pretty likely, give the time slot and the momentum behind it. It's a Shogakukan 90th Anniversary Project, Aniplex is producing it, and it's on the Nichigo slot. For an ongoing shounen action manga, that screams at least 4 cours to me. Obviously it's not confirmed, but it's a strong possibility.
Ah yeah, I forgot to factor in Shogakukan's 90th anniversary into this, so the likelihood is certainly much higher. Well as long as they budget it appropriately (and I don't quite see why it shouldn't!) I'm all for 4 cours.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:47   Link #69
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hmmm... we might not find out about staff this Sunday. I just realized that the Shounen Sunday chapter for Magi said that staff details will be revealed subsequently on the magazine. They're planning on 3 weeks of reveals. So it'll probably be Studio -> Staff -> Cast. So we'll probably start getting regular news from monthly anime magazines as well starting next month.
Old 2012-06-22, 15:47   Link #70
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Hmmm... we might not find out about staff this Sunday. I just realized that the Shounen Sunday chapter for Magi said that staff details will be revealed subsequently on the magazine. They're planning on 3 weeks of reveals. So it'll probably be Studio -> Staff -> Cast. So we'll probably start getting regular news from monthly anime magazines as well starting next month.
So their pulling a zetsuen? Well that kinda srinks but from the sound of it then it should be a weekly type deal so the wait shouldn't be as annoying as with zetsuen. I also get the feeling they will show a closer look at the designs when they announce the cast. About how long it will be i say four cours is a given but the problem there would be there to stop since
Spoiler for Magi manga:
so where would they end?
Old 2012-06-22, 15:56   Link #71
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I think it's safe to say people wanna see 2 things, well, maybe 3.

1- How girly are they gonna make Aladdin sound^^;;.

2- Since he's a Magi, is he gonna speak like an old man? He certainly acts like a pervy old geezer-v-;;.

3- Morgiana, in general.
Old 2012-06-24, 03:29   Link #72
Katapan
俺様祭り

http://www.project-magi.com/

CM that was just shown after today's AGE. Looks fantastic.
Old 2012-06-24, 03:35   Link #73
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
http://www.project-magi.com/

CM that was just shown after today's AGE. Looks fantastic.
....... Wow that was beautiful...i take back what i said about the promo art....my brain needs to adjust at the aspect of a shonen show looking that beautiful though .
Old 2012-06-24, 03:37   Link #74
Kakkou
Tch.

That. Looked. So. Good. Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgianna's designs were wonderful and that tiny bit of animation just as much. No complaints here. Now to wait for the voice casts!!
Old 2012-06-24, 03:40   Link #75
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That. Looked. So. Good. Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgianna's designs were wonderful and that tiny bit of animation just as much. No complaints here. Now to wait for the voice casts!!
Yep. I really hope they get ai kayano to get mar i can't even think of a better match for her then kayano. Though now i'm really curious about the staff...but dang fall is going to be awesome.
Old 2012-06-24, 03:43   Link #76
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Looks pretty solid. But for a teaser ad, it's kinda odd that they're showing scenes from later in the series. Unless those are just cuts from the OP.
Old 2012-06-24, 04:03   Link #77
Katapan
俺様祭り

Yeah, it is pretty odd. I definitely find it smart since I didn't find the very beginning of the story that exciting myself, but I can't imagine they'd be that far into the production...

I'm also tempted to call Sawano on the OST now... wouldn't be surprising to see Aniplex hogging him.
Old 2012-06-24, 04:04   Link #78
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Yeah, it is pretty odd. I definitely find it smart since I didn't find the very beginning of the story that exciting myself, but I can't imagine they'd be that far into the production...

I'm also tempted to call Sawano on the OST now... wouldn't be surprising to see Aniplex hogging him.
Kaoru Wada could also fit as the music composer (besides Sawano), and I've been thinking of him charging of this show's music.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 04:08   Link #79
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:

Sawano OST... *drool* Oh man, if they get Sawano that'll really take the cake.

Calming down a little, I do agree seeing the stuff they've shown is a rather odd move and could probably mean it's from the OP. Maybe they just want to reassure manga fans that they've got those parts covered (and a better first hook than using bit of the first episode).
Old 2012-06-24, 04:15   Link #80
OPN

If aniplex did indeed get sawano then that would be icing on the already delicious cake. Regarding the scenes i imagine its just to hook new viewers in since the later parts of the manga are without a doubt better then the begining (though still really good).

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen