AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-05, 00:18   Link #2221
teejmo

Well, if ever there was a real life situation where a harem would be acceptable, this would be it. Yakuza bosses can do whatever they want.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 00:29   Link #2222
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Well, if ever there was a real life situation where a harem would be acceptable, this would be it. Yakuza bosses can do whatever they want.
Yes! Wank them all to fulfill their hearts' desires
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 00:33   Link #2223
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Harem is actually one of my favorite genres, but it has a fatal flaw in most of the series out there: The final girl is obvious.
Basically, the final girl is usually:
- The first girl to show up (not counting the childhood friend, unless the childhood friend is "returning home");
- Not the one the MC has a crush on;
- The first girl to to have an eventful meeting with the MC (crashed into the MC, was saved by the MC, etc);
- One of the most beautiful girls who the classmates/schoolmates have a crush on;
- The girl that gets the most covers;
- The girl that gets the most screentime;
Chitoge fits the bill perfectly, then again this is a really standard harem manga. She gets so screentime, so much focus that every other girl gets no chance, even if the supposed Key Girl isn't Chitoge, she still doesn't stand a chance against the main girl.
This is a damn shame, there should be more harem manga where these rules don't apply, most harem manga are just rom/coms with extra girls that stand no chance from the beginning. The worst of it all is...that the worst girl always win while the best ones get nothing, unless its a harem ending.

Thankfully there are some harem series out there that don't follow the rules, but not enough.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 00:38   Link #2224
Death Usagi
Banned

Sigh... I just pray for an open end seriously... Otherwise it's seriously going to be a bloody ending... For one thing, we have to take into consideration the 3 year period for the fake dating between Raku and Chitoge, which brings up the question: what next?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 00:39   Link #2225
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Harem is actually one of my favorite genres, but it has a fatal flaw in most of the series out there: The final girl is obvious.
Basically, the final girl is usually:
- The first girl to show up (not counting the childhood friend, unless the childhood friend is "returning home");
- Not the one the MC has a crush on;
- The first girl to to have an eventful meeting with the MC (crashed into the MC, was saved by the MC, etc);
- One of the most beautiful girls who the classmates/schoolmates have a crush on;
- The girl that gets the most covers;
- The girl that gets the most screentime;
Chitoge fits the bill perfectly, then again this is a really standard harem manga. She gets so screentime, so much focus that every other girl gets no chance, even if the supposed Key Girl isn't Chitoge, she still doesn't stand a chance against the main girl.
This is a damn shame, there should be more harem manga where these rules don't apply, most harem manga are just rom/coms with extra girls that stand no chance from the beginning. The worst of it all is...that the worst girl always win while the best ones get nothing, unless its a harem ending.

Thankfully there are some harem series out there that don't follow the rules, but not enough.
Remember Ichigo 100? Toujo Aya was the one the protag probably loved the most, then near final chapters something stupid happened and the stupid protag went back to the blonde. Yeah, that's rules don't apply for you. Try reading G.E too, it's stomachache indulging since it's drama and all that, but rules didn't apply to who can win either.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 00:41   Link #2226
Death Usagi
Banned

I think one of the reasons why I don't like Chitoge much is that she reminds me of Kirino from OreImo somehow...

For one thing, other than few series out there, I am really tired of violent tsundere winning the main protagonist in a harem series in an obvious way...

I am praying that Nisekoi won't be one of those series where the "obvious is obvious" rule apply, but if it does, it will just be another disappointment...
Old 2014-02-05, 00:45   Link #2227
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I'm thinking that Raku was fated to be with Chitoge as how the story set up from the first place.

Randrak, I understand that what you stated here would not sit right with some people, when it comes to harem genre, since the main girl wins is quite mainstream (mostly the first girl wins). But still, Chitoge isn't the first girl introduced in the series.
Old 2014-02-05, 01:11   Link #2228
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
Remember Ichigo 100? Toujo Aya was the one the protag probably loved the most, then near final chapters something stupid happened and the stupid protag went back to the blonde. Yeah, that's rules don't apply for you. Try reading G.E too, it's stomachache indulging since it's drama and all that, but rules didn't apply to who can win either.
I said usually, Ichigo 100% was one of the few exceptions (though it's a complicated one since it was also a rushed ending).

And what do you mean about G.E? It fits the bill to a T!
- First girl to show up is the girl the MC has a crush on (the final girl is rarely the one the Mc has a crush on);
- Second girl to show up AND the first girl to interact with the MC is the main girl (which is perfectly obvious from the beginning);
- She's on the first cover;
- She gets by far the most plot and screentime as well;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Randrak, I understand that what you stated here would not sit right with some people, when it comes to harem genre, since the main girl wins is quite mainstream (mostly the first girl wins). But still, Chitoge isn't the first girl introduced in the series.
Actually, Chitoge WAS the first girl introduced (not counting flashback) and in an eventful encounter too.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 01:22   Link #2229
Death Usagi
Banned

Seriously, Haru's personality seem to be really inherited from her mother XD
Old 2014-02-05, 01:26   Link #2230
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Even so, the past memory is still somewhat blurry & unclear. Maybe it's a bit too soon to assume who will win. For me, either Chitoge or Marika. However, I sought for the "screw the past promise!" scenario. Cause straight up rejection in a harsh way isn't his character.

Spoiler:

PS: I thought Onodera was the first.
Old 2014-02-05, 01:31   Link #2231
Death Usagi
Banned

So it is given that Haru likes Raku. I wonder how the Onodera sisters will deal with this if they found out that they both like Raku in the future.
Old 2014-02-05, 01:39   Link #2232
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I think one of the reasons why I don't like Chitoge much is that she reminds me of Kirino from OreImo somehow...
For one thing, other than few series out there, I am really tired of violent tsundere winning the main protagonist in a harem series in an obvious way...
I wouldn't compare them, Chitoge, at least to me, does not appear as spiteful and abrasive as Kirino (ugh) was, sure, she's a "violent tsundere", but the tone of her violence it's more slapstick comedy, while Kirino's was a lot more bitchy-ish.
In short, I do like Chitoge, she kind of grew on me, and I wouldn't be bothered by a Chitoge end, but apparently, I'm in the minority.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 01:49   Link #2233
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Chitoge is more of being a generic violent tsundere than an obnoxious/bitchy one. I personally find Chitoge likable. And now, it gets better as she's getting less abrasive & violent. She's making progress. Although whatever how this story ends as what Randrak assuming how it would end might not go right with me, but I wish Raku wouldn't harshly rejecting girls straight away, cause making sacrifice isn't his style.
Old 2014-02-05, 02:48   Link #2234
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Sigh... I just pray for an open end seriously... Otherwise it's seriously going to be a bloody ending...
Open endings are stupid, they don't provide closure to a series. But yeah, I see the advantages of an open ending for fans of a girl who is unlikely to win: They have enough room for imagination. On the other hand I'm far less critical of the main character rejecting the other girls after he chooses one. I'm not a fan of two-timing of three-timing. If the main character chooses one, then it is only fair that he gives closure to everybody else so they can move one.

Then again, it also depends on the series for me. For something like IS a rejection of everybody else would be seriously bad considering how many yanderes are running around. And Strike the Blood from what I've seen is a prime example for a series that can make do with one main wife and one or two secondary ones. But I don't see Nisekoi in that mold.
Old 2014-02-05, 03:20   Link #2235
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Although I'm rooting for Chitoge end, I began to worry about Marika who is being very aggressive and possessive towards Raku. Onodera wouldn't mind too much for that. But Marika, on the other hand... Oww, how should I describe this? I bet that she couldn't accept the fact and her defeat. I know she tries very hard, but she's being overconfident and very obsessed of Raku makes me think that she may be holding a yandere tendency time bomb that would lead to a 'nice boat' ending.

Things may not end well as long as she's around. That's why an ending without an absolute closure for a little bliss may do a bit easier.
Thing
Old 2014-02-05, 04:36   Link #2236
ImperialFlameGod8190

Hey guys before the ending comes there's still 2 massive problems to deal with. 1st of all its the existence of a 4th key if it is when does that girl come into play. 2nd of all it appears that marika is hiding something and i'm guessing its a game changer. Finally even if the fated girl is known as long as the whole gang war thing is still possible things could get so much worse especially if the police get involved as well
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 04:40   Link #2237
Breimoon

am i the only one betting the fourth girl be part of the imperial family?? Afterall we are still missing a princess in the story.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 05:17   Link #2238
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Hey guys before the ending comes there's still 2 massive problems to deal with. 1st of all its the existence of a 4th key if it is when does that girl come into play. 2nd of all it appears that marika is hiding something and i'm guessing its a game changer. Finally even if the fated girl is known as long as the whole gang war thing is still possible things could get so much worse especially if the police get involved as well
Let's just say if Marika was upset that the fated girl isn't her, she then have the police force to declare war on both yakuza and mafia gang, and then planning to force Raku to marry her and bear his child with her. Well, then this is as I concerned...
Old 2014-02-05, 05:57   Link #2239
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Although I'm rooting for Chitoge end, I began to worry about Marika who is being very aggressive and possessive towards Raku.
I'm no friend of Marika. Her obsessiveness reminds me somewhat of Kouko's behaviour towards Mitsuo at the beginning of Golden Time. Somewhat childish and unhealthy and not really romantic. But that's just me.
Old 2014-02-05, 05:59   Link #2240
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Let's just say if Marika was upset that the fated girl isn't her, she then have the police force to declare war on both yakuza and mafia gang, and then planning to force Raku to marry her and bear his child with her. Well, then this is as I concerned...
I am almost certain that won't happen. Marika is sick. It's implied that it's pretty lethal as well. The way I see it what's gonna happen is that one day she gets so sick that she can no longer hang around everyone. Raku finds out how serious it is and asks her why didn't she say something earlier. She tells him its because she doesn't want to be treated like a sickly fragile girl. She then asks him to fulfill her dying wish and be her boyfriend even if it is nisekoi, and to keep everything a secret from the others.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life