AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 03:12   Link #741
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Why should Al Qaeda fighters be given anything at all? They aren't even Syrians, what right do they have in telling Syria what to do with themselves? That's why I don't see there being any obligation for Assad to deal with them at all, as as far as he is concerned, the Al Qaeda have as much right to Syrian rule as Americans do.
Old 2013-10-05, 03:49   Link #742
Ridwan

Well then we'll wait. It's not like the Sunnis are either static or homogenous. Last time I heard native Sunni rebel recruitment to fundie forces are increasing.
Old 2013-10-06, 18:24   Link #743
AnimeFan188

Syria’s Got a Dangerous Plan to Save Its Warplanes:

"Syria has reportedly signed an agreement with Iran allowing Syria to send some of
its warplanes to Iran to protect them from possible attack by the U.S. and its allies—
this according to German publication Der Spiegel.

That Iran has offered safe haven to Syrian Pres. Bashar Al Assad’s air force is not
shocking, as Iran is Syria’s closest ally. What’s worrying is how Syria probably
intends to deliver the planes to Iran."

See:

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/364580c51ff3
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:16   Link #744
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
I fail to see the problem. Iraq have the right to have Syria pass through to park their planes in Iran if they wanted to. What, America is going to get upset that people lie? Much like how there wasn't suppose to be any drone strikes in Pakistan?
Old 2013-10-06, 21:22   Link #745
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Didn't Iraq try to do the same thing at the end of the first Gulf War?
Old 2013-10-06, 22:59   Link #746
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I still don't understand what's so "dangerous" about Syria potentially transferring its planes to Iran via Iraq air space. I mean, what would America do about it? Does the USA want to declare war on Iran, Iraq and Syria at the same time?

At this stage we should stop pretending that being a Superpower makes you omnipotent.
Old 2013-10-07, 14:40   Link #747
AnimeFan188

Turkey building wall on Syrian border to stem illegal migration:

"Turkey is building a two-meter high wall along part of its border with Syria near an
area of frequent fighting to try to stop people from illegally bypassing its checkpoints
and prevent smuggling, officials said on Monday.

Construction workers with excavators began digging foundations in Nusaybin, a border
district 10 km (6 miles) north of the Syrian town of Qamishli, where Kurds, rebel units
and Arab tribes have regularly clashed."

See:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.550997

=======================================

Syrian Air Force becoming increasingly aggressive near Turkish border:

"Whereas the news spread that Syria may have relocated some of its warplanes in
Iran, to save them from an eventual U.S. attack, on Oct. 6, the Turkish General Staff
made a press announcement about the increased activity by the Syrian Arab Air Force
close to the border with Turkey on Oct. 5."

See:

http://theaviationist.com/2013/10/07...ia-activities/
Old 2013-10-20, 20:17   Link #748
AnimeFan188

Syria snipers targeting pregnant women: British surgeon:

"Syrian snipers appear to be targeting pregnant women, a British surgeon said
Saturday after returning from the conflict zone.

David Nott, who spent five weeks volunteering at a Syrian hospital, told The Times
newspaper the gunshot wounds he had treated also indicated that bored snipers
were targeting particular parts of civilians' bodies in a bid to entertain themselves.

"One day it would be shots to the groin. The next, it would only be the left chest,"
he told the newspaper.

"From the first patients that came in in the morning, you could almost tell what you
would see for the rest of the day. It was a game.""

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-snipers-...183514583.html
Old 2013-10-20, 23:27   Link #749
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Disgusting!

Syrian repeat the same mistake that US made in Vietnam. The different is now they do in both sides.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 01:47   Link #750
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Disgusting!

Syrian repeat the same mistake that US made in Vietnam. The different is now they do in both sides.
Sniping is an art, a form of psychological warfare. Unfortunately I cannot share any details.

As cruel the snipers have been, the battlefield is a merciless place. For example, shooting a guy in the arm rather than inflicting a mortal wound has more advantages as it puts 2-3 people out of the fight instead of 1. Then there is shooting the second man, capping the second in command, putting down the remaining guard when his buddy is out in the toilet.......there are so many variations of fighting a larger force from a place undisturbed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 02:01   Link #751
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Heart: You wrote it like something to be praised of.

The start of a revolution, whether if it's a democrat, communist or religious, is always a phylosophy. And because it's a superphysical thing but touched everyone rights, faith is the key point to attract people to that revolution. And as I see it, THAT is a counter-productive action!
Old 2013-10-21, 02:07   Link #752
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
@Heart: You wrote it like something to be praised of.

The start of a revolution, whether if it's a democrat, communist or religious, is always a phylosophy. And because it's a superphysical thing but touched everyone rights, faith is the key point to attract people to that revolution. And as I see it, THAT is a counter-productive action!
That is a pretty idealistic way of thinking. Remember you guys were sending agents of influence on behalf of the Soviet Union into the rest of South East Asia, resulting in people getting jailed for no apparent reason just by simply communicating with these agents. Thailand bore the brunt of them on our behalf.

War never changes because there will always be casualties. A soldier cares not for politics, but rather secure victory for his commanders.

He can only hope that history will not judge him harshly for his deeds.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-10-21, 02:21   Link #753
Ridwan

Fireminer, revolution is simply a political change through sudden, radical, often violent means. It's not being defined by the intention behind it, nor it has often succeed in goaling said intention to begin with.
Old 2013-10-21, 02:42   Link #754
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, guest that is the effect of demographic to how each of us thinking!

With me, just like how V.Hugo defined it: "A Revolution is when the Majority against the Minority. A Coup is when the Minority against the Majority. And the Majority is always lie in the people."

And so my question is simple: How many Syrian choose to rise up against Assad, and how many decided to lie down? And in the number that took arm, how many do it for their deserved right, and how many exceed the borderline? - As in personal interest?

And Heart, what do you expect? It's often said that we became closest to our beastly nature at war. But know where is the last line is matter! I simply feel disgust of these monstrous actions.
Old 2013-10-21, 02:45   Link #755
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Can you please rephrase your question with elaborated facts and conciseness? I have absolutely no idea what you are getting at.

Old 2013-10-21, 02:47   Link #756
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
With me, just like how V.Hugo defined it: "A Revolution is when the Majority against the Minority. A Coup is when the Minority against the Majority."

And so my question is simple: How many Syrian choose to rise up against Assad, and how many decided to lie down? And in the number that took arm, how many do it for their deserved right, and how many exceed the borderline? - As in personal interest?
It would have been easy if this is about Syrians fighting Syrians. But by now we know that foreigners have entered the battle. And that if the rebels win, a large group of people taking power would be Non-Syrians. This means it wouldn't be a revolution or a coup; it would be an invasion.
Old 2013-10-21, 03:01   Link #757
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Meh, both sides are backed by foreign power AFAIK. Whichever sides win this civil war, the real winner will be the foreign power backing the winning side in the end.

And SH, although I mostly agree with your view in the sniping incident, but sniping civilians cruelly could potentially have the opposite effect of raising the enemy's morale is it not? (correct me if I'm wrong though, the only militaristic thing I knew is only from books, so I'm 90% blind about the reality of war)
Old 2013-10-21, 03:41   Link #758
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Again, this is the true form of my question: "Does no side ask the people "What do you want?" before igniting a Conflic?"

Remember one of Confusius line: "The leader must be a Northern Start". And as I see it, no side has it. Heck, the Liberation force is now alike to a Ceberus with its three head fighting each other. That could only show the lack of one true purpose of this revolution. Seriously, Assad is nothing more than a pawn. What matter is the way Syrian thinking.

@kuroi: And you are right! Just see at us, Vietnam to US.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-10-21 at 06:03. Reason: do not double post
Old 2013-10-21, 05:52   Link #759
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Sniping is an art, a form of psychological warfare. Unfortunately I cannot share any details.

As cruel the snipers have been, the battlefield is a merciless place. For example, shooting a guy in the arm rather than inflicting a mortal wound has more advantages as it puts 2-3 people out of the fight instead of 1. Then there is shooting the second man, capping the second in command, putting down the remaining guard when his buddy is out in the toilet.......there are so many variations of fighting a larger force from a place undisturbed.
There's necessary killing and a point when it becomes unnecessary and monstrous.

Of course, most of the killers have to be monstrous themselves to avoid the mental strain that comes after. Don't try to defend that, It's a simple fact
Old 2013-10-21, 06:07   Link #760
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
And SH, although I mostly agree with your view in the sniping incident, but sniping civilians cruelly could potentially have the opposite effect of raising the enemy's morale is it not? (correct me if I'm wrong though, the only militaristic thing I knew is only from books, so I'm 90% blind about the reality of war)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
There's necessary killing and a point when it becomes unnecessary and monstrous.

Of course, most of the killers have to be monstrous themselves to avoid the mental strain that comes after. Don't try to defend that, It's a simple fact
That is the real problem. The enemy, to the Syrian snipers can be anyone that is not in uniform. It is always shoot first, talk later, and let the opposition have their heyday; even if it is a "pregnant" woman; you don't know if she is packing a load of ANFO underneath that maternity dress or your fellow man's fruit. Unfortunately, as CE as said, it can be often used as a form of excuse to kill people; war is that dirty, regardless of side.

Sniping is still a psychological component of warfare; having your enemy cap your buddy right beside, out of nowhere you isn't something you don't want to write home about. But that is his job; to kill your morale, any means possible. It is a slow and patient process; one soldier at a time.

Quote:
Again, this is the true form of my question: "Does no side ask the people "What do you want?" before igniting a Conflic?"

Remember one of Confusius line: "The leader must be a Northern Start". And as I see it, no side has it. Heck, the Liberation force is now alike to a Ceberus with its three head fighting each other. That could only show the lack of one true purpose of this revolution. Seriously, Assad is nothing more than a pawn. What matter is the way Syrian thinking.

@kuroi: And you are right! Just see at us, Vietnam to US.
Kid, take some time off posting and go study the history of Syria. And while you are at it, study the Boer War, The Spanish Civil War, American War of Indepence, French Revolution, Xinhai Revolution, The Boxer Rebellion, The Opium War, The Boshelvik Revolution, and Cuban Missile Crisis, taking a close look at the external factors and aftermath.

Oh yes, go study the history of Afghanistan up until the Soviet Occupation of it until 1979, complete with how the mujahid get their arms and cash (you would be surprised that the Americans are not the only ones, or rather Westerners, backing them).

Plus, watch your grammar; your phrasing and spelling makes me wonder what the hell you actually want to say.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-10-21 at 06:39.