AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-11, 16:48   Link #741
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's always...peculiar...when the main character can also be one of the cutest girls in the whole VN.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 17:01   Link #742
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Agree. And if it isn't the protagonist then it is a young male like Shima from Clannad. I bet Kappei would count too if he cross dressed although that doesn't matter to Sunohara

Have you checked the 4 koma manga?; one of the chapters is when Riki goes to the girl's room and Kurugaya makes him dress like a girl.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 17:15   Link #743
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
Agree. And if it isn't the protagonist then it is a young male like Shima from Clannad. I bet Kappei would count too if he cross dressed although that doesn't matter to Sunohara

Have you checked the 4 koma manga?; one of the chapters is when Riki goes to the girl's room and Kurugaya makes him dress like a girl.
I worship LB...VN, 4 koma, manga and upcoming anime, etc included.
Old 2012-04-11, 17:22   Link #744
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

I applaud your dedication to Little Busters. One of the best visual novels ever done.

All Hail the Little Busters and Anego and Haruchin.
Old 2012-04-11, 17:23   Link #745
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
I applaud your dedication to Little Busters. One of the best visual novels ever done.

All Hail the Little Busters and Anego and Haruchin.
And Kuu! Don't forget the Wafffffuuuuuuuu~
Old 2012-04-11, 17:48   Link #746
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
And Kuu! Don't forget the Wafffffuuuuuuuu~

Wafuuu
Old 2012-04-11, 17:51   Link #747
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Riki has all the marks of being a Key heroine: mysterious illness(albeit it's actually recognized ingame), inner obstacle to overcome (arguably all characters have to have this for them to be good characters, but still), and having bishoujo quality. All that leaves now is a scenario: perhaps similar to Sassy-chan's in EX, but this time originating from the hot mid-day delusions of Mio as the boys practice in the baseball field? All hail the non-muscle sensation Masato route!
Old 2012-04-11, 17:54   Link #748
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

May Muscle be with you, my brethren.
Old 2012-04-11, 17:57   Link #749
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Riki's scenario is the game as a whole... or alternatively, he grows with the exact same events Rin grows, just in different ways.

I thought it was brilliant. What pulled me into CLANNAD and AIR were the protagonists being highly interesting characters in their own right. LB! was certainly no different.
Old 2012-04-11, 19:57   Link #750
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
May Muscle be with you, my brethren.
Kiniku kiniku.
Old 2012-04-11, 20:11   Link #751
Balzac
Assistant Professor

anime talk:

How will the heroine route sections deal with the VN's element of having the rest of the female cast outright disappear during them? The only exception might be Rin, who appeared in Yuiko's, and Kanata's route, which going by its unlocking requirements, isn't that surprising. Thoughts? Would mishandling of these parts turn the fear into anger, leading to hate, leading to suffering?
Old 2012-04-12, 08:26   Link #752
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
anime talk:

How will the heroine route sections deal with the VN's element of having the rest of the female cast outright disappear during them? The only exception might be Rin, who appeared in Yuiko's, and Kanata's route, which going by its unlocking requirements, isn't that surprising. Thoughts? Would mishandling of these parts turn the fear into anger, leading to hate, leading to suffering?
Spoilers
Spoiler for Later routes
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If you're just talking about the loss of focus most of the girls have during a particular route, CLANNAD handled that pretty well. To whit: in Kotomi's route, Kyou, Ryou, and Nagisa all end up helping Tomoya to some extent on the garden, while in the game it was all Tomoya all the time.

Regarding the spoiler, I think it might be interesting if they make it abundantly clear that
Spoilers
Spoiler for Later routes
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
, with the two major exceptions until Kotomi explains why they did it at the end.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:22   Link #753
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Just to be sure...I'm not the only adult male to cry like a little girl when the Little Busters were saying their farewells in Refrain was I?
Was I?
Old 2012-04-16, 05:54   Link #754
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Just to be sure...I'm not the only adult male to cry like a little girl when the Little Busters were saying their farewells in Refrain was I?
Was I?
Hey, you're certainly not alone.

Making grown up men cry like a baby is what Key do best
Old 2012-04-16, 06:04   Link #755
Xacual

Quote:
I didn't cry but it was a close run. It was damn heartbreaking though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 06:12   Link #756
Balzac
Assistant Professor

To date, only Kanon and Rewrite of their games (wait, include KudWafter on that list) hasn't made me shed a single tear.

But if one were talking of tears from too much laughing? Every game, save for Planetarian, did.
("-and a toilet seat cover!", "Meen! Meeen! Maaaaan!", "WHAT IS YOUTH!???")
Old 2012-04-16, 06:19   Link #757
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Was I?
The farewell scene *was* sad, but personally I shed only tears in Kud's route and a bit in Komari's . LB's true route didn't somehow have the emotional "sledge hammer" effect that Clannad's after story had provoked.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 06:38   Link #758
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh, Refrain hit me hard in some of the scenes!
Another thing that hit me hard was Kuu's final phonecall to Riki...the way she begged him to help made me feel like I had a screw driver in my heart that wouldn't stop turning. And while chained up I kept feeling rage...just pure rage for what was happening to her.
Komari's route also pulled a whole lot of strings I didn't know I had as well.
I never smiled as much during the whole game as when I got to Kurugaya's true ending. Might be because she's one of my all time favourite characters...ever...but I really loved it.

But with that said...no other scene was capable of even bringing tears to my eyes like the LB farewell in Refrain...I was bawling my eyes out as Masato vanished, I think I even hit my PC at some point...
Best part is, I'm played through the VN multiple times, I've seen that scene around 3 times and it still carries the same impact as the first time.
Old 2012-04-16, 14:39   Link #759
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Was I?
Certainly not. In any sad scene you can expect me to cry like Goal from Air or the sad parts of Clannad. Refrain also made me cry a lot.
Old 2012-04-16, 16:16   Link #760
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I think, in Refrain, it was a combination of the music Faraway and Faraway (instrumental), and the fact that it just hits so much out of left field, yet, as we are assured by Kyousuke, is very much a logical turn of events and will be happening no matter what Riki or Rin can do. So there's some shock value there: it is as if the audience is in Riki's shoes and we are seeing this happen and we can't do anything about it. And the final straw (for me) was Kyousuke's final farewell himself, when he broke down in tears.

And then of course, Komari's farewell (together with all of the gang's flashbacks) nailed the point further that we won't be seeing any of the girls again.

If you haven't seen it, this is a good video to see for those who've finished the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJw2XkAj0Gg

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel