AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-27, 22:34   Link #6461
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Loving the assumptions that go into that statement. Neither of my top two favorites do I find plausible shipping targets (and the third doesn't even begin to appeal to plausibilityhttp://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Squick). I have ships for both of them (I like 'everyone on the side of good is happy' endings, but neither of them are ending up with Hayate.
My favorite shipping is actually lower in favorites than other characters.

Nagi is the character who's grown the most since the beginning. At the start she didn't see any issue with money, now she's actually putting thought into what she earns (if not what she spends), and wanting the money she uses for Hayate's b-day present to be from what she earns herself, not from the stocks she probably bought with her grandfather's money.
She's more 'street smart' than she was at the beginning, when she thought everything had to do with being 'book-smart' (how someone can be successful at the stock market and not be 'street-smart' I'm not quite sure.)
So you do noticed Bastion,
Cause only a true loyal Nagi fans noticed a single details of her growth,
plus, before her even breaking the stone,
she already grown much such as not easily give up anymore,
and etc.
And it now end to the fact that A-tan just revives herself from Chapter 265 and went all-assault in few chapters later.......
Old 2010-03-27, 22:37   Link #6462
5yewy5r

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
havent read 266 yet? :P
Goddamn again. I went back a page and saw people's responses...I guess I was a bit late.. xD

But if A-tan did return to Japan just not with Hayate, seems like Hata just wanted to somehow make it clear that A-tan x Hayate won't happen, but still wants A-tan as a character.... Happens in a lot of Harem mangas, and at that point, only thing left for people shipping that relationship is denial and despair...
5yewy5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 22:43   Link #6463
Wolfnagi

Well,
I just have a word for Hata,
JUST MAKE THE HAREM ENDING!!!!!
And LET ME HAVE OJOU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-03-27, 23:16   Link #6464
chronoxii

i just realised something a bit late

imagine if hayate was the one saying that instead of a-tan ... @.@
me and my warped imagination ahahahah
chronoxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 23:37   Link #6465
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Well,
I just have a word for Hata,
JUST MAKE THE HAREM ENDING!!!!!
And LET ME HAVE OJOU!!!!!!!!!!
and so A-Tan goes to me
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 23:47   Link #6466
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoxii View Post
i just realised something a bit late

imagine if hayate was the one saying that instead of a-tan ... @.@
me and my warped imagination ahahahah
leave that for the doujins
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 23:58   Link #6467
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
The assumption about "people" doesn't mean "Bastion Arcion". You took defense too quickly. With that in mind, your entire first "paragraph" is like a counter to an attack that was never there.

Second paragraph I'd agree with. I honestly never saw the events between the beginning of the series and the breaking of the midas stone as significant, but you pretty much summarize the (perceived) significance of her breaking the stone. It's a symbol of materialism, you know?

Quote:
For some reason people always like to ship their favorite characters together, rather than the characters that should be together.
Bastion Arcion is a person, who doesn't follow your statement of 'always'. Thus my statement is valid as a counter.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 00:04   Link #6468
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Bastion just doesn't admit that he likes Hina the most and just use Ayumu as a scapegoat. ^^
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 00:15   Link #6469
babohtea

People say "everyone", "always", and "nobody" even when they don't literally mean the extremes. A better argument would have been to say that "most people don't fit your description".
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 00:43   Link #6470
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
People say "everyone", "always", and "nobody" even when they don't literally mean the extremes. A better argument would have been to say that "most people don't fit your description".
A better argument would have been not to use the extreme in the first place, that's what I was pointing out. I wouldn't have commented at all if the argument had said 'most' instead. The extremes exist to be used as such and lesser words exist for when it is known that everyone doesn't fall into the pattern.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 01:44   Link #6471
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
A better argument would have been not to use the extreme in the first place, that's what I was pointing out. I wouldn't have commented at all if the argument had said 'most' instead. The extremes exist to be used as such and lesser words exist for when it is known that everyone doesn't fall into the pattern.
Are you seriously trying to use this as a lesson to teach me not to use colloquial extremes? No. I refuse. That's stupid. Or did you want me to say that it might be slightly annoying to continue? Communication isn't perfect, if you can't detect the millions of assumed nuances in conversation, you're going to misunderstand everyone (Oh no! The "E" word!). I seriously cannot believe that you legitimately misinterpreted my "everybody" for meaning literally every single person on the face of the planet and beyond. It seems like you just want to argue.

Nobody's going to be perfectly specific in speech, ever. In fact, the more specific the sentence, the more likely there will be a fundamental misunderstanding due to differences in definition.

Topic over. Back to HnG please.

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-03-28 at 02:08. Reason: I didn't quite get all of my rage out with my first post. I have since calmed down.
Old 2010-03-28, 02:01   Link #6472
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

on related news, Athena is the best Hayate no Gotoku! character EVERYONE agrees and its fact too so dont bother arguing about it
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 02:03   Link #6473
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
on related news, Athena is the best Hayate no Gotoku! character EVERYONE agrees and its fact too so dont bother arguing about it
I think this disclaimer may be necessary:
He is trying to be funny. Letting your blood pressure rise may have adverse effects on your health. For EVERYONE.
Old 2010-03-28, 02:42   Link #6474
Used Can

Quote:
Going by Umineko logic, if I apply Hempel's Raven, I can prove this either true or false. I agree with this statement, and therefore it's true.
Old 2010-03-28, 03:20   Link #6475
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Not really :/ tbh, as much as the Greek vacation arc was entertaining overall, there are many places where it reeks of bad writing.
well, i won't deny that one o_o .. but i think the lack of plot for the last 200+ chapters is mainly out of business - extending his series, he could however still create a much decent story if he chose to,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I think the battle is already between Nagi and Athena again the moment that they met. Of course, Hayate is still very much in love with Athena. By the time Athena comes back (gonna be every soon, I think), Hina should make her move if she wants a chance (If she still hasn't by then, she might as well stay in her shell forever...). But what's the chance that Hayate's going to accept Hina (doesn't have feelings for her + have to stay by Nagi's side until she lets him go) ? Well, I'll leave it your imagination.
i think the last arc made everyone, more or less, of equal standing, except nagi.. unless hayate discovers about the box and the ring earlier...
*atan fans dont shoot me*
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 04:00   Link #6476
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
That's the very same reason that still gives Hina fans hope , and it probably will be that way until the story ends if she keeps this up (I, honestly, won't be surprised if she will never confess).
Neither would I. If Hina is going to win, it will be Hayate to chase and confess to her

Quote:
Hayate already returned to Japan with the group without Athena. =P
So you mean she caused him heartbreak by telling him goodbye first to then take back her pledge with silly semantics? That would have been pretty stupid of her, wouldn't it?

No, the separation holds. The symbolism is "I will return your butler to you, but my feelings of love are mine". It's not a challenge. If Athena wanted to fight for Hayate, she could do so now. There's no point in doing it later.

Quote:
I think the battle is already between Nagi and Athena again the moment that they met. Of course, Hayate is still very much in love with Athena.
They have said goodbye. Hayate considers himself dumped and is getting over the heartbreak. If you honestly believe that - should he ever fall in love with another girl, as he said - he'll then dump her again for his first love Athena, be my guest. I don't consider him that much of a bastard.

Quote:
By the time Athena comes back (gonna be every soon, I think), Hina should make her move if she wants a chance (If she still hasn't by then, she might as well stay in her shell forever...). But what's the chance that Hayate's going to accept Hina (doesn't have feelings for her + have to stay by Nagi's side until she lets him go) ? Well, I'll leave it your imagination.
Having Hina take relationship advice from you would be like me taking medical advice from the undertaker

Just leave Hina be for now. I hope that she'll be able to return to her normal self. The rest will develop or not.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 05:57   Link #6477
chronoxii

Quote:
Agree. Is there a a-tan fan club formed yet lol. i wanna joinnnnn <33
chronoxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 07:31   Link #6478
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Not to all people game xD
Cause it seems that in your poll,
60 % voted 5 Stars while the rest voted less......
I think.............
Old 2010-03-28, 07:52   Link #6479
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
If Hina is going to win, it will be Hayate to chase and confess to her
There is nothing wrong with hoping. Guess Hata's plan worked.

Quote:
So you mean she caused him heartbreak by telling him goodbye first to then take back her pledge with silly semantics? That would have been pretty stupid of her, wouldn't it?

No, the separation holds. The symbolism is "I will return your butler to you, but my feelings of love are mine". It's not a challenge. If Athena wanted to fight for Hayate, she could do so now. There's no point in doing it later.
Not really. I thought she rejected Hayate because the author can't have the manga ended, and it gave the others some opportunities with everything back to square one, somewhat.
One of the reasons was to repay Nagi. The other was she thought Hayate could be hurt, but there is no harm in wanting him to love her now, is it?

Athena stated that she's giving Hayate back to Nagi now, but that won't necessarily happen the next time. That means she has the desire to have him. Even more so when Athena wears the ring. Since that ring represents Hayate's feelings for her, it would make more sense that she hasn't give up on Hayate's feelings for her, right?

Quote:
They have said goodbye. Hayate considers himself dumped and is getting over the heartbreak. If you honestly believe that - should he ever fall in love with another girl, as he said - he'll then dump her again for his first love Athena, be my guest. I don't consider him that much of a bastard.
Well, I was thinking that Hina would leave Hayate once she realized her place, but him dumping her could work. And since they haven't yet going out, he has every right to reject her without being a jack-ass.

Quote:
Having Hina take relationship advice from you would be like me taking medical advice from the undertaker

Just leave Hina be for now. I hope that she'll be able to return to her normal self. The rest will develop or not.
But I wasn't trying to waste my time giving her advice; I'd kill myself before then. So, don't be ridiculous now.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 07:55   Link #6480
babohtea

Meh. Harems are harems. Even if they are unplausible; I hope to see Hayate end with anyone.

Tags
comedy, shounen