AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 17:42   Link #1
itachi29al

[Manga] Weakest member of Akatsuki

If this thread has already been made someone tell me but as far as i can see thier only a strongest member one.
My vote goes for deidara because it seems that he fell to kakashi rrather easily.

Last edited by itachi29al; 2007-04-15 at 17:43. Reason: spoiler
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 18:01   Link #2
tkdtiger

I think this should go with the strongest member one, just because you could list them from strongest to weakest...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 23:43   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

My answer isnt a real answer....i'd say....there is no telling who is the weakest.
Because each member (3) so far have fallen against different persons and different types of shinobi.

Shikamaru won with his brains (Hidan)
Sakura won by predicting (brains again) and a bit of luck (Sasori)
Naruto won by power (Kakuzu)

Deidara lost because he fought against several opponents Gaara/Kakashi took both arms and was left alone against 2 squads. (and still survived)

Kisame so far has done nothing special
Itachi seems impressive but i think his own body isnt so strong (which could be why he is avoiding certain battles)

For all we know is Zetsu the weakest person or Tobi they seem to have weird but great abilities...
Old 2007-04-16, 17:00   Link #4
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
My answer isnt a real answer....i'd say....there is no telling who is the weakest.
Because each member (3) so far have fallen against different persons and different types of shinobi.

Shikamaru won with his brains (Hidan)
Sakura won by predicting (brains again) and a bit of luck (Sasori)
Naruto won by power (Kakuzu)

Deidara lost because he fought against several opponents Gaara/Kakashi took both arms and was left alone against 2 squads. (and still survived)

Kisame so far has done nothing special
Itachi seems impressive but i think his own body isnt so strong (which could be why he is avoiding certain battles)

For all we know is Zetsu the weakest person or Tobi they seem to have weird but great abilities...
I hate when ppl talk such BS ..

Naruto didnt won against Kakuzu alone .. next time say Kakashi/Yamato/Choji/Ino/Naruto/Sakura won against Kakuzu .. i mean Naruto cant beat anyone alone ..

And Sakura/and that Hag won against Sasori .. and even Sasori could dodge killing blow but he didnt as it was said ..

And for love of god how can someone say Deidara is weakest ? I mean he is still alive ..

i would say Kakuzu .. i mean Naruto hited him o.O
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 17:54   Link #5
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
I hate when ppl talk such BS ..

Naruto didnt won against Kakuzu alone .. next time say Kakashi/Yamato/Choji/Ino/Naruto/Sakura won against Kakuzu .. i mean Naruto cant beat anyone alone ..

And Sakura/and that Hag won against Sasori .. and even Sasori could dodge killing blow but he didnt as it was said ..

And for love of god how can someone say Deidara is weakest ? I mean he is still alive ..

i would say Kakuzu .. i mean Naruto hited him o.O
I take this quite personal so....let the flame wars begin! ...no seriously..

Naruto won...end.. or to be more specific. The good guys, Konoha won.
Sakura won...

The result matters....oh and to correct you....if you are dead or alive...it doesnt mean you are strong or weak. If Deidara is alive it doesnt mean that he is strong or either way. (Come to think of it....its pretty common that many cowards survive and nobody should take this personal)

Honestly....what has your post to do with my post....are you sure you quoted the right post?
Old 2007-04-16, 19:08   Link #6
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
I take this quite personal so....let the flame wars begin! ...no seriously..

Naruto won...end.. or to be more specific. The good guys, Konoha won.
Sakura won...

The result matters....oh and to correct you....if you are dead or alive...it doesnt mean you are strong or weak. If Deidara is alive it doesnt mean that he is strong or either way. (Come to think of it....its pretty common that many cowards survive and nobody should take this personal)

Honestly....what has your post to do with my post....are you sure you quoted the right post?
Dont make it personal .. im didnt meant only for u .. i just get piss off when i see something that is not true ..

And about Deidara he had his fights and he is not coward he fought more then Kakuzu and Hidan and he survived it .. he menaged to trick 2 teams of 4 ppl .. dont u think that he is little more then weak coward ?

Deidara went on mission he accomplished it and came back .. Hidan and Kakuzu went on mission and got killed in their way .. so i guess that explain who is weak ..
Old 2007-04-16, 20:31   Link #7
Slayerx

Weakest of Ataksuki... a bit hard to say since it's hard to say what makes someone overall strong.

Hidan i would say definatly makes the list in my opinion. He could kill you by just cutting you, but against most other top tear ninjas i wouldn't say that's too likely to happen... Afterall, Hidan admitted that he was the slowest fighter in the group, and considering he uses that big ass triple sythe instead of something much faster, his chances of getting that one hit is relatively low. not to mention he has to draw the circle to kill you and if you keep on the offensive than that will be kinda hard for him to do (It's nothing short of plot devise, that no one seems to attack hidan while he's making the thing)... as for Hidan's immortality, that gives him a definate strong defence, but it doesn't make him unstoppable... as we've seen, you can still cut him up something bad... cut off a limb and you can greatly slow him down; cut off his head and he might as well be dead; though cutting off limbs ain't the easiest task... Lastly, aside from his voodoo technic, Hidan doesn't really have anything else on his offensive, which kinda takes away from his strength...

Sasori by comparison to hidan is a much more powerful and deadly oppenent... speed wise, his personal speed varies with the type of puppet he is using, but when it comes to all of his attacks, they are all very fast and very hard to avoid/block... Furtharmore, the poison used in ALL of sasori's attacks can paralyze you very quickly and puts you on a death setence; considering the high speed of Sasori's attacks and how he doesn't need to make the circle and all, this makes a scratch from sasori even more deadly than a scratch from Hidan... The only reason why Chiyo and Sakura faired as well as they did is because Chiyo has advanced knowledge in puppets and thus was able to better predict Sasori's attacks abd thus allow her and Sakura to dodge as needed (sakura being controlled by Chiyo), and Sakura managed to make a temporary antidote to Sasori's deadly poison; really they were probably the worse opponents that Sasori could have faced... had they been any other ninja, Sasori would have won that battle since other ninja's would not have been able to avoid the attacks as nicely, and would not have the antidote... So Sasori imo, would be one of the stronger ones; only mentioned him to conrast to Hidan.

coming in second i would name as weak would be Diedara... Main reason for this is because beyond his exploding clay, Deidara seems to have nothing else so far... really, if you survive long enough for Daidara to run out of clay, then Deidara is as good as done... Garra managed to beat most of the attacks through his defence, while Naruto and Kakashi, who didn't have such a defence, must have been just plain blowing up the things in mid air... Kinda like Sasori, and Hidan, pulling off just one clay attack is all that's really needed for Deidara to win in a fight, Good speed and skills with a suriken can keep you alive... As the case of Naruto and Kakashi, they seemed to fair well fending off whatever Deidara threw at them... Deidara gains some points for being tricky, such as taking advatage of the sand village to help beat Garra, or using that bomb to escape from kohona's ninjas, but i give such trickier only a certain amount of credit for strength... i mean, the first trick wouldn't have worked if they fought anywhere other than sand village (which would lead to Deidara's defeat), and the second trick was mostly a method of escape for when he was out of ammo...

Kakuzu is one that i really hesitate to name... considering how he fought before Naruto showed up, i would say he is very strong... by having all five elements on his side, he could have an advantage over any ninja... he also had quite a bit of destructive power in those attacks of his... We saw he had some good physical strength as well, and that wierd body of his allowed him to have some rather speedy and unpredicatble close range attacks... When it comes down to it, he clearly had Kakashi chouji and Ino beaten... When it comes to his defeat in a one on one match against naruto, i find that to be more of a plot device... considering Kakuzu was intellgent and how well he faired fighting kakashi, him falling for such a simply trick from naruto seemed out of character, as if Kishi decided to make him suck for just one moment to make Naruto shine... Really, the way he got beat by naruto makes him look weak, but everything else about him just screams of well balanced strength...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:56   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Dont make it personal .. im didnt meant only for u .. i just get piss off when i see something that is not true ..

And about Deidara he had his fights and he is not coward he fought more then Kakuzu and Hidan and he survived it .. he menaged to trick 2 teams of 4 ppl .. dont u think that he is little more then weak coward ?

Deidara went on mission he accomplished it and came back .. Hidan and Kakuzu went on mission and got killed in their way .. so i guess that explain who is weak ..
Well i think that if you read my posts correctly you'd quickly come to the conclusion that i said with other words that it is hard to tell or no telling at all who actually is the weakest.

I still find your replies strange because it has little to do with my posts.
Old 2007-04-17, 04:10   Link #9
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Well i think that if you read my posts correctly you'd quickly come to the conclusion that i said with other words that it is hard to tell or no telling at all who actually is the weakest.

I still find your replies strange because it has little to do with my posts.
Just was refering becouse u said Naruto beated Kakuzu like Naruto beated him alone .. and same for Sakura ..

@slayerx Well i would agree that Hidan is weakest but Kakuzu said he cant kill Hidan , just becouse of that i said Kakuzu is weakest .. but i think two of them r still weakest of all ..
Old 2007-04-17, 07:16   Link #10
shankss
CP10

way to go..naruto killed a tired 453 year old monster with one hit KO because kakuzu just look down on him and his weird jutsu..otherwise if kakuzu took naruto more seriously naruto'd die no matter what...kakuzu just rushed on him...this is not power, this is simply luck - -

ps: Hidan may be weak in close combat...but probably He might be the only one that can easily kill a full Kyuubified Naruto that makes him a great ranged damage..even more dangerous than deidara.His only weak point is preparations before battle..that blood thing and being open to attacks in his circle.Now that we mention blood some kyuubi-fans will rush at me saying ""omg demons wont bleed.besides kyuubi is the king biju so he wont bleed even if others dooo!1!zomglol"" then i wonder how hidan got that girl jinchuurikis blood in her full fire cat form...hmm
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 08:08   Link #11
ShikaShika
無罪

I have no idea what Tobi does, but seeing as he's been nothing but comic relief and Deidara's bitch, I can't see him being very strong, so my vote's on him.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 10:36   Link #12
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Just was refering becouse u said Naruto beated Kakuzu like Naruto beated him alone .. and same for Sakura ..

@slayerx Well i would agree that Hidan is weakest but Kakuzu said he cant kill Hidan , just becouse of that i said Kakuzu is weakest .. but i think two of them r still weakest of all ..
I didnt want to reply on this but....even with all hearts....Naruto's attack would take out every heart... it was all over for both sides...and obviously Kakuzu was in a worse situation. Naruto could've defeated Kakuzu on his own.

Anyway like i said before....the result matters...
Old 2007-04-17, 10:58   Link #13
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
I didnt want to reply on this but....even with all hearts....Naruto's attack would take out every heart... it was all over for both sides...and obviously Kakuzu was in a worse situation. Naruto could've defeated Kakuzu on his own.

Anyway like i said before....the result matters...
U cant be serious ..
Old 2007-04-17, 11:14   Link #14
ri0

Quote:
I agree that one attack would have killed Kakuzu... the problem is that Naruto was saved by Yamato and Kakashi before so you can't say he did it alone.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 12:08   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
I agree that one attack would have killed Kakuzu... the problem is that Naruto was saved by Yamato and Kakashi before so you can't say he did it alone.
Slayerx's rankings pretty much reflect my opinion on their overall levels of strength. The power of their abilites and how well they used those abilites is the only way to fairly rank them.

But to say that Akatsuki A lost to opponent(s) C while Akatsuki B won against opponent(s) D therefore Akatsuki B is stronger than A isn't a good argument because there's many circumstances involved. Aktatsuki members are sent after opponents that are best suited to their strengths (probably why Deidara was sent to collect Gaara) and when they lose they are usually pitted against someone who can exploit their one particular weakness.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 12:37   Link #16
Slayerx

Quote:
Well, there's a difference between kill and immobilize... as we've seen, even Shikamaru didn't kill Hidan in the end, it seems that really no one can kill him, including Kakuzu; however, immobolizing Hidan is a different question.

Considering how destructive some of kakuzu's attacks are, and the fact that Hidan isn't immune to being blown to bits, i find it rather easy to believe that Kakuzu could blow hidan apart, effectivly immobolizing him... i see no reason he shouldn't be able to... furtharmore, that iron skin of Kakuzu's would make it very hard for Hidan to make a single cut into Kakuzu's skin... so i'd still say Kakuzu was definatly the stronger of the two

Now going back and comparing Deidara and Kakuzu, when it comes down to it, Kakuzu is just the overall more well rounded fighter... Deidara's is bascially limited to his clay attacks, the moment he runs out of clay is basically when the fight is over for him... In his fight against Kakashi and Naruto, Deidara was trying to beat them, but in the end Naruto and Kakashi manage to deal with his clay attacks just fine... and when it comes to the battle with Garra, the only reason Deidara gained that opening against Garra(garra using the booby trapped sand to guard himself) was because of the sand village; had they fought anywhere else, Deidara would have never gotten that opening, would have ran out of clay, and would have effectivly lost

When it comes to Kakuzu, he is just a far more well rounded fighter... his attacks allow him to be effective against a wide range of other fighters. At the end of his fight, he had kakashi completly defeated, even if Kakashi was got some help from others, particuallry shikamaru who saved him from getting his heart torn out... Unlike Deidara who is highly desrtuctive but rather limited in abilties, Kakuzu just seems like the overall stronger fighter... He's not as destructive as Deidara, but is overall varied styled attacks and his abitlty to fight for longer periods of time make him the stronger one in my opinion
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 12:49   Link #17
MobiuS

You guys dont know what you are saying.

If you called Deidara weak .. consider this: Even without arms ... he triggered a technique that would have wiped out both teams if it wasn't for a magical plothole eye being available.

He's fast ... deadly from insane range ... and can literally blow you up b4 you realize he was even near by using a clay pet.

I dunno about you ... but if Deidara launched an army of spiders at Itachi and hid, he could actually blow the mofo up long before Itachi can get any sort of assault move going.

Sasori is even worse than Deidara ... being that he doesnt need to fight you. He can drench a 1 mile radius in his toxic fumes and chill in the centre. You can't get to him without going through a fog of crippling mist. You'll be dead b4 u hit him.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 13:27   Link #18
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Deidara is one of the stronger Akatsuki members shown. Lets put things into perspective:

- The only Akatsuki who was given important tasks to do by himself; or with people like Tobi who act like a joke.

- The only Akatsuki who had the odds stack against him from the beginning. Like for example, it wasn't simply Deidara Vs Gaara; but Deidara Vs the entire Sand Village. Gaara had so many advantages over Deidara that it was almost laughable and even here, Deidara thought the fight would had been a joke and didn't even arrived half prepared.

- The only Akatsuki member who had shown complicated tactics and planned for events far into the future (aka Shikimaru). Look at how Deidara devised a way to use Gaara's perfect defense against him all from the time Gaara was going to use his finishing move.

- The shown Akatsuki member who had captured the most Bijuus; and in Deidara's case, he had captured them practically by himself.

- The only shown Akatsuki member who has great versatily in his attacks from strategic uses to moves that can level down an entire village if it connects. Yes, it may look simple because he is using the same type of jutsu but in a sense it reminds me of Shika's shadow jutsu.

- One of the only shinobis who can fly and is extremely mobile. Even if somehow you can avoid his attacks, he can simply fly away.

Deidara had shown more than enough to prove he can fight any shinobi in the series and have a good chance of winning; even the 4th with his instant teleportation jutsu.

Sasori is way up there too. His defeat was a plothole device. We didn't even get to see his strongest attacks.

By far, I will have to say either Hidan or Tobi is the weakest member and I am greatly leaning towards Hidan who even with his immortality can be defeated fairly easily.
Old 2007-04-17, 13:28   Link #19
Zishi

I am just gonna name a list of who I think is the strongest and weakest in Akatsuki through my observations.

Going from strongest to weakest. I will only rank those we have seen in battle. Will skip the others.

1. Itachi (Well he can instant kill and has some very strong genjutsus)
2. Sasori (He would be very hard to kill if you didnt know his weakness)
3. Kisame (Has the largest amount of chakra also he did pretty good against a team of Gai with just 30% chakra, thats 70% more potential)
4. Deidara (Probably the strongest longrange ninja in whole of Naruto)
5. Kakazu (If you have some crazy ass damage jutsu he is a goner)
6. Hidan (If you can avoid his fast but slowest attacks in whole of Akatsuki, you are pretty much as safe in combat versus Hidan)
Zishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 13:35   Link #20
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Weakest Akatsuki? I think this is one of those questions that simply cannot have an answer. If they all duked it out in one big tournament, with all the possible match-ups available then we could come to a conclusion safely. But let's face it, we are not getting such concrete information. It's not like in Bleach with the Espada who are ranked by numbers in terms of their fighting prowess.