AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-20, 06:42   Link #41
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
This one is a guaranteed FLOP, don't even bother
Presumptuous much?

Give it a chance, mate.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 06:46   Link #42
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm getting the same impression I got from AGE. Is that a bad thing?
Yes it is. How can you even begin to associate a Level 5 production with a Yoshiyuki Tomino production?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
This one is a guaranteed FLOP, don't even bother
Trolling is against the rules of the forum.
Old 2014-03-20, 07:33   Link #43
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
let's hope this will bridge & explain the gap between eras of Victory & the Ring of Gundam, not sure if Gaia Gear counts tho.... its an alternate U.C. right?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 07:44   Link #44
Tiberium Wolf

Reconguista !? Did they make a typo here?
Old 2014-03-20, 07:44   Link #45
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I got a good feeling about this anime.

When I first saw Age I felt nothing, I had zero interest. Till this day it is the only Gundam that I have not touched (well saw one episode and did not had the motivation to continue).

I did enjoy King Gainer, so maybe that is why I am interest in it. The design is bit funky, but it makes it bit interesting as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Looking at the proportion....

I bet it will be the smallest gundam we ever see

*minus gunpla
I think V2 is one of the smaller Gundam, around 16 meter. The trend in UC was making MS smaller, so maybe this one will be less than 15 meter?
Old 2014-03-20, 08:00   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Am I the only one who reminded of Eureka 7 when I see the characters? I hope this won't be Eureka Gundam 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
let's hope this will bridge & explain the gap between eras of Victory & the Ring of Gundam, not sure if Gaia Gear counts tho.... its an alternate U.C. right?
Sunrise has no obligation to bridge both Gaia Gear and G-Saviour to UC since IIRC they already denied both of them from UC continuity and place them in alternate universes all on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
When I first saw Age I felt nothing, I had zero interest. Till this day it is the only Gundam that I have not touched (well saw one episode and did not had the motivation to continue).
Smart move.

You actually saved your precious time by not watching it. Still, if you really have to see it, I suggest you watch AGE first generation (with Flit as MC) and then go directly to Memory of Eden OVA, that's it.
Old 2014-03-20, 08:20   Link #47
Death Usagi
Banned

E...Eureka Seven?!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 08:20   Link #48
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Am I the only one who reminded of Eureka 7 when I see the characters? I hope this won't be Eureka Gundam 7.
same character designer, who also did Turn A Gundam & Overman King Gainer, which both are also Sunrise & Tomino shows

& there are already a bunch of Gundam series with '7' in its title......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2014-03-20, 08:28   Link #49
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
same character designer, who also did Turn A Gundam & Overman King Gainer, which both are also Sunrise & Tomino shows

Turn A was by Akiman (who's doing mechs design for this show), not Yoshida. Gainer was his first show with Tomino
Old 2014-03-20, 08:30   Link #50
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

God, you could take away all of my saving for Gunpla for the next year, but please don't make this the end of Gundam franchise.

(which in case would all the money became useless, too)

That aside, since we have Origin and maybe G-Reko to satisfy our traditional apetite, maybe this dish would give quite the exotic taste.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 08:31   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Having a Gundam series with Eureka Seven character designs seem really weird somehow. Oh well, I'll get used to it.
Old 2014-03-20, 08:50   Link #52
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Turn A was by Akiman (who's doing mechs design for this show), not Yoshida. Gainer was his first show with Tomino
oh, sorry for the confusion, well there's the Deadman Wonderland manga & not the anime version........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Having a Gundam series with Eureka Seven character designs seem really weird somehow. Oh well, I'll get used to it.
wait until they had Gundam characters designed by CLAMP & TypeMoon........ & Akira Toriyama?
Old 2014-03-20, 08:51   Link #53
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The "7" part is not the problem. I just hope the story and execution isn’t similar to Eureka. Don’t get me wrong, I love E7, but it’s just too focused on the EMO and getting so melancholic past the introductory parts. Just like Shinsekai Yori, E7 has good story but its EMO-ness suck the fun out of it, and not really a repeat-viewing material for me. I don’t want that. I want fun in my Gundam series.
Old 2014-03-20, 08:56   Link #54
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I guess what really throws me off is the mecha design. The overall feel of the show seems more ancient than meca-ish. Different. Probably not to my taste. Just as how I took one look at AGE and wondered why a toy became a warmachine that stood in between people and an undignified massacre. The whole thing with the design feels more lowkey and something else entirely than a gundam. I can't say it's a flop. It's certainly different in a way that doesn't captivate me, at least not by first impressions. But I hope that changes soon.

I've always been more aligned with mecha shows in ancient settings when the mecha show a stark contrast to the world, as if a foreign entity completely. Here, the mecha feel just as weathered.

I think I'll wait till the show develops more and research about the in-verse technology before making a final judgement. AGE-2 was probably the only machine I liked in AGE. Mostly because the design drew my attention away from the ugly "A" symbol.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 09:11   Link #55
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I guess what really throws me off is the mecha design. The overall feel of the show seems more ancient than meca-ish. Different. Probably not to my taste. Just as how I took one look at AGE and wondered why a toy became a warmachine that stood in between people and an undignified massacre. The whole thing with the design feels more lowkey and something else entirely than a gundam. I can't say it's a flop. It's certainly different in a way that doesn't captivate me, at least not by first impressions. But I hope that changes soon.

I've always been more aligned with mecha shows in ancient settings when the mecha show a stark contrast to the world, as if a foreign entity completely. Here, the mecha feel just as weathered.

I think I'll wait till the show develops more and research about the in-verse technology before making a final judgement. AGE-2 was probably the only machine I liked in AGE. Mostly because the design drew my attention away from the ugly "A" symbol.
Fair enough. I do agree the designs do look a lot more organic than typical Gundam design. Definitely different, but I think it fits the setting that something that used to look mechanical develops into something more natural.
Old 2014-03-20, 09:28   Link #56
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I too get a E7 vibe from this, Obe. Anyway, I'm just hoping this'll be good, since Victory Gundam ended Tomino's stuff just has not been as good as his classics.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 09:31   Link #57
kuroihikari2

Quote:

It's all too similar to Turn A design wise, and turn A had that weird feeling of disjoint Gundam steampunk.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 09:35   Link #58
Death Usagi
Banned

Well... I hope this isn't like Eureka Seven seriously...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 09:47   Link #59
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

^I hope it'll be more like Astral Ocean.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 10:08   Link #60
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Well... I hope this isn't like Eureka Seven seriously...
well except that the main guy is part of the military from the beginning as his job through graduation? so he's like most U.C. side story pilots in same manner as Shiro Amada & Kou Uraki?