AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-05-17, 16:09   Link #19961
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Obligatory repost.

I got your NanoFate right here.

She's saying "At last... We're alone together. Nanoha..."

HAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited by Tempy; 2009-05-17 at 16:20. Reason: CRY. SCREAM. SUFFER. AND DIE!
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 19:39   Link #19962
Sakome

Wow we're almost a 1000 pages, is that a record?
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 19:49   Link #19963
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*checks the old OC thread*

Nope, still 225 pages left after that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 21:44   Link #19964
Sassy_Bread
I'm umami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Spoiler for The second opening is going to be based on K-ON!'s:
No...no....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, it's kinda odd that the only characters in the whole MSLN "School Days" thing is just the three Aces. How come?
Also, the classroom they were in is totally different than what one would find in a Japanese school...it looked more like a lecture hall in a college. They need to do their research.

The scream at the end of the episode 1 made it seem it was gonna have an early nice boat. But since that's not gonna happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Obligatory repost.

I got your NanoFate right here.

She's saying "At last... We're alone together. Nanoha..."

HAHAHAHAHA.
...Ahhhh, thanks Tempest. I feel better now.
Sassy_Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 22:16   Link #19965
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Bread View Post
Btw, it's kinda odd that the only characters in the whole MSLN "School Days" thing is just the three Aces. How come?
Also, the classroom they were in is totally different than what one would find in a Japanese school...it looked more like a lecture hall in a college. They need to do their research.

The scream at the end of the episode 1 made it seem it was gonna have an early nice boat. But since that's not gonna happen...
I don't think I want to understand why people would like to see the characters they like brutally murderer, that's above me (Makoto's case was different, everyone wanted him dead xD), but anyway it would be nice if you could point the feedback to the original author, that way she can use it to improve her next releases. If you want you can do it at her youtube channel or at her web site if you're interested.

About the characters' question, I think I can respond that. In my opinion Kamio doesn't need to show us what the characters not directly involved with the plot are doing, doing so will have a cost associated since she will need to draw more and get more voice actresses. Probably some of them may take a role in this story in future episodes, that's not discarded either.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 22:23   Link #19966
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the final budget is. Extras and Easter Eggs are fan favorites, and doing little bits that add depth the the universe itself can sometimes be as important as the story itself.

You come for the story... you stay for the universe.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 23:14   Link #19967
shaoron
AQS representative

Quote:
Spoiler for The second opening is going to be based on K-ON!'s:

when you said "school days" what i think is someone ending up getting "befriended"...
with the heads cut off...
have rolled the rick over nine thousand times
yet never gonna give you up
so as I sing, UNLIMITED RICKROLL WORKS
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 01:52   Link #19968
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Oh, y'mean how she and Nanoha apparently get less screen time for everyone else's love for Fate?
No, this is already the case in seasons 2 and 3 anyway. At this point I just want to know if we have confirmation that she's going to appear in the movie at all or not.
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 06:47   Link #19969
KimmyChan

Spoiler for *Nanoha Blue*:
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 10:41   Link #19970
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
Spoiler for *Nanoha Blue*:
O3O

Kawai boom.
Old 2009-05-18, 10:58   Link #19971
Sassy_Bread
I'm umami.

Quote:
I don't think I want to understand why people would like to see the characters they like brutally murderer, that's above me (Makoto's case was different, everyone wanted him dead xD), but anyway it would be nice if you could point the feedback to the original author, that way she can use it to improve her next releases. If you want you can do it at her youtube channel or at her web site if you're interested.

About the characters' question, I think I can respond that. In my opinion Kamio doesn't need to show us what the characters not directly involved with the plot are doing, doing so will have a cost associated since she will need to draw more and get more voice actresses. Probably some of them may take a role in this story in future episodes, that's not discarded either.

I wanna see the characters brutally murder each other because she titled it "School Days". Kinda weird that she might not know it since that h-game/anime is so popular for its messed up plot.

As for the characters....then...if she's trying not to show the people directly involved in the plot...then what is Hayate doing there? From what I see, this is just shipper fodder. And a plot? I don't even think that's planned if she randomly pops K-On references just because of the show's new popularity (I'd rather have the girls do the Tell Me dance or the dance to Gee, but that's just me).
To me, it's very disturbing that not even Alicia and Suzuka are even in there. And umm...voice actresses...to tell you the truth, sometimes they take on extra roles until other voice actresses (or actors, but we all know that's a stretch for a NanoFate thing) are found.
Another thing, even though I'm actually not good with flash, I got kinda nitpicky when watching the episode. I know that it can't be perfect like an actually episode on TV, but I've seen people on Newgrounds have more fluid animation. So, the animation at points got very awkward, especially when they were moving.
For a flash series, you don't need a "budget". Usually you just need Flash or some other programs you think are necessary. Also, if you get voice actresses, sometimes they do it for free for flash animations, since they know usually they don't have the money.
Sassy_Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 11:31   Link #19972
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Bread View Post
I wanna see the characters brutally murder each other because she titled it "School Days". Kinda weird that she might not know it since that h-game/anime is so popular for its messed up plot.

As for the characters....then...if she's trying not to show the people directly involved in the plot...then what is Hayate doing there? From what I see, this is just shipper fodder. And a plot? I don't even think that's planned if she randomly pops K-On references just because of the show's new popularity (I'd rather have the girls do the Tell Me dance or the dance to Gee, but that's just me).
To me, it's very disturbing that not even Alicia and Suzuka are even in there. And umm...voice actresses...to tell you the truth, sometimes they take on extra roles until other voice actresses (or actors, but we all know that's a stretch for a NanoFate thing) are found.
Another thing, even though I'm actually not good with flash, I got kinda nitpicky when watching the episode. I know that it can't be perfect like an actually episode on TV, but I've seen people on Newgrounds have more fluid animation. So, the animation at points got very awkward, especially when they were moving.
For a flash series, you don't need a "budget". Usually you just need Flash or some other programs you think are necessary. Also, if you get voice actresses, sometimes they do it for free for flash animations, since they know usually they don't have the money.
Well, your budget is your time in this case, the direct cost of making the project.
I think you meant Arisa there, not Alicia ^^U

If you're willing to write feedback, it would be great if you could direct it to the original author, since I don't think she visits this forum.

Old 2009-05-18, 12:59   Link #19973
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

~

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2009-05-18, 13:16   Link #19974
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
~

Spoiler for NSFW:
You posted a very nice selection today Nina.
The last two NanoFate pics are simply precious.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

Old 2009-05-18, 16:05   Link #19975
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Maybe the flood of cuteness and squishy romance drove the fans insane and all they have left are twisted desires of S&M. I find it deplorable that we need violence or sex to sell a story, but in the face of low budgets, it's all we have. Just check the advertising campaigns of Hell's Pizza in Australia.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 16:26   Link #19976
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's not so much the 'omg we wants blooooood' heck, I don't even like that scene myself. What is the point here is that School Days, which this project is inspired by, is famous for its Nice Boat scene. To have a Nanoha/School Days crossover and not have a Nice Boat scene is like having a Nanoha/Star Wars crossover without Jedi.
Old 2009-05-18, 16:46   Link #19977
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's not so much the 'omg we wants blooooood' heck, I don't even like that scene myself. What is the point here is that School Days, which this project is inspired by, is famous for its Nice Boat scene. To have a Nanoha/School Days crossover and not have a Nice Boat scene is like having a Nanoha/Star Wars crossover without Jedi.
You probably missed my edit here, but this series isn't a cross over or spin off of School Days. The title "School Days" is pretty generic by itself, I don't remember how many fics from different series I have seen with that same title, but it's pretty common.

EDIT: Page 1000 already? Page claim in the name of all the contributors and collaborators of the Nanoha fandom! Special thanks to Nina and LVD, and all our friends of nanofate.net

Last edited by BPHaru; 2009-05-18 at 17:15.
Old 2009-05-18, 17:01   Link #19978
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The title alone causes confusion, but when the creator throws things like this at you:

It's getting really hard not to think of this as a crossover.
Old 2009-05-18, 17:01   Link #19979
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

For many to hear "School Days," the thoughts of the visual novel of the same name pops into mind. Regardless of "it's a generic title" or "it's pretty common" claims, the title will immediately be associated with Nice Boat, and the expectations therein.

Just deal with it. It's not your job to defend it.

Edit: Dammit Keroko ninja post...

With those sort of images, yeah. I can't help but think Nice Boat. And really, that screaming in the video? I doubt that's in ecstasy.

Nanoha (or Fate, or Hayate) is going to die. And I will laugh.
Old 2009-05-18, 17:08   Link #19980
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Finally... 1000 pages. Congrats thread!

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw