Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-27, 19:09   Link #401
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I always thought that to expand the number of Geass users tied to C.C., we have to change her personality a little. She's now more playful in the trickster way, akin to Loki (but not to the same extent). She wants to see how others who are in love would use the Geass to help their loved ones. (essentially what Lelouch was doing in the original series anyway, Mao to a certain extent.) In Shirley's case, she just wants to be less of a prick, since Mao was the one who gave the Mind Screw lecture.
Hmm, C.C.'s character doesn't necessarily have to change. Of course, C.C. only chose one Geass user at a time so it would be easier to keep track of them and for them to fulfill her wish. Lets just say that certain set of circumstances led her to give Shirley a geass (I really don't see her toying with people by giving them a geass to help their loved ones) and I think the contract would probably be the same as Lelouch; to end her life. But I guess it could also be something differen.t

I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence though.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 19:17   Link #402
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Mao got his Geass from you-know-who. So, yeah.

If we're talking about the "revive" geass, this image comes up in my mind: Shirley in her nightgown staring at her bedroom mirror in interest (the Geass symbol in one eye).

"Would this really work?"
Old 2009-05-27, 20:14   Link #403
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Mao got his Geass from you-know-who. So, yeah.
Yes, well, she did kinda abandon him when she found out that Mao wasn't going to be able to fulfill her wish. So she wasn't keeping track of him anymore.

The way I see it, C.C. would only give out another Geass to someone while Lelouch was still around is if she does it so that that person can aid Lelouch, who has the most potential for granting her wish, in his goal. She did say that she would help Lelouch accomplish his goal, after all, and if that meant giving someone like Shirley or someone else the Power of Kings... I think she'd do it.

Hmm. Starting to feel plotbunnies coming on; though I rarely do fanfiction these days...
Old 2009-05-27, 22:32   Link #404
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

ha, didn't that kind of happen in Game of Kings?
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 22:42   Link #405
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Lord Bear's fic, right? I dunno--I haven't read it. I mainly stick to one-shots when reading Code Geass fanfics.
Old 2009-05-27, 22:49   Link #406
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
ha, didn't that kind of happen in Game of Kings?
Yep, I was just thinking about that, how...

Spoiler for fanfic spoilers:
Old 2009-05-27, 22:54   Link #407
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, a Geass which create duplicates can be explained by having the duplicates be hologram-like. I have difficulty accepting a Geass ability which creates something "solid".
Old 2009-05-27, 22:58   Link #408
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Well, a Geass which create duplicates can be explained by having the duplicates be hologram-like. I have difficulty accepting a Geass ability which creates something "solid".
Yeah, I feel the same way. One of the few gripes I have with that fanfic.
Old 2009-05-27, 23:04   Link #409
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

If the fic itself doesn't have too many references to the duplicates having to interact with something solid, we can pull off the changes. But, if there are plot important points tied to the duplicates doing "solid" stuff...
Old 2009-05-27, 23:31   Link #410
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
If the fic itself doesn't have too many references to the duplicates having to interact with something solid, we can pull off the changes. But, if there are plot important points tied to the duplicates doing "solid" stuff...
Hmm, well...

Spoiler for fanfic spoilers:
Old 2009-05-27, 23:53   Link #411
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I guess it can be possible that her Geass would be able to deceive anyone who touches the duplicate or vice versa that the interaction is real. The duplicate still can't interact with inanimate objects, and she exerts herself every time there is personal contact. In fact, during the whole aftermath of her death, all those interactions with her "body" left her so drained that blood flowed down her face from the Geass eye like tears.
Old 2009-05-27, 23:58   Link #412
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

What if her geass reflected her personality; ie what if her power was the power of devotion? Rather than brainwashing people, she could hide an idea in their head that they would subconsciously pursue.

To Mao:
Shirley: Mao, you are a gross misuse of your powers. Shirley Fernette compels you to lend people your psychiatric council!

To Rolo:
Shirley: Your heart is cursed with possession. It will never make you happy. You shall be compelled to make Lelouch happy for his sake, not yours.
Ekul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 00:17   Link #413
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Well, I guess it can be possible that her Geass would be able to deceive anyone who touches the duplicate or vice versa that the interaction is real. The duplicate still can't interact with inanimate objects, and she exerts herself every time there is personal contact. In fact, during the whole aftermath of her death, all those interactions with her "body" left her so drained that blood flowed down her face from the Geass eye like tears.
Blood tears? My my, how very gothic

Anyway, if you like that idea for the doppleganger geass that's cool, but of course it's Lord Bear's fanfic so he calls the shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekul View Post
What if her geass reflected her personality; ie what if her power was the power of devotion? Rather than brainwashing people, she could hide an idea in their head that they would subconsciously pursue.

To Mao:
Shirley: Mao, you are a gross misuse of your powers. Shirley Fernette compels you to lend people your psychiatric council!

To Rolo:
Shirley: Your heart is cursed with possession. It will never make you happy. You shall be compelled to make Lelouch happy for his sake, not yours.
So, basically it's just a weaker form of Lelouch's geass?
Old 2009-05-28, 00:23   Link #414
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Blood tears? My my, how very gothic

Anyway, if you like that idea for the doppleganger geass that's cool, but of course it's Lord Bear's fanfic so he calls the shots.
It's a Break the Cutie plot line: The eye gradually bleeds more frequently as she continues to use the Geass. Another image in mind: After her "death", her duplicate kisses Lelouch on the cheek, straining just so that Lelouch felt something. The real her is smiling, even as both blood and tears flow down her pale cheek.
Old 2009-05-28, 00:27   Link #415
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
It's a Break the Cutie plot line: The eye gradually bleeds more frequently as she continues to use the Geass.
Oh c'mon. Hasn't Shirley suffered enough? I mean, I know Rolo suffered heart damage because his Geass was a result of experimentation, but if Shirley got it from C.C. it shouldn't have any adverse physical affects...I think.
Old 2009-05-28, 00:29   Link #416
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Shirley and angst go so well together (for me). Hate myself for writing it, but at the same time, it's hauntingly beautiful.

I need to lie down.
Old 2009-05-28, 01:13   Link #417
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Shirley and angst go so well together (for me). Hate myself for writing it, but at the same time, it's hauntingly beautiful.

I need to lie down.
Ha ha, I can see Shirley has had quite an affect on you. Don't worry, she has on all of us.

And yes, I suppose angst is a big part of Shirley's character.
Old 2009-05-28, 03:04   Link #418
Sol Falling

No! :P Shirley stands for hope. I don't find any of her tragedies beautiful. Sure, they're effective in making me care and want better for her, but there's no way I'd inflict angst on her myself.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 03:09   Link #419
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

"Yume to Kibo". These 2 go hand in hand with her, and the directors killed them off in Lelouch, when she fell.

If she's given a Geass, I can only imagine how it pains her to get involved with Lelouch's plans.
Old 2009-05-28, 14:15   Link #420
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
No! :P Shirley stands for hope. I don't find any of her tragedies beautiful. Sure, they're effective in making me care and want better for her, but there's no way I'd inflict angst on her myself.
Oh, I agree with you Sol. I hate to see Shirley suffer and I would never inflict any pain on her, but unfortunately she always was a pretty tragic character. Not that we should add more tragedy to it.

Quote:
"Yume to Kibo". These 2 go hand in hand with her, and the directors killed them off in Lelouch, when she fell.

If she's given a Geass, I can only imagine how it pains her to get involved with Lelouch's plans.
I'm not familiar with "yume to kibo". Care to explain?

And I don't think she'd be hurt by helping him. She loves Lulu and if she's going to be closer to him than all the better. And she may even make him see the light, as Sol has stated.