AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 11.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 23.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 21.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.96%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-14, 08:28   Link #21
Veviticus

Whatever. I'm just gonna end up repeating myself
Old 2013-09-14, 08:34   Link #22
Sumeragi
Banned

Stop repeating things that contradict what happened in the actual scenes.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 08:35   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
I don't think it was about giving up. She wasn't. I think you have to look at this from her current mental disposition in that situational context. She wasn't willing to risk having that data destroyed when Febli's life was on the line. Since season 1, she's become more aware of how much destructive power she possesses I believe, how much it can hurt others if she's not careful. This was shown when Mikoto blamed herself when Febli was taken to the hospital after they were attacked by those powered suits. It also just shows how far Mikoto's willing to go, how much she's willing to sacrifice to achieve her goal of keeping Febli alive. She did tell Heaven Cancellor that she was willing to sacrifice her own well-being for the little girl after all. She's faced the darkness before and she knows how terrible it can be; I think this time round, she's just more mentally prepared to go to the extremes without a fuss (compared to the sisters arc).
Very nice, but isn't it obvious she'd be more likely to get the information by kneecapping him with a couple of railguns than she'd ever be by surrendering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
The first part with Therestina was funny, Mikoto definitely knows how to play with people's feelings.
It was obvios that she COULD NOT have a drug with her in prison, so it was just a chocolate.
But, well played Mikoto..
She's a Kihara. Of course it could be deadly poison.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 08:41   Link #24
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Stop repeating things that contradict what happened in the actual scenes.
Who are you talking to? *tilts head curiously* :S

Quote:
Very nice, but isn't it obvious she'd be more likely to get the information by kneecapping him with a couple of railguns than she'd ever be by surrendering?
Thanks. I think I already mentioned that she probably didn't want to risk the data being broken by her power...?

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 08:45   Link #25
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Who are you talking to? *tilts head curiously* :S
Veviticus. I thought the fact he said repeating myself" would make my statement obvious.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 08:47   Link #26
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Veviticus. I thought the fact he said repeating myself" would make my statement obvious.
Sorry, just had to clarify. My brain is tired.

Old 2013-09-14, 09:09   Link #27
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Ahh, forget it. I don't have the strength to complain anymore. There's still a lot of things wrong in this episode and arc and I'm not in the mood.
LOL, I'll follow your example this time. It's not really worth getting into a heated discussion over this.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 09:10   Link #28
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Ahh, forget it. I don't have the strength to complain anymore. There's still a lot of things wrong in this episode and arc and I'm not in the mood.
Me too.....

*sigh*
Old 2013-09-14, 09:32   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Thanks. I think I already mentioned that she probably didn't want to risk the data being broken by her power...?
It was part of his threat. I stand by what I said - she'd be more likely to get the information by kneecapping him. For one thing, there's no guarantee it would damage the data. Even if it does, she could beat the info out of him afterwards.

But if she surrenders, she gambles it all on his basic decency. Which she wouldn't have needed to do in the first place if he had any, so of course it goes badly.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 10:14   Link #30
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

This was a really good episode in my opinion.
Saten x Febri scenes are the best in the whole arc~
Little things like the short music played when Kongou and co. entered, and Konori's old gang jacket in the preview provided some spice.
Regarding the ITEM fanservice scene, I'd preferred if they show Kinuhata and Takitsubo more.
I don't think the ending is bad. Misaka's choice was easy-to-understand for me. Her mental state. She didn't want to risk loosing the real neutralizer, because she wants to save Febri desperately. I feel that strangely her despair makes her act less hot-headed and offensive. She doesn't want to loose anyone anymore.
Just can't wait for next episode!
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 10:52   Link #31
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I'm gonna show sympathy for Shinobu for this one. Damn, they sure like to torture her and see her suffering like that, aren't they? Threatened to paralyze Mikoto but was tricked by Haruki and destroyed the neutralizer was very cruel to her. And worse, it's unbearable for her to see Mikoto's pain & suffering like what happened back in Sisters arc.

Still, we yet to know who created Febri. Though Shinobu was likely the one who created her. Maybe she didn't took it too kindly of her failure to rewrite the MISAKA network by installing emotions into the Testament in order to put an end to the Level 6 Shift experiment back in the Sisters arc. So, she could be creating Febri to cover up her failure. Dang... Being Shinobu is suffering...

And you know what? I feel like I really wanna crush that a$$-wipe Haruki into pulps for being a condescending jerkass towards espers in AC.

Perhaps there was something to do with his pride that motivated him to undergo such experiment on high-level espers to express his contempt on espers. That may explain his resentment on them.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 13:53   Link #32
HandofFate

can't believe Railgun and her fell for that at the end lol.
The memory stick he was holding probably isn't the real data either, he just smashed it to see them get pissed lol.

What if that injection wasn't just a paralyzer, and actually poison.

It be a

RAILGUN BAD END right there
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 14:00   Link #33
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I just don't get why the hell she would trust that guy. That's new levels of stupid. Misaka is supposed to be smart. That whole scene was just... Gah that was frustrating to watch. I feel like they're intentionally making her do stupid things just to have an excuse for the other girls to need to rescue her.

Also I didn't like how she says she still loves Academy City for such a stupid reason. Sure it's killed thousands of her sisters but hey she met her friends there so obviously it's still an awesome place. I mean even if she had said she had mixed feelings that would have been understandable.

The ITEM parts were nice at least.

I skimmed through all the SOL bits because I can't take them anymore so if I'm missing something that would explain any of this let me know. I really doubt it though.
Old 2013-09-14, 14:19   Link #34
Marina2

Ok, ITEM part save this ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko
I don't think the ending is bad. Misaka's choice was easy-to-understand for me. Her mental state. She didn't want to risk loosing the real neutralizer, because she wants to save Febri desperately. I feel that strangely her despair makes her act less hot-headed and offensive. She doesn't want to loose anyone anymore.
Just can't wait for next episode!
You know that she can just...

- Force him to drop it with her electric (shoot at his hand/arm)
- Use a magnetic force to pull memory stick out from his hand
- Destroy the light and change at him
- Just run to him and punch him
etc...

right????
Old 2013-09-14, 15:44   Link #35
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Great episode. Nice to see Therestina again and how she foreshadows why STUDY is doing what they're doing.
Team ITEM rocks in this episode. Hope to see them again.
I can understand what Mikoto did since she can't take the risk of Aritomi of destroying the data needed to save Febri.
Old 2013-09-14, 16:00   Link #36
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I can understand what Mikoto did since she can't take the risk of Aritomi of destroying the data needed to save Febri.
But why the hell would she trust him to actually hand it over? She knows that he doesn't care about Febri, and is totally cool with her dying not to mention that he tried to kill Misaka with a powered suit earlier. So where did she get the idea that he can be trusted to give her friend the cure after she's let herself be paralyzed (or killed for all she knew). It's so niave it's not even funny.

The chances of him not giving up the cure were way smaller than the chances it would be damaged in the fight.

Like I said above this is an obvious and poorly written attempt to make it so the other girls have to save Misaka.
Old 2013-09-14, 16:07   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i never ever like how anime MC respond to hostage situations. They almost always choose the stupidest route. So what if she destroy if the data, there is either a backup somewhere or she can just torture it out him at a later day.

The writing for the this anime-only arc is pretty bad. it is almost like the wirter never bother to read any of the original material.
Old 2013-09-14, 16:09   Link #38
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
But why the hell would she trust him to actually hand it over? She knows that he doesn't care about Febri, and is totally cool with her dying not to mention that he tried to kill Misaka with a powered suit earlier. So where did she get the idea that he can be trusted to give her friend the cure after she's let herself be paralyzed (or killed for all she knew). It's so niave it's not even funny.

The chances of him not giving up the cure were way smaller than the chances it would be damaged in the fight.

Like I said above this is an obvious and poorly written attempt to make it so the other girls have to save Misaka.
I think it was more than just the risk of losing the data for Mikoto. She's realised Nunotaba is also in a tight fix here. I think it's a way of her telling fish-eyes that she's made the right decisions (telling Febli about mikoto etc.) and that she's not afraid to sacrifice alot for the little girl. Obviously, she also doesn't want Nunotaba to get caught up in more conflict than necessary. It's just the kind of person she is.

Old 2013-09-14, 16:14   Link #39
Ashaman

Quote:
The thing that gets me is that if she stopped and thought about it for 2 seconds, Misaka would realize that there is going to be a back up file of that information somewhere - and even if there's not, that guy right in front of her either knows the chemical formula she needs, or knows the guy who does.

That, combined with the minimal amount of danger she'd break the data file if she just took it by force, makes me groan in despair.
Old 2013-09-14, 16:14   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hostage situations suck.

Dumb move certainly by Mikoto, but not one I'm considering to be implausible for her to make. Any reasonable move she makes to go after that data could very well get it damaged. Though I'd still think it's worth going for since you can hardly trust anyone that would do something like this and frankly has a serious hate for espers. Oh well, in crisis situations people go with their gut and that isn't always the smartest move to make.

The motivations for these guys is kind of sad. Hard to feel sorry for the poor geniuses that aren't getting as much attention as high level espers. In the end many in both groups are just innately talented. If those people are so bothered by not getting enough attention than go somewhere else. If the resources they can get are so much better there then they should just suck it up. Flashy powers are always going to get more attention than people who are just really really smart .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
The thing that gets me is that if she stopped and thought about it for 2 seconds, Misaka would realize that there is going to be a back up file of that information somewhere - and even if there's not, that guy right in front of her either knows the chemical formula she needs, or knows the guy who does.

That, combined with the minimal amount of danger she'd break the data file if she just took it by force, makes me groan in despair.
Agreed, but isn't one of the points of a hostage situation to not let the person stop and think for a couple seconds? There are often a lot of things people can do, but not as many when they are pressured to make a choice in a hurry. In hindsight I'm sure Mikoto will be rather disappointed in her choice here.