AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 9 19.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 13.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 21.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 17:59   Link #41
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I second that...In novels Agnes was/is the most annoying character for me...Even Cromwell or other bad guys talks are more interesting to read than Agnes past or her emo and useless self in the present...

And in anime...she is still same as annoying plus her non-important side story took a bigger part of second season while leaving important plot to be rushed in only few episodes...
Old 2008-07-22, 18:10   Link #42
gugumomu
the hedgehog

i like how they present Tiffanias character in the anime (and they took some time to show her to us, not only the visual parts ... ). completed with Noto Mamiko's voice she's quite allright.
as a whole this episode was better then ep2, the only somewhat annoying part was at the end. what was with that rukus, all the nobles from the academy celebrating one mere knight? it felt akward even for the anime.
@Highlygifted:
Spoiler for blue haired person:

as most others here i found the "reviving" thing a little odd. it's a method to explain things, not the best maybe, but of course anime doesnt have to exactly follow novels. but that means 2 of the 4 Void rings all lost (Sheffilds when she poisoned that citys waters at the end of season 2, and now Tiffanias). the script writers dont seem to care about details, as in ep2 when Louise casted multiple "Explosions" without any incantation. that means she doesnt need Saito anymore?
Old 2008-07-22, 19:04   Link #43
Ivanlin

uhhhh could any1 give me a nice picture of Saito?

Anyways, i thought the episode was great! Especially the ending, when all the nobles were congratulating over Saito^.^
Old 2008-07-22, 19:23   Link #44
Darknemo2000

I felt taht the ending was stupid... Come one, all nobles are coming for what? For Saito who now merely became a knight? Thats beyond stupid actually...

WAY WAY too exaggerated reaction...
Old 2008-07-22, 19:26   Link #45
Ivanlin

lolz anyway, can u get any Saito pics in hand cuz i wanna make a siggy ty
Old 2008-07-22, 19:31   Link #46
Kenoshin
kero kero kero kero~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I felt taht the ending was stupid... Come one, all nobles are coming for what? For Saito who now merely became a knight? Thats beyond stupid actually...

WAY WAY too exaggerated reaction...
I didn't really like the ending either
Old 2008-07-23, 00:04   Link #47
longshot

guess saitos's new "job" comes with perks as he can get away with certain situations, take less beats from his master/lover, flirt around with the maid ( and may end up dead if his master found out or her father finds out) and lastly he got his own crew now so he has back up for those hairy outnumbered situations
Old 2008-07-23, 01:11   Link #48
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
Finally got to watch this and I gave it a below average score. That cape that Saito got looked pretty bad on him. The preview for the next episode shows him without it on, that's a relief. It also shows Louise as a dog though... As for the ending, I didn't hate it because it showed a lot of the characters that haven't been making any appearances as of late. The fireworks at day time was kind of pointless though, espcially since they were flying in... (Dangerous much?)
Old 2008-07-23, 03:50   Link #49
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Just watched Ep. 3

---Tiffania leaves her wooden house, later revealed she is not a full elf but only half. later revealed she is a cousin of the Queen , .. iv'e got a feeling that some stories are quite rushed... im getting the feeling of "how convenient is that" kind of thing. Anywayz the queen kept pushing the title of chevalier on Saito's face. Even i wouldn't be able to reject that offer if the queen asked me more than once. Okay gripe time! that sword he carries has an ability to teleport Saito yet waited for the moment for Saito's heart to stop!!!! What the hell was that. It knows it could teleport, why did it do wait for situation to became fatal? ... okay moving on, Saito developed a Louise reflex when he is holding hands with Tifa. That kind of thing get's quite old. What kind of relationship is that. I feel that scene is getting quite tiring, i wish Saito would decapitate her head next time her temper bursts like that... Although Saito does'nt get whipped like he used to during the last season. Improvement, but still Louise is getting quite annoying its not cute anymore. Anywayz end of rant. let's see what'll happen next time.
Old 2008-07-23, 07:46   Link #50
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
Just watched Ep. 3

Okay gripe time! that sword he carries has an ability to teleport Saito yet waited for the moment for Saito's heart to stop!!!! What the hell was that.
We don't know how exactly gandalfr's power works, but it gets stronger, when Saito has strong emotions. Remember the fight against Waldo. Saito wanted to protect Louise so badly, that his sword had enough energy to turn into a new one.

Back to the battlefield: Saito lay there badly wounded and he wanted to see Louise again, although he knew, that he was going to die. He desperately screamed out her name and maybe that desperation provided enough energy for his sword to teleport Saito away.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:17   Link #51
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

LMAO, Saito is only a Vice-Captain. Poor guy is bullied more than any other harem male lead....
Old 2008-07-23, 09:25   Link #52
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
Back to the battlefield: Saito lay there badly wounded and he wanted to see Louise again, although he knew, that he was going to die. He desperately screamed out her name and maybe that desperation provided enough energy for his sword to teleport Saito away.
I don't think so. According to the sword, Saito was not the one who teleported, because he was unconscious at the time of the teleportation.

This is what Saito's sword said:
Quote:
It was I who sent my unconscious partner to the Weston Woods.
Old 2008-07-23, 14:20   Link #53
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

So i see... it is like a lambda drive.

Quote:
It was I who sent my unconscious partner to the Weston Woods.
You make a point there. How could an unconcious Saito give energy to his dumb sword. I think Delfringer also said that his heart already stopped before they've reached Tifa.
Old 2008-07-23, 15:56   Link #54
AquaMethod
キラボシ★

Send a message via AIM to AquaMethod
Well...at least Saito and Louise do seem to be making progress with their relationship; that's my favorite part of this season right now. Sure, they still have fights, but at least Louise was grateful to "Tifa" for saving Saito's life--and she got mad at her, not Saito (Except when Saito went out of his way to invite her to the academy). Saito doesn't make fun of Louise anymore, and not only has he confessed his love and promised to protect her, but he's tried to bed her at least twice already. That's a lot further than, say, Shana and Yuji have ever gotten!
Old 2008-07-23, 16:48   Link #55
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Saito imagining Louise's would-be reaction to seeing the he and Tiffania hold hands hands was hilarious. Maybe, just maybe, the boy is finally starting to learn.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2008-07-23 at 17:00.
Old 2008-07-23, 17:38   Link #56
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
How could an unconcious Saito give energy to his dumb sword. I think Delfringer also said that his heart already stopped before they've reached Tifa.
That's a point, but it doesn't make my speculation less valid. In the flashback we saw how Saito used his remaining strength and his desperation for a last scream. A scream for Louise. Almost at the same time Delfringer started to glow and transported him to the forest. So why can't Saito's last burst of emotions be the trigger for the teleportation? I don't believe, that Delfringer is able to act on his own. He needs the power of Gandalfr to do these things.

Yes, Saito's heart had stopped, when Tifa found him, but it hadn't stopped, when they reached the forest.
Old 2008-07-23, 18:19   Link #57
Darknemo2000

The point is he was unconscious when Derf teleported him, and with him being unconscious he could not give the energy needed and Derf cannot store energy in itself.

Even if he started to glow Saito was still unconscious during the teleportation istelf or else we would have seen it happening (considering that this scene was bound to Saito's consciousness so that we would get more tension). So even if he started to glow once Saito becomes unconscious this glow does stops and whole teleportation becomes very questionable as Derf cannot store magic (he is not a wand).
Old 2008-07-24, 02:36   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Blood-loss induced loss of consciousness followed by cardiac arrest can do funny things to your memory. It may very well be he saw it happening, but:
- wasn't in any state to understand what was happening;
- can't remember it anyway.

He may not even remember the last moments of the battle.
Old 2008-07-24, 04:31   Link #59
Darknemo2000

As far as I understood Derflinger he said that the partner was unconscious when he teleported him meaning he was not able to give Derf his magical energy based on emotions since when you are unconscious you cannot produce any emotions, strong or weak.
Old 2008-07-24, 07:07   Link #60
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

i reallly hate the opening of the ed, the part where "hai . . arie nai" with the 80s cheesy bgm
Closed Thread