AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-02-28, 19:36   Link #881
LusterFlare
Lost.

Jahvid best reppin' Cal at the combine: fastest RB with a 40 time of 4.35. Interestingly, Spiller's 40 time was a tenth of a second slower in the official results.

I have this weird feeling that the Rams might trade down and draft a QB...
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 07:55   Link #882
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Dorin Dickerson is making a mockery of the Combine tests. Dude is making himself a lot of money right now.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 13:45   Link #883
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

What position was Dorin Dickerson grouping with at the combine? Dude was a FB, a WR, and a TE in his college career.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 22:15   Link #884
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
What position was Dorin Dickerson grouping with at the combine? Dude was a FB, a WR, and a TE in his college career.
Dickerson was running with the TEs at the Combine.

And to top it all off, he was dead-set on playing D-End when he committed to Pitt.

Joe Paterno told him he was going to be a tight-end and he didn't like that. Pitt told him what he wanted to hear... and promptly switched him to offense shortly after his arrival.

Old 2010-04-04, 20:29   Link #885
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

McNabb has been traded to the Redskins for a 2nd round pick this year and 3rd or a 4th next year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5055346

WOW! To a division rival!?
Old 2010-04-04, 20:57   Link #886
solomon

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am bewildered. I have no idea what Shanahan or Lurie are thinking.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 22:33   Link #887
JagdPanther

Quote:
McNabb has been traded to the Redskins for a 2nd round pick this year and 3rd or a 4th next year.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love it!

(Though, watch, McNabb will never beat the Iggles....)

Absolutely awful move by the Iggles... for now.

Old 2010-04-04, 23:51   Link #888
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:

I've been dreading this day for a while. God why is this Eagles organization such a bunch of brain dead idiots. The loss of Westbrook wasn't that much of an upset to me due to having McCoy, but losing Dawkins and Mcnabb is ridiculous. I'll always be rooting for McNabb as he has we always be my QB(I grew up watching the guy), but it is a shame to see him seperate from my team.

Defenitely the 2nd biggest down point of my football life behind the Eagles losing the Super Bowl. I wish the best for McNabb and if things don't pan out well for the Eagles next year, the Redskins I'll be rooting for. I'd still love to see McNabb get himself a ring.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-04-05 at 11:46.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 01:12   Link #889
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Jesus Christ.

Gocong and Sheldon to the Browns, Dawk to the broncos last year...

Wow.

Just wow.

This is a bigger epic fail than Requiem for the Phantom's last two minutes!

We head Desean and Maclin as two up and coming receivers, LeSean McCoy and (hopefully) Leonard Weaver as a running game, and we decide to trade away our 6-time QB?

Someone needs to throw the eagles' front office out pronto.

Odds are we're not breaking 50/50 for 2010 with the interception machine that is Kevin Klob.

Edit: stupid Reid for mentioning that the eagles would trade McNabb under any condition.

Imbecile.
Old 2010-04-07, 22:27   Link #890
Samari
World's Greatest

Just a few years ago the Eagles had an elite squad with guys like McNabb, Westbrook, Dawkins, Brown, and Sheppard. Now they're all gone. The team has gotten better in some aspects with young players like DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy. However, I think Philadelphia made a huge mistake dealing McNabb. I'm not too concerned about where he ended up. I think the Eagles organization learned from the entire mess that happened with Favre and the Packers. Probably allowed the man to go where he wanted. Who knows. In any case, McNabb is only 33 years old. He still has A LOT left in the tank...and to put this franchise on the shoulders of Kevin Kolb who has only started two games is a big risk. A risk I don't think is worth the gamble. I would have held on to McNabb as long as I could and upgraded that defense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 23:44   Link #891
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I actually like this move by Eagle. From historical perspective it can spell success. The Yankees won 4 world championship under Joe Torre. They still opted to fire him because his team wasn't winning any more under his management since the last one. They get a new manager. With him they don't even make the playoff the next year. And the year after that, they win the championship once again.

A change of pace isn't always a bad thing to go over that final hump. Phillies might win the big one with this change and McNabb may finally win his own coveted ring with the Skins. I think it has worked out for everyone. The move also signifies the next in line to get the axe is no one else but Mr. Andy Reid and he may not even have two seasons to work with. Kevin Kolb also has Michael Vick as the back up which means they can give the offense a dynamic makeover, so I think Philly is the team to watch out for in the next couple of years while Skins are certainly on their way too. NFC East looks even more formidable now with all these new development.

Looking forward to it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 00:13   Link #892
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Any time you deal a 6-time pro bowler...

In the words of George Carlin:

"Now that's just plain fucking stupid."

The front office is paid to make decisions regardless of what fans say. I think they started taking the constant winning seasons THANKS IN LARGE PART TO McNabb.

Now Kevin Klob is probably going to get Klobbered by pass rushers all season because at least DMac could run so he wasn't so easily sacked. Klob is a pick machine (hi there, Baltimore game 2 seasons ago), and the only game he's ever won was against the terribad Chiefs.

Yeah...we sure got a bright future ahead of us -.-...

How the hell you decide to deal a top 10 QB is beyond me. That's such a boneheaded move that it's beyond words.
Old 2010-04-08, 00:29   Link #893
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Spoken like a true Eagle fan!

I truly think that in a sports like Football, one player can never make a difference single handedly. It also opens up the other option for Andy Reid that is Michael Vick. He can now fluently use both of those quarterback without worrying about an undermined McNabb. Nothing is written in stone yet. The new season is only five months way. hehe... I really think it is a very good move by the Eagles.
Old 2010-04-08, 00:37   Link #894
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I truly think that in a sports like Football, one player can never make a difference single handedly.
Jake Delhomme.
Old 2010-04-08, 01:02   Link #895
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Jake Delhomme.
2003-4 season was great for him. 2004-5 was so so. 2005-6 was very good. 2006-7 and 2007-8 is .............. and 2008-9 is where they reward him with a five year extension with 20 mil guarnatee. He returns the favor with the worst output ever in his career. He is now with the Brown and will be fighting for the starting position.

We can also mention Kerry Collins who gave Titans so much success in the 2007-8 season and Warner who took the Cardinals to the Superbowl. Oh and, let's not forget the biggest of all, mr. Brady himself.

It's a team game!

Even with the perfect of team lead by the most superior of talent in quarterback position, there is no guarantee a team will go all the way in NFL. It happens when everything is coming together and the quarterback position is just one of the many things that need to come together for a team.

No wonder I love this sport.
Old 2010-04-08, 01:20   Link #896
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I get that it's a team game, but my point is that last year when Delhomme stunk, the whole team stunk, even with one of the best backfields in the league. When Delhomme started, the Panthers were 4-7. When a fresh face in Matt Moore came in, he limited the turnovers exponentially and everything picked up, even the defense, and the Panthers finished the season 4-1 with same players against teams with playoff propects. It was the same with the Vince Young/Kerry Collins situation.

My point is that one player can single-handedly make a difference, especially when dealing with the QB position, who more often than not is the leader of the team. If Peyton Manning went down with a injury, I doubt that the Colts would continue to operate like a well-oiled machine, in fact, I don't think they would be a playoff team.
Old 2010-04-08, 01:24   Link #897
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
I actually like this move by Eagle. From historical perspective it can spell success. The Yankees won 4 world championship under Joe Torre. They still opted to fire him because his team wasn't winning any more under his management since the last one. They get a new manager. With him they don't even make the playoff the next year. And the year after that, they win the championship once again.

A change of pace isn't always a bad thing to go over that final hump. Phillies might win the big one with this change and McNabb may finally win his own coveted ring with the Skins. I think it has worked out for everyone. The move also signifies the next in line to get the axe is no one else but Mr. Andy Reid and he may not even have two seasons to work with. Kevin Kolb also has Michael Vick as the back up which means they can give the offense a dynamic makeover, so I think Philly is the team to watch out for in the next couple of years while Skins are certainly on their way too. NFC East looks even more formidable now with all these new development.

Looking forward to it.
Your example would not support the Eagles decision. On the contrary, it supports the angle that the Eagles are going to struggle without Donovan. And let's not forget McNabb is being replaced with a quarterback that has very little starting experience and hasn't shown anything to warrant being a starter. This is a quarterback driven league and if you don't have one that is even on a decent level, you're most likely not making the postseason. Not saying Kolb can't rise to the challenge, but I just don't think the risk was one that was necessary to take. Especially when you have an elite quarterback on your roster.

Quote:
My point is that one player can single-handedly make a difference, especially when dealing with the QB position, who more often than not is the leader of the team. If Peyton Manning went down with a injury, I doubt that the Colts would continue to operate like a well-oiled machine, in fact, I don't think they would be a playoff team.
Word. Like I just mentioned this is a QB driven league. If Peyton Manning went down I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts didn't win another game...even if it was near the beginning of the season. Their backup has played extremely awful. I think they need to find someone better.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-04-08, 01:30   Link #898
monir
cho~ kakkoii

No argument there, especially where Peyton is concerned! I was chiding in more along with the situation that is undertaking in Philadelphia where fans are stating the team doesn't have any chance in the coming season now that McNabb is gone. The system that works for the Eagle and the man behind it (Andy Reid) is still there. I think its way too soon to write them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Your example would not support the Eagles decision. On the contrary, it supports the angle that the Eagles are going to struggle without Donovan. And let's not forget McNabb is being replaced with a quarterback that has very little starting experience and hasn't shown anything to warrant being a starter. This is a quarterback driven league and if you don't have one that is even on a decent level, you're most likely not making the postseason. Not saying Kolb can't rise to the challenge, but I just don't think the risk was one that was necessary to take. Especially when you have an elite quarterback on your roster.
In the mounting question by the very Eagle-fans whose murmur were getting louder every season as to whether Eagles can ever do it with McNabb in the helm, the move was just a matter of time. Which is why I think it was a good move for the team. I also acknowledge that any expectation for an immediate success from a rookie quarterback is not practical, but the move still signifies the organization wants to move in a different direction. Whether it is going to spell success or not is too premature of a conclusion. Even Peyton had 3 shitty season before he started this monumental run at win-festival in the last few season.

Last edited by monir; 2010-04-08 at 01:41.
Old 2010-04-08, 01:33   Link #899
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
No argument there, especially where Peyton is concerned! I was chiding in more along with the situation that is undertaking in Philadelphia where fans are stating the team doesn't have any chance in the coming season now that McNabb is gone. The system that works for the Eagle and the man behind it (Andy Reid) is still there. I think its way too soon to write them off.
I wouldn't write them off either, but at the same time I can't see them being as close to the Cowboys now to win the division just due to the uncertainty of Kolb at the position. I might even put the Giants ahead of them at this point. Reid needs to fix that defense too or else the team is going to be in more jeopardy.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-04-08, 01:45   Link #900
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I wouldn't write them off either, but at the same time I can't see them being as close to the Cowboys now to win the division just due to the uncertainty of Kolb at the position. I might even put the Giants ahead of them at this point. Reid needs to fix that defense too or else the team is going to be in more jeopardy.
Considering Andy Reid will be much more in control of the team with McNabb's departure, I think Eagles can do it, especially defensively. The real question how much time the Eagles will give him. He had been in the hot seat since the talk for the McNabb trade began.

Tags
american football, sports