Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-01, 13:56   Link #21
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What's the point of giving Kankuro more puppets, he already got the Sasori one
Quote:
This doesn't bode well for the war. And I don't even mean the talk-no-jutsuing two zombies in just two chapters part.
Personally, I hate the emotional subjugation, these guys are exiled assassin zombies and they yield to crap speeches? Sai's brother is one thing, because that one could actually care and feel for his brother, but Sasori being a real boy? Please...
About Naruto's training: while I don't like the "training of the week" panels, they will justify the power he will be using later on, you can't just kyuubihameha Kabuto without a reference being made beforehand.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 14:35   Link #22
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So all Sai has to do is tell Deidara that he really admires his art and then he'll go join Sasori in ninja heaven. Or should it be hell?

I was hoping the war meant we wouldn't have to see Naruto again until Madara attacked the Kages. Didn't we just have training? There is nothing more boring than training, so of course Kishimoto gives us more of it instead of padding the battles the one time he has an excuse to do it. Remember when we were complaining about Sasuke hogging the manga? The dude has wisely stayed in the background for a long time. Naruto should take a hint. And now the manga has turned into the movies where everything is solved with bigger rasengan!

We at least Madara now knows Kabuto is probably trolling him. Maybe that Mist guy does something next week to the Ambush squad and Madara/Kabuto don't look like losers. Eh, probably not.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 14:43   Link #23
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Like most said, Sasori's death was rushed and felt forced. I guess it's expected that the zombie Akatsuki wouldn't be the threats they were when first introduced, but I was hoping more tension would be built up. Despite that, I'm still sure Kishi won't have every single zombie defeated by getting talked to death (maybe).

Naruto's training is 'meh' as usual. It pretty much kills the theory that Kyuubi and Naruto could work together on friendly terms. The only interesting thing to me was that the fact Yondaime developed Rasengan seemed to interest Killer Bee (he's mentioned Yondaime before, so maybe they have history? ), but then again that could lead to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
He says Kyuubi mode is not good for him since he needs clones to use Rasengan. And it looks like the jutsu Bee is teaching Naruto consist in using "Kyuubi cloak hands" to use Menacing Ball (which is, we should have guessed, the original Rasengan)
Which is funny... didn't he do that instinctively against Sasuke at VoTE?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 14:53   Link #24
james0246

The pace of Naruto's training is similar in design to what we experienced during the Pain arc. So I imagine that we will be getting several updates during the course of the war effort, until Naruto is forced to enter the fray.

Whatever the case, I am very interested in the possible development between Madara and Kabuto next chapter.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 15:05   Link #25
Johnny
Working the bags...

Madara only now realizes that Kabuto is using him...?

Guess when he installed the Rinnegan eyeball it must have had some reminisce left of Nagato and Naruto's bromance in it. Thus clouding his judgment...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 15:17   Link #26
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Madara only now realizes that Kabuto is using him...?

Guess when he installed the Rinnegan eyeball it must have had some reminisce left of Nagato and Naruto's bromance in it. Thus clouding his judgment...
That's not the case, he never trusted Kabuto. But he did think Kabuto's betrayal would begin only if Madara lets B&W-Zetsu or Sasuke near him, so Madara simply keeps Sasuke and Zetsu in a secret place to avoid Kabuto's betrayal. But right now he realizes that Kabuto has some secret plan that is more complicated than just stealing Sasuke or Zetsu. Kabuto forced this cooperation with his secret zombie summon that for some reason scared Madara.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 15:47   Link #27
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Revealing Naruto's abilities thru training is stupid. They had that whole setup where he used 1000 Kagebushin to train years in hours, then set it up so that he could learn and fight at the same time against Kakuzu, and just didn't use the concept again. We already know what Bee can do with his chakra and expect similar things from naruto. It would be a lot cooler if he was learning this in the heat of battle, not having it spoon fed to him inside a turtle cave.
Training arcs, in general, tend to be pretty slow-paced and boring. Which is why many a wise manga-ka have avoided them entirely. Unless you're damn sure you can make it interesting or have some significance to it other than just training to get stronger, it's best to stat away from them.

Also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
This doesn't bode well for the war. And I don't even mean the talk-no-jutsuing two zombies in just two chapters part. We just had our first battle and Kishi is already into Naruto's training. It makes the war, which should be the focal point, the backdrop to whatever Naruto is doing. I wish he would just focus on the war. I mean there is enough characters you could write about in it. And since Naruto's training is about rasengan again, I can't think of anything more boring.
This. Just...so much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, I love how the Hachibi, while instructing Naruto on the Chakra Ball, describes the technique as being similar to vomiting. . There's just something wonderfully ridiculous about a Gigantic 50 meter tall monster vomiting to destroy...
Now we know how Godzilla and countless other giant monsters feel.

Quote:
Whatever the case, I am very interested in the possible development between Madara and Kabuto next chapter.
You mean Kabuto's inevitable betrayal? Yeah, saw it coming a mile away.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 16:47   Link #28
Neji112

Hopefully Kabuto is trying to resurrect Orochimaru. If we're going to see recycled villians, might as well bring back the best even for a short time.

I kinda want to see if anything more than a blip comes from Kimimaru's appearance. It could easily be a Rock Lee rematch but he's insane loyalty to Orochimaru could could come into play if Kabuto betrayal blossoms into something meaningful.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 16:57   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
You mean Kabuto's inevitable betrayal? Yeah, saw it coming a mile away.
No, that wasn't quite what I meant. Madara also already knows Kabuto will betray him, hell Kabuto probably also knows that Madara knows (considering Kabuto forced his way onto the team).

Rather, I was referring to what will happen when both stop pretending that they can work together and confront each other, hopefully leading to further revelations concerning Madara (like what's in the box).
Old 2010-12-01, 17:37   Link #30
Slayerx

So Sasori dies again, but this time by talking... typical sequels

Though I guess this comes as the biggest concern with bringing back the old akatsuki. While we may not have liked how everyone of them died, they at the very least got a really epic battle first. They had a really good high point before they died. Now they've been brought back, but even so it seems unlikely they will ever reach the same heights that made us like them so much as villains. Seeing them again got us excited but it seems we really overestimated how they would be used... frankly might aswell forget about the Akatsuki zombies and focus more on the former kages and former hosts; not really expecting much after sasori and deidara's performance, but at the very least they may be able to show us some new moves
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 18:39   Link #31
kitten320

Eeeeehhhh?! Sasori is already gone? Again?! Why does he always have to be the first one to die T_T

What now? Zabuza pruposes to Haku and they happily go to heaven?
Old 2010-12-01, 18:56   Link #32
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Deidara probably dies again because they say his art is beatiful and he dies crying.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 19:14   Link #33
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I don't see why Naruto can't do mass Kage Bunshin and LEARN to not use a clone to use Rasengan.

like....seriously. Come on!
Old 2010-12-01, 19:52   Link #34
tarachi
Observer

Didn't Sasori got a revelation when he was defeated by Grand Ma at Sakura regarding him becoming a puppet? Maybe Kankuro's speech reopened this thus making Sasori realize and got his soul free.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 20:21   Link #35
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
Didn't Sasori got a revelation when he was defeated by Grand Ma at Sakura regarding him becoming a puppet? Maybe Kankuro's speech reopened this thus making Sasori realize and got his soul free.
Yeah, I was keeping my mouth shut because I don't like making an opinion over spoilers.

I recall Grandma even saying that Sasori let himself be trapped, as in he couldn't have been trapped if he hadn't been willingly careless. Out of all the resurrected Akatsuki, I think he was possibly the easiest to defeat in this fashion, something Kabuto couldn't have known about. It's more than likely he trusted all of Akatsuki to be 'hardcore' as Gaara put it.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 01:55   Link #36
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really see the point in Naruto training again.
He already seems overpowered enough to end this war single-handed, and now he should even get more powerful?
This really smells like a plot device to keep him out of the war.
Actually, it seems Naruto training to attain the Kyuubi mode is impossible (as many already believed), so his current training (much the same as his training with Sage Mode), is centered on kajiggering his various power-ups into a sensible and unified singular power that he can actively use.

That being said, everything is a plot device to keep Naruto out of the war .
Old 2010-12-02, 09:11   Link #37
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Actually, it seems Naruto training to attain the Kyuubi mode is impossible (as many already believed), so his current training (much the same as his training with Sage Mode), is centered on kajiggering his various power-ups into a sensible and unified singular power that he can actively use.
-I wouldn't call Naruto attaining the full Kyuubi mode "impossible", but instead as "not yet". Since that full form seems to be the indicator for the pinacle of his jinchuuriki powers, its not like Kishimoto to drop this hint and never make due on it, especially for the titular character. According to the spoiler, Naruto needs to get the Kyuubi to co-operate/negotiate with him in order to attain that form. That isn't impossible, its just out of his reach at the moment because Naruto kinda locked him back into his cage. But I'm betting that if their ultimate goal is to kill Madara, I think the Kyuubi can be "persuaded" to be a team player. Of course, this can only be a one-time deal because when Madara is gone, their partnership is forfeit.
Old 2010-12-02, 09:56   Link #38
james0246

^The full form was always about cooperation with the Kyuubi. We've known that sicne Kirabi was introduced. That doesn't mean Naruto will ever attain that form. Specifically, much the same as he taught himself Rasegan assbackwards, and never fully completed Sage Training, Naruto will most likely never complete Kyuubi Mode training. Instead, he'll do what he can with the options he has available, just like he always has done.
Old 2010-12-02, 10:30   Link #39
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
^The full form was always about cooperation with the Kyuubi. We've known that sicne Kirabi was introduced. That doesn't mean Naruto will ever attain that form. Specifically, much the same as he taught himself Rasegan assbackwards, and never fully completed Sage Training, Naruto will most likely never complete Kyuubi Mode training. Instead, he'll do what he can with the options he has available, just like he always has done.
-But wait james, I always thought that Naruto's training was all about improvisation to achieve the same effect. Using clones to form the Rasengan/Rasenshuriken. Using clones to gather nature energy at another location in order to bypass the limitation of not being able to have Fukasaku on his shoulder (which he should be able to do now since the Kyuubi has no access to its chakra anymore). Plus, I was under the impression that he mastered Sage Mode, just that he cannot use it for more than 5 minutes at a time.

-But getting back to the point, alright so he cannot use the Kyuubi full form at the moment so he's settling on using the Chakra Blast Sphere for now. But I don't think its unreasonable to believe he will never achieve the full form as well. There is bound to be some loophole that Kishimoto hasn't made us aware of yet. After all, Naruto is all about surpassing his own limitations so I don't see how this isn't just another hill for him to conquer.
Old 2010-12-02, 11:38   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The kyuubi is probably the last creature that could be affected by friendship no jutsu...but submission through force isn't Naruto's style, so I'm not so anxious to see it happening, like, ever. I will agree that Naruto is more than capable of taking on anyone and anything right now, more grinding is unnecessary.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion