AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 25 24.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 22.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 31.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.98%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-10, 03:21   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index II, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 03:24   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Posted the thread a bit early this week, but the episode still airs at the normal time. A reminder: please don't vote until you've watched the episode.

Also, might as well mention in passing here: as with previous shows in this franchise, Index II will be taking a break during the New Years Holiday in Japan, so Episode 13 (when we get there) will be delayed by one week. I'll post a sticky when things get a bit closer.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:04   Link #3
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hmm... episode was rather weak in my opinion.

There was a lack of punch to the scenes, it felt like the Touma fight was just an Amakusa grunt fight, except with dialogue. The inconsistent animation and less than stellar directing didn't help.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 11:43   Link #4
tsunade666

the episode is good for the first part I would give it a 10. The battle is awesome despite the inconsistency of the animation and plus I bet many people would be loving a certain scene in the fight.

While I was watching it on live stream. Their are lots of wwwwww and moon runes crossing the screen when that certain scene was shown. It's around 10:53+.

the later part after the battle is too cramped for me that the information is not been conveyed properly. Even how the spells of oriana thompson aren't explained.

Well aside that they also add the vol 10 already on this episode and a shocking episode for next episode. Episode 11 is a must for that part.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:50   Link #5
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
At least I do feel it's better than the episode before, but man... *cough*50%mark*cough* of this arc, so we have to get a so un-epic Falcon Punch? C'mon... I know the best of his punch is being saved for the last, but damn that didn't feel good at all...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 11:56   Link #6
tsunade666

well Oriana is taller than Touma and what if Touma's misfortune trigger in the middle of the falcon punch and ended up in the bosom of Oriana instead of Falcon punch getting a hit.
Old 2010-12-10, 12:00   Link #7
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well Oriana is taller than Touma and what if Touma's misfortune trigger in the middle of the falcon punch and ended up in the bosom of Oriana instead of Falcon punch getting a hit.
than you will call it "auto recflect" XD or touma will destroy her illusion xD (seal big boobs XD)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 16:13   Link #8
sangwoocool
Banned

I really hope it goes Touma x Mikoto all the way because I mean even their parents know each other now and such. This kind of thing leads to marriage for Touma and Mikoto! XD
sangwoocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 16:23   Link #9
zibi88

but it was cute of mikotos reaction... she asks if her mom knows those people... and mom said that its that boys parents (here toumas dad says... we are kamijous) mikoto goes all WHAT and all red.... mom teases her to act properly in front of his parents :P

not mention mikotos beign all red in that restaurant and beign all stressed with the whole "index went to beach with touma" than index goes "that she constantly follows touma at school" or question is she toumas girlfriend XD

misaka does not have light ;P but it would be nice that it was like parents meets parents and become friends... and that pushes like those 2 families together.. and eventually touma and mikoto would end up as couple xD

ehh still not happening... as touma sees misaka as a middle schooler... so its not in his type to get a kid as girlfriend ^^ (he mostly preffers older ones :P)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 16:51   Link #10
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the chase scene missed some frames, the animation was at least better than last ep, the figth scene was average on the verge of bad, but the bgm was great, at least next episode gonna have good animation, from hat it seems from the preview, its just sad how this reminds me of DBZ where one every 3 episodes had good animation, but in a long running series that more understandable.

also, whats the deal with touma getting hurt in one place and the wound staying on other.

Last edited by zeniselv; 2010-12-10 at 17:07.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 17:16   Link #11
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
the chase scene missed some frames, the animation was at least better than last ep, the figth scene was average on the verge of bad, but the bgm was great, at least next episode gonna have good animation, from hat it seems from the preview, its just sad how this reminds me of DBZ where one every 3 episodes had good animation, but in a long running series that more understandable.

also, whats the deal with touma getting hurt in one place and the wound staying on other.
So far this is the only arc or any of the seasons like this really. Maybe they put money into something bigger
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 17:21   Link #12
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

It wouldn't be an episode of Index without Touma spouting heroic lines and punching some girl.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 18:12   Link #13
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
So far this is the only arc or any of the seasons like this really. Maybe they put money into something bigger
i really, REAAAALLY, hope so.but probably that money is in one of the other series j.c is making....
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 18:44   Link #14
jzmagic
flargansbog

Oriana and Misaka are milfs.

Just wanted to get that off my chest
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 19:04   Link #15
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Here's the weekly LN excerpt dose for this episode!

The fight with Oriana:
Spoiler for volume 9 being unsettled:

Laura's findings:

The details of St. Peter's Cross:

The parents meet Oriana:
Old 2010-12-10, 19:09   Link #16
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Notes Index upgraded her "Bite Attack" into "I'll bash your head even if its empty fist"

Touma and Touya yup like father like son
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 19:26   Link #17
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

the fight was alright, still don't understand how a punch in the face breaks her button on her shirt, so no exchange of stab sword, but now exchanging rights to AC, but who are they trading with and what are they getting, i enjoyed the second half of the ep a little more, Index punching Touma instead on biting him was a nice change, so Biri Biri meets Touma's parents and get embarrassed by her mom, i liked how she noticed "like farther like son", i think Orian ran into Touma's dad on purpose and maybe stuck one of those shorthand papers on him, or maybe not but i'm still suspicious of her, the lunch place was another funny encounter, Index and Biri Biri fighting over Touma, but everyone was surprised that her mother was so young
Old 2010-12-10, 19:35   Link #18
Miraluka
Banned

Touma blushing.... should be that... cute?

Sphinx... cute cat :3
I didn't like how the episode ended. That was kinda lame.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-12-10 at 19:54.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 19:43   Link #19
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Here's the weekly LN excerpt dose for this episode!
Thank you.
This is really helping to understand things that the anime rushes, even though it takes me more time to read these than to watch the episode itself (my reading speed is very low).

P.S: Sorry, i had to remove the synopsis because of "The text that you have entered is too long (50197 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.".

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 19:58   Link #20
tsunade666

well you can just check baka-tsuki for the translation.

aside that. oriana didn't do anything to touma's parent. she was in a hurry to escape and that's just a coincidental escape route for her. Or maybe it's predestined by the kamijou's misfortune that they would always bump into girls.