AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-12, 03:28   Link #1161
JC...
I am a Pie

I can't find it on PSN, but supposedly it's streaming in Europe. Maybe on another video on demand site?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 08:06   Link #1162
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

http://subcultureblog.blog114.fc2.co...ntry-5086.html

Here's the link to quite a number of pictures on the latest unicorn episode..

BUT YET NO VIDEO.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 08:25   Link #1163
rakusukira

Spoiler for o.o:

trolololol!!! banagher will freak out
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:39   Link #1164
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
BUT YET NO VIDEO.
I hear it's out on Zune if you use that.
Old 2011-11-12, 13:57   Link #1165
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Well I must say that in the end the preview was very misleading... very misleading indeed.

While it's nice to see Unicorn in all it's animated glory, I'm still disgusted at the changes they've made from the novels all for the sake of condensing and making it "television friendly". This was an utter disappointment. The entire Dakar arc was shown in the first 6 minutes that everyone saw. Ugh. All in all this ep disappointed me. But, there was a lot of meaningful dialogue. It's not as bad as the preview makes it out to be.

I guess it's time to type up some notes from the novel... :S
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 14:10   Link #1166
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Well I must say that in the end the preview was very misleading... very misleading indeed.

While it's nice to see Unicorn in all it's animated glory, I'm still disgusted at the changes they've made from the novels all for the sake of condensing and making it "television friendly". This was an utter disappointment. The entire Dakar arc was shown in the first 6 minutes that everyone saw. Ugh. All in all this ep disappointed me. But, there was a lot of meaningful dialogue. It's not as bad as the preview makes it out to be.

i was very disappointed as well. the dialogues werent even all that meaningful in my opinion. i mean, sure. banhager doesnt want to kill anyone and we get some backstory about the other characters. but this was episode 4, we are past the halfway point already. they should have concentrated more on the plot itself and of that we didnt really see a lot this time.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 17:13   Link #1167
justpassingby

@Kaioshin

"Television friendly" doesn't mean a TV show though. Even the first Gundam OVA, 0080, was a VHS set meant to be watched on TV screen. Or are you referring to the likes of Fate/Zero, who removed it's gore scenes just so that it will be "Television friendly", even though it is a late night show in Japan?

.....and what's wrong with novel readers and other Gundam fans expressing dissatisfaction with poorly done show that went "All flash, no substance"? I would prefer extra seconds for the Hypocritical announcer and Ricardo Marcenas's speech in vol 1 prologue over pew pew actions

I know I posted this late, and you have already removed your post. But just want to let you know, you can always report their posts if you find them disturbing or non-constructive to the thread, rather than attempting to prevent them from posting?
Old 2011-11-12, 17:20   Link #1168
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
@Kaioshin

"Television friendly" doesn't mean a TV show though. Even the first Gundam OVA, 0080, was a VHS set meant to be watched on TV screen. Or are you referring to the likes of Fate/Zero, who removed it's gore scenes just so that it will be "Television friendly", even though it is a late night show in Japan?

.....and what's wrong with novel readers and other Gundam fans expressing dissatisfaction with poorly done show that went "All flash, no substance"? I would prefer extra seconds for the Hypocritical announcer and Ricardo Marcenas's speech in vol 1 prologue over pew pew actions

I know I posted this late, and you have already removed your post. But just want to let you know, you can always report their posts if you find them disturbing or non-constructive to the thread, rather than attempting to prevent them from posting?
You'll have to excuse me if I disagree that Gundam Unicorn is a poorly done show that's all flash and no substance. I really hope the time hasn't come already where we have to do this dance with yet another Gundam series. That is my main apprehension. Hopefully it's all just nerves and nothing comes of it though.

Whatever...looking forward to seeing the episode tonight hopefully.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 21:06   Link #1169
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

To say that Unicorn is a poorly done show is just beyond silly. I'd say it's trolling. It's got flash alright, but it's got a LOT of substance too.

After watching a couple of episodes of AGE going back to Unicorn has been incredibly satisfying.

This episode had amazing action, incredible visuals as well as top notch drama.
Old 2011-11-12, 21:54   Link #1170
tetsuo69

i can't waot to see the new ep
Old 2011-11-12, 22:45   Link #1171
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
To say that Unicorn is a poorly done show is just beyond silly. I'd say it's trolling. It's got flash alright, but it's got a LOT of substance too.

After watching a couple of episodes of AGE going back to Unicorn has been incredibly satisfying.

This episode had amazing action, incredible visuals as well as top notch drama.
It's far from trolling. If you have no idea what's happened in the novel, then it's easy to have that sort of outlook on the idea.

Take episode one for example. We have zero background as to why Syam is there in the first place or what the hell is going on. Here's an excerpt from the novel:

Quote:
Mankind’s space immigration plan started with a fifty-year plan based on a cry of “Save the Earth, save the people.” The truth is, setting aside the authenticity of the talks of large-scale anti-democratic policy, the contents on which so-called separatist anti-Federation government organization was insisting on the net and in underground publications always seemed to be that if the era of a forced emigration of half the human population has come, the fact is that the “unlucky” people like Syam and the others would be tossed into outer space first. In reality, there were numerous corporations that wished for advancement into outer space but the fact was that it was only the tax incentives that lured them in {charmed them}. A majority of the first space pioneers were the lower-class of Earth—statistics that it was a low-income bracket were introduced in an underground publication.

But, such a thing was not the problem. The big wigs of the "organization" appealed for a separation from the Federation government and prominently expressed a resurgence of nationalism and a boosted national spirit. However, to Syam and the others it was like preaching to the wind. If the Federation government could guarantee a decent job and living, there’d be no doubting {mistaking} following their side. It's fine if I migrate to the Bombe monsters like the Island 3 type colony's. {Bombe = german word for compressed gas cylinder}. The problem was that they didn’t have a choice from the beginning. The country was divided by the Federation's policy, and they had lost not only their jobs, but a place to live, so their only route was to join the "organization".
So here you pretty much learn part of the geopolitical problem that's taking place on Earth. You learn that Syam's father joined a guerrilla resistance movement and was imprisoned, so Syam took over the family business. Eventually the Federation drove him and his family off the land (they lived on a plateau) with little compensation, thus forcing his mother and younger sister to live in an environment where air pollution was quite bad.

Also missing is information relevant to the giant slab you see floating in episode one... information that was peppered throughout the Prime Ministers speech (which is quite long compared to what we saw).

Couple that with a complete arc upheaval in this latest episode. The entire thing took place in Dakar with Banagher and Loni having a more heart to heart, coupled with the fact that she tried stopping her father, who was the madman, not her.

While yes, I suppose I am a little biased watching this series, it can't really be helped given the fact that I followed it from the beginning and was quite pleased that it was being animated. No they can't include everything, but I'm not sure why they axed what they did. If they try having Syam wrap it all up in the end I don't think it'll work all that well.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2011-11-12 at 23:13.
Old 2011-11-12, 22:56   Link #1172
DV04

Anyone got news when it's suppose to be on PSN in the U.S.?
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 23:15   Link #1173
sweet-d

it's supposed to be on psn right now but it's not. the exact same thing happened last time it took them 2 weeks last time. well i'll wait a few days until i complain to bandai entertainment's facebook. :-(
sweet-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 02:45   Link #1174
JC...
I am a Pie

Seems like a regular occurance, I understand a worldwide release is a bit harder than if it were seperate but I believe that it's just the US and European PSN's fault, by my understanding they update the store only on a certain day so a simultanious release is obviously too much of a hassle for them (sarcasm end).

I'll probably resort to Zune, at least they release on time.
Old 2011-11-13, 02:49   Link #1175
DV04

It's up on the U.S. PSN Store NOW!
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:00   Link #1176
Scorpiopt

its not here on Portugal

guess i have to wait for other sources
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:06   Link #1177
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Deacon, was the novel translated by you?
Old 2011-11-13, 11:19   Link #1178
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I have a translation of the first volume from my senior capstone course in college. Will it ever see the light of day? Maybe if a prolific and creative editor tackles it :P

Old 2011-11-13, 12:16   Link #1179
xiaodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post

Agree for the condensation-plot thing and the meaningful dialog opinion. But most of all is, I couldn't understand why the animation production team changed the 2nd Laplace coordinate to Torrington Base instead of Dakar in novel?
Spoiler for novel:
xiaodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:19   Link #1180
saurers123

I guess the point of the anime is like a preview to sell the books. It's like saying "if you want more, buy the whole set of books, suckers!" That's how I usually see things when books are adapted into movies and such. I wonder when I'll be able to read the Unicorn novels in English.....XDDD

Some people say it's best to watch the adaptation first before reading the original, that way, you'll be able to appreciate both together.

How do you access episode 4 in Playstation Network by the way? I've been searching it there for awhile and still no luck.
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote